Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232300 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959895 Aug 5, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave I donít think Obamaís been in a Black neighborhood since heís been President sent Biden to the NAACP conference to address Black Issues!! Davy 95% of Blacks voted for Obama what does the Black community have to show for their Loyalty 14% unemployment among adults 40% among Youth Ö Whatís Up?
Much of that 14% unemployment and even higher for African-Americans can be contributed to the anti-affirmative action and roll back of anti-racial discriminatory laws in school admissions, job placement, and public office under the Newt Gingrich -led Congress in the 90's.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959896 Aug 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
People with a history of credit problems should remain renters.
And yet, AOI's article contradicts YOU and HIM.

A curious dilemma for the two of you.
LCN Llin

United States

#959897 Aug 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So what's Obama's excuse for oppressing the 'stani people over a decade later? Osama's dead...Saddam's dead...there's no excuse to still be sending drones over civilian heads, instilling a never-ending sense of dread and persecution in their minds.
talk to someone who ran in this years Boston Marathon

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#959898 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you claim all FHA loans are CRA loans.
Show me where the CRA called for no Doc loans.
Do you know what a community organizers is? I didn't think so.
"real dumb"
Community organizer - One who specializes in directing the lazy to government programs providing, free food, free housing, free medical care.
Peace
KMA

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#959899 Aug 5, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> It is a well-known finding of Government watchdog groups that it was government regulatory agencies lax enforcement of the rules and often ignoring violations by the big banks and mortgage lenders that caused the financial subprime crisis to explode --republicans are creating the conditions for another 'train wreck' of our financial system by pushing defunding of these government regulatory agencies so they can not do their job of oversight and policing of Wall Street. Do-nothing republicans in the House wants our government to fail and our economy to collapse because they think that it will hurt President Barack Obama. How did Tea Party republicans get so hateful and destructive?
How did Liberals become so willfully ignorant and blindly evil?

Any government bureaucrat or first line worker is subject to Administration pressures. Fact of life.

Look at the present day partisan IRS, racist DOJ, clueless State Dept. and the scared military leadership who follow the Magic Negro's lead referring to Muslim Terrorism within the ranks of the military as "workplace violence". Look at the CIA Operatives who now fear for their lives and for the safety of their families because of the Magic Negro's attempts to cover up international bungling.
Tits Magee

Paris, France

#959900 Aug 5, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the pseudo "lady"
What's a pseudo lady? Is that one who pretends gentility but likes big pecker better? But.. but.. butt.. that's what you are, right? Rest of 'em are out lookin' for more pecker.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#959901 Aug 5, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense. Something politicians on both sides seem to lack
Scrutinizing politics in America is like trying to make sense of a Salvador Dali painting...pointless and surreal.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959902 Aug 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you mean It doesn't change your opinion 8 years later no matter what your claim is especially when the facts are there and what happened with the CRA and its been changed Legislative and Low Income people cant get houses like the used to which now they have to prove financial ability like everybody else who buys a house.
What facts did you provide son? I give you numbers and sources from the FRB....

... you provide political hacks with opinions and wikipedia with links that go nowhere.

The facts ARE there. You just don't look at them and instead, keep trying to duck, dodge and dance away from the subject.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#959903 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Woodward, Gene Sperling, a senior White House official, had "been less than gracious and intimidating."
Woodward then received criticism from journalists and pundits - probably instigated by Sperling at Obama's behest.
It was only after Sperling sent Woodward an email apologizing for his overreaction did Woodward become more forgiving and toned down his criticism.
Woodward also made a point of saying he had had many disagreements with David Axelrod but Axelrod never said ďYouíre going to regret reaching a conclusion that we donít like.Ē
(By the way, David Axelrod just created "scandals" about Obama's opponents. Obama won unopposed twice in the Illinois Senate and unopposed once in U.S. Senate after an alleged "nasty divorce" scandal by one opponent and an alleged "sex" scandal by another was smeared all over the newspapers.)
Don't you find those odds rather unusual? One candidate wins unopposed three times?
Scary, people care more about a politicians personsal life than weapons running in Libya

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#959904 Aug 5, 2013
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
What's an uzie? Is that like some sort of secret Jewish weapon, that if you aim it at a republican and pull the trigger it threatens to take away their money unless the elephants vote the way AIPAC wants?
An "uzie" is an affectionate codeword Liberals use to describe themselves. They ooze from both ends.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959905 Aug 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Come to the mainland and say that, you coward!
Why? It's not going to change a thing.
Tits Magee

Paris, France

#959906 Aug 5, 2013
I always figured there'd still be plenty of Ivory Bills around if they'd just re-named 'em Big-Assed Peckers... women woulda been out in the remaining swamps with, um, uzies.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959907 Aug 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So what's Obama's excuse for oppressing the 'stani people over a decade later? Osama's dead...Saddam's dead...there's no excuse to still be sending drones over civilian heads, instilling a never-ending sense of dread and persecution in their minds.
I wouldn't know son...

.... that's your claim.
Tits Magee

Paris, France

#959908 Aug 5, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Community organizer - One who specializes in directing the lazy to government programs providing, free food, free housing, free medical care.
Peace
KMA
Kinda like Jesus, huh? Or did he make you do 100 pushups before he'd whip out a fish or heal your leprosy?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959909 Aug 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Republican Party hierarchy supports ObamaKKKare and amnesty for illegal aliens in defiance of the vast majority of their supporters, then the party is irrelevant and deserves to expire.
only 36% want it repealed.

so it might be a good idea to worry about the 64% who aren't going to be voting for a republican if they repeal it.

but as we're seeing from some of the republicans....someone is worried. worried about what some of you don't seem to care about anymore....putting a republican back in the White House. and as we all know....bashing Obama has failed.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#959910 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obstructionism - voting no on everything. Try to keep up.
Meeting in December of 2008 & deciding their course of action was - if Obama was for it, they were against it, Obstructionism.
Try to become better informed. You are embarrassing yourself.
"real dumb"
Obstructionism - The Us Senate under the rule of hairless reed refusing to vote on 40+ bills passed by the house.
Peace
KMA
Tits Magee

Paris, France

#959911 Aug 5, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
An "uzie" is an affectionate codeword Liberals use to describe themselves. They ooze from both ends.
Well, that's good to know, I thought it might be another dumb republican bitch who cain't spell gud.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#959912 Aug 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>With my own eyes I watched Woodward backpedal. Book sales doll__no more no less. The guy is no longer relevant, he's on the outside looking in__an he wannabe-an he wannabe-back on the inside.
Catch my drift girl?
But you wear beer goggles most of the time so who knows what you think you saw.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#959913 Aug 5, 2013
Has anybody heard or seen Biden?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959914 Aug 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the poster didn't know what they were talking about and that they should educate themselves when in fact it was you who didn't know what you were talking about.
PS: Andrew Jackson must have been pretty surprised to find himself succeeding Abraham Lincoln.
It was simply a slip-up. You know...like a brain fart? You have them all the time. So if anyone should know...

I obviously meant Andrew Johnson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Fair Game 53,473
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr JRB 189,746
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Net Workit 5,994
Amy 5-23 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 5-23 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 14 hr RICO 7,567
Word (Dec '08) 16 hr Dream Crystal 5,239
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]