Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960166 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> lol! Oh! So now you're selective! It would seem product isn't the real denominator... just intent.
No, Government Motors products have been objectively crappy for 30 years.

The economics of Detroit were based on a dominant Big Three that no longer exists.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#960167 Aug 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Government Motors products have been objectively crappy for 30 years.
The economics of Detroit were based on a dominant Big Three that no longer exists.
I know I would take a GM product over a Toyota product.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#960168 Aug 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
A group demanding access to organ transplants for illegal immigrants is protesting outside a Chicago hospital, saying they wonít leave until the facilityís CEO agrees to a meeting.
The protests at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital entered their seventh day Monday. On Sunday, 40 picketers were out in front of the hospital, while 14 were on a hunger strike.
"We're asking for help," said Blanca Gomez, a 23-year-old in need of a kidney transplant. "I go to dialysis three times a week. I'm not going off the hunger strike until I get on the transplant list."
The group claims 14 illegal Mexican immigrants who live in Chicago need a liver or kidney transplant, but canít afford them because they are denied health care.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers live donor liver transplants, but a spokesman on Sunday declined to comment about their transplant policies.
So don't be an organ donor.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#960169 Aug 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A rare point of agreement. Perot actually had many good ideas, but the man was a nut.
Sounds like Ron Paul
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#960170 Aug 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans should refuse to participate with NBC/MSNBC regardless of the Hillary propaganda movie.
And no debates, ever, with Candy Crowley or Gwen Ifill.
Republicans? Don't you mean t-p nuts?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960171 Aug 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I know I would take a GM product over a Toyota product.
Some folks like poor quality that loses value rapidly.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#960172 Aug 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So don't be an organ donor.
People should be free to sell these valuable products to benefit their heirs.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#960173 Aug 5, 2013
Does anybody have any idea of the looming disaster, maybe two to five years down the road from the Fed pumping 38-40 billion every month into the markets? Think of it as borrowing a million or two to put gas in your car. How you gonna pay it back?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#960174 Aug 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
A group demanding access to organ transplants for illegal immigrants is protesting outside a Chicago hospital, saying they wonít leave until the facilityís CEO agrees to a meeting.
The protests at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital entered their seventh day Monday. On Sunday, 40 picketers were out in front of the hospital, while 14 were on a hunger strike.
"We're asking for help," said Blanca Gomez, a 23-year-old in need of a kidney transplant. "I go to dialysis three times a week. I'm not going off the hunger strike until I get on the transplant list."
The group claims 14 illegal Mexican immigrants who live in Chicago need a liver or kidney transplant, but canít afford them because they are denied health care.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers live donor liver transplants, but a spokesman on Sunday declined to comment about their transplant policies.
What? Don't they have organs back in Mexico?

Let him continue that hunger strike - forever.

Lapeer, MI

#960175 Aug 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So don't be an organ donor.
He can have my mouth organ.

Lapeer, MI

#960176 Aug 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks like poor quality that loses value rapidly.
Yep. Like Liberals and their Magic Negro.

Lapeer, MI

#960177 Aug 5, 2013
Captn Morgan wrote:
Does anybody have any idea of the looming disaster, maybe two to five years down the road from the Fed pumping 38-40 billion every month into the markets? Think of it as borrowing a million or two to put gas in your car. How you gonna pay it back?
Don't worry about. The next 10 generations will have to deal with it.

Lapeer, MI

#960178 Aug 6, 2013
The Magic Negro's next $100 million family vacation destination: http://tinyurl.com/ke9k9xx

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#960182 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep coming back for more. So here it is.
Andrew Johnson became president following the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Johnson issued a proclamation of pardon and amnesty to citizens in the South who would take an oath of allegiance.
As part of the pardon process, lands confiscated during the war would be returned to white landowners. So while the Radical Republicans had fully intended for there to be a massive redistribution of land from former slave owners to former slaves under Reconstruction, Johnson's policy effectively thwarted that.
It has been estimated to approximately 40,000 former slaves received grants of land under Sherman's order. But the land was taken away from them.
Denied the opportunity to own their own small farms, most former slaves were forced to live under the system of sharecropping.
Life as a sharecropper generally meant living in poverty. And sharecropping would have been a bitter disappointment to people who once believed they could become independent farmers.
http://history1800s.about.com/od/1800sglossar...
Ready to say "uncle" yet?
As usual, the internet and you fail when it comes to complex, nuanced history. You try to distill everything into convenient partisan divides and nothing as complex as Reconstruction can fit into such neat little boxes. Sherman never had the authority to offer anyone 40 acres and a mule, think of how that sounds outside of that particular context, the way you frame it: The Republican Party confiscates hundreds of thousands of acres of land from wealthy land owners and gives it to the poor. How does that set with your perception of the Party?

Nevertheless, 40 acres was limited to a very small coastal area and had little or nothing to do with the emergence of sharecropping. Its simple economics: freed slaves had no work and plantation owners had no one to work their land. Regardless of whether land reform on the Atlantic coast had succeeded, sharecropping would have spread throughout the rest of the South to level this economic imbalance.

Go read a book before you hurt yourself.
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#960183 Aug 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>So let's get this straight. After four and a half years in office with the unemployment rate at 7.4 percent and the economy continuing to stagnate, the president's master plan is to raise the minimum wage and provide community college job training? Holy hell O'bama.
Really... do we as Americans deserve an idiot like this?
HEY STUPID! When you raise the minimum wage then people have more money in their pockets which they spend and buy stuff which in turn stimulates the economy.
Community colleges are one of our greatest resources. They used to be just stepping stones to a four year college but now they offer courses like precision machining, CAD, electrical engineering, computer systems engineering, nuclear medicine, medical imaging and many more needed skills.
You're the idiot!
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#960184 Aug 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The stimulus repaired our 'crumbling' infrastructure...remember?
This is leading up to the stimulus, which he would put in place a few months later.
OBAMA: There will be a two-year nationwide effort to jump-start job creation in America and lay the foundation for a strong and growing economy. We'll put people back to work rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges.
February 17th, 2009, O'bama was in Denver at the Museum of Nature and Science.
OBAMA: Because of this investment, nearly 400,000 men and women will go to work rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges, repairing our faulty dams and levees, bringing critical broadband connections to businesses and homes in nearly every community in America, upgrading mass transit, building high-speed rail lines that will improve travel and commerce throughout our nation.
No moron, the original stimulus was just a start and it should have been much larger but it was what Obama could get. Our infrastructure needs a lot more work and that would put people to work but the GOP doesn't want to hear about it. They'd just rather keep wasting time and taxpayer money with ideological legislation that will never see the light of day.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#960185 Aug 6, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Embassy, consulate closures = Al Qaeda 'on steroids' since Benghazi attack...
One Year ago Obama said al-Qaida on run and now democRats are on run...
It's the culture...
Septemeber 2012 (2k TWELVE)
SANAA, Yemen -- Yemen's president has apologized to President Barack Obama for the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa, the Yemeni capital, by a mob angry over an anti-Islam film.

The U.S. Embassy in Yemen says nobody was harmed in Thursday's assault. "All embassy personnel are safe and accounted for," spokesman Lou Fintor said.

President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi also ordered an investigation into the attack. Several hundred protesters stormed the embassy's compound, brought down the U.S. flag in the courtyard, burned it and replaced it with a black, Islamist banner.
----------

Same warning issued then-SEVEN MONTHS Prior to any stupid lame video---as the warning that is issued now.

----------

U.S. Citizen Services

MESSAGE FOR U.S. CITIZENS
Security Message for U.S. Citizens (November 19, 2012)

November 19, 2012

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the high security threat level in Yemen due to terrorist activities and civil unrest. The Department urges U.S. citizens not to travel to Yemen.

U.S. citizens currently in Yemen should depart. The U.S. Embassy in Sana'a remains a restricted staffing post. As staff levels at the embassy are restricted, our ability to assist U.S. citizens in an emergency remains limited and may be further constrained by the fluid security situation. This supersedes the Travel Warning for Yemen issued on March 27, 2012, to provide updated information regarding the security situation in Yemen.
----------
August 6, 2013

The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the high security threat level in Yemen due to terrorist activities and civil unrest. The Department urges U.S. citizens to defer travel to Yemen and those U.S. citizens currently living in Yemen to depart immediately.

On August 6, 2013, the Department of State ordered the departure of non-emergency U.S. government personnel from Yemen due to the continued potential for terrorist attacks.

U.S. citizens currently in Yemen should depart. As staff levels at the Embassy are restricted, our ability to assist U.S. citizens in an emergency and provide routine consular services remains limited and may be further constrained by the fluid security situation. This supersedes the Travel Warning for Yemen issued on July 16, 2013.
----------

Why weren't the protocals of procedure of WARNINGS followed in BENGHAZI, rather than just blatantly Ignored????

Foreign Policy FAILURE.
LCN Llin

United States

#960186 Aug 6, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I know I would take a GM product over a Toyota product.
over Honda?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#960187 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
August is a significant month for Muslims, Ramadan. Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic calendar.
Concerns are being raised that August 9, this Sunday, could also be significant in light of the heightened terror threats - or anytime this month.
Wonder how Obama would handle the unthinkable. He thought we were all getting along so well and declared al-Qaeda on the run quite a number of times right before the election.
Must've missed the State Dept's quarterly travel warnings explaining otherwise?
LCN Llin

United States

#960188 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, the internet and you fail when it comes to complex, nuanced history. You try to distill everything into convenient partisan divides and nothing as complex as Reconstruction can fit into such neat little boxes. Sherman never had the authority to offer anyone 40 acres and a mule, think of how that sounds outside of that particular context, the way you frame it: The Republican Party confiscates hundreds of thousands of acres of land from wealthy land owners and gives it to the poor. How does that set with your perception of the Party?
Nevertheless, 40 acres was limited to a very small coastal area and had little or nothing to do with the emergence of sharecropping. Its simple economics: freed slaves had no work and plantation owners had no one to work their land. Regardless of whether land reform on the Atlantic coast had succeeded, sharecropping would have spread throughout the rest of the South to level this economic imbalance.
Go read a book before you hurt yourself.
40 acres and a mule
http://www.40acres.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min wojar 182,111
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 31 min Reddog 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 49,333
delhi female 2 hr yatharth 1
Fight at Navy Pier 3 hr joey 1
abby 12-26 3 hr Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 4 hr Mister Tonka 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance