Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#960478 Aug 6, 2013
This is a little brain teaser for all the liberals.

The IRS targeting investigation has identified emails between high ranking IRS and federal elections officials.

The investigation is also meeting resistance from high ranking IRS and federally elected officials to overturn all emails.

Now...let's see...what president resisted turning over requested tapes in another cover-up investigation and was forced to resign?

Raise your hands.

Orlando, FL

#960479 Aug 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to blame the increase in part time employment on "Obamacare" is a Republican witch hunt.
Here's a snippet from a December, the U.S. Department of Labor Report:
Another important indicator of labor market dif&#64257; culty, the
number of persons working part time for economic reasons, has
suggested a softening in the demand for labor since about mid-
2006. Sometimes referred to as involuntary part time workers and viewed as underemployed, these individuals wanted full-time jobs but worked less than 35 hours during the survey reference week primarily due to slack work (a reduction in hours in response to unfavorable business conditions) or the inability to &#64257;nd full-time work.
In November 2008, 7.3 million persons were employed part time for economic reasons, up by 3.4 million from a recent low of 3.9 million
in April 2006." That's right, under Bush, the number of unemployed doubled in just the last two years of his presidency. That is the legacy he left for Obama.
You people really need to stop pointing a finger at Obama because there are four fingers pointing right back at you. Funny how you people always expect Obama to reverse the negative trends which began under your beloved Bushy Boy.
http://www.bls.gov/opub/ils/pdf/opbils71.pdf
Obama screwed up the economy and a speedier recovery because of his precious Obamacare which is scaring the hell out of those who wrote the damn thing...'scuse my French.

Now go back inside your insulated bubble of denial. You won't be able to stay there much longer. Might as well enjoy it while you can.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#960480 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Did anyone else know there were a significant number of hard-core terrorists who escaped from several prisons in several Middle Eastern countries recently?
I just found out about it myself yesterday.
Obama must have been too busy talking about a local news story his liberal media created to keep us racially divided.
Also, how did some of you hear about the massive closing of embassies around the world?
Did I miss the president's press briefing about this too?
Guess the most important story was him calling a gay athlete to congratulate him for coming out of the closet.
Yes, you have obviously been out of the loop. The story about the terrorists who escaped the prison in Pakistan, Indonesia, Iraq has been all over the news. Since these all happened in foreign countries, it doesn't warrant any special announcement by the State Department.

As far bas the "massive closing of embassies around the world", you have obviously tuned yourself out. The State Department has held press briefing on more than occasion regarding the closings.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/01...

Orlando, FL

#960481 Aug 6, 2013
Lordy, my head hurts from beating it against a liberal brick wall again today.

But I tried to do my best to put a little crack in that thick cement.

And, of course, I'll keep trying. Later.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#960482 Aug 6, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Okay you Repub wackos I'm still hung up on this NSA thing were you think they are listening to your calls and reading your emails. It's estimated there are 3 to 4 Billion calls and emails per DAY just in the US. If we go by the low 3 Billion and each is read or listened in on just for 1 minute that's 50,000,000 hours per day. How many people does it take to listen in or read 50 Million hours of info per day?
Repub math.
You have the Mind's Eye of a newborn infant.
And the full diaper.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#960483 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck Hagel, as it turns out, is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Obama appointed him to join the other wolves in your party. So he's on your side. We don't want him.
Oh yeah, and I guess according to you that Everett Dirksen also was a traitor to the GOP for accepting President Lyndon B . Johnson's request in leading the fight to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Lapeer, MI

#960484 Aug 6, 2013
shrimp_on_a_treadmill wrote:
Matt Damon, Liberals, and where does a movie stars kids go to school....
Not in LA public school's
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/0...
I once heard a radio interview of Matt Damon years back and it ruined my assessment of him forever. He is a complete jerk with a cherry-on-top. Typical hypocritical Hollywood swill.

He's got his balls in his mouth.

Location hidden

#960486 Aug 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probably calling legal aide to see if he can sue you.!!
Eman gets steamed and tattles on me to the Topix moderators. They block me and then I point out the ways the right wing morons abuse the site and just open a new login. I'm having fun using this as an object lesson to point out the hypocrisy of these idiots.

Orlando, FL

#960487 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how that was five years before the invasion.
Funny how that's complete BS, remember the UN rejected Bush's proposed action.
Funny how the only lie was that there were no WMD in 2003 or 2004 or 2005 ...
Funny how the UN threatened "serious consequences".

Funny how 111 Democrats still knew what they already knew in 1998.

Funny how you're more gullible than I even imagined.

Funny how that lovebird liked dancing to polka. Let's stick to something that's really funny. Instead of you.

Lapeer, MI

#960488 Aug 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Mexicans are bleeding this country dry in every way possibly conceivable...
http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/00091...
...and our government seems to be more than happy to allow it. Between sending our industry south of the border, offering free housing, food, education and continuing to allow them to wire billions of U.S. dollars back to their kin still living in Mexico, the value of the dollar will be less than zero and those "next" generations will be fighting for scraps of bread in the stores. As one of Colorado's former state treasurers said, "We are running out of people to tax."
Wherever and whenever a vote can be bought, the Magic Negro is there with someone else's wallet open.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#960489 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama screwed up the economy and a speedier recovery because of his precious Obamacare which is scaring the hell out of those who wrote the damn thing...'scuse my French.
Now go back inside your insulated bubble of denial. You won't be able to stay there much longer. Might as well enjoy it while you can.
Who is it scaring?

Not businesses with under 50 employees

Of those businesses with more than 50, the vast majority already offer health care.

The only people that are afraid are Republicans. They know the longer it remains the more people will like it & the stats will prove it works. The more Republicans will look like idiots.

Why else would Republicans want to repeal it or defund it.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#960490 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
This is a little brain teaser for all the liberals.
The IRS targeting investigation has identified emails between high ranking IRS and federal elections officials.
The investigation is also meeting resistance from high ranking IRS and federally elected officials to overturn all emails.
Now...let's see...what president resisted turning over requested tapes in another cover-up investigation and was forced to resign?
Raise your hands.
What President's order to read Americans e-mails from major U S telecommunications giants caused a Constitutional crisis . I 'll give you a hint . The Administration insider who opposed the President's order on legal grounds was just appointed to head a government agency of the Justice Department.
LCN Llin

United States

#960491 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Independents lean right.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/...
Rand Paul - the choice of the plurality of conservatives at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
Young Libertarians big part of CPAC's audience, 52% of voters between the ages of 18 to 25.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/16...
Former black Democratic Rep. Artur Davis switched sides.
Black Louisiana State Senator Elbert Guillory recently switched sides and urged fellow blacks to join him.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...
Obama will make blacks vote Republican.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
...Now do not click on any of these links and ignore them.
Rand Paul is a Rino?
Rubio and Rino?
Lovely infighting continues
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960492 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
After the cherry picked fluff you can read the aggregate data Patrick:
"At a time when the Republican Party’s image is at a historic low, 62% of the public says the GOP is out of touch with the American people, 56% think it is not open to change and 52% say the party is too extreme."
http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/26/gop-se...
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 52% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents think the GOP leadership is talking the party in the wrong direction while just 37% think it's headed in the right direction.
"That disaffection is apparent in another measure: Just 21% of Americans in this survey identify themselves as Republicans, matching the fewest since November 2009. GOP allegiance has dropped from an annual average of 31% in 2003 to annual averages of 23 or 24% the past five years straight."
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/07/...
"At a time when the Republican Party’s image is at a historic low, 62% of the public says the GOP is out of touch with the American people, 56% think it is not open to change and 52% say the party is too extreme."

This is their problem from top to bottom. The t-p especially is trying to sell Americans a bill of goods that don't exist, doesn't benefit them, or only benefits a few.

They're still very much viewed as obstructionist to this day, and it doesn't appear they want to change or make any effort to change that perception anytime soon.
LCN Llin

United States

#960493 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the UN threatened "serious consequences".
Funny how 111 Democrats still knew what they already knew in 1998.
Funny how you're more gullible than I even imagined.
Funny how that lovebird liked dancing to polka. Let's stick to something that's really funny. Instead of you.
Report on a war that President Obama ended, troops out now lets leave Afghanistan and take care of America First.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960494 Aug 6, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read a book. A big one.
And then slam it shut hard on your head.
Maybe something'll stick.
Whenever LoisLane befuddles you, you walk off into a fog complaining and stay there yelling back at her.
Techniques that work on you don't necessarily work on others son.

You should follow your advice in this case more often. I think your problem here is your lack of effort.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960495 Aug 6, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is your Contention, but I do seriously believe Bush knew the 9/11/01 attacks where going to happen.
No, it's not my contention son.

It's a question to you to gain clarity on a point (I assume) you were making.

Apparently English isn't your primary language.
LCN Llin

United States

#960496 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it funny? They relied on the intel as given by bushie boy.
why would he lie?
but he did!!!
The GOP split seem widening.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960497 Aug 6, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go find a Community College that teaches critical thinking.
You need it.
I'd ask you for a recommendation but it's clear they've thrown you out!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960498 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck Hagel, as it turns out, is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Obama appointed him to join the other wolves in your party. So he's on your side. We don't want him.
Whoosh!

Just like that! Tossed under the bus!

Cons!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deat Abby 12-16 3 min cheluzal 48
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Edmond Pulpo 181,690
sexting on whatsapp 52 min cute_bwoy 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,874
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 1 hr Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr kal 49,174
best joke (Oct '09) 3 hr Always Smile 526
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News