Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250083 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCN Llin

United States

#959271 Aug 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>OH that's good then there is no reason to set up a federal exchange with in the state. So why should I have to pay for all the losers that use the hospital for free? on my taxes...you keep saying everyone is going to have health insurance...no?
Because you are an American citizen.
Picket's Charge Failed
LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#959272 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Yeah made a good point last night. He said if Romney/Ryan got in, we'd have less than what we have now.
And I agreed. Less scandals. Less money taken out of our checks. Less confusion and costs implementing Obamacare. Less fear and uncertainty about future health care. Less concern about government becoming Big Brother. Less poverty. Less unemployment. Less power grabbing.
Hard to believe I agreed with Yeah.
The greater question is___if Ryan and Rmoney had "got in" where would we be going off to war right now?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#959273 Aug 4, 2013
If historian records Obama’s Presidency correctly he should be known as the Welfare President!!

Today 47% of adults have full time Jobs in 2007 59%,Longest Stretch of 7.5%+ Unemployment on Record, 10 million Americans on disability another 47 million on Food Stamps , 1 in 5 in poverty, Homeownership at a 18 yr. Low!!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#959274 Aug 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> By "most people" you actually mean Big Insurers and the wealthiest Americans who find it distasteful to them to have to share the benefits of the U S healthcare system with millions of more Americans now. The rich hate having to slice up more equal shares of the growing American pie of prosperity , good health , livable housing, fair wages, and meaningful jobs.
Do you 'share' what you have with others?

Prove it?

or...

Do you vote for someone to take something from another and give it in YOUR name?
LCN Llin

United States

#959275 Aug 4, 2013
TSM wrote:
If historian records Obama’s Presidency correctly he should be known as the Welfare President!!
Today 47% of adults have full time Jobs in 2007 59%,Longest Stretch of 7.5%+ Unemployment on Record, 10 million Americans on disability another 47 million on Food Stamps , 1 in 5 in poverty, Homeownership at a 18 yr. Low!!
Texas,
Northernmost State of Mexico

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#959276 Aug 4, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Republicans hate sex cuz they're no good at it". Bill Maher
Wonder if he gained that insight banging Ann Coulter?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959277 Aug 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Abolishing Medicare and Social Security is not a reform plan. Paul Ryan, in his more candid ,private moments off-the-record, have made it clear that he wants to completely wipe out FDR and the Kennedy/Johnson years of liberal, progressive reform.
No one ever said anything about "abolishing" anything.

You've just been programmed to believe whatever you're told to believe and convinced you can't seek the truth for yourself.

But you have the power to overcome it and break the spell the propagandists have over you.

Pretend you're in Star Wars if that helps and you're being misled by the dark side. Their power is great but the powers of "the force" is greater.

May the force be with you in your struggle to be manipulated and controlled.

(On a roll with metaphors today...)

Location hidden

#959278 Aug 4, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"dumos"
Would like to see some proof of that. Underwhelmed? msnbc about 1/3 the viewers of Fox News.
Peace
KMA
Since I based my reply on the post to which I replied maybe you should take it up with that poster dumbass.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#959279 Aug 4, 2013
killtaker wrote:
John Hinderaker? ROFLMAO

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959280 Aug 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The greater question is___if Ryan and Rmoney had "got in" where would we be going off to war right now?
You must not have gotten the memo.

Embassies around the world are being vacated and al-Qaeda has reestablished in Africa becoming an even greater and growing threat.

Guess we should all hide under our desks and hope Obama can perform his community organizing magic.

Get your white flag ready.

Location hidden

#959281 Aug 4, 2013
Illinois allows concealed carry...

"How gun law works: Likely 2014 before permits issued"

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-07-10...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#959282 Aug 4, 2013
Axelrod is usually Off Target but when he said the Presidency is to Vast for Obama he was RIGHT on Target!!

Location hidden

#959283 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the Internal Revenue Service should be in charge of health care?
Do you think the Obama administration knows how to implement the Affordable Healthcare Act?
Do you think the majority of Americans understand the Affordable Healthcare Act?
Answer the questions. This is the legacy of the president you voted for. At least you should be able to answer the questions.
Oh fer cryin' out loud woman, how long have you been paying FICA, what is it for, and which agency administers it?????

Location hidden

#959284 Aug 4, 2013
It does not pay to be a liar...

"Tawana Brawley, the woman who falsely accused six white men, including police officers, of having raped her, was served with a court order earlier this year to settle a hefty defamation suit against her. This week she made her first payment."

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/tawan...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#959285 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Yeah made a good point last night. He said if Romney/Ryan got in, we'd have less than what we have now.
And I agreed. Less scandals. Less money taken out of our checks. Less confusion and costs implementing Obamacare. Less fear and uncertainty about future health care. Less concern about government becoming Big Brother. Less poverty. Less unemployment. Less power grabbing.
Hard to believe I agreed with Yeah.
The major difference between the left and Conservatives:

leftists always have their hands out, waiting for government to drop something into the outstretched palm.

Conservatives want as little as possible from government.

The less these useless fcks in government actually "DO", the better off everyone will be.....

Location hidden

#959286 Aug 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think republicans feel as threatened by their opposition as this president does?
Do you think this president is more concerned about "chatter" from Americans who oppose his vision or terrorist "chatter" knowing he refuses to call them terrorists?
Are you going to blame us this time too or republicans for this administration's irrational fear of domestic uprisings more than foreign threats?
Just curious because it's hard to know who this president thinks are the real enemies.
Crimea river, both parties are playing political games. Its just people like you who believe its real or relevant.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#959287 Aug 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you have something to back up your claim that the method of calculating the unemployment rate has changes, your post is post is meaningless.
"real dumb"
Every post you offer is meaningless.
Peace
KMA
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#959288 Aug 4, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I based my reply on the post to which I replied maybe you should take it up with that poster dumbass.
Dont use foul language on this forum, you decrepit, fat old fck....

Location hidden

#959289 Aug 4, 2013
If those idiot Cons would stop seeing only black and white...

"The core group of Republicans who are pushing the House toward a showdown with the White House over the debt ceiling and government spending is made up of 41 members — all white men except for two"

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/08/mostly-w...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#959290 Aug 4, 2013
killtaker wrote:
It does not pay to be a liar...
"Tawana Brawley, the woman who falsely accused six white men, including police officers, of having raped her, was served with a court order earlier this year to settle a hefty defamation suit against her. This week she made her first payment."
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/tawan...
Did that fat ugly pig blow the judgement holder??, cause she sure doesnt have any money......:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 min TRD 70,126
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 30 min RACE 1,004
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 31 min An NFL Fan 68
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min mahz 51,987
aggy-6-30-15 44 min Sublime1 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Learn to Read 191,825
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 1,189
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr dem 99,858
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages