Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
LCN Llin

United States

#960491 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Independents lean right.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/...
Rand Paul - the choice of the plurality of conservatives at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
Young Libertarians big part of CPAC's audience, 52% of voters between the ages of 18 to 25.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/16...
Former black Democratic Rep. Artur Davis switched sides.
Black Louisiana State Senator Elbert Guillory recently switched sides and urged fellow blacks to join him.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...
Obama will make blacks vote Republican.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
...Now do not click on any of these links and ignore them.
Rand Paul is a Rino?
Rubio and Rino?
Lovely infighting continues
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960492 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
After the cherry picked fluff you can read the aggregate data Patrick:
"At a time when the Republican Party’s image is at a historic low, 62% of the public says the GOP is out of touch with the American people, 56% think it is not open to change and 52% say the party is too extreme."
http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/26/gop-se...
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 52% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents think the GOP leadership is talking the party in the wrong direction while just 37% think it's headed in the right direction.
"That disaffection is apparent in another measure: Just 21% of Americans in this survey identify themselves as Republicans, matching the fewest since November 2009. GOP allegiance has dropped from an annual average of 31% in 2003 to annual averages of 23 or 24% the past five years straight."
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/07/...
"At a time when the Republican Party’s image is at a historic low, 62% of the public says the GOP is out of touch with the American people, 56% think it is not open to change and 52% say the party is too extreme."

This is their problem from top to bottom. The t-p especially is trying to sell Americans a bill of goods that don't exist, doesn't benefit them, or only benefits a few.

They're still very much viewed as obstructionist to this day, and it doesn't appear they want to change or make any effort to change that perception anytime soon.
LCN Llin

United States

#960493 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the UN threatened "serious consequences".
Funny how 111 Democrats still knew what they already knew in 1998.
Funny how you're more gullible than I even imagined.
Funny how that lovebird liked dancing to polka. Let's stick to something that's really funny. Instead of you.
Report on a war that President Obama ended, troops out now lets leave Afghanistan and take care of America First.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960494 Aug 6, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read a book. A big one.
And then slam it shut hard on your head.
Maybe something'll stick.
Whenever LoisLane befuddles you, you walk off into a fog complaining and stay there yelling back at her.
Techniques that work on you don't necessarily work on others son.

You should follow your advice in this case more often. I think your problem here is your lack of effort.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960495 Aug 6, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is your Contention, but I do seriously believe Bush knew the 9/11/01 attacks where going to happen.
No, it's not my contention son.

It's a question to you to gain clarity on a point (I assume) you were making.

Apparently English isn't your primary language.
LCN Llin

United States

#960496 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it funny? They relied on the intel as given by bushie boy.
why would he lie?
but he did!!!
The GOP split seem widening.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960497 Aug 6, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go find a Community College that teaches critical thinking.
You need it.
I'd ask you for a recommendation but it's clear they've thrown you out!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960498 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck Hagel, as it turns out, is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Obama appointed him to join the other wolves in your party. So he's on your side. We don't want him.
Whoosh!

Just like that! Tossed under the bus!

Cons!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#960499 Aug 6, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point Iraq war started on a republican lie similar to Vietnam, which was started on a republican lie as well.
Uhhhh, no. Tonkin Gulf belongs to the D's.

Location hidden

#960500 Aug 6, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>The AMERICAN POLICY in the MIDDLE EAST AND OIL RICH NATIONS have not changed since JIMMY CARTER WHO STARTED IT ALL so THOSE WHO FAIL HISTORY FAIL
IT STARTED WITH THE WITHDRAWAL OF EUROPEAN COLONIALISTS AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATION OF ISRAEL AND THE START OF THE COLD WAR.

Those who type in all-caps are just doomed.

Location hidden

#960501 Aug 6, 2013
WOW wrote:
OBAMA is LIKE THE CAPTAIN OF THE CRUISE SHIP CONCORDIA every person for them selves
... if only!

Location hidden

#960502 Aug 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Chuck Hagel is republican like Rand Paul is--it's a shame about how low the GOP has fallen to attack each other --Next you'll hear one of them call another a 'vulture capitalist'--wait! that happened all ready . Thanks Newt!
I've not forgotten how she "schooled" you on sharecropping by bringing up 40 Acres and a Mule. I've come up with this analogy but have yet to use it.

You were talking about giraffes so she produces a picture of an elephant and tells you you don't know what you're talking about.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#960503 Aug 6, 2013
No Rest for the Wicked -

NYC Department of Health Building Infested with Bed Bugs

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Location hidden

#960504 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what that makes you then.
That article clearly stated F&F targeted 17 Republicans to try and get more Republicans on their side because ALL Democrats already were.
Republicans refused to sign the bill and so it didn't work.
What don't you understand about this?
Here. You need to lighten up. Lovebird dances to polka.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/05/lo...
Wow ... really???

(not talking about the dancing bird)

The Senate doesn't "sign" bills, they vote on them and Frist-R wouldn't even bring the bill to a vote because he'd lost too many R votes to bribery. They didn't need any D votes, it was obviously a very partisan piece of legislation so why would D's vote for it?

Republicans accepted bribes to kill Republican legislation in the Republican-held Senate.

That's as dumbed down as I can make it.

Location hidden

#960505 Aug 6, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read a book. A big one.
And then slam it shut hard on your head.
Maybe something'll stick.
Whenever LoisLane befuddles you, you walk off into a fog complaining and stay there yelling back at her.
If you didn't understand it you should ask a grownup to 'splain it to you.

Otherwise your drive-bys just make you look silly.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960506 Aug 6, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP split seem widening.
That's what I'm seeing as well.

It's going to be interesting watching this cat fight develop.
LCN Llin

United States

#960507 Aug 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
After they have repeatedly stated that they have no room in their tent; the Republicans decided to join the circus and invite some black bears in there to do some "rassling"!!
Seem to have lost a few Senators to the right wing hope of power.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#960508 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not my contention son.
It's a question to you to gain clarity on a point (I assume) you were making.
Apparently English isn't your primary language.
No you were trying to twist & spin again to defend the actions of the Pseudo Liberal Democrats who for the Iraq War too.

Location hidden

#960509 Aug 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to blame the increase in part time employment on "Obamacare" is a Republican witch hunt.
Here's a snippet from a December, the U.S. Department of Labor Report:
Another important indicator of labor market dif&#64257; culty, the
number of persons working part time for economic reasons, has
suggested a softening in the demand for labor since about mid-
2006. Sometimes referred to as involuntary part time workers and viewed as underemployed, these individuals wanted full-time jobs but worked less than 35 hours during the survey reference week primarily due to slack work (a reduction in hours in response to unfavorable business conditions) or the inability to &#64257;nd full-time work.
In November 2008, 7.3 million persons were employed part time for economic reasons, up by 3.4 million from a recent low of 3.9 million
in April 2006." That's right, under Bush, the number of unemployed doubled in just the last two years of his presidency. That is the legacy he left for Obama.
You people really need to stop pointing a finger at Obama because there are four fingers pointing right back at you. Funny how you people always expect Obama to reverse the negative trends which began under your beloved Bushy Boy.
http://www.bls.gov/opub/ils/pdf/opbils71.pdf
They'll blame it on the D's taking over Congress in '07 (after the housing bubble had started to burst) yet they can't point to a single piece of legislation that caused it.

In their alternate reality the mere presence of a Democrat causes the economy to go into free fall despite 226 years of history calling BS.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960511 Aug 6, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>No you were trying to twist & spin again to defend the actions of the Pseudo Liberal Democrats who for the Iraq War too.
The only way you're making any of your points is to drag everyone down with you.

I'll give you dems voted for it. That's a fact. The same way bushie boy gave 'his intelligence' to sell it to Congress, overseas and to Americans.

That's also a fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amy 3-31-15 11 min liner 7
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 11 min RACE 825
Word (Dec '08) 15 min RACE 5,157
abby 3-31-15 17 min RACE 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min Mister Tonka 99,303
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 52,396
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,942
Amy 3-30-15 51 min Sublime1 38
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]