Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,206)

Showing posts 884,101 - 884,120 of1,034,157
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill O funny.
US may need to speed withdrawal from Afghanistan and Islamic countries.
Not worth the bones of one US soldier.
trolls active today ;-)
trolls with no new material.

active may be an overstatement.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. President Obama did not have the senate. Al Franken was not seated until July of 2009 because his election results was challenged. Sen. Ted Kennedy died in August of 2009. These two events denied President Obama the filibuster proof majority.
The leadership of the original Al Qaeda group headed by Osama Bin Laden has been decimated. Al Qaeda has since branched off into several smaller groups.
How's that for keeping up.
Love the way you change the rules so not a majority means "super majority".

I said majority, not super majority. I just love the way you weasels spin like crazy. It's impossible to have an honest discussion with you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

speaking of no new material...

GOP Rep: I’d Back Birther Bill, Even Though It’s A Distraction

Moments later, when Yoho asked if such an investigation is "really how we should be spending our time," the crowd responded with an emphatic "no."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...

no, you should be spending time on trying to pass legislation that will never pass even though you know it will never pass.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Did anyone else know there were a significant number of hard-core terrorists who escaped from several prisons in several Middle Eastern countries recently?

I just found out about it myself yesterday.

Obama must have been too busy talking about a local news story his liberal media created to keep us racially divided.

Also, how did some of you hear about the massive closing of embassies around the world?

Did I miss the president's press briefing about this too?

Guess the most important story was him calling a gay athlete to congratulate him for coming out of the closet.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress refused to fund the closing ofGITMO. This is a fact.
The Dec of 2008 Romer Report ( the document you right whiners are evidently too GD stupid to comprehend) said that the stimulus would reduce the peak u employment by 1-2 percent. Some economists predicted a peak of 9% which would make the stimulus keep it under 8%. That report clearly stated that other estimates were out there.
The problem with you is that you are too GD stupid to understand the concepts in that report.
As for Al Qaeda leadership, one senior leadership left. 15 killed under Obama.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/05/opinion/bergen-...
Aren't you getting tired of me proving you wrong all the time???
Sure thing, Jethro!

Bottom line, you were/are wrong on all counts:

- Obama had a Democrat House & Senate his first two years, idiot.
- Obama's fraud - his minions (based on his promise) said unemployment would not exceed 8%, try to keep up
- Obamacare is a fraud, try to keep up - everyone but you admits it will cost much more than the fraud Obama said.
- Al Qaeda leadership has NOT been decimated. When you get back to Earth, check the news about embassies being closed on an unprecedented scale. Try to keep up.
- NSA is sharing information and exceeding the limits of what it should be doing. Ask the Associated Press & DEA. Try to keep up.

You are a liar and an idiot, 2008Bill.

Obama promised to close GITMO - bottom line - never happened, regardless of who "YOU" blame libtard

Obama is a fraud.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you're in denial the Democrats had a little something to do with the housing collapse and the financial meltdown - especially since the spending increased the most during the last two years before the meltdown when they controlled Congress.
You also forgot to mention the debt has tripled and will quadruple under this administration. Before it's all over but the cryin'.
The debt has not tripled. You people are dumber than sh*t.

The Debt when Obama took office was around 10.5 trillion.

The financial meltdown was announced in August of 2008. The Democrats had controlled Congress for 18 months, not two years. What policy did they change to create this?

The Recession started in 4th quarter of 2007. Please list the legislation the Democrats passed in the first 9 months of 2007 that created this recession. How much debt is directly attributabe to the Bush recession?

The housing collapse started in 2006.

Carol, you keep worshiping George Bush, Eric Cantor,John Boehner, Mitch McConnell & Paul Ryan. They took us from the balance budget you fricken idiots vlim to love to economic disaster. ON PURPOSE. They voted to take us off that path.
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the tea party culture.
Son, or should I call you the more formal Sonic? Let me just say that I deplore the Tea Party culture and all it stands for.

They’re a bunch of activists who are mostly salt-of-the-earth, hardworking Americans who, previous to their activism in 2009, had never marched with placards or attended rallies or town halls.

It's awful how their rallying cry was and is the rule of law and getting government off their backs. The tea-party movement is and was organized around clear and abiding political principles – the very principles that formed the basis for America’s unique experiment in self-governance. They include constitutionally limited government, human rights that descend from our Creator rather than privileges bestowed by government and, more generally, a commitment to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Now Son, you and I are more the renegade Occupy Wall Street types. Am I right? Or am I right? We have more in common with jobless (unless I'm elected Mayor of course), directionless riff-raff who don’t think government can ever be big enough if their every need is not being addressed.”

The occupiers apparently have no interest in self-governance and like Obama and most Democrats seek to extend government control in the interest of forcible redistribution of wealth at the expense of individual liberty.

Yep, like our President, they are not interested or concerned with the strict limits the Constitution places on the federal government. Rather, we prefer a central government without any restrictions on its power. Human rights to us occupier types are really privileges from government that can be bargained for with loud voices and votes. Of course, privileges can be taken away by governments that grant them.

Now, the left leaning media loved us and promoted our agenda over the tea-party focus. For two years the media tried to vilify the Tea Party because they saw a remarkable and inexplicable phenomenon – normal, hardworking, flag-waving Americans who had never before in their lives marched in a demonstration or carried placards in a rally mobilizing in the streets behind the idea of returning to the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, the glue that held the republic together for 230-plus years.

Nope, the biased in our favor media preferred the “change agents” who they had championed during the 1960s and 1970s and right through the beginning of the 21st century and who reappeared in their typical anti-American form as “occupiers.” You know, like you and I who occupy this topix page.

After the tea-party activists rallied on the Capitol Mall in Washington in record numbers, they left the ellipse cleaner and tidier than they found it. The occupiers on the other hand, left feces and litter and a crime wave behind. Oh man, the media would have so preferred it had been the other way around.

But that damn Tea Party culture was full of decent people who were respectfully protesting and not raping, stealing and ruining where ever they were like the Occupiers.

I’ll bet you were as disappointed as I was. If I become Mayor, I’m letting the Occupiers back into any city park they want, because that will help lower my homeless shelter budget and give the police something to do instead of stopping & frisking the usual hoodie wearing thugs with guns.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

"You get the feeling absolutely nothing Obama says is the truth?"

http://floppingaces.net/2013/08/02/you-get-th...

Since: Aug 13

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Waxman..
Unemployment is at 7.3% and would be a percentage point lower if the republican in the house stop obstructing, trying to repeal Obamacare and pass the jobs bill that the president gave them.

Obamacare hasn't been fully implemented and it's already cut health insurance costs in New York and Calif. People are getting money back from health insurance providers. Even republican governor Jan Brewer, hardly a fan President Obama, s on board and is implementing the program.

The NSA is doing it's job. Keeping us safe.

Keep up now.
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
Did anyone else know there were a significant number of hard-core terrorists who escaped from several prisons in several Middle Eastern countries recently?
I just found out about it myself yesterday.
Obama must have been too busy talking about a local news story his liberal media created to keep us racially divided.
Also, how did some of you hear about the massive closing of embassies around the world?
Did I miss the president's press briefing about this too?
Guess the most important story was him calling a gay athlete to congratulate him for coming out of the closet.
Hey! Get off Obama's back lady. He's making speeches about jobs and worried about carbon even while on vacation. Get your priorities straight!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>So what do you think? too big to fail? seems like the O'bama NSA failed in Boston. But we got chatter, lots and lots chatter, more chatter than in the history of the United States, more chatter than before 9-11, which BTW liberals said over and over again no one listened to...but the chatter of O'bama is high, like in dope smoking high. Get under your desk, the terrorists are coming chatter.
We certainly got more chatter from cons!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry Dumb Dave. Obama is making up for it by replacing good paying full time jobs with temporary, part-time jobs so everyone is poor. Bury hey! Everyone will have "free" substandard health care! Hurray!
People will need that Unaffordable Health Care because after Democrats destroy the long-term viability of our economy, people will be living out in the cold after they lose their homes.
Gee Golly Dumb Dave, how is your life as Gomer Pyle?
"The Untold Unemployment Story: A Loss Of 162,000 Full-Time Jobs In June"
"All of the net new jobs created last month were part time jobs. The Labor Department reported,“The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons…increased by 322,000 to 8.2 million in June. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013...
"Banks repossessing more homes as home prices rise
Julie Schmit, USA TODAY 12:03 a.m. EDT June 13, 2013"
Bank repossessions increased in 33 states, with some seeing a big jump, market researcher RealtyTrac reports.
In North Carolina, repossessions were up 60% in May from April. Oregon saw a 57% jump, and Wisconsin and Illinois, a 44% increase, RealtyTrac says.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...
Thanks Democrats!
But you're not America...

... so it doesn't matter.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam is spam and notice when republicans are having unite issues frustration increases.
G Bush survived surgery this morning, Good for him
President Bush is now a Rino.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

The degradation of American society, reducing the culture to its least intelligent elements

In June, first lady Michelle Obama appeared in a hip-hop music video that featured rapper Doug E. Fresh, singer-songwriter Jordin Sparks and TV medical personality Dr. Oz. The catchy song urged kids to "work hard/eat right" and "tell somebody/it's your body/c'mon." The song was just the first of a 19-track album, the majority of which are hip-hop, to be released by the Partnership for a Healthier America, the anti-obesity nonprofit that launched in conjunction with Michelle Obama's Let's Move! anti-obesity campaign, and a New York-based group called Hip Hop Public Health.

The full album, which includes songs with names like "Veggie Luv," by Monifah and J Rome, "Hip Hop LEAN," by Artie Green, and "Give Myself a Try," by Ryan Beatty, will be released on Sept. 30.

Let's Move! Executive Director and White House assistant chef Sam Kass says the White House is fully behind the initiative to use hip-hop – and other genres of music – as a tool to get kids to live healthier lives.

"Cultural leaders and visionaries in our country can give these messages to kids in a way that's not preachy. Kids are going to be dancing and listening to the music," he says. "I think hip-hop in particular – so many kids love hip-hop. It's such a core part of our culture ...and particularly in the African-American community and the Latino community which is being disproportionately affected by those health issues."

African-American children are more than 50 percent more likely to be overweight or obese compared with white children, and Hispanic children are nearly 30 percent more likely, according to a 2008 study published in Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You live under quite a big rock, don't you?
What has Obama said that isn't a fraud, is the question you should be asking.
Hope & Change!
Close Gitmo?
Unemployment stayed under 8%?
We will save money with Obamacare?
Al Queada decimated?
Obama to stop NSA spying?
Any other questions, 2008Bill?
But it's an American rock, son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Right Toyota especially, and people have lost value rapdidly because of the serious quality & safey problems with toyota vehicles.
lol! I've lost value in American vehicles faster son.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lolololololohahahahahaha it falls apart he lies he cheats he is a fake HE LIES hahahahahahahahahlolololololol ololol OBAMA lolololololhahahahahahaha the same script COLIN POWELL SO WHAT A ROMAINIAN WOMAN WANTS HIM WHAT OBAMA YOU THINK YOU THE ONLY ONE WITH SWAGG lololololHAHAHAHAh POWELL HAS SERVED THIS COUNTRY WELL OBAMA YOU CAME FROM NOWHERE
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Ilkwas wrote:
Waxman..
Unemployment is at 7.3% and would be a percentage point lower if the republican in the house stop obstructing, trying to repeal Obamacare and pass the jobs bill that the president gave them.
Obamacare hasn't been fully implemented and it's already cut health insurance costs in New York and Calif. People are getting money back from health insurance providers. Even republican governor Jan Brewer, hardly a fan President Obama, s on board and is implementing the program.
The NSA is doing it's job. Keeping us safe.
Keep up now.
Sure thing, Marx!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Blah, blah, blah...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Majority leaders Pelosi and Reid are beyond pathetic and were the chief cooks in the kitchens of Hell when W left office and determining the spending levels you idiot.
The Hells kitchen chef's Pelosi and Reid cooked-up and produced nothing but poison, since 2007, losing 750,000 jobs per month, the worst recession in 80 years, a Housing Collapse, a near financial meltdown, tripling the debt, two quagmire wars democrats voted for and you evil Democrats are still killing our country, still cooking-up more poison for America when W was and left office, something, an overdose of poison even a sellout obama still can't recover from today you complete idiot...
It's the culture...
lol! Psst! Just an fyi since you're not all that smart...

... Pelosi isn't majority leader. However, with the right wing idiocy going on, that can change in a couple of years!
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

HE CAME TO SAVE US ALL lolololhahahahahahaha In the 21st century, the jobs created by “the world’s largest economy” have been lowly-paid, non-tradable, domestic service third world jobs. Manufacturing and tradable professional service jobs such as software engineering have been moved offshore to low-wage, low-salary locations. The savings in labor costs have enriched corporate executives, Wall Street, and shareholders.
I have made this point monthly for many years, and it has had no effect on economists, policymakers, money managers, or financial markets, all of which continue in their make-believe world of make-believe reality.
Here we go, one more time. Of the 161,000 reported private sector jobs gained in July, 157,000 or 97.5 percent, are in non-tradable domestic services. A non-tradable service is a job that produces services that cannot be exported, such as waitresses, bartenders, hospital orderlies, retail clerks, warehousemen. Thus, no matter how large the number might be, it cannot reduce the huge US trade deficit. Most of these jobs are part-time jobs without health or pension benefits. People in these jobs tend to live hand-to-mouth. These jobs do not produce sufficient income to drive a consumer economy.
Of these 157,000 reported jobs, 63,000 or 40 percent are reported to be in trade, transportation, and utilities. Of these 63,000 jobs, 60,500 of them or 96 percent are in wholesale and retail trade.
Before we go to the next category, ask yourself if you believe that in an economy that has had no recovery, in which there are no new manufacturing or construction jobs, in which the labor force participation rate is down, in which shopping center parking lots are far from full, stores with such a poor sales outlook would hire so many people in July?
Financial activities account for 15,000 of the reported new jobs. The Federal Reserve accounted for 80 percent of these jobs and bill collectors for the rest.
Professional and business services accounted for 36,000 of the new reported jobs. About half of these jobs were temporary help services and services to buildings and dwellings.
Health care and social assistance accounted for 8,300 jobs of which ambulatory health care services comprised 80 percent.
Waitresses and bartenders contributed 38,400 jobs. I have previously noted the anomaly of a population without good employment prospects or rising incomes going out to eat and to drink more and more often, so often that waitresses and bartenders comprise each and every month a significant percentage of the new employees.
In her commissioner’s statement accompanying the jobs report, Erica Groshen acknowledges that 8,200,000 or 6 percent of the currently employed are “involuntary part-time workers” who cannot find full-time employment.
The July 2013 payroll employment level of 136,038,000 stands 2,018,000 below the employment level in January 2008, which was 5 years and 7 months ago. If it requires 130,000 new jobs each month to keep employment equal with population growth, the US economy is behind by 10,728,000 jobs. These missing jobs show up in the declining labor force participation rate and the large number of discouraged workers who are no longer counted as unemployed.
Obviously, there is no economic recovery, despite the reporting of such by the presstitute financial press. Most likely the US economy is sinking further into a depression. The numerous indicators of economic collapse are ignored by economists and financial media busy at work weaving the Matrix to support The Lie.
As former executives of the “banks too big to fail” and their proteges run the US Treasury, the financial regulatory agencies, and the Federal Reserve, US economic policy has been focused on bailing out the excessively large banks created by mindless deregulation. The purpose of US economic policy is to save the large banks from their bad bets on poorly understood new financial instruments in the gambling casino created by deregulation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 884,101 - 884,120 of1,034,157
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-19 8 min Cass 7
Amy 4-19 11 min Cass 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Atticus Tiberius Finch 167,595
Amy 4-18 42 min cheluzal 36
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 42 min ScarletandOlive 96,130
Illinois lawmakers again look to Chicago casino... 43 min Benselys view 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min Dusty Mangina 47,063
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]