Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394707 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#960405 Aug 6, 2013
Emoron wrote:
The best the dysfunctional party could come up with:
Washington Post correspondent Dan Balz, whose new book Collision 2012 provides in-depth reporting and analysis of the last presidential election, says the Romney campaign’s failure to humanize Mitt Romney was an important factor in sealing the candidate’s loss.
Balz tells “The Fine Print” that the more he reported on the campaign, the more “baffled” he became by the Romney team’s “inability to humanize Mitt Romney throughout the entire campaign.”
Balz recalls that it wasn’t until the last night of the Republican National Convention that the campaign revealed the more human side of Romney, when members of his church told a story about Romney helping their son, who had died of cancer.
“Mitt Romney became his friend, helped him write a will,” Balz recalls.“This was as poignant and human a testimony as we ever saw.”
But even after that testimonial, Balz says,“the campaign never did anything with it. They never put it in an ad. They didn't take opportunities.”
Additionally, Balz says the Obama campaign ran a “technically superior” organization and that he was surprised by “the degree to which the Obama operation superseded what they knew that had done in 2008.”
Another “stunning” discovery, Balz says, was “the degree of ambivalence of Mitt Romney” about running for president—an attitude he says Romney had even after forming an exploratory committee.
“I was told in the last summer that there'd been a family vote in late 2010,” Balz says.“There were twelve votes, 10 votes saying he shouldn't run, 2 saying he should. He was one of the 10 who said no.”
Following Romney’s ultimate loss, the former candidate agreed to an interview with Balz. He says it was clear during the interview that Romney was still grappling with the loss and trying “to understand why it had not worked better than it had.”
“There were elements of the campaign that he was still having trouble with,” Balz says.“I think there is also a feeling among a lot of Republicans that he could or should have run a better campaign … and he has to digest that as well.”
And, its gotten worse.
So, who had this avatar first this time?
Patriot

Denver, CO

#960406 Aug 6, 2013
Did you know -

Hundreds of thousands of young and old alternative music fans lined up to willingly be tracked with RFID micro-chips at Lollapalooza in Chi-town in Chicago Friday...

http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and-technolo...

How many more will accept a "mark" when they can't "buy or sell" without it?

http://biblehub.com/revelation/13-17.htm

http://biblehub.com/psalms/62-8.htm

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#960407 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican tent is growing. Libertarians, Independents, moderate Democrats and a growing number of black republicans decided they were under the wrong tent.
Republicans are divided temporarily trying to find the best way to save your ass from Obamacare.
I think you should find out you've been a fool the hard way myself.
Source.
(Overheard at a nut house or FOX News does not constitute a source.)

Location hidden

#960408 Aug 6, 2013
TSM wrote:
If America going to Recover from this Economic Disaster we need to Free ourselves from Liberal addiction’ Tax/Spend Obamacare!’ If we need proof Liberalism leads to despotism Detroit, Chicago, California and what’s the Liberals answer to solving our Economic Crisis MORE OF THE SAME!!
First lets free ourselves of Republican obstruction.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#960409 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican tent is growing. Libertarians, Independents, moderate Democrats and a growing number of black republicans decided they were under the wrong tent.
Republicans are divided temporarily trying to find the best way to save your ass from Obamacare.
I think you should find out you've been a fool the hard way myself.
With the failure of the likes of Ron Paul's strategy of "change from within" I'm dumbfounded how any self-described libertarian can be a member of the Republican Party. They can't all still be fooled by the completely false top planks of the Party Platform.
WOW

New York, NY

#960410 Aug 6, 2013
BIGOTS ARE BIGOTS BLACK WHITE PURPLE BLUE ASIANS LATINS DEMOCRATS African-American Democrats were allowed to say the word “cracker,” but celebrity cook Paula Deen was “crucified” for using the N-word. During a weekly segment with Trump, Fox News host Gretchen Carlson reported that Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) had gone on a “racist rant” last week when he said that the tea party was the “same white crackers” who fought against the civil rights movement.

“If Charlie or whoever it was was a Republican and they made that statement, they’d be resigning from office right now,” Trump opined.“Look at the stunning double standard,” co-host Steve Doocy observed.“You know, he is on the left, and then a couple of months ago you had the instance with Paul Deen where she said one word thirty years ago, and she was crucified, lost her business deals. They took her to task, but Charlie Rangel gets a pass.”

“Yeah, and nothing will happen to Charlie,” Trump agreed.“I see it all the time. If you’re a Republican and you make a statement like that, it’s over. I mean, you are finished. If you’re a conservative — by the way, the further right you are, the worse it gets. So, it’s a very rough — it’s a double standard. It’s a very rough double standard.”

“Paul Deen was absolutely crucified, what they did with her,” the reality star continued.“I don’t know what even happened to her. I see everybody dropped her. She has really got some problems. It’s amazing.”
WOW

New York, NY

#960411 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
...I was FOR the invasion of iraq based on what bushie boy said.... at least for the first 6 months until it became clear bushie lied
SO WHY DO YOU sTILL SUPPORT OBAMA AFTER 6 years of LIES MAYBE YOU ARE A RACISTS confessions of a BIGOT

Location hidden

#960412 Aug 6, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>OBAMA IS EQUAL PARTS WHITE AND BLACK HE IS NOT BLACK HE IS BI RACIAL if he is black he is white that DUMMY NJ RAIDER 1 is a BIGOT
You are equal parts moron and mentally ill.

Location hidden

#960413 Aug 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Somehow this idiot can turn a computer on every day. Incredible.
Wow! Somehow this idiot turns his computer on every day and starts typing every dumbass thing that comes into his no-life loser head.

Orlando, FL

#960414 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
For the umpteenmillionth time here's what killed Hagel's 2005 bill to regulate Fannie and Freddie which makes your implied statement a LIE:
Freddie Mac Tried to Kill Republican Regulatory Bill in 2005
In the midst of DCI's yearlong effort, Hagel and 25 other Republican senators pleaded unsuccessfully with Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., to allow a vote ...
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,440681,00...
You should have read the entire article before posting it and making yourself look foolish again.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist,(R), did not allow the vote.

"If effective regulatory reform legislation...is not enacted this year, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system and the economy as a whole," the senators wrote in a letter that proved prescient.

Only 17 Republicans were targeted. Know why? Sen. Richard Shelby, the committee chairman at the time, underscored the fact it was because Democrats were already on their side, so it was not surprising that Freddie Mac and Freddie Mae went after Republicans. "Unfortunately," he said, "efforts then to derail reform were successful."

In the end, there was not enough Republican support for Hagel's bill to warrant bringing it up for a vote because Democrats also opposed it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,440681,00...

Wasn't Senator Chuck Hagel appointed by Obama as the Secretary of Defense?

Seems weasels stick together.

Location hidden

#960415 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
...I was FOR the invasion of iraq based on what bushie boy said.... at least for the first 6 months until it became clear bushie lied
Really???

After seeing Powell's presentation to the UN my reaction was "WTF are you people talking about??? What makes you think that truck (or bunker or whatever) is a 'mobile chemical weapons lab'???"

Location hidden

#960416 Aug 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, who had this avatar first this time?
I'm Eman's alter ego. I wait until he posts something stupid and then I correct it, so its always his first move. And, as you well know, correcting his dumbass logic is a full time job.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960417 Aug 6, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>SO WHY DO YOU sTILL SUPPORT OBAMA AFTER 6 years of LIES MAYBE YOU ARE A RACISTS confessions of a BIGOT
Wham! Cons... always playing the racist card as usual.

Location hidden

#960418 Aug 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have read the entire article before posting it and making yourself look foolish again.
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist,(R), did not allow the vote.
"If effective regulatory reform legislation...is not enacted this year, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system and the economy as a whole," the senators wrote in a letter that proved prescient.
Only 17 Republicans were targeted. Know why? Sen. Richard Shelby, the committee chairman at the time, underscored the fact it was because Democrats were already on their side, so it was not surprising that Freddie Mac and Freddie Mae went after Republicans. "Unfortunately," he said, "efforts then to derail reform were successful."
In the end, there was not enough Republican support for Hagel's bill to warrant bringing it up for a vote because Democrats also opposed it.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,440681,00...
Wasn't Senator Chuck Hagel appointed by Obama as the Secretary of Defense?
Seems weasels stick together.
What do you not get? The Dems were the minority, the GOP lost their majority to bribery. So, who's fault was it that the GOP didn't have enough votes to pass their own legislation in their own GOP controlled Senate?
Very Sad

Cambridge, Canada

#960419 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So is it now your contention bushie boy was simply following up and executing Clinton's will from 1998?
And if so, how do you explain 911?
Keep in mind bushie boy didn't do anything regarding USS Cole... an actual attack! Even after Clinton handed him all the information he had on the subject.
The whole world new that Bin Laden was in Saudi Arabia for surgery, Clinton did nothing.
Everything later is BS.

Why not talk about Bengazi?

Why not, because it is more than Joe Blow American can take.

I hear nobody telling the truth. Its all over the internet, but you stupid ass americans only want the get this "Truth" from some lying pinko named John King.

He want tell you the truth, because the Prez "Travon Obama" doesn't want to be seen to fail.

The Gay ambassador was captured in the firefight, Assfucked draqgged through the streets of Bengazi, Autopsy shows multiple fractures and died of suffocation.

Same fate for Ghadafi, he was knifed up the butt and then shot.

Do we see a pattern, MO for Moslems.

Swallow that
Anthony W

New York, NY

#960420 Aug 6, 2013
WOW wrote:
The children of New York City should not have to sleep with their mothers because they have nightmares about being shot by the NYPD!In her first public comments about her son’s death, Shanise Farrar described Douse as a child who slept with her because he was frightened by nightmares of being harmed by cops.
“I’m not saying he’s the best,” Farrar said near a shrine for her son at Gouverneur Morris Houses, where they lived.“But he’s my angel.”
LADY YOUR ANGEL WAS SHOOTING OTHER PEOPLES ANGELS SO IF YOU HAD KEPT YOUR 14 yo BABY IN YOUR ARMS AT 3am HE WOULD BE ALIVE SO EITHER YOUR LACK OF PARENTING SKILLS OR HIS GANG ACTIVITY KILLED HIM
DONT COMPARE HIM TO TRAYVON TRAYVON WAS NOT ACCUSED OF SHOOTING ANOTHER BLACK CHILD IM GLAD THE PERSON HE WAS SHOOTING AT GOT AWAY BECAUSE SHAALIVER WAS TRYING TO KILL AN UNARMED PERSON ANY PARENT CAN FEEL YOUR LOSS BUT THE MOTHER OF THE 15 yo HE SHOT AND GOT AWAY WITH DOESNT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT HIM SHOOTING HER CHILD AGAIN
You sir are a racist. If that was a white 14 year old shooting at someone at 3am, you'd have no problem with that, would you?

Get me the Rev Al on the phone, we need a protest!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960421 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???
After seeing Powell's presentation to the UN my reaction was "WTF are you people talking about??? What makes you think that truck (or bunker or whatever) is a 'mobile chemical weapons lab'???"
It's when they couldn't find anything right away that I started questioning.

When the hunt started getting desperate and they were pointing to a van with chemicals in it did I start feeling betrayed.

When they started claiming the weapons were spirited off to other foreign countries but the administration again had no proof did I realize they were creating a second lie to try and cover the first.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

#960422 Aug 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
I remember thinking that Iraq must be on the verge of having a nuke & selling it to terrorists.
I never thought Bush would lie about this like he did. All for a war about oil. A scheme to get his oil buddies rich while securing an oil rich friendly nation.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960423 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???
Actually, I trusted Powell more than I did bushie boy. I hung a lot of faith in him.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#960424 Aug 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you not get? The Dems were the minority, the GOP lost their majority to bribery. So, who's fault was it that the GOP didn't have enough votes to pass their own legislation in their own GOP controlled Senate?
lol! This is why sometimes I think the GOP feels more powerful when they're in the minority!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Earthling-1 60,028
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,581
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 4 hr Fa-Foxy 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi... 1,660
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 2,681
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr Retired SOF 2,130
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr GEORGIA 6,401
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages