Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#959654 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>So let's get this straight. After four and a half years in office with the unemployment rate at 7.4 percent and the economy continuing to stagnate, the president's master plan is to raise the minimum wage and provide community college job training? Holy hell O'bama.
Really... do we as Americans deserve an idiot like this?
You are lying. Obama never said that was all that was needed.

The idea that there are certain jobs looking for trained employees would make a normal person think about providing training opportunities, But evidently not a dumbf*ck like you.

I love it how you right whiners call Obama an idiot because you think he isn't fixing the worst recession in 80 years, housing collapse, near financial meltdown, two quagmire warsfasts enough while you still support those that created that mess under YOUR PARTY's George W Bush.

Now that s pathetic.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#959655 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Last June, I issued a challenge to everyone involved in the housing industry to help increase the number of minority families to be home owners. And what I'm talking about, I'm talking about your bankers and your brokers and developers, as well as members of faith-based community and community programs. And the response to the home owners challenge has been very strong and very gratifying. Twenty-two public and private partners have signed up to help meet our national goal. Partners in the mortgage finance industry are encouraging homeownership by purchasing more loans made by banks to African Americans, Hispanics and other minorities.
Representatives of the real estate and homebuilding industries, through their nationwide networks or affiliates, are committed to broadening homeownership. They made the commitment to help meet the national goal we set.
Freddie Mae -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- I see the heads who are here; I want to thank you all for coming --(laughter)-- have committed to provide more money for lenders. They've committed to help meet the shortage of capital available for minority home buyers.
....Freddie Mac recently began 25 initiatives around the country to dismantle barriers and create greater opportunities for homeownership. One of the programs is designed to help deserving families who have bad credit histories to qualify for homeownership loans.
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
Partisan libuhrulTic Duhmbocrats would blame a Bush..any Bush if...

A. The current o'prezidink tripped over he own mistied shoelaces.

B. Fo' Those givverment entileMENTALcase "sentinent cheese" crowds thinking duh givverment gonna pay they mortgages along with they fwee cell phone bills each month too.

I'm gonna have to start keeping a copy and paste "WahWahWah it awrl Bushes faurlt" list here.....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#959656 Aug 5, 2013
Those wacky chimps are at it again!!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/05/justice/florida...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#959657 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that there are certain jobs looking for trained employees would make a normal person think about providing training opportunities, But evidently not a dumbf*ck like you.
I love it how you right whiners call Obama an idiot because you think he isn't fixing the worst recession in 80 years, housing collapse, near financial meltdown, two quagmire warsfasts enough while you still support those that created that mess under YOUR PARTY's George W Bush.
Now that s pathetic.
Whatever would you whiners do if you couldn't wahwahwah it awrrl Bushes fault allllllllllll the time.

They oughta mandate a day-NO Bush whining.

Might be a spike on crayola crayon sales for the day lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#959658 Aug 5, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Those wacky chimps are at it again!!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/05/justice/florida...
Punks.

Bus drivers should carry mace and tasers, for bully punks like that.
LCN Llin

United States

#959659 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that s pathetic.
Lies fly when their logic won't.
Carol to her credit. did come up with some leaders of the GOP other than Rush. Trouble is for the GOP, the Tea Party seems to be attacking Carols list as RINOs
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#959661 Aug 5, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>And if there were another attack, we liberals would have to be on the lookout for signs of patriotism that we can later label as too rah, rah. It just isn't cool and as the first lady proudly said in disgust, "All this for a flag?"
We libs have to stay politically correct, and I for one am tired of this patriotism being put out there for all to see like when people actually sing the Star Spangled Banner without grabbing their crotchs and spitting.
So the patriot named Billy Eisengrein, better known as the third firefighter on the right on Sept. 11, 2001, stood amid the wreckage of Ground Zero when he spotted two firefighters. One held in his hand a miracle: a large, unscathed American flag.
Climbing atop the roof of a construction trailer, piled with debris that used to be the World Trade Center, the men — George Johnson (on the left), Daniel McWilliams (center), and William “Billy’’ Eisengrein — proudly hoisted that flag into the air.
The moment was captured, in its poetry, by the shutter of Record photographer Thomas Franklin.
But 12 years later, because of libs that moment has been reduced to rubble.
Patriotic Americans at the 9/11 museum wanted to display the picture of the men, victoriously raising the Stars and Stripes in defiance of the terrorists who tried to destroy us, but were slammed and slandered by some PC liberal staffers at the yet-to-open 9/11 Museum.
Creative director Michael Shulan called the snap too “rah rah America.’’ Eventually, the photo was placed in the museum — grouped with two other pictures, its power reduced by America-averse pinheads.
Once again, Billy Eisengrein feels he’s under attack.
“It offends me as an American,’’ he told me.“To downplay and diminish [the picture]. It is bulls--t!
“It’s political correctness and trying to rewrite history. People are not afraid about offending Americans, and people who have a strong belief on what this country was founded on,’’ said Billy, 49, still a firefighter at Rescue 2 in Brooklyn.
“If it was up to me — and you can print this — if he thinks that picture is too rah-rah America, he should move someplace better in this world to live. I’ve had it with political correctness. It’s taking the country down.’’
Oh Billy! So what if we’ve fallen far since 9/11. The case of the savaged picture illustrates how displays of patriotism makes us liberal folks uncomfortable. Many in power, in the media, and even those designing museums that co-star terrorists would rather meditate on what America did to make them hate us, rather than what we can do to vanquish our enemies. A compromise over the picture was proposed by curator Jan Ramirez. The flag-waving photo was minimized in favor of three shots, taken at different angles of the scene.
As Michelle put it, "all this for a flag?" What is we offend future pilots of jets that will fly into buildings?
http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2011/...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959662 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What fraud is that? You mean the fraud put forth by the Republicans as this was their start of obstructionism putting their poor excuse of a Party ahead of our country's interests? That Fraud?
the Republicans were not in control of anything when the O'bama shovel shit ready stimulus started--now you are saying they 'obstructed' it? OMG brain deal fool.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#959663 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave and other Liberals here have proven… You can put everything Liberals/Democrats knows on the Tip Of A Pencil Head and still have Space and Stupid is Forever!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#959664 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that s pathetic.
I had never seen this one until just now Duh A Vey.

But I certainly feel comfortable saying- it was NOT, NOT, NOT(!)...

ANY Bush flying that plane.

WHEN will you zombieTics figure that TRUTH out?

http://www.dirjournal.com/internet-journal/wp...
Anthony W

New York, NY

#959665 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When you bring up golf & vacations, we all know you are an idiot.
Davey, we Democrats have to stick together and not get nasty. Hold still I want to send you a special picture to show you my "love", but you can nickname it anything you like.

So whatever do you mean calling me an idiot? All the explanations about the employment numbers are true Davey. But if you feel better ignoring them, then that is all that's matters.

I mean it’s not like I begrudge the Obama family's luxurious summer digs on yet another expensive vacation this year. It’s not like last years vacay at the $21 million, 28.5-acre Blue Heron Farm that has hosted Obama and his massive entourage since 2009 and isn't available for rental anymore because a British mogul snapped it up.

This year my BFF, Barack and Family, are staying with the Schulte's who made his money the way Mitt Romney did but its OK cause he’s a Democrat and loves Obama.

Of course if this private-equity whiz Schulte was a Republican and not a deep-pocketed Obama donor, the Occupy hordes and left-wing super-PACs would have made him a household name by now. The SEIU already would have picketed his private residence. Cher, Bette Midler and Chris Rock would be tweeting furiously about this privileged white robber baron in all caps.

Schulte, you see, earned his money in much the same way the demonized Mitt Romney did: through corporate restructuring and rescuing debt-burdened companies. He and his former partner, Sam Zell, have happily embraced the nickname “grave dancers” since the early 1990s. By 1993, their billion-dollar “vulture fund” based in Chicago had purchased all or part of Jacor Communications, the embattled media conglomerate; Sealy Corp., the mattress empire; and the distressed Schwinn Bicycle Co. The duo also scooped up Santa Fe Energy Resources (an oil and gas company) through a partnership and refinanced Revco D.S., the drugstore chain. Schulte called his financial playground “the land of broken dreams,” according to the Los Angeles Times.

Team Obama had plenty of brutal depictions for GOP private-equity mavens during the 2012 campaign:“Looter.”“Corporate raider.”“Greedy Gekko.”“Heartless profiteer.” Liberal media outlets likened Romney's cohorts to mobsters, strip miners and cannibals.

Super-PAC Priorities USA Action, run by former Obama spokesman Bill Burton, teamed with shameless campaign-mouth-turned-CNN-talk er Stephanie Cutter to smear Romney's private-equity record.

They falsely accused Romney and Bain Capital of allowing laid-off steelworker Joe Soptic's wife to die of cancer — even though she had insurance coverage after he lost his job. Romney was no longer with the company when Soptic's plant closed, and the wife died seven years after Romney's departure.

Like Schulte, Romney's Bain record includes many successful turnarounds that saved workers' jobs, pensions and health benefits — including Staples and Sports Authority.

But Davey, I think you can agree that when Democrats do it, it's creative capitalism. But when Republicans do it, it's a criminal enterprise.

The double standards are rich. But Obama's coffers are richer.

Democrat demagoguery means never having to say you're sorry for throwing stones at glass houses while vacationing in the compounds that “vulture capitalism” built.

I love you Davey and I'm sending a picture just for you.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#959666 Aug 5, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And whose fault is that you clueless twit? The GOP controlled House has blocked any job creation proposals from the White House. Have they proposed anything that would create jobs, repair our crumbling infrastructure and bring manufacturing jobs back from overseas? No, instead we got 40 useless going nowhere votes to repeal Obamacare at a total cost of 60 million wasted taxpayer dollars.
You're an idiot Carol.
Talk about a clueless twit, you represent one very well, Petey? They aren't doing something, to get along you clueless twit, using your words. Congress was set up to be adversarial. Obamacare is.. the boondoggle. But you don't know that do you. It's also Communistic. Get a job Petey, you can use your family name, ought to open a few doors for you???

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959668 Aug 5, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>And if there were another attack, we liberals would have to be on the lookout for signs of patriotism that we can later label as too rah, rah. It just isn't cool and as the first lady proudly said in disgust, "All this for a flag?"
We libs have to stay politically correct, and I for one am tired of this patriotism being put out there for all to see like when people actually sing the Star Spangled Banner without grabbing their crotchs and spitting.
So the patriot named Billy Eisengrein, better known as the third firefighter on the right on Sept. 11, 2001, stood amid the wreckage of Ground Zero when he spotted two firefighters. One held in his hand a miracle: a large, unscathed American flag.
Climbing atop the roof of a construction trailer, piled with debris that used to be the World Trade Center, the men — George Johnson (on the left), Daniel McWilliams (center), and William “Billy’’ Eisengrein — proudly hoisted that flag into the air.
The moment was captured, in its poetry, by the shutter of Record photographer Thomas Franklin.
But 12 years later, because of libs that moment has been reduced to rubble.
Patriotic Americans at the 9/11 museum wanted to display the picture of the men, victoriously raising the Stars and Stripes in defiance of the terrorists who tried to destroy us, but were slammed and slandered by some PC liberal staffers at the yet-to-open 9/11 Museum.
Creative director Michael Shulan called the snap too “rah rah America.’’ Eventually, the photo was placed in the museum — grouped with two other pictures, its power reduced by America-averse pinheads.
Once again, Billy Eisengrein feels he’s under attack.
“It offends me as an American,’’ he told me.“To downplay and diminish [the picture]. It is bulls--t!
“It’s political correctness and trying to rewrite history. People are not afraid about offending Americans, and people who have a strong belief on what this country was founded on,’’ said Billy, 49, still a firefighter at Rescue 2 in Brooklyn.
“If it was up to me — and you can print this — if he thinks that picture is too rah-rah America, he should move someplace better in this world to live. I’ve had it with political correctness. It’s taking the country down.’’
Oh Billy! So what if we’ve fallen far since 9/11. The case of the savaged picture illustrates how displays of patriotism makes us liberal folks uncomfortable. Many in power, in the media, and even those designing museums that co-star terrorists would rather meditate on what America did to make them hate us, rather than what we can do to vanquish our enemies. A compromise over the picture was proposed by curator Jan Ramirez. The flag-waving photo was minimized in favor of three shots, taken at different angles of the scene.
As Michelle put it, "all this for a flag?" What is we offend future pilots of jets that will fly into buildings?
O'bama should go blow up an Aspirin factory over there in Muzzieville--that's what Bill Clinton did--Mr. Wiener--I think you are on to something here. Moochie O'bama likes what her friends do to the flag: Many people don't know that Moochie worked with Ayer's wife Dorn at the da Mayor's office. Jesse Jackass Sr put Moochie O'bama in the position, she didn't do any work, but got a paycheck...liberal Utopia!
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/john-stephenson/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959669 Aug 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>another thing, you are a using a left wing source for your information just pointing that out since you accuse everybody else as using right wing sites that dont fit the Pseudo Liberal Agenda which is based on false pretense and Detroit Michigan has proven that.
Media bias in the United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias_in_th...
right wing source....

How Fractured Is the GOP?
By Charles Krauthammer

...Led by Sens. Mike Lee and Ted Cruz, the GOP insurgents are threatening to shut down the government on Oct. 1 if the stopgap funding bill contains money for Obamacare.

This is nuts. The president will never sign a bill defunding the singular achievement of his presidency. Especially when he has control of the Senate. Especially when, though a narrow majority (51 percent) of Americans disapprove of Obamacare, only 36 percent favor repeal. President Obama so knows he'll win any shutdown showdown that he's practically goading the Republicans into trying.

Never make a threat on which you are not prepared to deliver. Every fiscal showdown has redounded against the Republicans. The first, in 1995, effectively marked the end of the Gingrich revolution. The latest, last December, led to a last-minute Republican cave that humiliated the GOP and did nothing to stop the tax hike it so strongly opposed.

Those who fancy themselves tea party patriots fighting a sold-out cocktail-swilling establishment are demanding yet another cliff dive as a show of principle and manliness.

But there's no principle at stake here. This is about tactics. If I thought this would work, I would support it. But I don't fancy suicide. It has a tendency to be fatal.

As for manliness, the real question here is sanity. Nothing could better revive the fortunes of a failing, flailing, fading Democratic administration than a government shutdown where the president is portrayed as standing up to the GOP on honoring our debts and paying our soldiers in the field.

How many times must we learn the lesson? You can't govern from one house of Congress. You need to win back the Senate and then the presidency. Shutting down the government is the worst possible way to get there. Indeed, it's Obama's fondest hope for a Democratic recovery.

http://patriotpost.us/opinion/19387

let's see you relate that to media bias.

it's getting to the point of where every time a conservative yells media bias everyone wants to know what the GOP screwed up this time.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#959670 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you claim all FHA loans are CRA loans.
Show me where the CRA called for no Doc loans.
Do you know what a community organizers is? I didn't think so.
I know what community organizers do here in New York City, and their jobs are very important.

1) Whenever a new building or construction project is underway, they make sure that we hire young men from the neighborhood at a higher than minimum wage. Their uniform is a hoodie with pants worn way below their butt cracks. Most never show up for work, but we Democrats are spending other people's money, so it is A-OK.

2) Whenever a wonderful young career criminal is killed by the police, we ignore that they are career crminals and accuse the police of murdering young black men without cause. Al Sharpton is our mentor.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#959671 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama should go blow up an Aspirin factory over there in Muzzieville--that's what Bill Clinton did--Mr. Wiener--I think you are on to something here. Moochie O'bama likes what her friends do to the flag: Many people don't know that Moochie worked with Ayer's wife Dorn at the da Mayor's office. Jesse Jackass Sr put Moochie O'bama in the position, she didn't do any work, but got a paycheck...liberal Utopia!
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/john-stephenson/...
Clinton sent misslies to the site where Intel said bombs were built that were used in the embassy bombing.

I guess you would prefer Clinton waste a couple trillion dollars & kill 4000 soldiers invading a country that had nothing to do with 9-11.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#959672 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that s pathetic.
I have some velcro darts and knows of some good re-imaging/editing software if you get bored with your crayolas LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959673 Aug 5, 2013
Look Who's Feuding Now: A Map of GOP Infighting, August Recess Edition

There's a huge fight among Republicans in Congress over whether they should shutdown the government unless President Obama agrees to defund Obamacare. Utah Sen. Mike Lee has written a letter saying he won't vote to fund the government unless Obamacare is defunded, and 11 other senators signed it: Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, James Inhofe, John Thune, Mike Enzi, Deb Fischer, Chuck Grassley,David Vitter, and James Risch. A similar letter has been signed by Reps. Marlin Stutzman, Michele Bachmann, Jim Jordan, Steve Scalise, and Amash.

But Obama won't sign a law killing his signature achievement, and a shutdown would risk making the House GOP very unpopular, according to Oklahoma Rep. Tom Cole. "The only way Republicans will lose the House is to shut down the government or default on the debt," Cole told Politico. "I'm not inclined to jeopardize the crown jewel... and the House of Representatives is the crown jewel in this election cycle." Sen. Tom Coburn agreed it'd help Democrats retake the House, and Sen. Richard Burr said it's "the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard of." On Tuesday, Sen. Bob Corker called it a "silly effort," adding, "I don't look at that as very courageous… Most of us see through it and realize that these people are really just taking themselves out of the debate." In an editorial for FoxNews.com , Karl Rove said Republicans "must resist a game of chicken with the president."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#959674 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton sent misslies to the site where Intel said bombs were built that were used in the embassy bombing.
I guess you would prefer Clinton waste a couple trillion dollars & kill 4000 soldiers invading a country that had nothing to do with 9-11.
The neighboring Iraq lands of Kuwait/Dubai consulates closed still.

HUH....go figure.

DUHMMY.
LCN Llin

United States

#959675 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
right wing source....
How Fractured Is the GOP?
By Charles Krauthammer
...Led by Sens. Mike Lee and Ted Cruz, the GOP insurgents are threatening to shut down the government on Oct. 1 if the stopgap funding bill contains money for Obamacare.
This is nuts. The president will never sign a bill defunding the singular achievement of his presidency. Especially when he has control of the Senate. Especially when, though a narrow majority (51 percent) of Americans disapprove of Obamacare, only 36 percent favor repeal. President Obama so knows he'll win any shutdown showdown that he's practically goading the Republicans into trying.
Never make a threat on which you are not prepared to deliver. Every fiscal showdown has redounded against the Republicans. The first, in 1995, effectively marked the end of the Gingrich revolution. The latest, last December, led to a last-minute Republican cave that humiliated the GOP and did nothing to stop the tax hike it so strongly opposed.
Those who fancy themselves tea party patriots fighting a sold-out cocktail-swilling establishment are demanding yet another cliff dive as a show of principle and manliness.
But there's no principle at stake here. This is about tactics. If I thought this would work, I would support it. But I don't fancy suicide. It has a tendency to be fatal.
As for manliness, the real question here is sanity. Nothing could better revive the fortunes of a failing, flailing, fading Democratic administration than a government shutdown where the president is portrayed as standing up to the GOP on honoring our debts and paying our soldiers in the field.
How many times must we learn the lesson? You can't govern from one house of Congress. You need to win back the Senate and then the presidency. Shutting down the government is the worst possible way to get there. Indeed, it's Obama's fondest hope for a Democratic recovery.
http://patriotpost.us/opinion/19387
let's see you relate that to media bias.
it's getting to the point of where every time a conservative yells media bias everyone wants to know what the GOP screwed up this time.
Republicans fiddle while their party burns.
Reagan and Eisenhower now disregarded by the party termites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min litesong 46,737
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min Obama Sux 49,875
Abby 9-20 21 min Mister Tonka 11
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,499
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 623
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,721
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,282
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••