Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,161)

Showing posts 883,201 - 883,220 of1,073,177
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Almost immediately upon enactment of the 1981 tax cut, Reagan came under enormous pressure to do something about the federal budget deficit. While his preferred approach was to cut spending as much as necessary, it was not politically possible to so. His aides began pressuring him to support a tax increase. Conservative activists were appalled that Reagan would even consider such a thing, but he eventually endorsed the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982. According to a Treasury Department analysis, it raised taxes by close to one percent of GDP, equivalent to $150 billion per year today, and was probably the largest peacetime tax increase in American history.

http://capitalgainsandgames.com/blog/bruce-ba...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

In the end, Reagan’s tax legacy fits neither the right-wing nor left-wing pigeonholes. Although he cut taxes when he could, he raised them when he had to. That’s something self-styled Reaganites today should remember.

Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

The mainstream media in the United States have increasingly come to the conclusion that the Benghazi attacks were related to a secret gun-running operation managed by the federal government to ferry weapons that had been used by Libyan rebels to Syria.

http://intellihub.com/2013/08/08/mainstream-m...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
The mainstream media in the United States have increasingly come to the conclusion that the Benghazi attacks were related to a secret gun-running operation managed by the federal government to ferry weapons that had been used by Libyan rebels to Syria.
The August 1 CNN story on Benghazi mentioned above reported the gun-running story only as “speculation,”....

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Jim DeMint Says GOP Will Destroy America To Stop Obamacare

The Republicans seem to be aware that their obsession with killing the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, is unpopular and damaging to their party. Certainly, most everyone else is. Forty votes to repeal a healthcare overhaul based on a Republican healthcare overhaul and not a single jobs bill since 2008.

Former Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC), whom you might remember dropping out of politics in April to go into…a more lucrative, seven figure form of politics with the Heritage Foundation, told Newsmax TV yesterday that the GOP should be willing to destroy America if that is what it takes to get rid of medical care for the American people.

Interestingly, DeMint says Obamacare is more damaging to America “than anything I’ve seen pass in my lifetime.”

Obamacare apparently being more damaging than a Republican destruction of America itself. So what he is saying is that the GOP must be willing to do more damage to America than the most damaging thing they’ve seen so far, in order to stop the second-most damaging thing done to America.

That’s like burning down your house to stop a leaky pipe from flooding your bathroom.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/09/jim-de...
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

I want to apologize to my constituents, not because of my special photos that I've sent as part of a right wing conspiracy using tax dollars to investigate.

No, I want to apologize for my bad hearing. I thought Obama said he saved Detroit and killed bin Laden. But oh my God, I got it backwards. LOL.

But gosh, all of us Democrats led by the main stream media, just keep getting it wrong folks.
It seems that Obama meant something entirely different when he claimed that he KILLED bin Laden and SAVED Detroit.

Because, you know, like a lot of problems Obama has tried to tackle, the result has been the exact opposite of what we’ve been told.

In fact, OBAMA KILLED DETROIT AND SAVED AL QAEDA.

And it seems: HE MEANT TO DO THAT, in the words of the immortal of poet of the Big Eighties, Pee Wee Herman.

But what can you expect from a guy who thinks the United States has 57 states, that port of Savannah resides on the Gulf of Mexico and China provides a model economy.

As community organizer, it seems, Obama rarely travelled outside of, say, West 26th Street and East 79th street in Chicago, at least mentally, politically and philosophically.

Remember when we had Bushisms? The Obamaisms are much better! Wink, Wink! My favorites:

I’ll close Gitmo.

We don’t spy on Americans.

The economy is finally gaining traction.

Obamacare will reduce the deficit.

The new Egyptian government is democratic.

Welcome to Recovery Summer.

Green jobs are important to stimulate the economy.

We are not arming Al Qaeda.

Benghazi was a long time ago.

There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe.

There is no sexual relationship.

I won’t bring up the point that the media RARELY, IF EVER, calls Obama out on his faux pas… whoops, there I pointed it out and I didn’t mean to.
Ok, ok, I meant to do that.

Because there is a larger point here: You cannot treat the truth like it’s flexible or pliable or moldable to fit your circumstances without an awful lot of stretching that goes into it.

Just ask Nancy Pelosi’s cosmetic surgeon. You can stretch around the edges as much as you want, but that only goes so far. Or when I take a special photo of myself, the same applies.

Right now the Democrats, as represented by Obama, are mostly stretch, and no substance. But Obama was way cooler than Romney and that was all that mattered.
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
In the end, Reagan’s tax legacy fits neither the right-wing nor left-wing pigeonholes. Although he cut taxes when he could, he raised them when he had to. That’s something self-styled Reaganites today should remember.
Son, I agree. We could have kept the Jimmy Carter Model going and skipped all that prosperity in between Reagan and when the Democrats took control of Congress and then the media got an Empty Suit elected in 2008.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Latest headline:

Weiner goes limp; poll droops...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

ALBANY — A top development company donated $100,000 to Gov. Cuomo just days before he signed a bill that quietly showered the firm with lucrative tax breaks.

Two corporations tied to Extell Development each contributed $50,000 to Cuomo’s campaign, which recorded the checks on Jan. 28 — the same day the Assembly passed a housing bill that contained tax breaks for five developers, including Extell, records show.

Cuomo signed the legislation two days later.

The twin $50,000 donations were made by Elco Master LLC and 134 W 58 LLC. Each listed the same Louisville, Ky., address of Extell Financial Services, which is part of Extell Development. It was the first time either company contributed to Cuomo, state records show.

Gary Barnett, president of Extell Development Co., gave $100,000 to a state Democratic Party account used by Gov. Andrew Cuomo — three weeks after a bill giving Extell and other developers hefty tax breaks became law.

And less than three weeks after the bill became law, Extell President Gary Barnett donated $100,000 to a state Democratic Party account that Cuomo was tapping to finance ads pushing his agenda. Records dating to 1999 show it was the only time he gave to the state party.

The benefit for Extell’s 57th St. luxury apartment tower is projected to cost the city $35 million over 10 years.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on, leftie-- let me get my popcorn and beverage. I want to get really comfortable while you explain to me how jacking up the minimum wage is going to INCREASE the number of jobs.
Okay. Got it.
Commence explaining.(this is gonna be good)
It's a no brainer, reluctant Einstein. With higher livable wages , the American worker will have more disposable income, greater purchasing power as consumers, and the more consumers can buy and sell in the marketplace the more producers want to supply , driving up production and the necessity of hiring more workers to do the work. It's called 'supply and demand'.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The little girl was denied a lung transplant due to protocols established well before Obmacare or Obama taking office. You are a GD idiot.
2) The feral health people only tell you what you should eat & should avoid. You are perfectly within your right to ignore that & be a dumbass.
Why are right whiners soooooooooo ignorant?
"Feral health people"

lol.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And they're still more American than you son!
You're a one trick pony, Yeahoo, Anyone born in this country is more American than you, and probably have the eyes and speech to prove it??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I agree. We could have kept the Jimmy Carter Model going and skipped all that prosperity in between Reagan and when the Democrats took control of Congress and then the media got an Empty Suit elected in 2008.
prosperity?

another Bush rewrite. and another Clinton rewrite.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxman you are funny. "I think Obama should come out and say - "Hey! These three hoodlums could be my sons!""
The three African American kids were wrong to beat up the Caucasian child for snitching on them. I understand that he was beaten and his arm was broken. The three African American kids were taken into custody and will be punished. The Caucasian child is alive, will heal, and probably get paid. Trayvon Martin was an unarmed 17yo shot dead by an armed 29yo adult. There is a difference. The child getting beat up is shameful. The murder of Trayvon Martin is a tragedy. This might be why you haven't heard African American leaders talking about it.
Only your kind of trash would use the ghetto mantra of "snitching" to justify the vicious beating of a younger child who turned in drug dealers in his school.

Clean up your act if you want respect.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Can the Republicans Get a Handle on Their Bigots?

With part of the GOP elite talking of End Times brought on by immigration reform, the party must decide: it is a place for paranoids or problem-solvers?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
The only president to say "Mission Accomplished" was George W. Bush.
President Obama did say that most of Al Qaeda's leadership had been decimated or on the run. He was correct because he was referring to the original cell of Al Qaeda. Since then Al Qaeda has spread into many cells thru out the middle east and north Africa. The Obama administration closed the embassies to save American lives. Their sources told them of an imminent attack and instead of blowing it off on his ranch he took action. Stop crying.
Why do ignorant people like Obama and yourself persist in using the word "decimate" incorrectly?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you post this same " brain dead hypocrite liberal " bullshit. Then on one hand, you call the democrats moochers, sucking off the govt fit, & all types of bullshit but, in reality, a place you don't frequent too often, almost all republican states are true welfare states! Only 1 democrat states received more govt funding then it paid into it. Only 1 republican state annually pays more into the gov't than it receives, Texas! You asshole are the true definition of hypocrites, yet you feel obligated to point your fingers because, It's the republican way!
A stupid argument by an ignorant fool because this spending is determined largely by the strategic location of military bases, the location of national parks and forests, and the location of Indian reservations.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That really is going to chap your hide, huh injun joe?
Nothing you can do about it.....:-)
nothing?

so how about voting to repeal 40 times? and failing?

oh yeah, real worried about 'nothing'.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider1 one cannot leave bigotry and racism out of his point of view the is a low grade education he is only a race baiter like sharpton who is also not very educated just a sock puppet
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
...covered up in a criminal manner by Obama and Hillary....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 883,201 - 883,220 of1,073,177
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
This is a great ad. 8 min Harold B Alls 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min SpaceBlues 45,597
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,779
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 4 hr Tgloaded 1
Abby July 12 4 hr Julie 5
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••