Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275354 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960643 Aug 6, 2013
Cripple go to sleep? awwwww... Wake him up, he's a veteran ain't he?
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960644 Aug 6, 2013
Wake him up so's I can kill him.
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960645 Aug 6, 2013
I know you're in love with me and I know it scares you a little, scares me too. Tempus Fugit, my child, I'm a lover and I love you. Nice nails incidentally, baby girl, nice nails. Is that enough?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960646 Aug 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Congress has closed for a five-week vacation, leaving the rest of us to figure out what happened in the several days of yelling about bills that no one was willing to pass, and to ask whether there is anything left of the Republican Party. The best approach might be to put together a diagram of who hates whom in the G.O.P., except that the drawing would get too messy; you’d need an Etch A Sketch and, like Mitt Romney, after a while you’d just want to shake it.
To start simply: John McCain hates Rand Paul, so much that he suggested, to The New Republic’s Isaac Chotiner, that he might prefer Hillary Clinton for President. Chris Christie hates Rand Paul, so much so that he said he was not interested in having a beer with him. Rand Paul seems to hate Chris Christie, since he called him the King of Bacon and mocked him to an audience in Tennessee by saying,“Gimme, gimme, gimme—give me all my Sandy money now.” But then Christie had compared Paul to Charles Lindbergh—for his isolationism, not the aviation. What was strange about the Paul-Christie spat was that Charles Krauthammer and other observers spoke of it solemnly, as though it was the intellectual engagement on the future of foreign policy that the G.O.P. had been longing for. Really what we were talking about was Christie saying that
libertarians like Paul ought to come to Jersey and sit across from a 9/11 widow before saying that the N.S.A. shouldn’t collect all the information it wants to.
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closere...
Sounds like Bocajew lily doesn't believe in privacy except as a justification for abortion.

Those who support government snooping are on the wrong side of history.

(A blog from the New Yorker, a wonderful source.)

Rand Paul for President.
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960647 Aug 6, 2013
Aw... you don't mean you're scared of me, do ya? You should be, I'm a scary guy. C'mon republicans, play with Tonto.. he's a killer...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960648 Aug 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>So what do you think? too big to fail? seems like the O'bama NSA failed in Boston. But we got chatter, lots and lots chatter, more chatter than in the history of the United States, more chatter than before 9-11, which BTW liberals said over and over again no one listened to...but the chatter of O'bama is high, like in dope smoking high. Get under your desk, the terrorists are coming chatter.
The NSA failed in Boston because they will not investigate domestic Muslims.
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960649 Aug 6, 2013
As Tonto sit on the back porch listening to the waterfall into the Koi pond he consider... well, nothing really, Cecilla Bartoli which no republican could ever appreciate and he remember kissing her hand at the Kennedy Center and realizing that republicans could never love women let alone art. It's not in their nature. How sad. She was tired, she was beautiful, she told me she was tired but as I kissed her hand she brightened. She's a woman, will you never understand?
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960650 Aug 6, 2013
Republicans like other peoples' blood but they despise their own. How ironic.
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960651 Aug 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Bocajew lily doesn't believe in privacy except as a justification for abortion.
Those who support government snooping are on the wrong side of history.
(A blog from the New Yorker, a wonderful source.)
Rand Paul for President.
You're no one... you have nothing to say... how is it you consider yourself a master of the universe when you are ignorant of its core?

Hahahahahahahahahah
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960652 Aug 6, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill O funny.
US may need to speed withdrawal from Afghanistan and Islamic countries.
Not worth the bones of one US soldier.
trolls active today ;-)
Afghanistan is Obama's war.

Live with it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960653 Aug 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress refused to fund the closing ofGITMO.
Guantanamo needs to be kept open to keep those Muslim scumbags out of US courts.

Unless we just execute the lot.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#960654 Aug 6, 2013
Obama talked about improving the ports along the Gulf in North Carolina and Jacksonville, Florida, on Leno tonight.

Only their ports are on the Atlantic Ocean.

Never before have I heard such a bag of hot air and a bunch of trained seals who clapped on cue.

But we learned who invited who to the famous Obama/Hillary lunch date and that we need to invest in infrastructure and that this president thinks it's important to stand up for gays in countries who aren't kind to them.

Meanwhile, we're bracing for the possibility of another 9/11.

God help us.

Goodnight.
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960655 Aug 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Afghanistan is Obama's war.
Live with it.
Blah, blah, blah, don't you fools ever sleep?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960656 Aug 6, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
George W Bush a RINO now?
No
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960657 Aug 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>The 'Drone war' started in the Bush 43 Administration to little fanfare or criticism by Congress or the free press and continued under Obama has finally peaked and is declining as the two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have ended and allies like Pakistan, Yemen , Afghanistan, and Iraq take over more responsibility for their own defense. Secretary of State John Kerry just announced an agreement with Pakistan to end the 'drone war' there.
Obama is the only one to have executed American citizens without due process, by imperial decree.
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960658 Aug 6, 2013
You lack intellect, you lack incision... what is it you think you have? Money? I can take that from you in an instant. What is it you think keeps you alive? The rule of law?

Since: Aug 13

Kansas City, MO

#960659 Aug 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Obama care about American citizens in those countries, or just about embassy personnel?
How about security instead of cowardice?
Americans citizens were flown out of the country before the embassies were closed.

How's that for security?

Fox News..no facts, just hate.
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960660 Aug 6, 2013
You - don't - understand.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960661 Aug 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You don't understand the fundamentals of foreign policy. Caution is a virtue in any foreign policy. Closing the embassies for the few days at the height of Islam's holiest religious holiday suggests a respect for Moslems that I bet won't go unrecognized or unrewarded .
Gross stupidity on your part, Bocajew Jean.

Muslims have no respect for weakness, instead feast on the bones of the weak.
Tonto 2

Puteaux, France

#960662 Aug 6, 2013
You exist because I let you. Get it now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Agents of Corruption 196,959
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 6,408
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr pingpong 54,502
ask amy 8-29-15 3 hr Julie 4
abby 8-28-15 4 hr Mister Tonka 4
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 5 hr Tvlover 406
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 hr Red_Forman 1,347
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages