Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#961585 Aug 9, 2013
Can the Republicans Get a Handle on Their Bigots?

With part of the GOP elite talking of End Times brought on by immigration reform, the party must decide: it is a place for paranoids or problem-solvers?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961586 Aug 9, 2013
Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
The only president to say "Mission Accomplished" was George W. Bush.
President Obama did say that most of Al Qaeda's leadership had been decimated or on the run. He was correct because he was referring to the original cell of Al Qaeda. Since then Al Qaeda has spread into many cells thru out the middle east and north Africa. The Obama administration closed the embassies to save American lives. Their sources told them of an imminent attack and instead of blowing it off on his ranch he took action. Stop crying.
Why do ignorant people like Obama and yourself persist in using the word "decimate" incorrectly?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961588 Aug 9, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you post this same " brain dead hypocrite liberal " bullshit. Then on one hand, you call the democrats moochers, sucking off the govt fit, & all types of bullshit but, in reality, a place you don't frequent too often, almost all republican states are true welfare states! Only 1 democrat states received more govt funding then it paid into it. Only 1 republican state annually pays more into the gov't than it receives, Texas! You asshole are the true definition of hypocrites, yet you feel obligated to point your fingers because, It's the republican way!
A stupid argument by an ignorant fool because this spending is determined largely by the strategic location of military bases, the location of national parks and forests, and the location of Indian reservations.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#961589 Aug 9, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That really is going to chap your hide, huh injun joe?
Nothing you can do about it.....:-)
nothing?

so how about voting to repeal 40 times? and failing?

oh yeah, real worried about 'nothing'.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#961591 Aug 9, 2013
NJ raider1 one cannot leave bigotry and racism out of his point of view the is a low grade education he is only a race baiter like sharpton who is also not very educated just a sock puppet
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961593 Aug 9, 2013
Patriot wrote:
The mainstream media in the United States have increasingly come to the conclusion that the Benghazi attacks were related to a secret gun-running operation managed by the federal government to ferry weapons that had been used by Libyan rebels to Syria.
http://intellihub.com/2013/08/08/mainstream-m...
...covered up in a criminal manner by Obama and Hillary....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#961594 Aug 9, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because, down in this dumbed down republican states, women are far better knowledge seekers &, keepers! Your men are still prehistoric cavemen, believing rape is an act of God &, that it should be law to force women who don't want to bring children into this child world that they can't care for, to have those babies &, watch mother &, child suffer. You people think your words are God's law &, anyone who opposes them should be punished to your accordance. Republicans need more gender &, cultural flexibility. Otherwise, the women & Hispanics would be living in Bedrock, with Barney & the Flintstones!
Whoa now...yew should also realize then as well, that SOME feral type women are NOT exempt from the same type of low level dictatorshiptorial type of stuff as their SOME of their counterpart feral type men.

Imeldar Marcos, shoe freak and raging ninny, Cleo-the evile man-eating manupulator-patra, some of them there freaky, blood thirsty ones that ruled around Dracula's time.... Queeny Elizabeth...just to name a few!

Or was that what you were referencing?:-)
WOW

Bronx, NY

#961595 Aug 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing?
so how about voting to repeal 40 times? and failing?
oh yeah, real worried about 'nothing'.
i found out why engines cant hold their fire water it the sugar in their cell more but to keep it simple
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961596 Aug 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Jim DeMint Says GOP Will Destroy America To Stop Obamacare
The Republicans seem to be aware that their obsession with killing the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, is unpopular and damaging to their party. Certainly, most everyone else is. Forty votes to repeal a healthcare overhaul based on a Republican healthcare overhaul and not a single jobs bill since 2008.
Former Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC), whom you might remember dropping out of politics in April to go intoÖa more lucrative, seven figure form of politics with the Heritage Foundation, told Newsmax TV yesterday that the GOP should be willing to destroy America if that is what it takes to get rid of medical care for the American people.
Interestingly, DeMint says Obamacare is more damaging to America ďthan anything Iíve seen pass in my lifetime.Ē
Obamacare apparently being more damaging than a Republican destruction of America itself. So what he is saying is that the GOP must be willing to do more damage to America than the most damaging thing theyíve seen so far, in order to stop the second-most damaging thing done to America.
Thatís like burning down your house to stop a leaky pipe from flooding your bathroom.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/09/jim-de...
Cancer often requires radical surgery.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961598 Aug 9, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
I want to apologize to my constituents, not because of my special photos that I've sent as part of a right wing conspiracy using tax dollars to investigate.
No, I want to apologize for my bad hearing. I thought Obama said he saved Detroit and killed bin Laden. But oh my God, I got it backwards. LOL.
Good point.

Detroit is clearly dead, OBL still a subject for debate.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#961599 Aug 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A stupid argument by an ignorant fool because this spending is determined largely by the strategic location of military bases, the location of national parks and forests, and the location of Indian reservations.
if yew were setting next to the left'er me right now...that post would bring about one of those blink, turn head to left, raise eyebrow, one pronounced tsk, turn head forward again, and shake it derived of a brick in pocket thought moment.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#961600 Aug 9, 2013
Whatís the Matter With White People? A Modest Call for Personal Responsibility

One in seven white women, for instance, smoke cigarettes while pregnant, thereby endangering the health of their soon-to-be-born children: a rate that is 60 percent higher than the rate for black women. White women were also about 30 percent more likely than black women to drink alcohol when pregnant in 2010-2011, thanks to a significant reduction in gestational alcohol consumption among black women compared to previous years and a slight increase in such consumption among whites. So is there something about white culture that contributes to this disproportionately cavalier attitude among white women when it comes to the health of their developing fetuses?

And what is it with white people and suicide? Although suicide touches all communities, the numbers show that whites end our own lives at a far higher rate than blacks. In 2010, for instance, whites committed suicide at a rate that was roughly three times higher than the rate for blacks. Is there something about whites, culturally, that can explain this disproportionate inability to cope with lifeís pressures, or with depression, or the other precursors to suicide?

And whatís the deal with white people and drug overdoses? In 2010, for example, white men were nearly twice as likely as black men to die from an opioid overdose and white women were more then twice as likely to die from such an overdose as black women. Interestingly, not only are whites apparently having a hard time handling our drugs, but even more telling, there has been a shift in the rates of opioid overdose deaths since the late 1990s, at which point black men were actually 44 percent more likely than their white counterparts to die this way. Since 1999, while black male opioid drug overdose deaths have fallen, rates for whites have increased by 137 percent! In other words, black men are taking it easier on the heavy stuff, while apparently white men are swallowing Hydrocodone like Tic-Tacs. Whatís up with that?

And donít even get me started on binge-drinking! It had been a while since Iíd looked at the data on this, and although I knew white rates of heavy boozing were higher than the rates for blacks about a decade ago, I had hoped that we might have learned to control ourselves in the interim, but no such luck apparently. In 2011, for instance, white folks were still about one-fourth more likely than blacks to have binged in the past month, and 78 percent more likely to binge drink regularly (5 or more times in one month).

....Though I have no doubt there are redeeming aspects to white culture, with data such as this, and in so many categories of apparent and overwhelming dysfunction, can any rational person deny the crisis in white America? How much longer will we ignore the pathological behaviors of the nationís dominant racial group? How long will we allow whites to blame their problems on affirmative action, Mexican immigrants, high taxes, Obamacare, Islam, oh, and black people, when it is so blindingly obvious that we are our own worst enemies?

Enough is enough. Time for some tough love. Time for white leaders and white-led organizations to finally speak out about the ruinous behavior of white children and their Oxy-addled, thrice-divorced, morally reprobate parents.

And if they arenít up to the job ó and of course, they arenít ó then I suppose a decent fallback option would be to just ignore everything they say about the shortcomings of others. After all, projection isnít just a room at the movie theatre, or a talent they teach actors, if you know what I mean.

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/whats-the-matt...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#961601 Aug 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cancer often requires radical surgery.
from a surgeon who hasn't failed 40 times?

good luck with that. it seems failure has become part of the GOP ideology.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#961602 Aug 9, 2013
<quoted text>
We keep you feral chimps contained in the urban ghettos here in the States (where you belong). Anyone stupid enough to venture into those nightmares deserves what he/she gets.
Oh; and we shoot you as many times as possible whenever your homicidal criminal activities are detected. This WILL continue, and there's nothing you can do about it.....:-)
Good times!!!
I don't know if you've looked at the murder statistics lately Honky Tonk Man, but, that shooting shit goes both ways! Actually, 1 more than the other!

Good times!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961603 Aug 9, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> It's a no brainer, reluctant Einstein. With higher livable wages , the American worker will have more disposable income, greater purchasing power as consumers, and the more consumers can buy and sell in the marketplace the more producers want to supply , driving up production and the necessity of hiring more workers to do the work. It's called 'supply and demand'.
Demos/Tenzing has already thoroughly debunked your ridiculous argument about minimum wage.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#961604 Aug 9, 2013
<quoted text>
"Repeal" is one thing; "obstruction through defunding" is quite another (chuckling).
Just wait till after the midterms.....:-)
midterms?

so what was your Topix name before the inevitable conclusion of the last election?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#961606 Aug 9, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>i found out why engines cant hold their fire water it the sugar in their cell more but to keep it simple
so you nutjobs pretty much hate anyone who isn't white?

so i should be upset that you're helping the GOP stay out of the WH?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#961607 Aug 9, 2013
And why are white youth so disrespectful to their parents? According to the available evidence whites between 12 and 17 are nearly twice as likely as their black counterparts to have fought with their parents at least 10 times in the past year. Why no lectures from the cultural warriors of the right towards smart-mouthed white teens, whose disrespect for their parents clearly indicates a pathologically delinquent tendency? And please, someone develop this lecture quickly as we have a 12-year old who I fear may be tempted to try out some of that white-culture-backsassing-shit on us any day now!

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/whats-the-matt...

Since: Nov 11

United States

#961608 Aug 9, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
I want to apologize to my constituents, not because of my special photos that I've sent as part of a right wing conspiracy using tax dollars to investigate.

No, I want to apologize for my bad hearing. I thought Obama said he saved Detroit and killed bin Laden. But oh my God, I got it backwards. LOL.

But gosh, all of us Democrats led by the main stream media, just keep getting it wrong folks.
It seems that Obama meant something entirely different when he claimed that he KILLED bin Laden and SAVED Detroit.

Because, you know, like a lot of problems Obama has tried to tackle, the result has been the exact opposite of what we’ve been told.

In fact, OBAMA KILLED DETROIT AND SAVED AL QAEDA.

And it seems: HE MEANT TO DO THAT, in the words of the immortal of poet of the Big Eighties, Pee Wee Herman.

But what can you expect from a guy who thinks the United States has 57 states, that port of Savannah resides on the Gulf of Mexico and China provides a model economy.

As community organizer, it seems, Obama rarely travelled outside of, say, West 26th Street and East 79th street in Chicago, at least mentally, politically and philosophically.

Remember when we had Bushisms? The Obamaisms are much better! Wink, Wink! My favorites:

I’ll close Gitmo.

We don’t spy on Americans.

The economy is finally gaining traction.

Obamacare will reduce the deficit.

The new Egyptian government is democratic.

Welcome to Recovery Summer.

Green jobs are important to stimulate the economy.

We are not arming Al Qaeda.

Benghazi was a long time ago.

There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe.

There is no sexual relationship.

I won’t bring up the point that the media RARELY, IF EVER, calls Obama out on his faux pas… whoops, there I pointed it out and I didn’t mean to.
Ok, ok, I meant to do that.

Because there is a larger point here: You cannot treat the truth like it’s flexible or pliable or moldable to fit your circumstances without an awful lot of stretching that goes into it.

Just ask Nancy Pelosi’s cosmetic surgeon. You can stretch around the edges as much as you want, but that only goes so far. Or when I take a special photo of myself, the same applies.

Right now the Democrats, as represented by Obama, are mostly stretch, and no substance. But Obama was way cooler than Romney and that was all that mattered.
"OBAMA KILLED DETROIT"

I love that!

Can I borrow that slogan? I will give you credit!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#961609 Aug 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then you must be a liar since the facts don't support you son.
we all know you are the liar since the facts go against every you have post which we all know which do not support your position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Dale 182,104
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min OzRitz 49,331
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr L Morales 71,257
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 4 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 6 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]