Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432844 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#963626 Aug 13, 2013
I was at Safeway the other day, and I saw a bumper sticker on a parked car that read,
"I miss Chicago ."

So, I broke the side window, stole the radio, shot out two of the tires, added an Obama bumper sticker, and left a note that read, "I hope this helps!"
Harry Reid

Las Vegas, NV

#963627 Aug 13, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
He too, went through the verifying process.
Race baiting is for entitleMentalcase loserTics.
There is no verification process.

We make the rules.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#963628 Aug 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. It was obvious a cigar store wooden indian would have won agains Carter.
Why don't you call me Kimosabe?
Why doesn't he just call you shorty like Svet does?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#963629 Aug 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Son didn’t the CBO project Obamacare to Cost 900 billion now the latest estimate is 2.7 Trillion back in 1965 CBO projected Medicare to cost 12 billion today cost well over 110 billion not such a good track record on getting it Right!!
The CBO estimated that if Obamacare was repealrg than it would cost 2.7 Trillion dollars in losses . Are you republicans who oppose Obamacare deliberately tying to bankrupt America ?
Black Wino

Palm Desert, CA

#963630 Aug 13, 2013
wondering wrote:
when obama was in chicago politics...didnt he vote for the stand your ground law?
Hmmmmmm..... don't know bout dat... Obama did drop down on all four tho... as he took it in " Da Behinds "....
Harry Reid

Las Vegas, NV

#963631 Aug 13, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>I won't rest until all food is free. Just like in the Hunger Games. The government will hand it out and being self sustaining or enterprising will be illegal. And like with ObamaCare of course those in the Capital District will be exempt from such rules.
Now you get the picture. Democrats rule.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#963632 Aug 13, 2013
Harry Reid wrote:
<quoted text>
Houc pokus, magic is wonderful.
Dumb Dave worships deceit & corruption. It hates responsibility.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#963633 Aug 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> The CBO estimated that if Obamacare was repealrg than it would cost 2.7 Trillion dollars in losses . Are you republicans who oppose Obamacare deliberately tying to bankrupt America ?
How about a cup of coffee Johnny?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#963634 Aug 13, 2013
While the administration has handed out waiver after waiver and exemption after exemption for the well-connected in Washington, they have done nothing to lower health care costs for families in Michigan," said Dave Camp, chairman of the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee.

Camp said the Office of Personnel Management ruling is the "latest proof" of impending failure for the reforms and pledged that Republicans would keep trying to repeal them.

...part of the "grand design" to end up with a single payer system - total government control of health care - according to Harry Reid in a PBS interview recently.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Harry Reid

Las Vegas, NV

#963635 Aug 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> The CBO estimated that if Obamacare was repealrg than it would cost 2.7 Trillion dollars in losses . Are you republicans who oppose Obamacare deliberately tying to bankrupt America ?
$27 trillion sounds better, as long as we're playing politics.

Democrats need more useful idiots like you.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#963636 Aug 13, 2013
Harry Reid wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you get the picture. Democrats rule.
The only picture here is that you are a moron.

Any other questions Cumquat?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#963637 Aug 13, 2013
"The harsh fact of the matter is when you're going to pass legislation that will cover 300 million American people in different ways, it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people."
~Congressman John Dingell (D)

..."control the people"..."control the people"..."control the people"...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963638 Aug 13, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone knows you can get gloves for your ball washing at almost every major retailer. There is your source:)
are the gloves Bush endorsed?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963639 Aug 13, 2013
McConnell: Government Shutdown ‘Won’t Stop Obamacare’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/m...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963640 Aug 13, 2013
Rubio: Obama Could Legalize Immigrants By Executive Order If Reform Fails

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...

don't even act like Bush never signed an executive order.

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#963641 Aug 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
How many insurance companies and rightwing run companies are taking advantage of the public's ignorance about healthcare reform to hike fees and pass along crappier health plans to employees and then of course blame healthcare reform?
Anyone have an answer for me?
Nearly all States require insurance companies to have their rates approved based upon claim history, expenses, etc...... ;
How can they use a legislation which hasn't been fully implemented to justify a rate hike? Your conclusion doesn't make sense
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#963642 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think pays for their Cadillac coverage?
Don't ever call anyone stupid again.
Just two days ago, it was headline news that members of Congress and their staffs won’t face potentially massive hikes in their health care premiums next year as many had feared because of a clause in President Obama’s health care overhaul.
Pelosi had said members of Congress and their staffs must enroll in the exchanges as required by the law.
Guess the law only applies to us peons and not the elite.
Like cake?
Once again, you're a total moron.
If you have coverage, you are not impacted in the least...except for the refund you'll get if your insurance company spends loads of money on things like salaries and advertising and not patient care.
IDIOT! LIAR!
Progressive hero

Pico Rivera, CA

#963643 Aug 13, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is a urinal cake?
Only an idiot lowlife would know what that is.
Do you eat them often, Obama scum?
How dare you!
You keep posting crap like this and you could be arrested for treason. Don't ever ever as long as you live post crap like this about our leader. Our leader has a god given gift not seen by low life racist republicans. I pray to this man daily. I'm not gay but if He ask me I would fellate him promply. This is our leader for life you maggot

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#963644 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rubio: Obama Could Legalize Immigrants By Executive Order If Reform Fails
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
don't even act like Bush never signed an executive order.
Do you think its simply an oversight that 2 Cuban American Congressman, Rubio & Ted Cruz, never mention the fact that under the Cuban Adjustment Act, if you're Cuban, you can pay a smuggler to carry you across the Florida Straits and if you make it to US shores, you get to stay....keeping in mind that 1/4 of all Medicare fraud nationwide is committed in S. Florida and 90% of involves nearly arrived Cubans?
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#963645 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
"The harsh fact of the matter is when you're going to pass legislation that will cover 300 million American people in different ways, it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people."
~Congressman John Dingell (D)
..."control the people"..."control the people"..."control the people"...
YOU are so friggin stupid.
The Affordable Care Act doesn't even cover 300 million people.
Jesus, how do manage to get out of bed in the morning you are so stupid and gullible?
YOU aren't even imapcted by the law, nor is anyone that has insurance through their employer, which is most Americans.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Leeward Outlier 225,381
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 2,072
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr PEllen 6,753
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 3,193
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr PEllen 9,542
News 15-year-old Chicago boya s burned body found in... 4 hr Well Well 4
News Murderous Chicago 5 hr wow 7
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr Retired SOF 1,706

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages