Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959260 Aug 4, 2013
Yeah made a good point last night. He said if Romney/Ryan got in, we'd have less than what we have now.

And I agreed. Less scandals. Less money taken out of our checks. Less confusion and costs implementing Obamacare. Less fear and uncertainty about future health care. Less concern about government becoming Big Brother. Less poverty. Less unemployment. Less power grabbing.

Hard to believe I agreed with Yeah.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#959261 Aug 4, 2013
...at least New Yorkers are safe from soft drinks...

"The Health Department is trying to sweep a bedbug problem at its shimmering Long Island City headquarters under the rug, sources told The Post."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/health_dep...

Location hidden

#959262 Aug 4, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would click on a link from a spazzzzz like you?
Nobody!
Quit wasting your time.....
Everyone already knows:
GOP: greedy old white puscceeees!
Romney will never be president. Ever!
All those billions wasted. Liars sent packing.
American majority: Obama?
HELLLLLL YES! 4 MORE!
LOVE WHAT HE'S DONE WITH PLACE.......MAJORITY!
you are an idiot

<quoted text>
"US home ownership rate at near 18-year low"
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5212bb4a-b196-11e2 -...

Location hidden

#959263 Aug 4, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would click on a link from a spazzzzz like you?
Nobody!
Quit wasting your time.....
Everyone already knows:
GOP: greedy old white puscceeees!
Romney will never be president. Ever!
All those billions wasted. Liars sent packing.
American majority: Obama?
HELLLLLL YES! 4 MORE!
LOVE WHAT HE'S DONE WITH PLACE.......MAJORITY!
"Most People Hate Obamacare"

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/08...

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/08...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959264 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even democrats know Medicare and Social Security won't remain solvent much longer. Only republicans have come up with plans for reforms so they will still be in place for your generation.
Abolishing Medicare and Social Security is not a reform plan. Paul Ryan, in his more candid ,private moments off-the-record, have made it clear that he wants to completely wipe out FDR and the Kennedy/Johnson years of liberal, progressive reform.
LCN Llin

United States

#959265 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The head of the Department of Justice confiscating personal information from news reporters for investigative reporting and confiscating personal information from well-established news organizations, Associated Press and Fox News, based on unfounded suspicions...
CIA agents forced to remain silent about the deaths of four Americans. Whistleblowers punished and demoted. Wrongdoers rewarded and promoted...
The nation being held captive to a law the majority were against and no republican voted for giving the federal government and the IRS power to make our personal health decisions which no one knows how to implement...
Attempts to silence and censor the opposition...
An agenda promoting a one-party system that desires to destroy competition in the market place and, thus, capitalism to level the playing field so the few can decide what's best for the masses...
Sounds like communism to me. Unless I'm missing something.
Link?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959266 Aug 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> If your county has a county owned hospital, it has nothing to do with the federal government.
OH that's good then there is no reason to set up a federal exchange with in the state. So why should I have to pay for all the losers that use the hospital for free? on my taxes...you keep saying everyone is going to have health insurance...no?

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959267 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Yeah made a good point last night. He said if Romney/Ryan got in, we'd have less than what we have now.
And I agreed. Less scandals.
Your one-tracked hate-filled racist mind must have forgotten the long trail of scandal , power grabs, disdain for the American public that followed both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan .

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959268 Aug 4, 2013
killtaker wrote:
By "most people" you actually mean Big Insurers and the wealthiest Americans who find it distasteful to them to have to share the benefits of the U S healthcare system with millions of more Americans now. The rich hate having to slice up more equal shares of the growing American pie of prosperity , good health , livable housing, fair wages, and meaningful jobs.
LCN Llin

United States

#959269 Aug 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Your one-tracked hate-filled racist mind must have forgotten the long trail of scandal , power grabs, disdain for the American public that followed both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan .
I buy one track mind but do not feel LL is racist. She has never done the "Mouchelle posts" that morons seem to think amusing!
She is more fun than wax----300 names :-)
Republicans are in trouble and they hope some how benghazi will save them from their total lack of leadership. Nope
President Rush :-)

Orlando, FL

#959270 Aug 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! As long as you're not in the real world and playing in the world of fantasy, it is one possible perception.
It's just not the actual one... like cons are finding out!!!!
"GOP faces its own divisions on budget issues
Susan Davis, USA TODAY 3:35 p.m. EDT August 1, 2013
John Boehner
WASHINGTON — Republicans in Congress stumbled this week over their party's internal divisions on fiscal issues, leaving the party struggling for direction as it prepares for a bruising fall battle with Democrats over the federal budget.
Wednesday, GOP leaders abandoned a transportation spending bill that adhered to the budget drafted by House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis. It would have continued this year's governmentwide spending cuts known as the "sequester." The Ryan budget had been approved by the House in March with all but 10 House Republican votes, but Wednesday, GOP leaders were not able to muster enough votes to pass the transportation bill, the first non-defense spending bill that would have implemented the Ryan spending levels. Some Republicans joined Democrats in opposition to the bill because it did not provide enough money for government programs they consider crucial.
House Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers, R-Ky., issued a blistering critique of his colleagues after the bill was pulled. "With this action, the House has declined to proceed on the implementation of the very budget it adopted just three months ago. Thus, I believe that the House has made its choice: sequestration – and its unrealistic and ill-conceived discretionary cuts – must be brought to an end," Rogers said.
But Thursday, Senate Republicans blocked a second, more generous, version of the same bill because it would have spent more money than allowed under the sequester. They blocked the bill despite the advocacy of Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, who helped write the bill and asked her GOP colleagues to support it.
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., both face divisions among the GOP rank-and-file on the best path forward in negotiations with Democrats on how to prevent a government shutdown when the funding runs out Sept. 30...."
There's a division among Republicans right now on how best to get rid of Obamacare. Some want to simply defund it cold turkey which would make Obama and the democrats very happy. They could blame republicans for shutting down the government when they are the ones who started the confusion in the first place by passing a massive piece of legislation that will affect us all as well as future generations profoundly without the majority of the people or one Republican on board.

The shutdown, however, would not defund anything but Obamacare.

Other Republicans want to outsmart the fox and let the worst happen so that, by November 2014, everyone will be feeling the pain and confusion and the Democrats will defeat themselves.

Decisions...decisions...either /or would be better than doing nothing.

The dilemma for Republicans is if they do nothing to try and defund it now and Americans start feeling the pain and confusion next year - which they most definitely will - there's a concern Republicans could be blamed for not defunding it now.

There's also the certainty they will be blamed by all Democrats loudly and persistently that they are responsible for shutting down the government for trying to prevent certain pain and confusion on the part of all Americans next year.

Again...decisions...decisions. ..how best to slay the monster and make the Democrats out to be the masters of that monster.

Just so people like you also won't have to feel the pain and confusion unleashed by the masters of that monster.

(I'm feeling so metaphoric today...)
LCN Llin

United States

#959271 Aug 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>OH that's good then there is no reason to set up a federal exchange with in the state. So why should I have to pay for all the losers that use the hospital for free? on my taxes...you keep saying everyone is going to have health insurance...no?
Because you are an American citizen.
Picket's Charge Failed
LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#959272 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
And I agreed. Less scandals. Less money taken out of our checks. Less confusion and costs implementing Obamacare. Less fear and uncertainty about future health care. Less concern about government becoming Big Brother. Less poverty. Less unemployment. Less power grabbing.
Hard to believe I agreed with Yeah.
The greater question is___if Ryan and Rmoney had "got in" where would we be going off to war right now?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#959273 Aug 4, 2013
If historian records Obama’s Presidency correctly he should be known as the Welfare President!!

Today 47% of adults have full time Jobs in 2007 59%,Longest Stretch of 7.5%+ Unemployment on Record, 10 million Americans on disability another 47 million on Food Stamps , 1 in 5 in poverty, Homeownership at a 18 yr. Low!!

Location hidden

#959274 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text> By "most people" you actually mean Big Insurers and the wealthiest Americans who find it distasteful to them to have to share the benefits of the U S healthcare system with millions of more Americans now. The rich hate having to slice up more equal shares of the growing American pie of prosperity , good health , livable housing, fair wages, and meaningful jobs.
Do you 'share' what you have with others?

Prove it?

or...

Do you vote for someone to take something from another and give it in YOUR name?
LCN Llin

United States

#959275 Aug 4, 2013
TSM wrote:
If historian records Obama’s Presidency correctly he should be known as the Welfare President!!
Today 47% of adults have full time Jobs in 2007 59%,Longest Stretch of 7.5%+ Unemployment on Record, 10 million Americans on disability another 47 million on Food Stamps , 1 in 5 in poverty, Homeownership at a 18 yr. Low!!
Texas,
Northernmost State of Mexico

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#959276 Aug 4, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Republicans hate sex cuz they're no good at it". Bill Maher
Wonder if he gained that insight banging Ann Coulter?

Orlando, FL

#959277 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text> Abolishing Medicare and Social Security is not a reform plan. Paul Ryan, in his more candid ,private moments off-the-record, have made it clear that he wants to completely wipe out FDR and the Kennedy/Johnson years of liberal, progressive reform.
No one ever said anything about "abolishing" anything.

You've just been programmed to believe whatever you're told to believe and convinced you can't seek the truth for yourself.

But you have the power to overcome it and break the spell the propagandists have over you.

Pretend you're in Star Wars if that helps and you're being misled by the dark side. Their power is great but the powers of "the force" is greater.

May the force be with you in your struggle to be manipulated and controlled.

(On a roll with metaphors today...)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#959278 Aug 4, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"dumos"
Would like to see some proof of that. Underwhelmed? msnbc about 1/3 the viewers of Fox News.
Peace
KMA
Since I based my reply on the post to which I replied maybe you should take it up with that poster dumbass.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#959279 Aug 4, 2013
killtaker wrote:
John Hinderaker? ROFLMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 26 min JOEL 70,626
World's Best Photo Art 55 min Long Time Fan 5
EverGreen Belgrade 2 hr AqifBlytaWasShotL... 18
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr IBdaMann 48,593
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 3 hr People Please 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 180,944
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,797
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs