Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
882,661 - 882,680 of 1,085,014 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxation advocates always fail to acknowledge that people will change their behavior in response to tax laws.
The tanning tax will likely result in a net revenue loss because of decreased employment and profits in that business.
Just like those who don't think the NYSE will leave town if the city taxes stock transactions.
That's silly! A meagre 10% tax on tanning salon services is too low to effect the buying behavior of the wealthy enough people who can afford to go to tanning salons. I guarantee that they won't fore-go the pleasure of getting a tan because the price goes up a dime on the dollar.
rahm Jizzbucket emanuel

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Since bo is so concerned about an individuals rights from what he said on Leno last night, I wonder when he will talk to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, Pakistan, the ENTIRE Middle East regarding their treatment of gays, lesbians and women. I'm sure it will be very soon!
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Do We Want School or Education?
As our world continues to unravel in response to the impact of our uneconomic activities on ecological systems, it is obviously worth asking searching questions about the nature of modern society. By doing this we can make intelligent decisions about the direction in which we should move as we thoughtfully respond to the interrelated crises we face.

Robert J. Burrowes

For many people, the central question is this: Will tinkering with human society be enough to get us out of this mess? Many people think not and I am one of them. For the moment, however, rather than focus on the nature of the economy, political systems or other aspects of modern societies, I would like to discuss the issue of education.

For a long time, people in different parts of the world have struggled to expand access, including access for girls, to school. This struggle still takes place in many countries. But I want to add my name to the list of people who question whether school is the best way to get an education. And In essence, schools are designed to teach a disintegrated set of 'knowledge' and skills that are useful to those businesses and corporations which provide employment, however menial, in the mainstream economy. This schooling is taking place even now when there is little evidence to suggest that the mainstream economy is capable of providing full employment and, more importantly, there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that this economy will need to be utterly transformed if we are to survive the interrelated ecological threats to our survival.

there are many reasons why I believe it is not.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>LOL-you are a funny man.:) O'bama is showing what a baby he is in the world of international affairs. This temper tantrum will is being laughed at by those in power. I suggest O'stupid, does what he said he was going to do, and go talk to Iran without any preconditions.
You really have to wonder if Putin isn't really gay. Come out , Vlad and free your sexual libido.You'll feel better.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What are Constitution Free zones set up by O'bama's DHS?
lol! As usual, you bring up a point, then demand others fill in the blanks for you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What are Constitution Free zones set up by O'bama's DHS?
Obama established the DHS?

News to me, probably news to him too.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Obama to snub Putin at the G-20 while Kerry/Hagel will speak to Russia’s counterparts concerning Snowden ‘Laughable ‘ his action to snub Putin is a child trying to act macho Obama, Kerry, Hagel reminds me of the Three Stooges!!
Putin is taking the rejection much harder . He's pouting like a 2 year old just told that he's getting a bath before bedtime.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Do We Want School or Education;Let me briefly state some problems with school: it is highly damaging physically, sensorily, intellectually and emotionally. Schooling requires the child to spend six hours each day sitting in a school classroom, for up to 13 years. Physically, the classroom utterly destroys posture and movement patterns because the human body is designed to move regularly. If you have ever witnessed the grace of movement of a village African who has never been to school, then you know this too.

Sensorily, the best classroom is devoid of stimulus compared to nature and this exacts a heavy cost by dramatically curtailing the child's learning opportunities as well as stifling the development of its sensory capacities themselves. Have you ever been awestruck by what an indigenous person raised in a natural environment can learn from a smell, a touch or a breath of wind, or how they can track an animal?

Intellectually, the school classroom offers a mind-numbingly boring and incredibly limited range of topics all taught in lock-step as if each child was identical and had the same interests and learning rates.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Obamacare will have the same effect as FF ‘One Huge Sucking Sound ’ on the Taxpayers Dollars!!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>there again you are using & depending on someone elses money to risk.
Isn't that what banks do?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, you obviously contradict yourself.
But that's no surprise. You're a contradiction to begin with!
Says the guy whose posts are always a contradiction. But he/she must.. be excused because he/she is a Barack Hussein Obama disciple??
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are two ports in that area of Yemen for oil export mostly. Al Qaeda has tried to blow one of the ports up but the attempt was foiled by Yemen intel/military.
Yemen's government needs help in fending of AQ, the US is providing the best satellite intel on the planet in combination with some well placed drone strikes. Six AQ types were killed during the past 48 hrs with dozens wounded.
We can't send troops to the middle East__that just becomes too fn ugly__yet that's the path that Republican leadership would take.
Drone's, cruise missiles etc. are the only viable options available to the US. Even our mercenary army, the highly paid CIA operatives and contractors have been exposed and exploited by eager journalists and no nothing talking heads.
We've cut back militarily in the middle East under Obama but we can't pull out.
That's what I find so comically funny...

... cons were all gung ho for going into the middle east under bushie boy, but cry like babies to get COMPLETELY out of the ME under Obama.

They're so confused about what they want.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Do We Want School or Education Most importantly of all, however, the school classroom helps to destroy children emotionally because it requires the child to be submissively obedient to its teachers. This means it must consciously and unconsciously, all day, every day, fearfully suppress its awareness of the feelings that evolution intended would guide its behaviour at that time, including those that would guide its self-directed learning.

Do you remember being stuck in a classroom, feeling utterly bored while staring out of the window wishing you were running around free outside? The problem is that as we grew older our fear made us learn to suppress our awareness of our feeling of boredom, which was telling us an important truth about how we were spending our time. But this feeling of boredom (as well as the fear that suppressed it and the anger that it 'acceptably' represented) still lives deep in our unconscious playing an unconscious part in shaping our behaviour even today (including by making us able to 'tolerate' a host of other boring activities, including those at work). Many other suppressed feelings are similarly stored. If you had the power, what do you wish had been your childhood now? What do you want for our children?

I wonder, therefore, if we might not usefully take some time to reconceive our concept of education and how it might be delivered in the world that must now rapidly emerge, so that education might play a useful role in shaping that emergence.

Since: Aug 13

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrat candidate in 2016 will be an Obama surrogate.
Hillary will not run because of her age and health.
You hope that's the case. Regan was older.

Since: Aug 13

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another example of selective enforcement of ObamaKKKare and special favors for the few.
ObamaKKKare? Then you should be for it. It's got your favorite club name right in the middle. Universal healthcare. That says special favor for the few. Yep.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor slur sling racist POS Eed. Ever notice how many old people (Eed & his hero Paula Dean) sling slurs?
We closed embassies & evacuated Americans in a move that many high ranking Republicans agree. Your dumbass "bring it on" attitude would put Americans at risk for no gain. Now we can go after those who caused this threat giving them few options to retaliate.
I'm all for taking way their targets & sending in the drones. Dumbass Eed would leave the targets there & ignore the threat. This is how senile old old Eed has become.
"real dumb"
The coward has spoken one more time. The hell with American territory, let the terrorists make the decisions, they threaten and the boy president, nobama caves, he runs. Republican, democrat makes no difference, they are cowing to terrorists. Whats next?
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should people in their 20's be covered for hip replacement?
"dumos"
Why should anyone be forced to buy a product they may not, do not want or need?
Peace
KMA
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Obamacare will have the same effect as FF ‘One Huge Sucking Sound ’ on the Taxpayers Dollars!!

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Filner may not have done anything illegal with respect to these women, although the FBI is reportedly investigating him for unrelated financial irregularities, including extortion of developers.
Filner is just a lecher, a grabber, a hugger, and a pig.
"John Galt"
filner is a a liberal loon, "silly's" type of man.
Peace
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Where's Homer?

He hasn't been around since the SSI collecting right winger blew three people away at a city council meeting in Homer's neck of the woods.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 13 min obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 47 min andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 48 min andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 265
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,466
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,124
'African' stowaway's body found on US military ... 2 hr BAN UR sorry fooking azz 3
Ask Amy 8-1-14 4 hr Shari23 19
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE