Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,144)

Showing posts 882,861 - 882,880 of1,034,436
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Is There an Antidote to the Republican Amnesia?
By Barney Frank
Memory eventually fails us all, but apparently the decline strikes one party far more than the other.
In recent weeks, my friends across the aisle have expended a lot of breath proclaiming that the Democrats caused the present financial crisis by failing to pass legislation to regulate financial services companies in the years 1995 through 2006.
There is only small one problem with this story -- throughout this entire period the Republicans were in complete charge of the House and for the most critical years they controlled the House, the Senate, and the Presidency.
In the House of Representatives, the majority party has almost unlimited power over the minority party. The majority party owns the committee chairmanships; it controls what bills come to a vote; and it is under no obligation to consider the ideas of the beleaguered minority. When the Republicans were in the majority they ruled with an iron first; it is no accident that Tom DeLay was known as "The Hammer."
That is why I find it particularly flattering the Republicans now claim that in the years 1995 to 2006 I personally possessed supernatural powers which enabled me to force mighty Republican leaders to do my bidding. Choose your comic book hero -- I was all of them.
I wish I had the power to force the Republican leadership to do my bidding! If I had had that power, I would have used it to block the impeachment of Bill Clinton, to stop the war in Iraq, to prevent large tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, and to stop government intervention into the private life of Terri Schiavo. Yet that power eluded me, and I was unable to stop those things.
According to the Republicans' misty memories of the period before 2007, I allegedly singlehandedly blocked their determined efforts to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and my supposed intransigence literally caused the worldwide financial crisis.
Fortunately, we have tools to aid memory -- pencil and paper, word processing, transcripts, newspapers, and the Congressional record. And as described in the most reputable published sources, in 2005 I in fact worked together with my Republican colleague Michael Oxley, then Chairman of the Financial Services Committee, to write a bill to increase regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. We passed the bill out of committee with an overwhelming majority -- every Democrat voted in favor of the legislation. However, on the House floor the Republican leadership added a poison pill amendment, which would have prevented non-profit institutions with religious affiliations from receiving funds. I voted against the legislation in protest, though I continued to work with Mr. Oxley to encourage the Senate to pass a good bill. But these efforts were defeated because President Bush blocked further consideration of the legislation. In the words of Mr. Oxley, no flaming liberal, the Bush administration gave his efforts 'the one-finger salute.'
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/200...
Great link, injun joe!

Yeah, barney Phag had all the answers in the Dodd-Frank act; it really worked well. He (along with the negro caucus) will bankrupt the nation, and then s s s s s s s ssuuuuuuuuuck your uncircumcised wankie into submission......
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
Adam Kokesh has made his point:
He's currently being held without bail for openly carrying a shotgun in D.C. He's also facing drug possession charges resulting from a SWAT raid on his home.
So, he hasn't committed any crimes agains property or persons but is being held with no recourse for not committing any crimes against property or persons.
He has made his point.
PS: In searching news articles about him I saw him frequently described as a "pro-gun" activist. That's incorrect, Kokesh is a civil rights activist making personal sacrifices for our rights in the tradition of the likes of MLK and Edward Snowden.
PPS: Kokesh is a decorated veteran of the Iraq War thus demonstrating how grateful our government is for his service in executing their policy.
Anyone going by the tag of "professional activist" is generally a waste of space. DC is a ghetto shthole doomed to failure like Detroit, and its goofy anti-gun antics will NEVER spread beyond similar retarded urbanity. A better way to make statement is to live your life safely and without rabble-rousing (all the while maintaining your Constitutional right to self defense)....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans like you play this childish game of "I know you are but what am I"
We all know the hate comes from the far right. You must hate gays as you bar their right to marry. You hate blacks as evident from the Republican effort to deny them their vote. You hate women as you can't even support equal pay for equal work or support birth control through health insurance.
Democrats & those on the left support equal rights for all.
Actually, we just hate retarded phags like you (and NOT actual mentally-retarded or gay people). There is nothing worse on the planet than you and your ilk....
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fudging the numbers so people won't panic. The latest BLS jobs report for July also mentioned that "a large state" hadn't reported its numbers. That alone would alter the overall results.
No one blames Obama for the skyrocketing unemployment after the bottom fell out. We do blame him for not placing blame where it rightly belonged - with both parties - but especially his own party where F&F were concerned and urging banks to loosen lending standards to unqualified buyers.
Did you know 1 out of 4 people between the ages of 18 and 31 are still living with their parents - 5 years after Obama took office and after numerous failed attempts to stimulate the economy?
That's one statistic that isn't fudged and speaks reams about the real state of the economy.
How long is it supposed to take? And how can it possibly get better when Obamacare is making things worse?
upset again with the president.
oh no
Say it ain't so
LOL
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, what would happen if these ignorant, racist, bigoted dumbasses get political power. If Tea Party would have win in 2008, we would be in a deep depression as you idiots would have cut spending to match income.
"would have win"??

You're a real genius, lawn jockey...
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you rather the federal government with all the wasteful spending and lack of oversight make your health care decisions for you - much less the IRS for cryin' out loud?
Or - if these programs are part of the landscape anyway - states decide and manage that money on a local level and on an as needed basis?
Which one would waste more money? Which one would manage it more effectively?
Any reasonable person would choose the states. But I know you like to argue. So go ahead and tell me why the federal government would manage our health care better and why that makes you smarter than me.
If what the President does makes you mad,
President Obama must be doing something right! ;-)
-
For five years President Obama has be President of the United States and you my dear,
have been typing.
Who says there is no justice in this world
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's tricky rick!
Stay in the Hawaiian chinaman kitchen where you can do some good, Donger!! We need food!!
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Rep Rangel...and Crackers...

Caught using....

Beautiful words to discribe the Tea Party...

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
upset again with the president.
oh no
Say it ain't so
LOL
Pipe down little gayboy; this is the manly hour. We'll cue you when its time for guttersnipe commentary....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."
The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.
"There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems," said Al Hubbard, Bush's former chief economic adviser, who left the White House in December 2007. "Had we, we would have attacked them."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo... ;
just take responsibility for voting for Bush. quit trying to blame everything that Bush screwed up on the democrats. it's not the way it happened and you know it.
You left this part out.

"There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.

"Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies..."

Then there's this WSJ article regarding the Senate Banking Committee introducing a bill in 2005 to oversee the housing lending standards.

"In light of the current financial crisis, this bill was probably the most important piece of financial regulation before Congress in 2005 and 2006. All the Republicans on the Committee supported the bill, and all the Democrats voted against it.

"If the Democrats had let the 2005 legislation come to a vote, the huge growth in the subprime and Alt-A loan portfolios of Fannie and Freddie could not have occurred, and the scale of the financial meltdown would have been substantially less."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222129488114...

Then there's the Congressional hearings in 2004 to rein in Frank Raines and Fannie and Freddie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

If you haven't figured out by now it's only the Democrats who blame Republicans - loudly, often and conspicuously - without a hint of reflecting on their role, you're probably too gullible.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

OK leftist phags, its time for the morning edition of "learnin ta spell wit jeantel".

The word for this morning is "Bofum".

Now lets have lil rachel use it in a sentence:

"ma couz cleo mix up two purple dranks and offer me one, but I says "ah want bofum".....
Tits Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
"would have win"??
You're a real genius, lawn jockey...
"A better way to make statement?" You're in good company garbageman.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Poor Injun Joe Sonic!! He may just drink himself to death there on the res......

Post-Zimmerman: CNN Viewership Drops 32%, HLN 50%
501 1 62

by John Nolte 3 Aug 2013, 6:19 AM PDT

Considering their previous lows, both CNN and HLN enjoyed respectable viewer gains in the month of July, but the latest ratings that look at a full week of post-Zimmerman trial viewership shows that both networks might be falling back to earth. TV Newser reports that last week, CNN saw its viewership plummet -32%. HLN fared even worse with a -50% drop-off.

Fox News, however, continues to dominate its cable news competition. In all of cable, Fox beat CNN and MSNBC combined during primetime and ranked 4th in total primetime viewers, behind only the USA Network, TNT, and the History Channel.

In total day viewers, Fox News ranked 5th in all of cable.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh, those crazy negroes are at it again!!

Teen With Muscular Dystrophy Beaten, Robbed & Dumped Over Hill
August 1, 2013 11:57 PM

Reporting Brenda Waters

PITTSBURGH (KDKA)— Beaten, robbed and tossed over a hillside like a bag of trash, that’s how an angry father describes what happened to his 15-year-old son. And the attacker, he says, is the boy’s best friend.

The victim, Allan Littlejohn, 15, has a form of muscular dystrophy. His father, also named Allan, says his son wears braces on his legs, walks with a limp, and has poor balance.

The teen’s father told KDKA’s Brenda Waters his son’s friend, a 16-year-old, called him Tuesday night, asking him to go to the store. That was around 10:30 p.m. At some point, something went terribly wrong and the friend turned on him, his father said.

Nearly 24 hours later, on Wednesday at 9:30 p.m., the teen was found crawling up a steep hill at Grandview Park on Mount Washington.

“I went looking for him, I filed a missing [person's] police report. I went in to the kid’s house and asked him where he was at and he said he didn’t know anything, and then my son, they called me, they said he crawled out of the park,” he said.

The victim’s father says his son’s best friend of three years is responsible for the beating, resulting in a concussion and bleeding of the ears and nose.

“He grabbed my son by the neck, choked him out, stepped on his face, robbed him, stabbed him in the neck, took his cellphone so he couldn’t call for help. He was in Grandview Park, took him and threw him over the hill,” he said.“He was 21 feet down.”
Tits Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

OK leftist phags, its time for the morning edition of "learnin ta spell wit jeantel".
"ma couz cleo mix up two purple dranks and offer me one, but I says "ah want bofum".....
Nah, it's probably more like time for the morning edition of beat up the assistant loadmaster (wheelchocker?) Two American soldiers are loading a plane with over a million dollars worth of munitions at Barksdale in Louisiana bound for someplace they neither need or want it. The first one says, "Cletus, iff'n we steal a little of this stuff everyday, in a few years we'd be RICH!" The second American sojur thinks about it and says, "Sure, Billy Joe, but who's gonna fly the plane?"
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
"A better way to make statement?" You're in good company garbageman.
What are you babbling about gramps? Glad you got the wheels on your chair unfrozen. PB Blaster?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

"Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac and particularly at Freddie Mae under the outstanding leadership of Mr. Frank Raines."
Maxine Waters (D) at 2004 Congressional Hearing

"I'm pissed off...because if it wasn't for you, I don't think we'd be here in the first place...there has been nothing indicated that is wrong with Fannie Mae..."
Gregory Meeks (D) at 2004 Congressional Hearing

"This hearing is about the political lynching of Frank Raines."
Lacy Clay (D) at 2004 Congressional Hearing

"There is a very simple solution. Congress must create a new regulator with powers at least equal to those of other financial regulators."
Ed Royce (R) at 2004 Congressional Hearing

"I'm tempted to ask how many people in this room are on the payroll of Fannie Mae."
Christopher Shays (R) at Congressional Hearing

Everyone should see the gist of that hearing for themselves and decide who really could have prevented the crisis even as far back as 2004.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You left this part out.
"There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.
"Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies..."
Then there's this WSJ article regarding the Senate Banking Committee introducing a bill in 2005 to oversee the housing lending standards.
"In light of the current financial crisis, this bill was probably the most important piece of financial regulation before Congress in 2005 and 2006. All the Republicans on the Committee supported the bill, and all the Democrats voted against it.
"If the Democrats had let the 2005 legislation come to a vote, the huge growth in the subprime and Alt-A loan portfolios of Fannie and Freddie could not have occurred, and the scale of the financial meltdown would have been substantially less."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222129488114...
Then there's the Congressional hearings in 2004 to rein in Frank Raines and Fannie and Freddie.
If you haven't figured out by now it's only the Democrats who blame Republicans - loudly, often and conspicuously - without a hint of reflecting on their role, you're probably too gullible.
Democrats who blame Republicans -
loudly,
often
and conspicuously
thus
winning the popular vote for President of the United States
in four of the last five elections.

There is some justice in this world!
YAY

off to lunch so carol can entertain with her youtube collection
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
Tits Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh, those crazy negroes are at it again!!
Teen With Muscular Dystrophy Beaten, Robbed & Dumped Over Hill
August 1, 2013 11:57 PM
Reporting Brenda Waters
PITTSBURGH (KDKA)— Beaten, robbed and tossed over a hillside like a bag of trash, that’s how an angry father describes what happened to his 15-year-old son. And the attacker, he says, is the boy’s best friend.
The victim, Allan Littlejohn, 15, has a form of muscular dystrophy. His father, also named Allan, says his son wears braces on his legs, walks with a limp, and has poor balance.
The teen’s father told KDKA’s Brenda Waters his son’s friend, a 16-year-old, called him Tuesday night, asking him to go to the store. That was around 10:30 p.m. At some point, something went terribly wrong and the friend turned on him, his father said.
Nearly 24 hours later, on Wednesday at 9:30 p.m., the teen was found crawling up a steep hill at Grandview Park on Mount Washington.
“I went looking for him, I filed a missing [person's] police report. I went in to the kid’s house and asked him where he was at and he said he didn’t know anything, and then my son, they called me, they said he crawled out of the park,” he said.
The victim’s father says his son’s best friend of three years is responsible for the beating, resulting in a concussion and bleeding of the ears and nose.
“He grabbed my son by the neck, choked him out, stepped on his face, robbed him, stabbed him in the neck, took his cellphone so he couldn’t call for help. He was in Grandview Park, took him and threw him over the hill,” he said.“He was 21 feet down.”
Well, it seems obvious that you haven't considered that the boy with Muscular Dystrophy was being a prick. It's like you when you think about it. You're a white guy, living in a hidey-hole in the desert with George Zimmerman. What's to stop him from holding you down and shooting you in the chest over the solar-powered remote? After all he might be tired of watching re-runs of American Idol by now and of stoopidly shooting at grape Nehi bottles all day? You're an asshole, how do you know the other child wasn't too? Think a little before you chat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 882,861 - 882,880 of1,034,436
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Mothra 43,021
Bundy Family Unearths BLM Mass Cattle Grave 13 min Filthy trash government 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min Bernie_Boy 65,165
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 167,658
Abby 4-20 1 hr Cass 4
GOOGLE Ignores EASTER every year 1 hr Buckeye 2
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr It is Time 3,781
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 96,145
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance