Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1346063 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#963234 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
are we back on that Bush initiative?
is that guy ever going away? taxes, NSA spying, ball washing....i think we've all had enough of George W. Bush.
You libs will never have enough of GW Bush.
Barack Hussein O'bama making President GW Bush look like the most competent President in recent history.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963235 Aug 13, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. And I hate when people scream at me that those were the good old days compared to the Obama years, and then they ask how many years before Obama stops making speeches about nothing or about carbon and really does something to help the middle class.
does something to help the middle class?

i though i just indicated i was tired of talking about Bush.

Prevented this

#963236 Aug 13, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You keep trying to put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything you so erroneously posted. I said ," all of his documents are under 1 name, Barack Hussein Obama II. You're the one making the claims, be a man & back up your claims! You're playing the prosecutor in this 50yr old " conspiracy." The burden of proof is all yours. I know, you have no proof! You're a Doberman Pinscher chasing a tail that does not exist.
If Barry was adopted when did the name change back happen? no one can even find the adoption record. He was given the name O'bama when? Every rumor about O'bama has ended up being the truth.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#963237 Aug 13, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you Obamabot Democrat race baiters blame every white person and claim it's racial...
No double standards here folks!
Oh COME ON! Next you'll claim the media doesn't report or underreports black on white crime because it isn't news and doesn't fit the liberal agenda or keeping racism alive.

Just because if George Zimmerman had been black and Trayvon Martin had been Hispanic, most black Americans would have been indifferent to the case or would have supported Zimmerman.

So what if this is one of the great ironies of the liberal obsession with racism.

While we can turn practically anything into evidence of Republican racism, the most grotesque examples of racism from minorities are just shrugged off.

Thank GOD and who cares about the truth when the agenda is most important!
Anthony W

New York, NY

#963238 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Where the GOP Went Wrong in 2012
Obama’s feuds with a Republican-dominated House after the midterms may not have done much for his political fortunes, but they were even worse for the reputation of a party that was still tarred with the many failures of the previous administration. The GOP was trying to beat a sitting president on the heels of the worst Republican administration in decades, so it would have been truly extraordinary if they had won the election.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
And where would we Democrats be without the liberal media in our pockets? Thank God they've steered the news against those evil, greedy Republicans who are not as way cool as Obama. They're a bunch of pocket protector wearing nerds!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#963239 Aug 13, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>You give George Bush too much credit for collapsing the housing market. Everyone knows we Democrats did that and proudly. We wanted everyone to get credit and called the banks racist when they held minorities to the same standards as non-minorities when applying for a mortgage.
And STOP thinking that George Bush could have planned anything! You make it sound like he had some kind of plan that would have kept the unemployment rate as low as when he was President. And that today's recovery is happening in spite of Obama and at a record low speed that is worse than the Great Depression.
What really matters is FEELINGS.
Like, it doesn't matter what Bush actually did in New Orleans or that the local government failed the people of the city; it matters how people FEEL about it.
It doesn't matter that Democrats have run Detroit since 1962; it matters that people FEEL Republicans are responsible.
It doesn't matter that Trayvon Martin wasn't really a twelve year old kid and that he was slamming George Zimmerman's head into the pavement; it matters that Zimmerman's acquittal FEELS symbolic of law-abiding black Americans being profiled because so many other black Americans are criminals.
Once an accusation of racism is made, facts are treated as if they're of secondary importance to FEELINGS.
And we speak, I and my fellow Democrat candidates for Mayor of the greatest city in the world, are making speeches about taxing the wealthy people right out of this city, because of FEELINGS. It doesn't matter that they pay most of the bills here and New York will become another Detroit.
Your first paragraph is not correct. Did you make a mistake or are you lying. The banks were proven in court to be giving mortgages to whites while denying them to blacks when both had equivalent finances.

Prevented this

#963240 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama’s feuds with a Republican-dominated House after the midterms may not have done much for his political fortunes, but they were even worse for the reputation of a party that was still tarred with the many failures of the previous administration. The GOP was trying to beat a sitting president on the heels of the worst Republican administration in decades, so it would have been truly extraordinary if they had won the election.
There's probably enough votes in the House to impeach O'bama--I wish they would get on with it. The United States of America can not take 3 more years of this communism.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#963241 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
same as this.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/102860164/columbia-...
page #7.
ROTFLMAO! SonicSpammer propaganda post # 1!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963242 Aug 13, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You libs will never have enough of GW Bush.
Barack Hussein O'bama making President GW Bush look like the most competent President in recent history.
what the right wing media would like us all to believe about the guy they voted for will not be of much interest for those who publish history textbooks.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963243 Aug 13, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>If Barry was adopted when did the name change back happen? no one can even find the adoption record. He was given the name O'bama when? Every rumor about O'bama has ended up being the truth.
speculation always leads to the right wing 'truth'.

why is that?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#963244 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
ROTFLMAO! SonicSpammer propaganda post # 2!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#963245 Aug 13, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious. Another shinning example why reasonable, thoughtful, practical voters do not support the Grand Old Party. And Mr. Ignorant . Communism and Marxism are not the same...you can't be both at the same time ... So how did Obama, Sr. obtain a degree from the Univ of Hawaii is 1962 if he wasn't residing on the Island? On line classes? LOL
Axe an O'kennedy.

Ever heard of correspondence courses? Your velveteenage poster idol admittedly in his own book, supposedly partook of some.

Seems like he own book also might've stated stated Sr. first supposedly met the "parents" in Kansas-NOT Hawaii.

Stoopid ozombieTics...just swallow the purple drank and cawrl it awrl duh same.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#963246 Aug 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first paragraph is not correct. Did you make a mistake or are you lying. The banks were proven in court to be giving mortgages to whites while denying them to blacks when both had equivalent finances.
You are such a bullshitter. You blab out garbage and never back it up.

"Causes of the United States housing bubble"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_Un...

Prevented this

#963247 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
does something to help the middle class?
i though i just indicated i was tired of talking about Bush.
No No. Keep talking about GW Bush. Keep telling us what O'bama has said and done or has not done.
Barack Hussein O'bama: Making President GW Bush look like the most brilliant President in recent History.

This is Obama struggling to remember the name of the wife of the vice president.

OBAMA: Keeping our military strong means keepin' our families strong. Michelle and vice ... president... uh... uh... eh... The, uh... Joe Biden's wife, Dr. Jill Biden, they've made this their mission.

Sonic, O'bama's brain has been damaged by drugs. He is suffering from Alzheimers. O'bama is unfit to govern.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#963248 Aug 13, 2013
Rep. Peter King says he's "serious" about exploring a possible 2016 presidential bid after the New York Republican visited New Hampshire last week.

“This is not a game I’m playing," King told The Hill. "I’m serious."

The 11-term lawmaker added that he likely won't make a decision on a bid for the White House until early 2015.

http://news.yahoo.com/peter-king-serious-runn...

11 terms? Please stop, resign now, and do not run for President.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963249 Aug 13, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>And where would we Democrats be without the liberal media in our pockets? Thank God they've steered the news against those evil, greedy Republicans who are not as way cool as Obama. They're a bunch of pocket protector wearing nerds!
so you're saying FOX couldn't get the job done?

i guess you guys need more than 1 GOP channel.

so why is it that there's only one wingnut channel? it's not like this is Canada where you can't lie on air. you'd think we'd have a few more right wing lying channels. just think of all the reinforcement of your lies that could be taking place.

the lying possibilities would be endless.
Anonymous

Interlochen, MI

#963250 Aug 13, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the name on the supposed diploma Obama supposedly received from Columbia?
"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
This is funny. I figure you must spend at least an hour a day chasing your tail.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#963251 Aug 13, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>Be still my beating heart (or is that another part that is throbbing when I read your posts? wink wink).
Thank God we libs can play that race card when we need to even though when America was a racist country, we Democrats were primarily the ones engaged in racism. However, now that racism has been largely relegated to the fringes of American society (the KKK, the New Black Panthers, the Nation of Islam, La Raza, MEChA, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, American Nazi Party, etc.), we Democrats constantly wag our fingers about it. Of course naturally, given the racist history of the Democrat Party, we liberals had to rig the rules in order to benefit ourselves and hurt our political opponents. That's a pretty neat albeit despicable trick that they've managed to pull off.
I mean P Du, Comparing the United States of 2013, when we have a black President of the United States to when Reagan was President or to a time when black Americans couldn't drink from the same water fountains as whites is so ridiculous that to do so should practically be considered a sign of mental illness. Yet, it happens all the time and it's not immediately met with laughter and eye rolls.(It should be, but hell if we can get away with it and the dupes by it, why not?).
The reason that it happens is because it benefits us liberals politically to pretend that racism is still everywhere.
After all, what else does the Democrat Party have to offer minorities in America other than:
protection from mostly non-existent racism?
Crime-ridden neighborhoods?
Joblessness?
Poverty?
Fighting mostly non-existent racism the Democrat Party can handle just fine, but actually helping people improve their lives is apparently way too tough for us to manage.
Instead, victomhood, blame and crying racism, keeps them voting for us.
if you're going to be dumb enoughto trace the Democratic Party back to the 60's,then have the decencyto understand your pointing the finger in the mirror! All one has to do is look at the political landscape. Majority of the south were democrats &, racist. Nowadays, majority of the south is republican. So are you saying that the racist from the south, all of the &, moved up north or, are you saying that they just swapped party lines? Which one makes more sense to you, republican?

Prevented this

#963252 Aug 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what the right wing media would like us all to believe about the guy they voted for will not be of much interest for those who publish history textbooks.
Are liberals in charge of that also? of course...liberal history on 9-11, in text books, now states: the moslems that bombed the Twin Towers were 'just' Freedom fighters. 9-11 was just a like a car crash in a major intersection. Nothing to see-move along states the liberal history.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#963253 Aug 13, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>There's probably enough votes in the House to impeach O'bama--I wish they would get on with it. The United States of America can not take 3 more years of this communism.
so just like Clinton?

the House votes and the Senate smacks it down.

yes, the House voting on something that will go nowhere, again, will really impress the American people. sure has so far. the House is polling like they're Bush the day before he left office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Schlafly unloads on Rubio. Is she correct? 32 min They cannot kill ... 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Dr Guru 207,430
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Scotty 57,176
News Rescue Groups Search for Cat in 'Disturbing' Bo... 2 hr Carl 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 7,277
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 594
Gangs of migrants assault female swimmers & mas... 4 hr Bacon Rules 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages