Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959703 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>My Gosh child, you put up a whole post that states that O'bama isn't in charge of anything. Are you serious? O'bama doesn't have a clue? thanks for the update, but most of us knew that before he was elected the first time.:)
Obama isn't in charge?

so who's leading the GOP at the moment? who's the man in charge?

LMAO
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959704 Aug 5, 2013
funny stuff....

Fox v. Fox On GOP Attempts To Defund Obamacare Through Government Shutdown

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/08/02/fox-v...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959705 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obstructionism - voting no on everything. Try to keep up.
Meeting in December of 2008 & deciding their course of action was - if Obama was for it, they were against it, Obstructionism.
Try to become better informed. You are embarrassing yourself.
O'bama was not president of the United States in December of 2008--ROTFLMAO--and you think I am embarrassing myself. You are a retard.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959706 Aug 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you just explained yourself.
The postings I've made say otherwise.... especially since you're selective about answering.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959707 Aug 5, 2013
John Sununu: "Look, let me tell you what the big problem with this president is in my opinion. He is absolutely lazy and detached from his job. When he doesn't go and attend 60% of the detailed presidential daily briefings that come from the CIA and thinks he can just skim it, skim the summary paper on his iPad instead of sitting down and engaging in what -- I was in the White House with George Herbert Walker Bush. He took that brief everyday. George W. Bush took it everyday and I believe that Bill Clinton took it everyday. This president thinks he's smarter than those guys and he doesn't have to engage in the discussion. That's the most important half-hour of the day for a president who has to protect the security of the United States."
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959708 Aug 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you just posted another fabricated twist & spin made up story with no regards to the facts which is obvious and the facts were thrown out the window & discarded in the name of Pseudo Liberalism and I am starting to believe you are part of the entitlement society that depends on those Pseudo Liberal Democrats economically just like those in Detroit and that is what happened to Detroit, Michigan and that was the epicenter of the New Left Pseudo Liberal Democrats and just look at the results of the Great Society Utopia implemented there which proved the Pseudo Liberal Democrats economical policy is a economical & social failure because it depends on other peoples money and that is what is wrong with Pseudo Liberalism and Democrats that align with that Ideology and again those Pseudo Liberals in Detroit proved that and the only ones left.
Fine son. Let's take YOUR position of my 'throwing out the facts.'

If true, it should be easy for you to provide them. And if you're claim is going to be you already have in previous posts, then you're right back to your right wing conspiracy 'analysis' as your proof instead of looking at the numbers like the FRB.

And that would prove you have no facts, which would mean you're right back here... again... as usual.

After all, missing links in wiki, quoting AEI representatives on what they believe doesn't constitute anything near facts in the real world... just their opinions.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959709 Aug 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Democrat party had already self destructed years ago in the 1960's with those New Left Democrats as they called themselve tookover the party and LBJ was there leader who was a racist.
And cons are self destructing now.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959710 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans have abandoned "he was born in Kenya" and taken up serious infighting which may destroy the party?
lol! I enjoyed those Kenyan soliloquies! Every time they opened their mouths, it's like shouting 'look how stupid I am!'

And boy, are they ever!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959711 Aug 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>another thing, you are a using a left wing source for your information just pointing that out since you accuse everybody else as using right wing sites that dont fit the Pseudo Liberal Agenda which is based on false pretense and Detroit Michigan has proven that.
Media bias in the United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias_in_th...
Funny. Using right wing sources never stopped you from claiming your source as facts... when it clearly wasn't.
LCN Llin

United States

#959713 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
John Sununu: "Look, let me tell you what the big problem with this president is in my opinion. He is absolutely lazy and detached from his job. When he doesn't go and attend 60% of the detailed presidential daily briefings that come from the CIA and thinks he can just skim it, skim the summary paper on his iPad instead of sitting down and engaging in what -- I was in the White House with George Herbert Walker Bush. He took that brief everyday. George W. Bush took it everyday and I believe that Bill Clinton took it everyday. This president thinks he's smarter than those guys and he doesn't have to engage in the discussion. That's the most important half-hour of the day for a president who has to protect the security of the United States."
Good morning,
Try not to be defensive as the Republican party begins to attack their own members.
Reagan would spin in his grave.

Prevented this

#959714 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush Limbaugh and the Republicans' vote-losing sex phobia
Between Limbaugh's 'slut' insult and Santorum's prohibitionism, it seems that GOP now stands for Grand Old Puritan party
....The sense that a candidate is having sex is a much more powerful and positive attribute than the sense that he is not.(Bill Clinton, most obviously.)
That is, actually, the corner the Republicans have gotten themselves into now. For some time, the conservative subtext has been to suggest that the liberals were less flesh-and-blood than the visceral Republicans. One was fey, the other strong. One snobbish and remote, the other popular and direct. The message here was simple: Republican men are men.
The present field of Republican men, together with Rush's anger at liberals for having sex, recasts these roles. The liberals, after a long time in the wilderness, are emerging as the much more sexy bunch.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifa...
Weiner Communications Director Calls Intern “Slutbag,” Other Assorted Ladybit Pejoratives
LCN Llin

United States

#959715 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
funny stuff....
Fox v. Fox On GOP Attempts To Defund Obamacare Through Government Shutdown
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/08/02/fox-v...
Republican governors seems not enthusiastic :-)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959716 Aug 5, 2013
The Tea Party Turns on Republicans, Threatens to Sit Out 2014

When you organize a protest and only 6 people show, including yourself, your movement might be in serious trouble.

Waving a rather sad, given the context, but large “Don’t Tread on Me” flag, Juan Fiol, a Miami real estate broker and Marco Rubio protest organizer, wondered where everyone was.“It was supposed to be a big event,” he told Naples News, as he stood with the five other Tea Partiers to protest Senator Marco Rubio (R-FLA) for being a “back-stabber” and a “liar” over immigration reform. That desolate July protest must have stung.

....Republicans keep trying to fool the Tea Party just like they fool voters; for example, they’re trying to sell Rubio’s immigration reform as border security. But the Republican Party bred and fed a particularly virulent strain of paranoia in order to turn the Tea Party against their own best economic interests and keep them misinformed. It was inevitable that at some point, that paranoia would turn on the Republican Party – and it looks like that’s beginning to happen.

Some of the embittered Tea might sit out 2014, but don’t breathe a sigh of relief yet. Finding no national platform, the Tea Party is following the Republican game plan of 40-50 years ago. Tea Partiers are infiltrating on the local level, running for “school boards, county commissions and city councils, focusing on issues such as unfunded pension liabilities and sewer system repairs,” according to Naples News. So the people who know the least about government and governing and hate government the most want to be in charge of it. Since no one will hand them the national reins, they’re taking over on a local level. What could go wrong?

Meanwhile, House Republicans remain clueless and Foxified against the national reality. They only care that they can get re-elected; they don’t care what they are doing to their party.

Thus the party vaunting the morality of self-interest now has to live with the downside of self-interest as a guiding principle. It turns out that it’s not all the conservative idea of a good time — denying poor people food and cheering the deaths of the unemployed.

Eventually, the self-interest they gloat about bites them in the bum and even the Republican Party can’t force their own self-interested members to behave anymore. Now the activists are threatening to stay home because the GOP didn’t hate on immigrants enough. Let’s not forget, it was the Republican Party who taught the Tea Party how to control via terror, fits, and tantrums.

Turns out, it was the Republican Party and not President Obama who took it upon themselves to tread on the Tea Party. That was predictable, as is their rage at being used.

Tick tock, Governors Scott and Kasich.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/05/tea-pa...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959717 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Weiner Communications Director Calls Intern “Slutbag,” Other Assorted Ladybit Pejoratives
old white men.

what can you do?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959718 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican governors seems not enthusiastic :-)
looks like it's just a dozen GOP congressman and the tea party that can't get anyone to go to a 'rally'.

doesn't much sound like a winning combination.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Oklahoma City, OK

#959719 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Man Shot Trying to Stop Friend from Driving Drunk
http://fox8.com/2013/08/04/man-shot-trying-to...
white people. seems they'll never learn.
How many indians walked on the moon?

Prevented this

#959720 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And cons are self destructing now.
What difference does it make? O'bama allowed the muzzies to control the world. Right?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#959721 Aug 5, 2013
Chris Wallace Rips Eric Cantor as Fox News Drops a Reality Bomb on House Republicans

Chris Wallace tore through Eric Cantor with some tough realistic question on Fox News Sunday, and proved that Fox News is frighteningly more in touch with reality than House Republicans.

"Is what you have been doing the best way to spend Congress’s time when you are about to go on recess for five full weeks?"

"But Congressman, rightly or wrongly, none of these bills that you passed is going to become law. Your own members say they’re not going to pass the Senate. The president won’t sign them. Let’s talk reality. You haven’t passed a Farm Bill. You’ve only passed 4 of the 12 appropriations bills you’re supposed to pass. We face a government shutdown and debt limit in the fall. Again, is the best way to spend your time passing bills that aren’t going to become law?"

Fox News always had the broader best interests of the Republican Party at heart. Even they see that the behavior of the House Republican majority is hurting their party. Eric Cantor lost his cool for a bit during the interview, because he isn’t used to being pushed. He is especially not used to being pushed by Fox News.

Wallace ripped into all of Cantor’s weak spots, and the Majority Leader did himself no favors by retreating back to old talking points.

Consider this interview a Fox News style intervention. House Republicans have a problem, and not even their loving family members at Fox can convince them that they need help.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/04/chris-...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959722 Aug 5, 2013
According to one of Obama's foreign-policy staffers, Obama prefers to "lead from behind."

Like Chauncey Gardiner, the character played by Peter Sellers in the 1979 movie "Being There" - a clueless gardener who is mistaken for a Washington eminence and becomes a presidential adviser - after asked if you can stimulate growth through temporary incentives, Gardiner says, "As long as the roots are not severed, all is well and all will be well in the garden."

"First comes the spring and summer," he explains, "but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again." The president is awed as Gardiner sums up, "There will be growth in the spring."

Kind of reminds you of Barack Obama's approach to the federal budget.

Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Elmendorf was asked last week if the CBO had prepared estimates in a speech Obama had made about $4 trillion in long-term spending cuts - but without any specifics. "We don't estimate speeches," Elmendorf, a Democrat, explained. "We need much more specificity than was provided in that speech for us to do our analysis."

Evidently "first we have the spring and summer" was not enough.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959723 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does it make? O'bama allowed the muzzies to control the world. Right?
lol! So now you idiots want Obama to inject US influence all over the world?!?!?!?!

You idiots keep changing your minds so often, it's a wonder the doctor ever has a chance to screw the new one in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min WelbyMD 183,890
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 98,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Mothra 50,449
How to stop ants. 5 hr joey 4
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 5 hr Silk 1,754
abby 1-26 6 hr j_m_w 71
Amy 1-29 7 hr Julie 10
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance