Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 44,039)

Showing posts 880,761 - 880,780 of1,078,507
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958949
Aug 3, 2013
 
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you rather the federal government with all the wasteful spending and lack of oversight make your health care decisions for you - much less the IRS for cryin' out loud?
Or - if these programs are part of the landscape anyway - states decide and manage that money on a local level and on an as needed basis?
Which one would waste more money? Which one would manage it more effectively?
Any reasonable person would choose the states. But I know you like to argue. So go ahead and tell me why the federal government would manage our health care better and why that makes you smarter than me.
If what the President does makes you mad,
President Obama must be doing something right! ;-)
-
For five years President Obama has be President of the United States and you my dear,
have been typing.
Who says there is no justice in this world
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958950
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's tricky rick!
Stay in the Hawaiian chinaman kitchen where you can do some good, Donger!! We need food!!
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958951
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Rep Rangel...and Crackers...

Caught using....

Beautiful words to discribe the Tea Party...

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958952
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
upset again with the president.
oh no
Say it ain't so
LOL
Pipe down little gayboy; this is the manly hour. We'll cue you when its time for guttersnipe commentary....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958953
Aug 3, 2013
 
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
As early as 2006, top advisers to Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn. As recently as February, for example, Bush was still calling it a "rough patch."
The result was a series of piecemeal policy prescriptions that lagged behind the escalating crisis.
"There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems," said Al Hubbard, Bush's former chief economic adviser, who left the White House in December 2007. "Had we, we would have attacked them."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo... ;
just take responsibility for voting for Bush. quit trying to blame everything that Bush screwed up on the democrats. it's not the way it happened and you know it.
You left this part out.

"There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.

"Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies..."

Then there's this WSJ article regarding the Senate Banking Committee introducing a bill in 2005 to oversee the housing lending standards.

"In light of the current financial crisis, this bill was probably the most important piece of financial regulation before Congress in 2005 and 2006. All the Republicans on the Committee supported the bill, and all the Democrats voted against it.

"If the Democrats had let the 2005 legislation come to a vote, the huge growth in the subprime and Alt-A loan portfolios of Fannie and Freddie could not have occurred, and the scale of the financial meltdown would have been substantially less."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222129488114...

Then there's the Congressional hearings in 2004 to rein in Frank Raines and Fannie and Freddie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

If you haven't figured out by now it's only the Democrats who blame Republicans - loudly, often and conspicuously - without a hint of reflecting on their role, you're probably too gullible.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958954
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OK leftist phags, its time for the morning edition of "learnin ta spell wit jeantel".

The word for this morning is "Bofum".

Now lets have lil rachel use it in a sentence:

"ma couz cleo mix up two purple dranks and offer me one, but I says "ah want bofum".....
Tits Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958955
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
"would have win"??
You're a real genius, lawn jockey...
"A better way to make statement?" You're in good company garbageman.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958956
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Poor Injun Joe Sonic!! He may just drink himself to death there on the res......

Post-Zimmerman: CNN Viewership Drops 32%, HLN 50%
501 1 62

by John Nolte 3 Aug 2013, 6:19 AM PDT

Considering their previous lows, both CNN and HLN enjoyed respectable viewer gains in the month of July, but the latest ratings that look at a full week of post-Zimmerman trial viewership shows that both networks might be falling back to earth. TV Newser reports that last week, CNN saw its viewership plummet -32%. HLN fared even worse with a -50% drop-off.

Fox News, however, continues to dominate its cable news competition. In all of cable, Fox beat CNN and MSNBC combined during primetime and ranked 4th in total primetime viewers, behind only the USA Network, TNT, and the History Channel.

In total day viewers, Fox News ranked 5th in all of cable.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958957
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh, those crazy negroes are at it again!!

Teen With Muscular Dystrophy Beaten, Robbed & Dumped Over Hill
August 1, 2013 11:57 PM

Reporting Brenda Waters

PITTSBURGH (KDKA)— Beaten, robbed and tossed over a hillside like a bag of trash, that’s how an angry father describes what happened to his 15-year-old son. And the attacker, he says, is the boy’s best friend.

The victim, Allan Littlejohn, 15, has a form of muscular dystrophy. His father, also named Allan, says his son wears braces on his legs, walks with a limp, and has poor balance.

The teen’s father told KDKA’s Brenda Waters his son’s friend, a 16-year-old, called him Tuesday night, asking him to go to the store. That was around 10:30 p.m. At some point, something went terribly wrong and the friend turned on him, his father said.

Nearly 24 hours later, on Wednesday at 9:30 p.m., the teen was found crawling up a steep hill at Grandview Park on Mount Washington.

“I went looking for him, I filed a missing [person's] police report. I went in to the kid’s house and asked him where he was at and he said he didn’t know anything, and then my son, they called me, they said he crawled out of the park,” he said.

The victim’s father says his son’s best friend of three years is responsible for the beating, resulting in a concussion and bleeding of the ears and nose.

“He grabbed my son by the neck, choked him out, stepped on his face, robbed him, stabbed him in the neck, took his cellphone so he couldn’t call for help. He was in Grandview Park, took him and threw him over the hill,” he said.“He was 21 feet down.”
Tits Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958958
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
OK leftist phags, its time for the morning edition of "learnin ta spell wit jeantel".
The word for this morning is "Bofum".
Now lets have lil rachel use it in a sentence:
"ma couz cleo mix up two purple dranks and offer me one, but I says "ah want bofum".....
Nah, it's probably more like time for the morning edition of beat up the assistant loadmaster (wheelchocker?) Two American soldiers are loading a plane with over a million dollars worth of munitions at Barksdale in Louisiana bound for someplace they neither need or want it. The first one says, "Cletus, iff'n we steal a little of this stuff everyday, in a few years we'd be RICH!" The second American sojur thinks about it and says, "Sure, Billy Joe, but who's gonna fly the plane?"
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958959
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
"A better way to make statement?" You're in good company garbageman.
What are you babbling about gramps? Glad you got the wheels on your chair unfrozen. PB Blaster?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958960
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

"Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac and particularly at Freddie Mae under the outstanding leadership of Mr. Frank Raines."
Maxine Waters (D) at 2004 Congressional Hearing

"I'm pissed off...because if it wasn't for you, I don't think we'd be here in the first place...there has been nothing indicated that is wrong with Fannie Mae..."
Gregory Meeks (D) at 2004 Congressional Hearing

"This hearing is about the political lynching of Frank Raines."
Lacy Clay (D) at 2004 Congressional Hearing

"There is a very simple solution. Congress must create a new regulator with powers at least equal to those of other financial regulators."
Ed Royce (R) at 2004 Congressional Hearing

"I'm tempted to ask how many people in this room are on the payroll of Fannie Mae."
Christopher Shays (R) at Congressional Hearing

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Everyone should see the gist of that hearing for themselves and decide who really could have prevented the crisis even as far back as 2004.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958961
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You left this part out.
"There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.
"Bush did foresee the danger posed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored mortgage finance giants. The president spent years pushing a recalcitrant Congress to toughen regulation of the companies..."
Then there's this WSJ article regarding the Senate Banking Committee introducing a bill in 2005 to oversee the housing lending standards.
"In light of the current financial crisis, this bill was probably the most important piece of financial regulation before Congress in 2005 and 2006. All the Republicans on the Committee supported the bill, and all the Democrats voted against it.
"If the Democrats had let the 2005 legislation come to a vote, the huge growth in the subprime and Alt-A loan portfolios of Fannie and Freddie could not have occurred, and the scale of the financial meltdown would have been substantially less."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222129488114...
Then there's the Congressional hearings in 2004 to rein in Frank Raines and Fannie and Freddie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
If you haven't figured out by now it's only the Democrats who blame Republicans - loudly, often and conspicuously - without a hint of reflecting on their role, you're probably too gullible.
Democrats who blame Republicans -
loudly,
often
and conspicuously
thus
winning the popular vote for President of the United States
in four of the last five elections.

There is some justice in this world!
YAY

off to lunch so carol can entertain with her youtube collection
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958962
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
OK leftist phags, its time for the morning edition of "learnin ta spell wit jeantel".
The word for this morning is "Bofum".
Now lets have lil rachel use it in a sentence:
"ma couz cleo mix up two purple dranks and offer me one, but I says "ah want bofum".....
"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." - shinningelectr0n
Tits Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958963
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Oh, those crazy negroes are at it again!!
Teen With Muscular Dystrophy Beaten, Robbed & Dumped Over Hill
August 1, 2013 11:57 PM
Reporting Brenda Waters
PITTSBURGH (KDKA)— Beaten, robbed and tossed over a hillside like a bag of trash, that’s how an angry father describes what happened to his 15-year-old son. And the attacker, he says, is the boy’s best friend.
The victim, Allan Littlejohn, 15, has a form of muscular dystrophy. His father, also named Allan, says his son wears braces on his legs, walks with a limp, and has poor balance.
The teen’s father told KDKA’s Brenda Waters his son’s friend, a 16-year-old, called him Tuesday night, asking him to go to the store. That was around 10:30 p.m. At some point, something went terribly wrong and the friend turned on him, his father said.
Nearly 24 hours later, on Wednesday at 9:30 p.m., the teen was found crawling up a steep hill at Grandview Park on Mount Washington.
“I went looking for him, I filed a missing [person's] police report. I went in to the kid’s house and asked him where he was at and he said he didn’t know anything, and then my son, they called me, they said he crawled out of the park,” he said.
The victim’s father says his son’s best friend of three years is responsible for the beating, resulting in a concussion and bleeding of the ears and nose.
“He grabbed my son by the neck, choked him out, stepped on his face, robbed him, stabbed him in the neck, took his cellphone so he couldn’t call for help. He was in Grandview Park, took him and threw him over the hill,” he said.“He was 21 feet down.”
Well, it seems obvious that you haven't considered that the boy with Muscular Dystrophy was being a prick. It's like you when you think about it. You're a white guy, living in a hidey-hole in the desert with George Zimmerman. What's to stop him from holding you down and shooting you in the chest over the solar-powered remote? After all he might be tired of watching re-runs of American Idol by now and of stoopidly shooting at grape Nehi bottles all day? You're an asshole, how do you know the other child wasn't too? Think a little before you chat.
Tits Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958964
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you babbling about gramps? Glad you got the wheels on your chair unfrozen. PB Blaster?
Well, son, I'm talkin' about grammar.
It starts with "g" and it works for me and it rhymes with tool.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958965
Aug 3, 2013
 
If this happened in Texas....

Bashing Muslim head gear in Massachusetts...

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/08/muslim-woman-h...
Stoneman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958967
Aug 3, 2013
 
Lessee.

It's the Evil Republicans that are waging a "war on women" because they don't believe private insurance companies should be forced to buy screw pills for upper middle class bimbos attending high priced private law schools.

Not the party of the Socialist/Democrat NYC mayoral candidate that sends pictures of his unit to anybody he can find.

Not the party of the S/D mayor of San Diego that assaults women in his office.

Not the party of the S/D former governor of New York that bought high-priced hookers with state money.

Not the party of the S/D former president that had his genitalia sucked and ejaculated in the face of a 20-year-old employee.

Not the party of the former vice president and "environmental scientist" that assaulted a massage therapist in Portland and behaved like a "crazed sex poodle".

Not the party of the deceased "lion of the senate" who got drunk and killed his mistress in his car, driving off a bridge in Chapppaquiddick.

No. It's those evil Republicans.

Sorta makes sense that they're also responsible for the federal budget being in the tank.

Not the S/D president that jets off to Africa with the family for a $60-$100 million vacation.

Riiiiiiiiiight.
shrimp_on_treadm ills

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958968
Aug 3, 2013
 
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
"A better way to make statement?" You're in good company garbageman.
thank you Liberal!
you got me a job!
balls_4_Obama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#958970
Aug 3, 2013
 
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, son, I'm talkin' about grammar.
It starts with "g" and it works for me and it rhymes with tool.
Thanks to Liberals like you I am clean!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 880,761 - 880,780 of1,078,507
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Beavis 174,477
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Chicago, IL (Dec '11) 34 min Brian Shepard 116
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 47 min Brian Shepard 297
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 48 min TRD 67,877
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min Terry rigsby 48,843
Police Blotter (Jun '10) 1 hr mewxico bOy 18
Five More Cool Technologies 1 hr Joshua Krause 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••