Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,077)

Showing posts 881,521 - 881,540 of1,071,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Obama went out & sough worldwide sanctions against Iran & they are having a effect on Iran's economy. Bush would have invaded by now, spent another couple of unfunded trillion & killed another 4,000 of our best in war.
How do you know? Did Bush tell you that, sockpuppet?

With Obama, Iran is going Nuclear, far worse than us taking out their Nukes. The USA has a weak president nobody respects. Obama is a joke. Putin laughs in his face.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Twenty-five years after accusing an innocent man of rape, Tawana Brawley is finally paying for her lies.

Last week, 10 checks totaling $3,764.61 were delivered to ex-prosecutor Steven Pagones — the first payments Brawley has made since a court determined in 1998 that she defamed him with her vicious hoax.

A Virginia court this year ordered the money garnisheed from six months of Brawley’s wages as a nurse there.

She still owes Pagones $431,000 in damages. And she remains defiantly unapologetic.

“It’s a long time coming,” said Pagones, 52, who to this day is more interested in extracting a confession from Brawley than cash.

“Every week, she’ll think of me,” he said.“And every week, she can think about how she has a way out — she can simply tell the truth.”

Brawley’s advisers in the infamous race-baiting case — the Rev. Al Sharpton, and attorneys C. Vernon Mason and Alton Maddox — have already paid, or are paying, their defamation debt. But Brawley, 41, had eluded punishment.

She’s now forced to pay Pagones $627 each month, possibly for the rest of her life. Under Virginia law, she can appeal the wage garnishment every six months.

“Finally, she’s paying something,” said Pagones’ attorney, Gary Bolnick.“Symbolically, I think it’s very important — you can’t just do this stuff without consequences.”

Pagones filed for the garnishment with the circuit court in Surry County, Va., in January, a few weeks after tracking down Brawley to tiny Hopewell, Va.

Before that, not even her own co-workers knew she was the teen behind the spectacular 1987 case.

“I don’t want to talk to anyone about that,” Brawley growled after a Post reporter confronted her about her sordid past in December.

Employing aliases including Tawana Thompson and Tawana Gutierrez, she leads a relatively normal life by all appearances, residing in a neat brick apartment complex and working as a licensed practical nurse at The Laurels of Bon Air in Richmond.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton sent cigars up the snatch of a young Jewish woman, then he used Intel that was three years old to bomb an aspirin factory. Then he signed into law a regime change in Iraq supported by all democrats AND republicans.
Now about the putz O'bama: We have already muddied any message of fearlessness by turning our embassies into bunkers. Now, we are admitting that these bunkers aren’t safe. What next? Virtual embassies on Facebook? Ambassadors who never leave Washington? Fearless O'bama shaking in his yellow tennis shoes blowing out his candles. Let them eat cake.
Only to an uninformed right whiner is regime change the same as invading.

As for closing some embassies, if only we had Bush to declare "Bring it On!!" Yep, that would fix them.

Our Embassies & Consulates are all built to be bunkers, dumbass & have been since before Obama.

BW, don't get your panties in a twist because you are obviously jealous that Monica got the "cigar" instead of you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Think GOP should destroy all RINO Senators during the Republican primary season.
Richard Lugar was one of the first to go.
You people put your boy in the White House and the net result has been regression for the black community.

An empty victory.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's so-called sanctions are a joke and have zero effect on Iran's nuclear weapons program.
Iran's economy is a mess. Iran's new leader said the solution is talking to the West about these sanctions.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
As for closing some embassies, if only we had Bush to declare "Bring it On!!" Yep, that would fix them.
Our Embassies & Consulates are all built to be bunkers, dumbass & have been since before Obama.
BW, don't get your panties in a twist because you are obviously jealous that Monica got the "cigar" instead of you.
if they ignore reality of republican problems maybe these problems will go away
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Obama went out & sough worldwide sanctions against Iran & they are having a effect on Iran's economy. Bush would have invaded by now, spent another couple of unfunded trillion & killed another 4,000 of our best in war.
Clinton demokrats and Iraq war John Kerry: I voted for the war before I was against it...

It's the culture...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
A day after Woodward's claim that a senior White House official had told him he would "regret" writing a column criticizing President Obama's stance on the sequester, Lanny Davis, a longtime close advisor to President Bill Clinton, told WMAL's Mornings on the Mall Thursday he had received similar threats for newspaper columns he had written about Obama in the Washington Times.
Davis told WMAL that his editor, John Solomon, "received a phone call from a senior Obama White House official who didn't like some of my columns, even though I'm a supporter of Obama. I couldn't imagine why this call was made." Davis says the Obama aide told Solomon, "that if he continued to run my columns, he would lose, or his reporters would lose their White House credentials."
...We either have a very thin-skinned president or the poster child for narcissistic presidents.
Or both.
When his feet were held to the fire on his unsubstantiated remark, Woodward backtracked from his "regret" remark.

The old guy has become irrelevant and it's killing him.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Qaeda 'on steroids' since Benghazi attack... Obama Embassy, consulate closures...

One Year ago Obama said al-Qaida on run and now RealDumbDave and democrats are on run...

It's the culture...

It's the culture...
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Twenty-five years after accusing an innocent man of rape, Tawana Brawley is finally paying for her lies.
Last week, 10 checks totaling $3,764.61 were delivered to ex-prosecutor Steven Pagones — the first payments Brawley has made since a court determined in 1998 that she defamed him with her vicious hoax.
A Virginia court this year ordered the money garnisheed from six months of Brawley’s wages as a nurse there.
She still owes Pagones $431,000 in damages. And she remains defiantly unapologetic.
“It’s a long time coming,” said Pagones, 52, who to this day is more interested in extracting a confession from Brawley than cash.
“Every week, she’ll think of me,” he said.“And every week, she can think about how she has a way out — she can simply tell the truth.”
Brawley’s advisers in the infamous race-baiting case — the Rev. Al Sharpton, and attorneys C. Vernon Mason and Alton Maddox — have already paid, or are paying, their defamation debt. But Brawley, 41, had eluded punishment.
She’s now forced to pay Pagones $627 each month, possibly for the rest of her life. Under Virginia law, she can appeal the wage garnishment every six months.
“Finally, she’s paying something,” said Pagones’ attorney, Gary Bolnick.“Symbolically, I think it’s very important — you can’t just do this stuff without consequences.”
Pagones filed for the garnishment with the circuit court in Surry County, Va., in January, a few weeks after tracking down Brawley to tiny Hopewell, Va.
Before that, not even her own co-workers knew she was the teen behind the spectacular 1987 case.
“I don’t want to talk to anyone about that,” Brawley growled after a Post reporter confronted her about her sordid past in December.
Employing aliases including Tawana Thompson and Tawana Gutierrez, she leads a relatively normal life by all appearances, residing in a neat brick apartment complex and working as a licensed practical nurse at The Laurels of Bon Air in Richmond.
Don't be so critical of Tawana. If Obama had a sister she'd look just like Tawana.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
(Reuters)- A secretive U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration unit is funneling information from intelligence intercepts, wiretaps, informants and a massive database of telephone records to authorities across the nation to help them launch criminal investigations of Americans.
Although these cases rarely involve national security issues, documents reviewed by Reuters show that law enforcement agents have been directed to conceal how such investigations truly begin - not only from defense lawyers but also sometimes from prosecutors and judges.
The undated documents show that federal agents are trained to "recreate" the investigative trail to effectively cover up where the information originated, a practice that some experts say violates a defendant's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If defendants don't know how an investigation began, they cannot know to ask to review potential sources of exculpatory evidence - information that could reveal entrapment, mistakes or biased witnesses.
"I have never heard of anything like this at all," said Nancy Gertner, a Harvard Law School professor who served as a federal judge from 1994 to 2011. Gertner and other legal experts said the program sounds more troubling than recent disclosures that the National Security Agency has been collecting domestic phone records. The NSA effort is geared toward stopping terrorists; the DEA program targets common criminals, primarily drug dealers.
"It is one thing to create special rules for national security," Gertner said. "Ordinary crime is entirely different. It sounds like they are phonying up investigations."
You can trust me and my administration!

We are not crooks!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
May I interject that it is you - not the other poster - who is confused?
Major General William T. Sherman, a Republican, promised slaves forty acres and a mule. It was President Andrew Johnson, a Democrat and Lincoln's former Vice-President, who revoked Sherman's orders. It was vetoed two times by President Johnson. By 1865, around 10,000 freed slaves settled on 400,000 acres in Georgia and South Carolina. Soon after President Johnson reversed the order, that land was returned to white slave owners.
You really need to do a little research before posting.
That's not sharecropping.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran's economy is a mess. Iran's new leader said the solution is talking to the West about these sanctions.
iran evolves like democrats?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Q: Where does it end?

More Surveillance Abuse Exposed! Special DEA Unit Is Spying On Americans And Covering It Up
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/08...

A: It doesn't because while elected officials might fear the electorate, the bureaucracies they construct do not.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So now you idiots want Obama to inject US influence all over the world?!?!?!?!
You idiots keep changing your minds so often, it's a wonder the doctor ever has a chance to screw the new one in!
O'bama killed Osama bin Laden. The United States is on the run. Skeered to death, O'bama, running to the golf course.
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

If Obama had a son, he'd look just like 14 year old Shaaliver Douse.

A rookie cop shot and killed a 14-year-old gunslinger on a Bronx street early Sunday — just days after Mayor Bloomberg railed against a flood of firearms falling into the wrong hands.
Shaaliver Douse was shot to death just after 3 a.m. in Melrose when he kept firing a black Astra 9-mm. pistol after two uniformed police officers yelled at him to drop the gun, said NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

Kelly said the teen — who was due in court on a gun-possession rap and had been arrested in May on an attempted murder charge — is the youngest person to die in a police-involved shooting that he can recall.

Douse was chasing an unknown man down E. 151st St. when the officers intervened.

“It is undetermined at this time whether he fired at the officer or the unknown male,” Kelly said at a Sunday evening press conference.

The deadly encounter Sunday unfolded after 2 rookie cops — a 26-year-old white officer and his black 27-year-old partner — heard gunfire while on patrol on E. 151st St. near Courtlandt Ave.
The officers encountered a terrified man running for his life in the middle of the street with Douse in pursuit, firing wildly at his foe, Kelly said.

He said Douse would have killed the man if the officers hadn’t been there to stop him.

“These officers stopped that from happening,” said Kelly.“I don’t see what the officers could have done any differently.”

He said that while the shooting appeared justified, a full investigation was under way.

But Douse’s distraught aunt, Quwana Barcene, 35, said cops didn’t have to kill her nephew — who she said was a sophomore at the Alfred E. Smith Career and Technical Education High School in the Bronx.

“That’s was my sister’s only baby,” Barcene said.“I’m tired of the police getting away with murder.

“Trayvon Martin is never going to end. Sean Bell happened to my nephew,” she said.“This rookie cop — please bring him up on charges as a murderer.”

The names of the cops, who both joined the NYPD in January, were not immediately released. They were part of an Operation Impact patrol assigned to the high-crime area.

Police were still searching for the unidentified man whom Douse appeared to be intent on killing.

The incident started in front of the Hizam Family Deli on Courtlandt Ave. at E. 151st St., where a security camera captured Douse firing at least three shots at his target from 40 feet away, Kelly said.

Another security camera film showed Douse, wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, chasing the man, dressed in a black T-shirt and black shorts, up E. 151st St.

When the teen fired a 4th shot after the officers told him to drop the gun and freeze, the 26-year-old white officer fired a single fatal shot, police said. The suspect was hit in the lower jaw and died at the scene.

One 9-mm. shell casing was found near his body, matching the other three collected in front of the deli.

“We don’t know why he was shooting,” said Kelly, who expressed condolences to Douse’s mother, Shanise Farrar. Douse lived with her in the Morris II Houses on E. 170th St.

Asked if he planned to reach out directly to the victim’s family, Kelly said,“I’m not planning to do that at this juncture. I may.”

All the wonderful Democrat Community Organizers led by Al Sharpton should be here momentarily. I'll protest with them against the police if it buys me some black votes. And I promise to put an end to Stop & Frisk.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
New Obama Administration scandal.
New coverup.
Just broke.
You can trust me!
Sure you can trust me, says O'bama while he is hiding under his golf cart eating an extra piece of his birfday cake.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
iran evolves like democrats?
to evolve means to scam.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama killed Osama bin Laden. The United States is on the run. Skeered to death, O'bama, running to the golf course.
Then you'd better run back to the safety of israel son.

The sooner the better.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. Using right wing sources never stopped you from claiming your source as facts... when it clearly wasn't.
you are proving to be a true left winger if you think that Wikipedia is right wing which its obivous because it provides the facts that Pseudo Liberalism cant stand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 881,521 - 881,540 of1,071,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 173,496
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 18 min Lynn 13
Music Artists A to Z 44 min _Zoey_ 245
Word (Dec '08) 51 min _Zoey_ 4,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 52 min _Zoey_ 4,487
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,086
Abigail July 9 2014 1 hr PEllen 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 97,408
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000