Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1434056 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#963646 Aug 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> The CBO estimated that if Obamacare was repealrg than it would cost 2.7 Trillion dollars in losses . Are you republicans who oppose Obamacare deliberately tying to bankrupt America ?
Losses meaning less tax revenue. Get a job you ows loser.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963647 Aug 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are so friggin stupid.
The Affordable Care Act doesn't even cover 300 million people.
Jesus, how do manage to get out of bed in the morning you are so stupid and gullible?
YOU aren't even imapcted by the law, nor is anyone that has insurance through their employer, which is most Americans.
And you're so friggin stupid you don't realize that was a democrat who said it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#963648 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're so friggin stupid you don't realize that was a democrat who said it.
Prove it, emoron....you can't, because you're an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#963649 Aug 13, 2013
A totalitarian regime is a government that controls every aspect of the life of the people. People living under this type of regime generally also support it, sometimes almost cultishly, thanks to extensive propaganda missions that are designed to promote a positive view of the government.

Several characteristics can be seen in all totalitarian regimes. The first is strict government control of the media, with the media typically being used as a propaganda organ.

...get rid of Fox once and for all and then check this off the list...next Obamacare and single payer..."control the people"...the cultish left will see to it they succeed if the rest of us don't exercise the power we still have over them at the polls.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963650 Aug 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
The quotation marks and the guys name at the end are a dead give away.

This idiot is a prime example of liberal education. The only reason obama is president is because there are millions this fckn stupid.

Idiot is a perfect screen name for you. Wow!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963651 Aug 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You own this post, tenzing...and the emoronic pedophile that posted it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963654 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
A totalitarian regime is a government that controls every aspect of the life of the people. People living under this type of regime generally also support it, sometimes almost cultishly, thanks to extensive propaganda missions that are designed to promote a positive view of the government.
Several characteristics can be seen in all totalitarian regimes. The first is strict government control of the media, with the media typically being used as a propaganda organ.
...get rid of Fox once and for all and then check this off the list...next Obamacare and single payer..."control the people"...the cultish left will see to it they succeed if the rest of us don't exercise the power we still have over them at the polls.
"The first is strict government control of the media, with the media typically being used as a propaganda organ."

like paying journalists to push your agenda?

there's proof Bush did it. is there proof Obama has done the same?

TheIndependentMa jrity

London, KY

#963656 Aug 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bush normalized US relations with Libya, interesting story involving Bechtel-PetroHunt and more.
It's known when the State Department opened the embassy in Tripoli__the details regarding the Benghazi consulate and CIA base remain a bit sketchy.
We've had embassy's all over, for quite some time.

WTH were we doing invading Libya (March 2011-NO Bush was not the potus) aside from contributing to Failed Statehoods?
TheIndependentMa jrity

London, KY

#963657 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Take it up with Bush, he took Libya off the terrorist nation list and opened the embassy.
Yup and things were stable at least-until March 2011.

WTH were we doing in Libya Homer, aside from initiating failed statehoods?
TheIndependentMa jrity

London, KY

#963658 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The reality, dummy, is that racism is still alive and well in the U.S. Take your blinders off and get some bug spray, the flies around your mouth are nasty. tic
It's the most alive and thriving I have EVER witnessed in fifty years Homer.

Actually, I have NEVER witnessed such pronounced racism (and baiting of) in my entire life-EVER, since the people of this nation NON-BIASEDLY and in good faith, nominated and elected this president.

And it's really been a sad, pathetic era of at least fifty years backwards (worse considering societies decline in ethos to more of the entitleMentality levels, rather than what used to be the integrity and etics of WORKING CLASS people at JOBS, rather than whining around with their palms outstretched, waiting for anyone and everyone else hand whatever to them.

I don't think I've ever been more "displeased" with my country in a lot of ways, than what I have seen in the declines of it over the past few years. Ever.
TheIndependentMa jrity

London, KY

#963659 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
did Bush attend his?
no.
Why would he, Bush was a balance of (saving grace) Yale and (starched collars) Harvard.
GOP idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#963660 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You own this post, tenzing...and the emoronic pedophile that posted it.
I can type quotes and attach any name to it.
Where's your proof, idiot?
TheIndependentMa jrity

London, KY

#963661 Aug 13, 2013
Harry Reid wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no verification process.
We make the rules.
Point being, McCain went through the same damn scrutiny...just without the WHINING and race baiting.

Of course it may be that he was a little easier to "vet" given that his grandfather, his father, as well as himself, all served in the US military (rather than in militaries of other nations).

"WahWahWah....they're just being racist".

John Sidney McCain III (born August 29, 1936) is the senior United States Senator from Arizona. He was the Republican presidential nominee in the 2008 United States election.

McCain followed his father and grandfather, both four-star admirals, into the United States Navy, graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1958. He became a naval aviator, flying ground-attack aircraft from aircraft carriers. During the Vietnam War, he was almost killed in the 1967 USS Forrestal fire. In October 1967, while on a bombing mission over Hanoi, he was shot down, seriously injured, and captured by the North Vietnamese. He was a prisoner of war until 1973. McCain experienced episodes of torture, and refused an out-of-sequence early repatriation offer. His war wounds left him with lifelong physical limitations.

He retired from the Navy as a captain in 1981 and moved to Arizona, where he entered politics.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963662 Aug 13, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I can type quotes and attach any name to it.
Where's your proof, idiot?
If course you can, you dishonest piece of sht. But you can't google a quote can you, emoron?
shrimp_on_a_trea dmill

Blanchard, OK

#963663 Aug 13, 2013
Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are not qualified to tell ME about the employment situation in Scandinavia, as it happens. YOU ARE qualified to tell ME about how long a urinal cake lasts in a mens' room in constant use. Tonto was at the Finnish Embassy for Tango lessons not three months ago and I must say the Ambassador was a lovely handful and was kept gainfully employed.
you don't have the class to be invited to an Embassy.
You COULD wash an African ball sack...I'd believe that!
shrimp_on_a_trea dmill

Blanchard, OK

#963664 Aug 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you and tonto get into nut sack cleaning character....
shrimp_on_a_trea dmill

Blanchard, OK

#963665 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"The first is strict government control of the media, with the media typically being used as a propaganda organ."
like paying journalists to push your agenda?
there's proof Bush did it. is there proof Obama has done the same?
Bush is oolldd news...

Tell us about all the gay sex Obama had with that limo driver...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#963666 Aug 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The Magic Negro's embarrassments are growing almost daily. THIS is the reason so many extreme measures have been put into place to cover up his Benghazi fiasco: http://tinyurl.com/ldl9wfp
National Affirmative Action has turned deadly against us, folks.
Don't fly. Take a bus instead. Thank the Magic Negro.
Great isn't it? I don't, for one minute, think that he didn't give those missiles to the 'rebels' on purpose. I think that was the plan all along. The Arab Spring turned into Kill Americans. Any idiot...except O'bama and Hillary, should know by now "Never trust the muzzies".
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963667 Aug 13, 2013
shrimp_on_a_treadmill wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush is oolldd news...
Tell us about all the gay sex Obama had with that limo driver...
Sinclair flunked a polygraph.

twice.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#963668 Aug 13, 2013
TheIndependentMajrity wrote:
<quoted text>
Point being, McCain went through the same damn scrutiny...just without the WHINING and race baiting.
Of course it may be that he was a little easier to "vet" given that his grandfather, his father, as well as himself, all served in the US military (rather than in militaries of other nations).
"WahWahWah....they're just being racist".
John Sidney McCain III (born August 29, 1936) is the senior United States Senator from Arizona. He was the Republican presidential nominee in the 2008 United States election.
McCain followed his father and grandfather, both four-star admirals, into the United States Navy, graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1958. He became a naval aviator, flying ground-attack aircraft from aircraft carriers. During the Vietnam War, he was almost killed in the 1967 USS Forrestal fire. In October 1967, while on a bombing mission over Hanoi, he was shot down, seriously injured, and captured by the North Vietnamese. He was a prisoner of war until 1973. McCain experienced episodes of torture, and refused an out-of-sequence early repatriation offer. His war wounds left him with lifelong physical limitations.
He retired from the Navy as a captain in 1981 and moved to Arizona, where he entered politics.
Exactly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min blurred lines 103,660
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Buster Chopin 225,559
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,530
News LOL! Chicago Tribune tells its readers to vote ... 50 min former democrat 1
News Why Is Wicker Park's 'Notorious' 6 Corners Stil... 55 min former democrat 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,095
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 3,211

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages