Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
882,861 - 882,880 of 1,082,717 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem was not solely low income buyers, but others who got caught up in a housing bubble and paid far more than their homes were worth.
No amount of legislation can cure stupidity.
"No amount of legislation can cure stupidity."

To Congress: "Physician, heal thyself"

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an elite from the government and labor unions?
Just kidding. I agree that congress and the president should be included in Obamacare. It would be the best healthcare in history.
Are you saying that union members are exempt because they already have their own insurance? Most working people fall into that category both in the private sector and public employees.
Yeah but it sounds a lot more nefarious if you say unions are exempt as a political favor/payback.
TheIndependentMa jority

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100% but my worst fear on the campaign trail other than someone asking me what I sexted today, is someone asking me why Obama is such a failure. I must have that list of students that Obama's handlers pepper the audience with whenever he is about to go off the teleprompter.
We left-wing, ivory-tower, we-know-best elitists HAVE TO praise Obamanomics, but it isn't working. And I'm afraid someone in the audience will shout out what the press doesn't report. Like the following:
First-quarter gross domestic product numbers for 2013 were recently revised -- downward from 1.8 percent to 1.1 percent. For perspective, four years into the recovery from the last deep recession in '81-'82, the economy grew at 4.1 percent.
What about the declining "labor force participation rate"?
This counts the percentage of civilians 16 years and older working or actively looking for work. When President Barack Obama took office, the labor force participation rate was 65.7. Today it is 63.4, up 0.1 from April's 34-year low. Frustrated, many able-bodied and able-minded would-be workers have simply given up looking for jobs.
The number of people receiving federally subsidized food assistance today exceeds the number of full-time, private-sector working Americans. The number of Americans receiving foods stamps (now called SNAP) has reached 47.5 million, increasing an average of 13 percent a year from 2008 to 2012. Almost 9 million disabled American workers currently collect federal Social Security benefits -- double the number of disabled in the late '90s -- many admitting that they could work, but choose not to look.
Just to break even -- to keep pace with new entrants into the market -- the economy must produce 150,000 jobs per month. To date, Obama's four years of recovery have produced 4,657,000 jobs -- an average of 97,020 per month. At this juncture in the '80s, following the last big recession, the economy had produced 11.2 million new jobs, or 233,333 per month.
Even left-wing media outlets like ABC and The Washington Post cannot pretend that this is normal so they have to downplay this and report important things, like say emails about fishing intercepted from the first year Sarah Palin was Governor. About the advance estimate of the most recent quarter's dismal 1.7 percent growth, a Post business writer said: "It isn't even mediocre. It's terrible. It's a sign of the diminished economic expectations ... that it's anything to crow about at all. ABC called this latest report "disappointing." Of course, neither ABC nor The Washington Post attributed the disappointing results to anything President Obama has done.
I can't sleep at night with worry that someone will ask me why Obama and the Democrats are leading the country into a third world abyss and don't care about the middle class, and that's when I cheer myself up with a self photo shoot. Tweet, Tweet.
You weiners really need to keep you clothes on while poliTicing though.

OTHERWISE, You'll GAG and puke the ones with any actual mind activity...causing an overrun on plaskit barf bag usage, which then causes garbage waste managment issues, which then causes excessive, non-biodegradable type material, which then causes increased water pollution, which then causes clean water supply depletion, which then cause a continued cycle stemmed from initial toxic plague waste.

So don't be a weiner, keep your clothes ON-WORMS.
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Oh my. I just saw hurtful judgeits. I guess SOMEONE didn't like my last post, but they need to man up (gotta Tweet that :) and think about it what I posted, if we Democrats don't want to be known as the inmates running the Washington Asylum.

Like, at 1 recent campaign stop, someone in the audience yelled out I’m disgusting and Obama is no Ronald Reagan. Well I think I am pretty special and about Obama: Of course not!

President Ronald Reagan took an entirely different course than has Obama. Reagan dramatically lowered taxes, reduced the speed of domestic spending and continued deregulation policies of Jimmy Carter. The economy took off, and 3 years into recovery, had produced an 8.9% increase in civilian employment -- almost 9 million jobs, with a post-recovery GDP that averaged over 5%.

The Reagan recovery was no aberration. Spending and tax cuts between 1922 and 1929 gave us the so-called "roaring '20s," when unemployment fell from 6.7% to 3.2%, and real gross national product grew at an annual average rate of 4.7%.

Similarly, when President George W. Bush lowered taxes, the economy took off, and the unemployment rate went down to a low of 4.4 in 2006.

So we Democrats brag about the robust Clinton economy. But what we don’t say (because we know it is true) President Bill Clinton inherited an economy in its 22nd month of recovery. And Democrat historians ignore the economy-damaging measures that Clinton attempted -- most notably HillaryCare -- but could not pull off because Republicans stopped him.

74% of small-business owners say they plan to reduce hours, put off hiring or fire people to minimize the impact of ObamaCare. ObamaCare kicks in at 50 employees and applies to full-time workers. So employers keep the number of workers under 50 and-or reduce hours to less than full-time (30 hours or more), and they get around ObamaCare. What this does to the economy and job creation is another story.

In 2009, Obama's economic team outlined the path of the economy "if we do nothing" versus the path of the economy with Obama's plans for stimulus and ObamaCare. Team Obama predicted an unemployment rate, at this point in the recovery, of 5%-- with his "stimulus." If Obama did nothing, they predicted, unemployment would reach 5% by the beginning of 2014. Today unemployment is at 7.4%, artificially low considering the number of people who have given up.

What will it take for us Democrats to say we were wrong?

How many more Americans must remain unemployed or underemployed before the left stops blaming G.W. Bush, the GOP-led House or global warming?

Historically, the deeper the recession, the higher the bounce back. Since World War II, this recovery has been by far the weakest. The question is why.

Our history shows that
...burdening the productive through higher taxes, especially during sluggishness, hurts the economy.
...Imposing billions of dollars in new federal regulations, as this administration has done, hurts the economy.
...Placing nearly 1/7th of the nation's economy -- via ObamaCare -- under the control of the federal government hurts the economy.

This woman last yelled out that this is an arrogant administration led by a man distrustful of the private sector and devoid of experience in it.

Someone else screamed Obama is cheered and emboldened by a compliant media that would "report" relentlessly on the "jobless recovery of President X" were these the economic numbers of a Republican president.

Stacked with power-assuming administrative "czars," the Obama administration fancies itself enlightened and noble, in complete possession of the wisdom needed to know from whom to take and to whom to give. Kind of like the Obama-loving left wing posters here, am I right or am I right?

Therefore, to paraphrase my wife's BFF, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, "What difference do these bad numbers make?"

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>Conservatives still don't know that in spite of their obstruction Obama's leadership has helped us add new private sector jobs for over 40 straight months.

Good grief!
Fast food jobs!!!

Olive Garden restaurants ALREADY put ALL their employees as part timers in ALL their restaurants, thanks to the incompetent man-child Obama!

The ONLY state that is creating REAL jobs are CONSERVATIVE lead states like TEXAS which created 40% of all new jobs!!!

See? Liberals are ALWAYS wrong, ALWAYS!

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>“The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately,” Obama said.

UNFORTUNATELY????

Barack Hussein O'bama making GW Bush look like the smartest president in recent history.
Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!

The only reason that black Muslim won was because of the Liberal press.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100% but my worst fear on the campaign trail other than someone asking me what I sexted today, is someone asking me why Obama is such a failure. I must have that list of students that Obama's handlers pepper the audience with whenever he is about to go off the teleprompter.
We left-wing, ivory-tower, we-know-best elitists HAVE TO praise Obamanomics, but it isn't working. And I'm afraid someone in the audience will shout out what the press doesn't report. Like the following:
First-quarter gross domestic product numbers for 2013 were recently revised -- downward from 1.8 percent to 1.1 percent. For perspective, four years into the recovery from the last deep recession in '81-'82, the economy grew at 4.1 percent.
What about the declining "labor force participation rate"?
This counts the percentage of civilians 16 years and older working or actively looking for work. When President Barack Obama took office, the labor force participation rate was 65.7. Today it is 63.4, up 0.1 from April's 34-year low. Frustrated, many able-bodied and able-minded would-be workers have simply given up looking for jobs.
The number of people receiving federally subsidized food assistance today exceeds the number of full-time, private-sector working Americans. The number of Americans receiving foods stamps (now called SNAP) has reached 47.5 million, increasing an average of 13 percent a year from 2008 to 2012. Almost 9 million disabled American workers currently collect federal Social Security benefits -- double the number of disabled in the late '90s -- many admitting that they could work, but choose not to look.
Just to break even -- to keep pace with new entrants into the market -- the economy must produce 150,000 jobs per month. To date, Obama's four years of recovery have produced 4,657,000 jobs -- an average of 97,020 per month. At this juncture in the '80s, following the last big recession, the economy had produced 11.2 million new jobs, or 233,333 per month.
Even left-wing media outlets like ABC and The Washington Post cannot pretend that this is normal so they have to downplay this and report important thitercepted from the first year Sarah Palin was Governor. About the advance estimate of the most recent quarter's dismal 1.7 percent growth, a Post business writer said: "It isn't even mediocre. It's terrible. It's a sign of the diminished economic expectations ... that it's anything to crow about at all. ABC called this latest report "disappointing." Of course, neither ABC nor The Washington Post attributed the disappointing results to anything President Obama has done.
I can't sleep at night with worry that someone will ask me why Obama and the Democrats are leading the country into a third world abyss and don't care about the middle class, and that's when I cheer myself up with a self photo shoot. Tweet, Tweet.
Slow economic growth is the effects of the Bush recession & the inability for Congress to pass legislation to help thanks to obstructionist Republicans who still think (After 2012) that this will help them win more seats in 2014.

As for Food Stamps I love how you lying POSs add 2008 to Obama's tally.

Bush increased food stamp participation by a higher percentage & you never said squat.

The labor participation rate has bee dropping for a lot longer than Obama has been President & attributable to changes in demographics.

Bitch abut only 160K new jobs while you forgot Obama took office with a growing trend of monthly job losses in the 750K range.

Comparing this recession to the one under Reagan is beyond stupid.

The stimulus bill went a long way towards our recovery then anther tragedy struck out country. Republicans took the House & they decoded to just say no. No to more stimulus, no to more jobs. No to helping their own country. After voting yes yes yes to unfunded spending for 6 years under Bush , they decided that spending is the problem & its all Obama's fault.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Sorry, Republicans, but another one of your tough talking anti-Obama heroes has bitten the dust.

BrewerÂ’s office alerted the local media yesterday that she was going to be meeting Obama at the airport in order to hit him up for some disaster relief funds.

As The New York Daily News put it,“President Obama returned to the Wild West on Tuesday and this time around, he got a warm welcome from Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer.” It’s looks like Jan Brewer has got herself a new best friend.

Gov. Brewer needs Obama to declare the Yarnell Hill fire a federal disaster. If the president declares the fire a federal disaster, then the Brewer can get her hands on federal disaster relief funds.

Here is the way this works for red state Republicans. Obama is evil and ruining the country. Their states are doing well because theyÂ’ve stuck to conservative values and done it all on their own. However, once something goes wrong in their state and they need federal money, all of the sudden, Barack isnÂ’t such a bad guy.

Republicans talk tough and issue harshly worded statements, but the hypocrisy revealed by their own behavior is difficult to miss. A less compassionate president might hold a grudge and tell Brewer to pull herself up by her own bootstraps, but thatÂ’s not Obama.

Jan Brewer is another in a long line of Republican hypocrites who hate “big government” and this president until they need something.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/06/jan-br...

it's called a 'Christie'.

happens all the time.
Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!

That is not Obama's money, you idiot, it is tax payers money!!!

We have the right to get OUR own money back instead of sending it up to Egypt, you idiot!

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Yet another libtard blaming the costs of decades of the Democrats policies on Bush.
Just how pathetic are you people?
Bush cause Detroit to go bankrupt!

Obama created 40% of new jobs in Texas!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>It is a lot better than the reform the Republicans passed. Oh wait, in the 14 years with Congressional control 1995 thru 2006 they didn't even try.

You evidently are too stupid to realize that many who do not support the law do so because it does not go far enough.

You don't support it because you mooch your healthcare off the government.
"because it does not go far enough."

Like telling us what to eat, and who can get transplants, right?

Little girl denied lung transplant by Liberals under Obamacare!
TheIndependentMa jority

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow economic growth is the effects of the Bush recession & the inability for Congress to pass legislation to help thanks to obstructionist Republicans who still think (After 2012) that this will help them win more seats in 2014.
As for Food Stamps I love how you lying POSs add 2008 to Obama's tally.
Bush increased food stamp participation by a higher percentage & you never said squat.
The labor participation rate has bee dropping for a lot longer than Obama has been President & attributable to changes in demographics.
Bitch abut only 160K new jobs while you forgot Obama took office with a growing trend of monthly job losses in the 750K range.
Comparing this recession to the one under Reagan is beyond stupid.
The stimulus bill went a long way towards our recovery then anther tragedy struck out country. Republicans took the House & they decoded to just say no. No to more stimulus, no to more jobs. No to helping their own country. After voting yes yes yes to unfunded spending for 6 years under Bush , they decided that spending is the problem & its all Obama's fault.
Yup, cause despite how hard you wahwahwahitawrlbushesfault libuhrulTic type worms whine, theyz NO Bush as potus now .

About time you figured it out.

Duhmmy.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You people are not white, you're cracker! How real is this? " White folks are upset &, baffled that a black president would recognize that he's black, also a leader &, in the right position to speak on the subject. You forgot, he was raised by white people do, it's a good chance he's seen white privilege up close & personal. Then to grow up&, face the experiences he spoke on, who better to speak on the topic than him? It's a miracle that he didn't come right in office &, try to fix America's undercover injustices from day 1, through executive order. Good thing he believes in fairness &, equality!
Why did the black racist caucus said "If Obama were white we would be demonstrating in the streets"?

Because 40% of blacks had being DIRECTLY hurt by Obama's Liberal policies.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
NEW YORK (Reuters)– A former Manhattan madam who is running for New York City comptroller was arrested and charged with selling prescription pills for cash, FBI officials said on Tuesday.

In the latest twist to a scandal-hit city campaign season, officials announced the arrest of 38-year-old Kristin Davis, who is running for the post also sought by former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only fools think that they can get something for nothing, like ObamaKKKare.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

--- 2nd Witch in Macbeth

Wiki - Something Wicked This Way Comes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Wicked...

Mr. Dark fits the Magic Negro to a T.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
lame
I know, it is lame to twist quotes to suit your agenda and I'm reluctant to point out such trivialities but I'm just tryin' to help.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
In a rare political appearance after losing the 2012 presidential election, Mitt Romney made a strong statement Tuesday against a movement in the Republican Party that would allow a government shutdown as a means of defunding Obamacare.

"I badly want Obamacare to go away, and stripping it of funds has appeal," Romney said at a private GOP fundraiser in Wolfeboro, N.H., in remarks quoted by the Washington Post. "But we need to exercise great care about any talk of shutting down government. What would come next?”

Romney said a shutdown could have serious consequences, including soldiers going unpaid, seniors missing out on Medicare and Social Security checks, and FBI agents being forced off duty, according to the Post.

"I’m afraid that in the final analysis, Obamacare would get its funding, our party would suffer in the next elections, and the people of the nation would not be happy,” he added.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
Here come the Liberals attempting to blame Obama's sequestration and government shutdown on Republicans!

Sequestration was incompetent Obama's idea he SIGNED into law, HIMSELF.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE NOT A BLACK MAN YOU ARE A BIGOT you dont rep for the BLACK COMMUNITY YOU REP THE ****** community
Why are prisons full of black people?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Temporary payroll tax cuts mean slightly higher spending for those who live paycheck-to-paycheck, but do not change the psychology of the real earners.
... but that wasn't your point was it? Your point was to deny any such cuts took place.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
Where's Obama & Sharpton?
"Obmama Ignores 3 Black Teens Beating Up White Teen on Bus"
"Three black 15-year-old boys severely assaulted a 13-year-old white boy – allegedly because the white boy had told school authorities that one of the black boys tried to sell him drugs. The fight resulted in the victim having a broken arm and two black eyes."
Barack Obama, our racist President
http://www.usanewsfirst.com/2013/08/07/obmama...
If the Magic Negro had a son, he'd look like a Wanted Poster.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
hey lily...

The former executive director of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County was arrested last Friday for allegedly sexting with a 16-year-old girl.

During a child exploitation investigation conducted by the Los Angeles Police Department Mission Division, the girl told officers that Scott Hounsell, 30, had engaged in sexually explicit chats with her via a social media website. Police did not say what social media website was used.

The Los Angeles City AttorneyÂ’s Office issued a warrant for sending harmful matter to a child and Hounsell was arrested by the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. He was released on $40,000 bail Friday afternoon.

A spokesman for the Republican Party of Los Angeles County said Hounsell resigned June 15.

“Scott Hounsell is a former employee of RPLAC who resigned on June 15th. Until we were contacted by the LAPD today, we had absolutely no knowledge of any information relating to this case. We take this issue very seriously and will fully cooperate with law enforcement any way we can,” Jonathan Wilcox told CBS Los Angeles.

Firedoglake noted that Hounsell had mocked New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner on his personal Twitter account.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/06/former-...
Anthony Weiner?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,010
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 33 min Mister Tonka 97,568
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 37 min raphael 3,839
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 39 min LuckyGirlDidnt BARE Teeth 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min CDC 48,966
Chicago the murder capital of the U.S.? Let's g... 45 min AlsoTheNegraMurderCapitol 2
Am 7-29 47 min Kuuipo 7
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••