Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LCN Llin

United States

#959675 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
right wing source....
How Fractured Is the GOP?
By Charles Krauthammer
...Led by Sens. Mike Lee and Ted Cruz, the GOP insurgents are threatening to shut down the government on Oct. 1 if the stopgap funding bill contains money for Obamacare.
This is nuts. The president will never sign a bill defunding the singular achievement of his presidency. Especially when he has control of the Senate. Especially when, though a narrow majority (51 percent) of Americans disapprove of Obamacare, only 36 percent favor repeal. President Obama so knows he'll win any shutdown showdown that he's practically goading the Republicans into trying.
Never make a threat on which you are not prepared to deliver. Every fiscal showdown has redounded against the Republicans. The first, in 1995, effectively marked the end of the Gingrich revolution. The latest, last December, led to a last-minute Republican cave that humiliated the GOP and did nothing to stop the tax hike it so strongly opposed.
Those who fancy themselves tea party patriots fighting a sold-out cocktail-swilling establishment are demanding yet another cliff dive as a show of principle and manliness.
But there's no principle at stake here. This is about tactics. If I thought this would work, I would support it. But I don't fancy suicide. It has a tendency to be fatal.
As for manliness, the real question here is sanity. Nothing could better revive the fortunes of a failing, flailing, fading Democratic administration than a government shutdown where the president is portrayed as standing up to the GOP on honoring our debts and paying our soldiers in the field.
How many times must we learn the lesson? You can't govern from one house of Congress. You need to win back the Senate and then the presidency. Shutting down the government is the worst possible way to get there. Indeed, it's Obama's fondest hope for a Democratic recovery.
http://patriotpost.us/opinion/19387
let's see you relate that to media bias.
it's getting to the point of where every time a conservative yells media bias everyone wants to know what the GOP screwed up this time.
Republicans fiddle while their party burns.
Reagan and Eisenhower now disregarded by the party termites.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#959676 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The new left destroyed the Democrats in the 1960s.
Love the RINO fight! Tea party against the Republicans in 2013.
You are right, we are seeing the same thing happening within the Republican Party today as what happened to the Democrat Party in the 1960's and when you said that time that Reagan would be considered a RINO in todays political climate you are right because Reagan was a Pseudo Liberal Democrat most of his life until the takeover of the Democrat Party by the New Left Pseudo Liberal Democrats in the 1960's and that is when Reagan changed his affiliation to a Republican but still a Pseudo Liberal & a Democrat in my book and one of those former Democrats that was slowly changing the Republican Party within which to me to Trickle Down Economics was based on the Old Left Pseudo Liberalism thinking which is what FDR did with Government Spending that Reagan was implementing just not in the economical & social context of thinking of the Pseudo Liberal New Left Democrats of today and when he was President and like Reagan Said "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The party left me". but he still held to those Pseudo Liberal Values under FDR.

Ronald Reagan on Franklin Roosevelt: The Significance of Style
K. Alan Snyder - 08/20/08

http://www.firstprinciplesjournal.com/print.a...

here is Ronald Reagan ripping on the Republicans.

Reagan Campaigns for Truman in 1948

&fe ature=related
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959677 Aug 5, 2013
Rand Paul and the G.O.P.’s Ball of Cheerful Hate

Congress has closed for a five-week vacation, leaving the rest of us to figure out what happened in the several days of yelling about bills that no one was willing to pass, and to ask whether there is anything left of the Republican Party. The best approach might be to put together a diagram of who hates whom in the G.O.P., except that the drawing would get too messy; you’d need an Etch A Sketch and, like Mitt Romney, after a while you’d just want to shake it.

.... The Republican Party has not embarked on a grand civil war, with battle lines drawn and generals appointed. It’s more like one of those fights in a cartoon, with characters jumping into a swirl of limbs and dust and cowboy hats. It is a rolling ball of cheerful hate, careening downhill, uprooting trees and legislative priorities, heedless of where it, or the country, is going.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closere...
LCN Llin

United States

#959678 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton sent misslies to the site where Intel said bombs were built that were used in the embassy bombing.
I guess you would prefer Clinton waste a couple trillion dollars & kill 4000 soldiers invading a country that had nothing to do with 9-11.
Logic and "true believers" do not mix
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959679 Aug 5, 2013
Report: Tamerlan Tsarnaev Was In Possession Of Right-Wing Literature

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...

let the right wing denial fest begin!!

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#959680 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>the Republicans were not in control of anything when the O'bama shovel shit ready stimulus started--now you are saying they 'obstructed' it? OMG brain deal fool.
Obstructionism - voting no on everything. Try to keep up.

Meeting in December of 2008 & deciding their course of action was - if Obama was for it, they were against it, Obstructionism.

Try to become better informed. You are embarrassing yourself.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959681 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans fiddle while their party burns.
Reagan and Eisenhower now disregarded by the party termites.
...and Bush is written out of American history.

i wonder why that is? and why do they believe that not telling 3 million FOXbots the truth is going to change anything?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#959682 Aug 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Punks.
Bus drivers should carry mace and tasers, for bully punks like that.
3 on 1 is the usual chimpout M.O.. Where is Bernhard Goetz or George Zimmerman when you really need him?

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#959683 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama should go blow up an Aspirin factory over there in Muzzieville--that's what Bill Clinton did--Mr. Wiener--I think you are on to something here. Moochie O'bama likes what her friends do to the flag: Many people don't know that Moochie worked with Ayer's wife Dorn at the da Mayor's office. Jesse Jackass Sr put Moochie O'bama in the position, she didn't do any work, but got a paycheck...liberal Utopia!
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/john-stephenson/...
When did Bernadette Dorn work for the Mayor of Chicago?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959684 Aug 5, 2013
Republican governors sounded the alarm this past weekend over threats by some members of their party to risk a government shutdown in a quixotic effort to defund Obamacare, The New York Times reported.

Attending the summer meeting of the National Governors Association in Milwaukee, a host of GOP state leaders said that, despite their own misgivings about the new federal health care law, the effort by Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT), Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Rand Paul (R-KY) could bring both economic and political risks.

“I have made the case that Obamacare is not good for the economy, but I have some real concerns about potentially doing something that would have a negative impact on the economy just for the short term — I think there are other ways to pursue this,” Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) said, according to the Times.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R), who blocked the health care law's Medicaid expansion in his state, wondered how long his party will go to the mat to gut President Barack Obama's signature legislative achievement.

“How much blood are we going to leave on the floor over this?” he said, according to the Times.

The call to defund Obamacare has created something of a schism on the right. Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer wrote last week that the effort by Lee, Rubio and Paul is "nuts." Sens. Bob Corker (R-TN) and Tom Coburn (R-OK) have also spoken out forcefully against the push.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#959685 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rand Paul and the G.O.P.’s Ball of Cheerful Hate
Congress has closed for a five-week vacation, leaving the rest of us to figure out what happened in the several days of yelling about bills that no one was willing to pass, and to ask whether there is anything left of the Republican Party. The best approach might be to put together a diagram of who hates whom in the G.O.P., except that the drawing would get too messy; you’d need an Etch A Sketch and, like Mitt Romney, after a while you’d just want to shake it.
.... The Republican Party has not embarked on a grand civil war, with battle lines drawn and generals appointed. It’s more like one of those fights in a cartoon, with characters jumping into a swirl of limbs and dust and cowboy hats. It is a rolling ball of cheerful hate, careening downhill, uprooting trees and legislative priorities, heedless of where it, or the country, is going.
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closere...
Did you get your firewater delivered yet today, injun joe?
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#959686 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies fly when their logic won't.
Carol to her credit. did come up with some leaders of the GOP other than Rush. Trouble is for the GOP, the Tea Party seems to be attacking Carols list as RINOs
Do you have feathers? I mean do you look like a giant retarded eagle?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959687 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton sent misslies to the site where Intel said bombs were built that were used in the embassy bombing.
I guess you would prefer Clinton waste a couple trillion dollars & kill 4000 soldiers invading a country that had nothing to do with 9-11.
Clinton sent cigars up the snatch of a young Jewish woman, then he used Intel that was three years old to bomb an aspirin factory. Then he signed into law a regime change in Iraq supported by all democrats AND republicans.

Now about the putz O'bama: We have already muddied any message of fearlessness by turning our embassies into bunkers. Now, we are admitting that these bunkers aren’t safe. What next? Virtual embassies on Facebook? Ambassadors who never leave Washington? Fearless O'bama shaking in his yellow tennis shoes blowing out his candles. Let them eat cake.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959689 Aug 5, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get your firewater delivered yet today, injun joe?
i've always wondered if those who take a Topix name like 'big bad wolf' are compensating for something.

beyond the obvious mental aspect.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959690 Aug 5, 2013
Man Shot Trying to Stop Friend from Driving Drunk

http://fox8.com/2013/08/04/man-shot-trying-to...

white people. seems they'll never learn.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959691 Aug 5, 2013
House Republicans Embark On a Harebrained Scheme That Only a Moron Could Believe In

House Republican leaders have armed their members with their August recess talking point. If you hate government, it is all Obama’s fault.

The AP reports,“House Republicans will take a carefully orchestrated, staunchly anti-Washington campaign to voters this month, blaming President Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats for Americans’ unhappiness with government.” The AP story goes on to mention that it might be difficult for House Republicans to blame Democrats and Obama for everything being that they control the House of Representatives, but John Boehner’s spokesperson Michael Steel already had an answer for that,“We have control of only one-half of one-third of the federal government.”

The House Republican argument is that you hate the government because Republicans don’t control enough of it. This argument ignores the fact that most Americans are upset with Washington because there is no cooperation, and it is House Republicans who are behind the vast majority of the gridlock. Then there is the problem of the policies that House Republicans are advocating. John Boehner’s Circus of Dysfunction can only seem to agree on doing one thing, voting repeatedly to repeal Obamacare. That’s it. The House has wasted 15% of their time in session trying to repeal Obamacare.

The whole blame Obama for everything trick is nothing new. It has been the GOP’s go to move since January of 2009, but what Republicans have always ignored is that even at his lowest, President Obama is more popular than they are. Obama is roughly four times more popular than Congress right now, so House Republicans have decided that they will blame the president for everything.

This strategy will play well in their gerrymandered House districts, which is the entire point. House Republicans never stop thinking about what plays well in their districts. All those votes to repeal Obamacare show the folks back home that the House is working for them. To the rest of the country the whole thing is moronic, but Republicans view this as their path to keeping their majority.

Once again, House Republicans are back in their districts promising to do nothing, but oppose Obama. It sells well there, but it also destroys the national party. As Republican Steve Schmidt recently told The New York Times,“They are totally insulated from public opinion on this because of redistricting. Republicans are gonna continue to hold the House. But then we’ll head into the 2016 presidential election where the electorate is likely to be 2 percent less white than it was in 2012 and 4 percent less white than it was in 2008. This is a simple math equation.’

House Republicans have embraced a plan that only an idiot could love. They are going to insult the majority of the country by pretending like we are all stupid and don’t know what is really going on. It isn’t just insulting. It is should be offensive to anyone with one functioning brain cell, and it is destroying the Republican Party.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/05/house-...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#959693 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies fly when their logic won't.
Carol to her credit. did come up with some leaders of the GOP other than Rush. Trouble is for the GOP, the Tea Party seems to be attacking Carols list as RINOs
Embassy consulate closures = Al Qaeda 'on steroids' since Benghazi attack...

One Year ago Obama said al-Qaida on run and now democrats are on run...

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959694 Aug 5, 2013
House GOP Weighs Defunding ACORN In 13th Vote To Block Funds To Defunct Organization

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/05/gop-...

so where is that GOP jobs bill?

[crickets]
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#959695 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republican governors sounded the alarm this past weekend over threats by some members of their party to risk a government shutdown in a quixotic effort to defund Obamacare, The New York Times reported.
Attending the summer meeting of the National Governors Association in Milwaukee, a host of GOP state leaders said that, despite their own misgivings about the new federal health care law, the effort by Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT), Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Rand Paul (R-KY) could bring both economic and political risks.
“I have made the case that Obamacare is not good for the economy, but I have some real concerns about potentially doing something that would have a negative impact on the economy just for the short term — I think there are other ways to pursue this,” Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) said, according to the Times.
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R), who blocked the health care law's Medicaid expansion in his state, wondered how long his party will go to the mat to gut President Barack Obama's signature legislative achievement.
“How much blood are we going to leave on the floor over this?” he said, according to the Times.
The call to defund Obamacare has created something of a schism on the right. Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer wrote last week that the effort by Lee, Rubio and Paul is "nuts." Sens. Bob Corker (R-TN) and Tom Coburn (R-OK) have also spoken out forcefully against the push.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
how bout you...you have feathers? Are you a giant frekkin eagle lookin retard?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959696 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've always wondered if those who take a Topix name like 'big bad wolf' are compensating for something.
beyond the obvious mental aspect.
I always wonder about those democrats like Anthony Wiener take pictures of themselves and send them are compensating for something. Huma Doormat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 8 min Tim 146
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Mothra 49,360
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min KiMare 51,296
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Guru 182,155
Word (Dec '08) 28 min Breezy _Soul 4,797
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min RACE 4,924
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,327
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]