Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#959410 Aug 4, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
LL left with this question unanswered.
Most likely Rush ;-)
Or perhaps, Palin__ or what about that slutty Christine O'Donnell who lists gradiatin high school as one of her achievements?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#959411 Aug 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>White women were the biggest winners of affirmative action.
Women in general were the biggest losers due to affirmative action.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#959412 Aug 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Now, I hate to try to make you think, but for the entire length of the Bush administration, we were told every month that it takes 125 to 150 thousand new jobs just to keep the unemployment rate stable. Suddenly that kind of growth under O'bama sends our UE rate spiraling downward. In other words, in the universe O'bama took over from George W. Bush, the unemployment rate would still be over 14%. Now, the last time I checked, the planet has not gotten smaller, nor has the population of the United States.
"spirali downward" Really.

You are certifiably stupid.

I showed you the numbers. You tried lying about methods & definitions changing.

I am sure your baloney is believed by your feeble minded right whiner friends but it does't fly among the informed.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#959413 Aug 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Or perhaps, Palin__ or what about that slutty Christine O'Donnell who lists gradiatin high school as one of her achievements?
The left just won't stop their war on women...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959414 Aug 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I know you dont understand the issue to begin which you are proving besides I set nothing up that is how the Pseudo Liberal Clinton Adminstration wanted the CRA to work & operate and for some reason you seem not to mention how the actions of the CRA that were pushed by the Clinton Adminstration & his HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo which set everything in motion back in 1990's with those phony backed US mortgage Securities and knew it and what the Clinton Adminstration was doing.
The housing bubble and the financial crisis
http://paecon.net/PAEReview/issue46/Baker46.p...
Housing Bubble, Financial Crisis – What Happened, Who is Responsible
http://tjhancock.wordpress.com/housing-bubble...
How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =T77PVU-nSvQXX
From your source. Like me, he blames capitalism....

"...As the house prices grew further out of
line with fundamentals, the financial industry
adopted more sophisticated financial innovations
to support its growth. A key part of the story
was the growth of non-st
andard mortgages. Until the boom began to take off in the mid-90s,
the vast majority of mortgages had always been
fixed rate mortgages. However, adjustable
rate mortgages became a growing share of mortgages issued during the boom, peaking at
close to 35 percent in 2004-06. Not only did thes
e mortgages not provide the security of fixed
rate mortgages, they were often issued with below
market “teaser rates” that would reset to
igher levels after two-years, even if interest rates did not rise.... "

Hustontown, PA

#959415 Aug 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You can't argue with a tree. I've stopped trying.
Flack believes Fetch proving my point.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959416 Aug 4, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again if you are FDIC you have to comply with CRA and I gave you the link too.
lol! How can you possibly say I'M wrong when I not only quoted myself, but you did too?!?!?!?!

Hustontown, PA

#959417 Aug 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It says eligible. It doesn't say looking or working. You are the dullest bulb on the tree.
You know, Flack, why don't you tale the total employed ( 144,285,000) divide it by total civilian workforce ( 155,798,000) to get the employment rate.(.9261)

When you get that number, subtract it from 1 (get .0739)

multiply by 100 to the the unemployment rate.

What does that mean? It means you're a GD idiot.

Let me know when you figure it out.

Hustontown, PA

#959418 Aug 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey moran how much did the population grow in those 5 years?
You said there were 9 million less since Obama took office. That was a lie.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959419 Aug 4, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Carol answer the question?
Who is the leader of the Republican Party?
Some one must admit to being in charge, usually it is the last elected president.
George W. Bush may be the leader?
Did you know a Pew Research study showed 36% of Americans between the ages of 18 to 31 live with their parents? That's 1 in 3.

No, I won't provide a link. Look it up if you don't believe me.

That's a lot of young adults - and adults - living with their parents.

Wonder why that is LCN?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959420 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know a Pew Research study showed 36% of Americans between the ages of 18 to 31 live with their parents? That's 1 in 3.
Wonder why that is LCN?
lol! Again, cons demand others do their work for them.

And they claim to be independent! What a croc!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959421 Aug 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Now, I hate to try to make you think, but for the entire length of the Bush administration, we were told every month that it takes 125 to 150 thousand new jobs just to keep the unemployment rate stable. Suddenly that kind of growth under O'bama sends our UE rate spiraling downward. In other words, in the universe O'bama took over from George W. Bush, the unemployment rate would still be over 14%. Now, the last time I checked, the planet has not gotten smaller, nor has the population of the United States.
You forget that at the end of the George W Bush Administration the economy was losing jobs at a 300,000 per month pace. Clearly, a free-fall catastrophe.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959422 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder why that is LCN?
Corporate employers paying their employees ridiculously too-low wages , reducing full-employment career path employees for more part-time workers --all so top executive pay and benefits can go higher --is a good start to your question.

Orlando, FL

#959423 Aug 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Because Eisenhower's 'Civil Rights Bill of 1957 ' only formalized what FDR and Harry Truman had already done to integrate the U S military services and finally accept the equality of Black-Americans to all other American citizens to the universal rights in the U S Constitution. However , the 1957 Bill was so altered and changed by the force of Southern racists and their conservative Congressional allies , like Strom Thurmond , that it was made nearly impossible for the Federal government to enforce it even if passed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act...
Using your source:

The bill passed the House 285 to 126.
Republicans: 167 for, 19 against.
Democrats: 118 for, 107 against.

(House Republicans carried the vote even though there were more House Democrats.)

The bill passed the Senate 72 to 18.
Republicans: 43 for, 0 against.
Democrats: 29 for, 18 against.

(Again, Senate Republicans carried the vote even though there were more Senate Democrats.)

President Eisenhower signed it on September 9, 1957 -(which, by the way, was the day I turned 6.)

So there goes your argument about Republicans.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959424 Aug 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Limbaugh...
Here's your leaders: the Weiner campaign official, who went on a tirade against a female intern while she was talking to a reporter (thinking it was off the record), attempting to shame and humiliate the intern by verbally attacking her as a “slutbag” among a long list of other offensive, sexist, and demeaning terms. This is how Democrats really talk about women when they think no one will find out.
It’s not just Weiner staffers. This week, a male senior official at the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee actually compared sexual harassment and assault to “cable soap operas” in an interview with Yahoo News.
Where’s the outrage? Why aren’t leading Democrats like President O'bama, Vice President Biden, and former Secretary Clinton, standing up for these women? and Pelosi--where is that bitch Pelosi???

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959425 Aug 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You forget that at the end of the George W Bush Administration the economy was losing jobs at a 300,000 per month pace. Clearly, a free-fall catastrophe.
Chris Matthews Says 'Unemployment Was Well Past 10%' When Obama Took Office - It Was Only 7.8% This is an indisputable fact. There's no grey area here. Unemployment was at 7.8 percent in January 2009. It didn't get to 10% until O'bama had been in office for 10 months.
LCN Llin

United States

#959426 Aug 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Or perhaps, Palin__ or what about that slutty Christine O'Donnell who lists gradiatin high school as one of her achievements?
They seem at attack President Obama to divert attention to their own lack of anything to offer?

Orlando, FL

#959427 Aug 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And none of these mystery persons have names?
How did things go with Lt Col George Bristol last week?
When do you suppose Issa will subpoena Paula Broadwell, she seems to know as much about Benghazi as any of the whistle blowers.
Back away from the bong!
"None of these 'mystery persons'..."?

You mean the two CIA agents who testified at the Congressional hearings? The only two "mystery persons" in that post?

Thought you'd know not only their names but their birthdates, birth places and addresses - and the names of their wives and children.

As Hillary would say, "what difference, at this point, does it make" if I didn't post their names? The point is their testimonies didn't favor this administration and they were demoted.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959428 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your source:
The bill passed the House 285 to 126.
Republicans: 167 for, 19 against.
Democrats: 118 for, 107 against.
(House Republicans carried the vote even though there were more House Democrats.)
The bill passed the Senate 72 to 18.
Republicans: 43 for, 0 against.
Democrats: 29 for, 18 against.
(Again, Senate Republicans carried the vote even though there were more Senate Democrats.)
President Eisenhower signed it on September 9, 1957 -(which, by the way, was the day I turned 6.)
So there goes your argument about Republicans.
And what 'argument about Republicans' was that? I argued that the Eisenhower Civil Rights Act of 1957 was so altered and watered down that it was made impossible for the Federal Government to enforce it. It became imperative for John F Kennedy to sign another Civil Rights Bill of 1960 .
LCN Llin

United States

#959429 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder why that is LCN?
Bush depression I would guess.

You have no leadership in the GOP?
Palin, Rush, Bush,????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 17 min shell 365
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr mahz 50,620
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Sgt Prepper 179,386
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 3 hr Just Saying 54,525
Perfect for Halloween 3 hr Harem 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 5 hr Godly 18
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr truth-facts 47,496
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]