Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#961402 Aug 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The same legal standard applies to foreign nationals too so their citizenship is, to an extent, irrelevant.
Ramzi Yousef, mastermind of the WTC bombing and Pakistani citizen is sitting in a Colorado Supermax prison for the rest of his life. He was captured in Pakistan. That was in '97, before the PATRIOT Act became a tool of Monarchical authority.
I only brought up citizen because of what you said about targeting US citizens.

Are you now saying we should not utilize drones to go after Al Qaeda?

If we know a terrorist is at a certain location what do you suggest?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#961403 Aug 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
get back to me when what BillO said last night isn't Topix wingnut front and center.
carol?
try to get her spiel into a civilized conversation for 10 seconds and see how that falls flat on it's face.
You make noise and so you can be located.

That's worth *something*, I suppose.

Lapeer, MI

#961404 Aug 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Following the release of a phone recording in which Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-KY) campaign manager sounded unethused to be working in his current position, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) said Thursday it's further proof of the incumbent's dismal standing.
ďMitch McConnell is so unpopular in Kentucky that even his own campaign manager canít stand him," DSCC spokesman Justin Barasky told TPM over the phone. "Unfortuantely for McConnell, polls show that people of Kentucky wonít be holding their noses in 2014.Ē
Barasky was referring to comments made by McConnell campaign manager Jesse Benton, who told a conservative activist in January that he took the job on the GOP leader's re-election campaign to help the presidential prospects of his old boss, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY).
"Between you an me, I'm sorta holding my nose for two years," Benton said in the recording, "'cause what we're doing here is gonna be a big benefit to Rand in '16."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/d...
sonic is having a racist orgasm, folks.

Let's hope he/she bursts a blood vessel:>
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#961405 Aug 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like old cheap basturd carry his own bag to save a $ Nobama doesn't comprehend what he reads. Kinda like my tea party neighbor who's voice becomes louder and higher pitched with each word when he's talking about politics and religion.
Many golfers carry their own bag because they want the exercise and the connection to the game. Other slobs like retired used car dealer Realtime drive around in their carts guzzling beer and talking on their cell phones.

Besides, frugality is a virtue.

Read "The Millionaire Next Door."

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#961406 Aug 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not ya'll and I'm not defending the government-intel-military progression from the days of Kermit Roosevelt to the days of Billy Waugh to the current and less complicated days of CIA and military drones.
I'm not defending the likes of Allen Dulles, J. Edgar Hoover, or those spawned during that era of international lawlessness.
Whether you like it or not, the Obama administration has shifted the long running burden of the middle East back to middle Eastern nations. We're not going to war under the brown guy but are going to watch the middle East get on board for the future or die on the fkn vine as the Islamic world already has, several times.
The US military drones don't target children__lying is a way of life in the Islamic world.
So you dismiss it as "lying" and of course it couldn't be the US lying so it must be them Muslims 'cause that's what Muslims do?

Leaked Pakistani report confirms high civilian death toll in CIA drone strikes
July 22nd, 2013 | by Chris Woods

"Of 746 people listed as killed in the drone strikes outlined in the document, at least 147 of the dead are clearly stated to be civilian victims, 94 of those are said to be children."

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2013/07/...

Here's the internal document:

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2013/07/...

Location hidden

#961407 Aug 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The act was passed in an emotional time, but regardless of politics, few believed that it would be used against American citizens.
I never doubted that it would.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#961408 Aug 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Azzhole-In-Chief publicly states that he wants to improve the seaports along the Caribbean Coast and then mistakenly improves those along the Atlantic Coast, the good folks of New Orleans, Galveston, Gulfport, Mobile and Port St. Joe would be very pissed at the bumbling fool who also thinks America has 58 States or more.
The mention of this glaringly bald embarrassment of a jerk president is not at all "petty and inconsequential" but a necessary slap to wake people up to the mistake sitting in the Oval Orifice. The Boy Messiah has staff personnel tie his shoes each morning.
Dissing this shameful situation says a lot about you and your lack of sociopolitical awareness.
Ditzing is just your type A bottom feeder Obama voter who cares more about where his next free stuff is coming from and watching the Price Is Right than anything that requires true thought.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#961409 Aug 8, 2013
Like WOW your |#961363 comment comes close but wonders of into obscurity with myths.
Observe Like WOW ! HEY BERNARD Washington Thinks You Are Stupid Thereís the old saying that if the government fears the people, there is liberty, but if the people fear the government there is tyranny. The criminals in Washington not only do not fear us, they do not respect us. Washington looks upon Americans as stupid sheeple
Bernie replies} Washington does not take me personally. Rendering your derogatory nonsense moot which leaves very little substance. Your ďold sayingĒ is just another false myth you embrace, as a fact which it is not. Observe history when the sovereignty becomes over burdensome they are destroyed. Inequality that have been increasing under right wing austerity policies is of concern and requires our serious attention. Its not yet at to the point where we must grab our muskets and do them in. That would be as inane solution that one could conceive of.
Liberal International Free Trade Markets have and are continuing to level the field between the haves and haves not. Orthodox communism could not compete with it and their walls came a tumbling down as will the poorly regulated capitalist nations.
This ďits them against usĒ are but a paranoid delusion of yours, it does not serve you well. All of the world are in it together trying to bring about a sane rational democratic capitalist system. Liberal International Free Trade Markets demand it. War increasingly becomes too expensive. Distracting, which ever culture that chooses that course, to regress in their ability to compete on the Free Trade Markets. Their sovereigntyís demise would soon be their reward.
Consider ďBeliefs are not factsĒ merely an observation that requires thought for research. Simple facts or complicated oneís, will soon support or dismiss all beliefs. False statements will come reminding us, all that is presented is not fact. Strict research is required by one and all. As data is compiled we can then ascertain where are we discovering from what source is being mostly correct and of another mostly deceitful.
Take note the lies you referred to came from republican ambitions to promote their ďMilitary IndustriesĒ profits. One source of siphoning of the wealth from the bottom of the pyramid to the top. Another; How many times has the Fox been caught presenting false facts and or distorted as compared to N.Y. Times, CNN, BBC, CBS and etc., etc. This looks like a no brainier to figure out. Not that these networks have not fouled up, but how many times in ratio to various Fox networks. I want to remind you England has reinstated their sport of Fox huntingÖ Now observe who is deceitfully hacking the judge voting? All the more proof compiling onto what is already known of them. Wonít help them at the polls come 2014 and 2016. Those that fear the truth, will be forever in servitude to the ignorance it nurtures.

Location hidden

#961410 Aug 8, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Itís the Media, Stupid There is little disagreement on the indispensable role of the media in influencing political debate and narrative, thus shaping public discourse.
Among progressives, liberals and most political minorities in the United States and Europe, there is an equal consensus regarding the troubling alliance that is bringing warmongering politicians, ideologues, religious zealots and media moguls together. They alone possess the capabilities to sway the public in any way they wish, or so it seems; they stack a nationís priorities in the way they find most fit; they concoct wars and justify them when they go awry. In short, they manipulate democracy by manipulating the public, using whatever means necessary: fear, misinformation and all the familiar rest.
OBAMAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHLOLO LOLOLOLOL
You're describing the neocons who now obviously control both parties.

Location hidden

#961411 Aug 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Azzhole-In-Chief publicly states that he wants to improve the seaports along the Caribbean Coast and then mistakenly improves those along the Atlantic Coast, the good folks of New Orleans, Galveston, Gulfport, Mobile and Port St. Joe would be very pissed at the bumbling fool who also thinks America has 58 States or more.
The mention of this glaringly bald embarrassment of a jerk president is not at all "petty and inconsequential" but a necessary slap to wake people up to the mistake sitting in the Oval Orifice. The Boy Messiah has staff personnel tie his shoes each morning.
Dissing this shameful situation says a lot about you and your lack of sociopolitical awareness.
It amazes me that I still hear the "57 states" thing.

Get a brain, he's not running for re-election and you're not going to impeach on your interpretation of his misspoken comment.

Location hidden

#961412 Aug 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I only brought up citizen because of what you said about targeting US citizens.
Are you now saying we should not utilize drones to go after Al Qaeda?
If we know a terrorist is at a certain location what do you suggest?
Yes I am saying that because our government's complete disregard for the law and zero accountability tells me their actions must be performed in the full light of day lest they next decide that my friend RealDave is too much of a threat and must be eliminated.

If our government operated legally and in accordance with the US Constitution its not likely we'd even be the target of terrorists.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#961413 Aug 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, what I've posted and supported has been factual.
you mean what I have posted has been factual and more claims stay consistent and you admit that because the facts never change and Clinton is admitting he was wrong and Like I told you there is a bunch of Pseudo Liberal Democrats that have something to worry about.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Clinton Admits He Was Wrong on Financial Deregulation But Larry Summers Never Has

http://diaryofarepublicanhater.blogspot.com/2...

Gettysburg, PA

#961414 Aug 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much the point. Without due process we only "know" what the people who ordered his execution want us to know.
What you're suggesting is that, if you turn it around and apply it to a recent case, George Zimmerman should have been executed by police at the scene of the crime then the police could have assured us that Zimmerman murdered Martin and that's all there was to it.
Really?

Zimmerman was in custody. If he would have run, he was capturable as he was in the US.

Are you suggesting (again) that we should send the cops to Yemen to arrest al-Alwaki. Invade Yemen? Wait until the Teen government catches him?

If during WWII we knew the exact location of Hitler & had drone technology, would you have a fit if we took out Adolf?

I now what you are attempting to say. We need some sort of methodology to classify certain bad people as "Wanted Dead or live". With National Security & CIA activities, this will never be public so I don't know what you want.

I do know this, choosing al-Alwaki as the poster boy for your argument is a terrible choice.

For me, if the COA Military think they have legitimate reasons & it is OK'd by the Administration, then send the drones.

For these terrorists, I like the Israeli philosophy, by stander casualties are the fault of the terrorist. They need to know they put their friends & families at risk when ever they are near to them. Of you buddy is a terrorist & you know it, you put yourself at risk when you are with them.

We can use drones & limit casualties or we can invade in all our war because there are never any innocent people killed in war or do nothing & allow Al Qaeda to dictate where those casualties are.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#961415 Aug 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You're describing the neocons who now obviously control both parties.
THATS THE PARTY THAT BONER AND OBDUMLES belong to the shadow government come on ten dont let the movement down, thats the 3rd party in america now the party of the government

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#961417 Aug 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, from a transcript posted at the Politico, is what Obama actually said about the need to deepen certain coastal ports:
quote:
Q. You mentioned infrastructure. Why is that a partisan issue? I live in a town, the bridge is falling apart, itís not safe. How does that become Republican or Democrat? How do you not just fix the bridge?(Laughter and applause.)
THE PRESIDENT: I don't know. As you know, for the last three years, Iíve said, letís work together. Letís find a financing mechanism and letís go ahead and fix our bridges, fix our roads, sewer systems, our ports. The Panama is being widened so that these big supertankers can come in. Now, that will be finished in 2015. If we don't deepen our ports all along the Gulf ó places like Charleston, South Carolina, or Savannah, Georgia, or Jacksonville, Florida ó if we don't do that, those ships are going to go someplace else. And weíll lose jobs. Businesses wonít locate here.
The only conceivable way to interpret what Obama actually said is that the ports of Charleston, Savannah, and Jacksonville are "along the Gulf" of Mexico. Of course, these ports are really on the Atlantic Ocean.
No, goof ball. Charleston, Savannah, Jacksonville ports are ALONG the shipping lanes routes in and out of Gulf ports --that was understandable to anyone listening who did not take the statement out-of-context like stupid you and FauxNews.

Lapeer, MI

#961418 Aug 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me that I still hear the "57 states" thing.
Get a brain, he's not running for re-election and you're not going to impeach on your interpretation of his misspoken comment.
Your responses are as predictable as that of a fart in an elevator.

I speak to your dissing of the Jerk-In-Chief's embarrassing ignorance and you come back with the last Presidential election and the supposed failure of any attempted impeachment.

Huh?

Call for the janitor to save you from the revolving door, Dood.

Lapeer, MI

#961419 Aug 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Zimmerman was in custody. If he would have run, he was capturable as he was in the US.
Are you suggesting (again) that we should send the cops to Yemen to arrest al-Alwaki. Invade Yemen? Wait until the Teen government catches him?
If during WWII we knew the exact location of Hitler & had drone technology, would you have a fit if we took out Adolf?
I now what you are attempting to say. We need some sort of methodology to classify certain bad people as "Wanted Dead or live". With National Security & CIA activities, this will never be public so I don't know what you want.
I do know this, choosing al-Alwaki as the poster boy for your argument is a terrible choice.
For me, if the COA Military think they have legitimate reasons & it is OK'd by the Administration, then send the drones.
For these terrorists, I like the Israeli philosophy, by stander casualties are the fault of the terrorist. They need to know they put their friends & families at risk when ever they are near to them. Of you buddy is a terrorist & you know it, you put yourself at risk when you are with them.
We can use drones & limit casualties or we can invade in all our war because there are never any innocent people killed in war or do nothing & allow Al Qaeda to dictate where those casualties are.
DumbDave, you couldn't argue your way out of the funeral home.

"If during WWII we knew the exact location of Hitler & had drone technology, would you have a fit if we took out Adolf?"

Where in the hell is your head at? Hitler was not an AMerican citizen, for crissake!

The rest of your post sounds like a bar fly mumbling down at Joe's Bar.

Gettysburg, PA

#961420 Aug 8, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am saying that because our government's complete disregard for the law and zero accountability tells me their actions must be performed in the full light of day lest they next decide that my friend RealDave is too much of a threat and must be eliminated.
If our government operated legally and in accordance with the US Constitution its not likely we'd even be the target of terrorists.
So no more covert CIA activity? No more intelligence gathering or should we post all our "spies" names & pictures on line? We can just sit here in the US & hope no foreign government would conspire against us? All of us protected by the Constitution that you think forbids the government holding any secrets.

You do know that the FBI could plant evidence in my house & then get anonymous tip & search my house & send me to jail. All in the light of day. Heck, when they showed up with that search warrant, they could just kill me & say I tried to shoot them. Who would know? " Local resident shot by FBI during drug raid, bomb making supplies found along with several guns. OMG OMG"

(yes I own guns & I do have electrical wire in my shop area. I think my wife has a pressure cooker OMG OMG)

L

Lapeer, MI

#961421 Aug 8, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>No, goof ball. Charleston, Savannah, Jacksonville ports are ALONG the shipping lanes routes in and out of Gulf ports --that was understandable to anyone listening who did not take the statement out-of-context like stupid you and FauxNews.
Wow. You stretched that one so far that I heard a loud snap, Doodette:)

When the Magic Negro sh its, you gather it up into nice, neat little round balls for him so that no one can recognize it for what it really is - sh it.

Gettysburg, PA

#961423 Aug 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
DumbDave, you couldn't argue your way out of the funeral home.
"If during WWII we knew the exact location of Hitler & had drone technology, would you have a fit if we took out Adolf?"
Where in the hell is your head at? Hitler was not an AMerican citizen, for crissake!
The rest of your post sounds like a bar fly mumbling down at Joe's Bar.
Try to keep up. We had decided that being an American citizen was no longer relevant to this discussion I was having with someone that wasn't you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Who 47,477
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min Sublime1 98,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min jacques Ottawa 179,253
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 22 min Hatti_Hollerand 649
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Boy G 50,583
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 31 min TRD 68,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 54 min Frijoles 69,959
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]