Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497829 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Harry Reid

Las Vegas, NV

#963697 Aug 13, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think its simply an oversight that 2 Cuban American Congressman, Rubio & Ted Cruz, never mention the fact that under the Cuban Adjustment Act, if you're Cuban, you can pay a smuggler to carry you across the Florida Straits and if you make it to US shores, you get to stay....keeping in mind that 1/4 of all Medicare fraud nationwide is committed in S. Florida and 90% of involves nearly arrived Cubans?
Yes. Why should this Cuban scum receive any special treatment just because they are political refugees from a brutal Communist dictatorship?
Harry Reid

Las Vegas, NV

#963698 Aug 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are so friggin stupid.
The Affordable Care Act doesn't even cover 300 million people.
Jesus, how do manage to get out of bed in the morning you are so stupid and gullible?
YOU aren't even imapcted by the law, nor is anyone that has insurance through their employer, which is most Americans.
No, the ACA affects every single person living in America.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#963699 Aug 13, 2013
Harry Reid wrote:
<quoted text>
The government-run single payer system will be a profit bonanza for our friends in the insurance industry. They will get all the administrative business because the govehnment can't handle it. So the insurance companies get all the profit and the government takes all the risk.
So, basically, lowering the costs of health care will not have changed and we will have higher costs and crappier health care?
Harry Reid

Las Vegas, NV

#963700 Aug 13, 2013
TheIndependentMajrity wrote:
<quoted text>
Point being, McCain went through the same damn scrutiny...just without the WHINING and race baiting.
Of course it may be that he was a little easier to "vet" given that his grandfather, his father, as well as himself, all served in the US military (rather than in militaries of other nations).
"WahWahWah....they're just being racist".
John Sidney McCain III (born August 29, 1936) is the senior United States Senator from Arizona. He was the Republican presidential nominee in the 2008 United States election.
McCain followed his father and grandfather, both four-star admirals, into the United States Navy, graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1958. He became a naval aviator, flying ground-attack aircraft from aircraft carriers. During the Vietnam War, he was almost killed in the 1967 USS Forrestal fire. In October 1967, while on a bombing mission over Hanoi, he was shot down, seriously injured, and captured by the North Vietnamese. He was a prisoner of war until 1973. McCain experienced episodes of torture, and refused an out-of-sequence early repatriation offer. His war wounds left him with lifelong physical limitations.
He retired from the Navy as a captain in 1981 and moved to Arizona, where he entered politics.
Presidential eligibility, if ever challenged, can only be settled by the courts interpreting the Constitution. Congress has no authority to make this decision.

Of course, President Barack Hussein Obama need not follow any rules.

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#963701 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Dave Camp, chairman of the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee was absolutely right.
This administration hands out waivers left and right to the elitists but the peons are having to get by on part-time jobs, small businesses are being run out of business and the burden of this monstrosity falls on the rest of us.
It is truly what Harry Reid said it is. The first step to a single payer system and total government control.
Chaos must ensue first. The only way peons see government as their savior.
When is Dave Camp going to vote to give up the benefits that he receives for being a Representative? Obamacare isn't perfect. Single payer would be better. Congress and the president should have the same health care as all United States citizens. Small business will benefit from Obamacare.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963702 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you asleep during Bush's eight years, Rip Van Winkle?
The media didn't let up on Bush for one minute every single minute of those eight years. If they couldn't find fault, they made it up. One of their top anchors was fired for doing so.
What do we hear now from the media in spite of numerous accusations of justified suspicions of abuses of power? Crickets.
The media is in this administration's back pocket. The liberal media was Obama's campaign headquarters. They all but bowed down to him. They haven't questioned or investigated one single suspicion of wrongdoing in spite of all the evidence to the contrary and the majority believing there was, indeed, a coverup.
You have got to be kidding me if you think Bush controlled the media compared to this president.
This administration uses the media to promote their agenda and to shine a good light on them and to keep people like you in line, in the dark and under control. The same thing all dictators do, past and present.
You simply choose to join the ranks of the willing on the wrong side of history. That's all this is.
you wingnuts talk all the time about how the democrats are as much to blame as anyone for the Bush failure in Iraq. maybe you've forgotten what the liberal media did....

The New York Times and "Liberal Media" Helped Sell the Iraq War

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php...

then we have Bush using taxpayer money to pay journalists.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars were paid to at least three commentators to promote Bush administration policies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_administrat...

meetings in the WH with right wing talking heads.

On an overcast Friday morning last month, White House aides ushered an influential group of conservative radio hosts into the Oval Office for a private audience with the president.

For an hour and a half, Mr. Bush discussed his case for the war in Iraq, his immigration proposals and even the personality of his Scottish terrier Barney, who scratched on the door during the session until the president relented and let him into the office, according to several hosts who attended.

The meeting, which was not announced on the presidentÂ’s public schedule, was part of an intensive Republican Party campaign to reclaim and re-energize a crucial army of supporters that is not as likely to walk in lockstep with the White House as it has in the past.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/us/politics... ;

'lockstep' seems apt, don't you think?

and if you want investigative reporting the MSM needs to be fed more than half baked conspiracy theories from a half baked wannabe 'News' network and it's followers in Congress.

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963704 Aug 13, 2013
Harry Reid wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidential eligibility, if ever challenged, can only be settled by the courts interpreting the Constitution. Congress has no authority to make this decision.
Of course, President Barack Hussein Obama need not follow any rules.
You Sir are a GREAT American!!

Have you ever considered throwing your hat in the ring for POTUS in 2016? May I suggest you join forces with our fine New York Mayoral candidate that posts here, Anthony Weiner? I honestly dont see how a "Harry Weiner 2016" ticket could be stopped (although the sight of Hillary would instantly cause it to sag & droop)....

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963705 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you wingnuts talk all the time about how the democrats are as much to blame as anyone for the Bush failure in Iraq. maybe you've forgotten what the liberal media did....
The New York Times and "Liberal Media" Helped Sell the Iraq War
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php...
then we have Bush using taxpayer money to pay journalists.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars were paid to at least three commentators to promote Bush administration policies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_administrat...
meetings in the WH with right wing talking heads.
On an overcast Friday morning last month, White House aides ushered an influential group of conservative radio hosts into the Oval Office for a private audience with the president.
For an hour and a half, Mr. Bush discussed his case for the war in Iraq, his immigration proposals and even the personality of his Scottish terrier Barney, who scratched on the door during the session until the president relented and let him into the office, according to several hosts who attended.
The meeting, which was not announced on the presidentÂ’s public schedule, was part of an intensive Republican Party campaign to reclaim and re-energize a crucial army of supporters that is not as likely to walk in lockstep with the White House as it has in the past.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/us/politics... ;
'lockstep' seems apt, don't you think?
and if you want investigative reporting the MSM needs to be fed more than half baked conspiracy theories from a half baked wannabe 'News' network and it's followers in Congress.
Isnt it fire water time up there in Indiana, injun joe? After all, its past 6:00 AM.....

Judged:

12

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Harry Reid

Las Vegas, NV

#963706 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically, lowering the costs of health care will not have changed and we will have higher costs and crappier health care?
The insurance industry has nothing to do with the quality of healthcare. They just process the paperwork for the people who pay the premiums, largely the employers.

Anybody with a brain knows that the ACA will increase the total spending on medical care. The only question is who will pay the bills. Our plan is designed to shift the bills to Republicans, but any non-union Democrats who work for a living may be collateral damage.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#963707 Aug 13, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's that moron, Grey Ghost, mooching off someone else in a new location. It's that or the scumbag found a proxy/VPN service that has a host on the island (there is one). Ghost hates posting from his last home he mooches off of in Bumpass. The Dong, is Ghost.
He will blow it eventually, like he did when he posted as Wilhelm from Germany, then turned of his proxy and posted as Wilhelm.
He's on old dumbfk libtard mooch. Typical Democrat that posts here.
lol! Unlike you, he's still American son!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963708 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
pretty funny.
Barack Obama accused by two men of inappropriate behavior
http://thekansascitian.blogspot.com/2011/11/b...
here are the the links on the page.
Herman Cain accused by two women of inappropriate behavior
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/671...
A third former employee says she considered filing a workplace complaint over what she considered aggressive and unwanted behavior by Herman Cain when she worked for the presidential candidate in the 1990s. She says the behavior included a private invitation to his corporate apartment.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/674...
i can only hope you were in on the joke.
It's a pretty common perception that baruck putts from the rough. After all, moochelle DOES look shemalish....

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#963709 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
one is a story.
one is not.
Yeah, yeah, yeah...can I have some ketchup to go with my shoe.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#963710 Aug 13, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The only picture here is that you are a moron.
Any other questions Cumquat?
... lol! But still American son.

Unlike you.... a moron AND unAmerican!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963711 Aug 13, 2013
FlyHawaiian wrote:
Why
Lay off them vittles, son. Do you know our favorite chinaman "yeah"? He's a chub-a-lub too....

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#963712 Aug 13, 2013
Harry Reid wrote:
<quoted text>
We Democrats passed the ACA for our voters and future little brown voters, not for the enemy. Get real.
Yes, you did, Harry. And did a great job convincing the easily duped. To them you are "da' man"!

Even so, have to say I'm worried about you, Harry. You seem to be playing without a full deck. Anyone ever told you that before?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#963713 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
A totalitarian regime is a government that controls every aspect of the life of the people. People living under this type of regime generally also support it, sometimes almost cultishly, thanks to extensive propaganda missions that are designed to promote a positive view of the government.
Several characteristics can be seen in all totalitarian regimes. The first is strict government control of the media, with the media typically being used as a propaganda organ.
...get rid of Fox once and for all and then check this off the list...next Obamacare and single payer..."control the people"...the cultish left will see to it they succeed if the rest of us don't exercise the power we still have over them at the polls.
you mean like right wing crazies?

I agree!
Harry Reid

Las Vegas, NV

#963714 Aug 13, 2013
Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
When is Dave Camp going to vote to give up the benefits that he receives for being a Representative? Obamacare isn't perfect. Single payer would be better. Congress and the president should have the same health care as all United States citizens. Small business will benefit from Obamacare.
Congress and our staffers are supposed to be covered by the ACA. But that would increase our premiums tremendously, and we only earn $175K. So our good friend Barack exempted us by Executive Order.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#963715 Aug 13, 2013
shrimp_on_a_treadmill wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush is oolldd news...
Tell us about all the gay sex Obama had with that limo driver...
lol! bushie boy and his killings are historical news son.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#963716 Aug 13, 2013
Best moment ever on this forum:

The day George Zimmerman was acquitted, sending nutculur option into gay prison retirement....

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#963717 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you asleep during Bush's eight years, Rip Van Winkle?
The media didn't let up on Bush for one minute every single minute of those eight years. If they couldn't find fault, they made it up. One of their top anchors was fired for doing so.
What do we hear now from the media in spite of numerous accusations of justified suspicions of abuses of power? Crickets.
The media is in this administration's back pocket. The liberal media was Obama's campaign headquarters. They all but bowed down to him. They haven't questioned or investigated one single suspicion of wrongdoing in spite of all the evidence to the contrary and the majority believing there was, indeed, a coverup.
You have got to be kidding me if you think Bush controlled the media compared to this president.
This administration uses the media to promote their agenda and to shine a good light on them and to keep people like you in line, in the dark and under control. The same thing all dictators do, past and present.
You simply choose to join the ranks of the willing on the wrong side of history. That's all this is.
Wow....

The media must have been asleep....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Justice Dale 237,664
last post wins! (Dec '10) 29 min They cannot kill ... 3,020
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min Ize Found 71,393
News Chicago homicides soar, with seven fatalities W... 1 hr USS LIBERTY 7
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr Pence is PUTZ 2,484
President 666 Has Arrived 1 hr putz pence 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,386

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages