Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417666 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCNlin

United States

#963158 Aug 12, 2013
THE US Republican Party is fracturing along an interventionist-isolationist fault line, experts say, with Tea Party upstarts tangling with traditionalists and setting the stage for an ideological battle ahead of elections in 2016.

Old-guard republicans such as Senator John McCain, keep to the traditional line that the exertion of American power is the primary force of good in a chaotic world. They advocate supplying weapons to rebels in Syria, aiding Egypt despite the turmoil of the recent military coup, and using all tools at the US’s disposal, including the surveillance of hundreds of millions of citizens, "to keep the US safe".

But insurgent conservatives, led by libertarian-leaning senators Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, are challenging that orthodoxy, and their influence has become difficult to ignore.

A case in point came before the Senate late last week when Mr Paul introduced a measure that would block $1.5bn in aid to Egypt. His amendment was handily defeated, but not before heated debate between him and Mr McCain over the role of the US abroad.
Hold Onto Your Hats

Temple, TX

#963159 Aug 12, 2013
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500
Mr. Obama:
I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct on your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an adequate representative of the United States of America collectively or of me personally.
You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the United States of America . You are responsible to the citizens of the United States . You are not responsible to the peoples of any other country on earth.
I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not care about their status in the world. Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe ? Are you brain dead? What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about? Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century?
Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States ? This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles governing this country, at least until you came along, come directly from this heritage. Do you not understand this?
Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans. Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia .... You didn't show Great Britain , our best and one of our oldest allies, the respect they deserve yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia .. How dare you, sir! How dare you!
You can't find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because you don't want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey ...... You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more respect than the people who saved the German people from themselves. What's the matter with you? I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you.
You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real thieves in this situation, Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses, and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything? I seriously doubt it.
What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff members on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves? I understand the average House aide got a 17% bonus. I took a 5% cut in my pay to save jobs with my employer. You haven't said anything about that. Who authorized that? I surely didn't!
Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $210 million in bonuses over an eighteen-month period, that's $45 million more than the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million not a bad take. Who authorized that and why haven't you expressed your outrage at this group who are largely responsible for the economic mess we have right now?
I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what you idiots do. We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you.
I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities. I promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a chance to spend two terms destroying my beautiful country.
Sincerely,
Every real American
It's past time for all Americans to wake up!
Ms Kathleen Lyday
Fourth Grade Teacher
Grandview Elementary School
11470 Hwy . C
Hillsboro , MO 63050
LCNlin

United States

#963160 Aug 12, 2013
R I P

William P. Clark, who rose from campaign volunteer to one of President Ronald Reagan's most trusted advisers, has died. He was 81.

Clark died Saturday at his ranch home in the central California town of Shandon after a long battle with Parkinson's disease, according to his son.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#963161 Aug 12, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone can purchase healthcare insurance from the exchanges , not just Congressmen. Everyone is equal in the eyes of our American President Obama.
A single payer system is the only goal in the eyes of this president to equally control all of us. Harry Reid said as much on a PBS interview. Obamacare was just the first step to create enough chaos for the government to control all of us through health care.

You have a much too simplistic view of Obamacare.

The young and healthy will pay the brunt of the costs with the highest premiums. Look it up.

If enough employers drop health care coverage for their employees because of excessive regulations and burdening costs, the taxpayers are going to pay those costs when millions of people go on government exchanges.

Employers are being forced to hire part-time workers, and the puny gains in employment have been predominantly part-time employment because of Obamacare.

Many people are finding out they won't be able to keep their present insurance coverage or their doctors.

Congressmen don't want the exchanges or the higher premiums. That's why they were saved through a loophole in an Obamacare clause. The head of the IRS stated he didn't want Obamacare either. The rest of us don't have that option.

There is a devious plan behind this administration's well-devised agenda of impending chaos. It's not for the benefit of Americans. It's for the benefit of a one-party system of government control when the system collapses.

"Overwhelm the system." Look it up if you don't know what that means.

You are either too easily duped or too complacent for your own good.

Orlando, FL

#963162 Aug 12, 2013
Hold Onto Your Hats wrote:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500
Mr. Obama:
I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct on your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an adequate representative of the United States of America collectively or of me personally.
You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the United States of America . You are responsible to the citizens of the United States . You are not responsible to the peoples of any other country on earth.
I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not care about their status in the world. Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe ? Are you brain dead? What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about? Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century?
Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States ? This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles governing this country, at least until you came along, come directly from this heritage. Do you not understand this?
Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans. Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia .... You didn't show Great Britain , our best and one of our oldest allies, the respect they deserve yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia .. How dare you, sir! How dare you!
You can't find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because you don't want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey ...... You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more respect than the people who saved the German people from themselves. What's the matter with you? I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you.
You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real thieves in this situation, Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses, and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything? I seriously doubt it.
What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff members on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves?
Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $210 million in bonuses over an eighteen-month period, that's $45 million more than the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million not a bad take.?
I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what you idiots do. We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you.
I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities. I promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a chance to spend two terms destroying my beautiful country.
Sincerely,
Every real American
It's past time for all Americans to wake up!
Ms Kathleen Lyday
Fourth Grade Teacher
Grandview Elementary School
11470 Hwy . C
Hillsboro , MO 63050
This was my favorite part. "I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle..."

I wake up every day hoping something will be revealed that will prevent this president from finishing another day of his two terms.

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#963163 Aug 12, 2013
shrimp_on_treadmills wrote:
<quoted text>
What point is being made when two teenage negros strangle a white girl for her bike?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/24/new-jers...
The two African American teens committed a horrible and stupid crime. They probably killed the young girl to keep her from reporting them for stealing her bike. They should be tried and if convicted, sentenced accordingly. This is a tragedy. My heart goes out to the girls family.

The ethnic background of all involved has no bearing on this case. The boys did not steal her bike and kill her because she was a Caucasian. They wanted the bike parts and then realized that they could not leave any witnesses. A very sad event.

Orlando, FL

#963164 Aug 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the video so they can see what a shit hole O'bama 'managed' in Chicago--and what Rezco and O'bama left as a legacy. Democrats hate the poor, unless of course they can enrich themselves monetarily, which they both did.
Self-preservation, power, control and a one-party system is this president's only legacy.

He cares about no one. He cares about himself and a one-party system with complete control.

The evidence is everywhere. But the people in that children's story wouldn't bring themselves to say the emperor was wearing no clothes even though they could see with their own eyes he was butt naked. That children's story, as it turns out, was prophetic.

Orlando, FL

#963166 Aug 12, 2013
Gotta get up early tomorrow. Night.
LCNlin

United States

#963167 Aug 12, 2013
Gripes over presidential vacations have become a predictable side-effect of partisan politics. However, those bemoaning President Obama’s week-long Martha’s Vineyard respite may want to re-examine past presidential getaways.

Criticisms usually sound something like this: it’s an expensive extravagance! It’s unnecessary! It shows an insensitivity to the millions of ordinary Americans struggling through a bad economy!

But re-examine history: President Ronald Reagan retreated to Barbados for Easter in April of 1982 at a taxpayer cost of $3.5 million. The Caribbean getaway, hosted by Hollywood actress Claudette Colbert, had Reagan’s critics fuming. After all, unemployment was at 9.3%, a historic high, and the exotic destination wasn’t even in the U.S. In fact, Reagan had even rejected the advice of his staff, who feared the potentially bad optics and urged him not to go.

The Gipper went anyway, and in the process he proved that there’s really no wrong way to vacation as President.*

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#963168 Aug 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Valerie Jarrett Was Slum Lord in Obama's State Senate District
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O-kjEMcBol4XX
Barack Hussein O'bama hates blacks.
I looked at the video and not one person interviewed mentioned President Obama nor Ms. Jarrett. If what the video says is true why hasn't Fox new gone viral with it? They look for stuff like this all the time. They went after Acorn that helped people vote and get good housing. They went after the New Black Panthers,(all three of them) for trying to stop Caucasians from voting in a predominately African American neighborhood in Philadelphia.

President Obama doesn't hate Africans Americans, Caucasians, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, or any other ethnic mixture. He does hate stupid people. I suspect that that is why you are uncomfortable with him.
Butt Vomit Relief

Meridian, MS

#963169 Aug 12, 2013
-YAWNS-
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#963170 Aug 12, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Carol...er...LoisLane59....
Homer is quite obviously suffering from long term drug use...
Clearly you have first hand experience.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#963171 Aug 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plain speaking truth seekers are like a breath of fresh air to me in the otherwise smog of lies, deception and deafening loud silence coming from the liberal media.
Sadly, you're in the thick of it all the time.
Rarely missed the O'Reilly Factor for the past 15 years.
Also, now watch The Five regularly.
Thank you...

for your opinion...

again...

as usual...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#963172 Aug 12, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Glad I've been busy the last couple of days. Looks like you leftist phags were really throwing a lot of sperm around in here.....:-)
Seems you weren't busy enough, son.

Mush! Boy! Mush!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#963173 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, idjit people don't sell drugs for the good of humanity.
Who's the real idiot? This fool believes McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Applebee's, & the list goes on are in it for the good of humanity. Lol! Nobody can seriously be that ignorant, honestly! At least in my eyes but, you surprise me once again. All the bullshit additives, fillets, & poison added in fast food &, you say it's for the good of humanity. You have to downgrade all the way to mom & pop stores to find people doing shit for the good of humanity anymore in America. Everything's about a bottom line profit, bottom line! All the while, people are getting sick ( HBP, diabetes )etc... Dying a slow &, miserable death. America just downgraded from the world's most obese country a month or 2 ago. True, nobody forces anyone to eat their products but, no one forces drug addicts to use either. Your thought process is far too miniscule too digest such a thing. You allow some political bureaucrat to tell you right from wrong. You're no different than a child, you need &, depend on someone else's guidance. Yet so quick to call names... True signs of a clown &, I don't mean that in a good way! You're a zombie in the movies, you exist but, you're far from living!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#963174 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plain speaking truth seekers are like a breath of fresh air to me in the otherwise smog of lies, deception and deafening loud silence coming from the liberal media.
Sadly, you're in the thick of it all the time.
Rarely missed the O'Reilly Factor for the past 15 years.
Also, now watch The Five regularly.
I'm glad you enjoy the fair n balanced Murdoch empire. It's without doubt the pillar of journalism and it's owner is also a fit n proper person to hold a media lic. Oh and when was the last time poor ole token Bob on the five said more than a few words before he gets jumped on by the rest of the panel. It's not unlike those televised Wrestling matches, top class journalism. Bob is just there to be beaten up every day. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny :)

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2011/07/11/2...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federa...
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#963175 Aug 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-preservation, power, control and a one-party system is this president's only legacy.
He cares about no one. He cares about himself and a one-party system with complete control.
The evidence is everywhere. But the people in that children's story wouldn't bring themselves to say the emperor was wearing no clothes even though they could see with their own eyes he was butt naked. That children's story, as it turns out, was prophetic.
I heard you say about a month or 2 ago that, you were nearing retirement age. Well you surely don't act it. In your eyes, this great system is a failure when it fails you & your liken. You repeat this phrase like it's a bad thing," he wants a 1 party system." All presidents do! That way one can gtruly implement their ideology but, this president actually tried to reach across. It's obvious , the republican party would much rather he reach around. Lol! " And we will everything in our power to make this president a 1 term president." Then the pledge to Grover Norquist, vowing to purposely not sign any bill until after the election. All this seems to fly over your head quite often. One can say that your thought process is intentional. The problem is, that makes you insane!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#963176 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let s not forget, nj was/is a coke dealer. But hey, its those greedy ceo types he wants regulated.
It takes a true idiot to argue against fact! You've proven yourself worthy! There is not 1 person documented that has died from marijuana. You take the luxury in proven otherwise. In fact, I can prove it's an agent of the contrary. Medical Marijuana! See the problem in this country is, when your uncle Sam can't profit from your success, he deems it against the law. Maybe I'm tripping or, you definitely are but, I've never heard of " Medical Pizza." America is so Fucked up, people have marketed &, soldfoods without glucosamine to people dying from obesity complications. Charging folks triple the price for food that helps them with their problem is pure evil! The fact that you believe that , profiting from a sick person's pain is not for the good of humanity! Yeah, I've hustled drugs for a living. Again the drugs are medical miracles until they're sold at the underground level. Then they're of the opposite in substance. Cocaine & heroin, are both medicine when in their pill forms but, deadly in their powder form. Yeah, well in mybook, 1+1 always 2. You can think what you want. Doesn't change the facts!

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#963177 Aug 13, 2013
When is anybody going to realize if you can't focus you're thoughts into two succinct sentences nobody reads them.

Location hidden

#963178 Aug 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't make this sht up, folks. I suspect a new poster from an anonymous proxy will start posting terry's personal information in the near future...so i've heard.
You can't make this sht up folks, Eman is getting more bizarre every day.... so I've heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Grand Birther 222,343
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 103,437
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,448
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ize Found 70,939
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 9,371
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 3,023
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 6,689

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages