Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
880,541 - 880,560 of 1,096,595 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Realtime. Happy beer day today. Cheers.
International beer day__loving it__time for a beer run.
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
Okay, okay, okay...I've done my chores and have a little more time to kill. So guess I'm back. Still pooped so don't expect miracles.
You know, Rand Paul makes a lot of sense to me.
Of course Rand Paul makes sense to you Carol. Did you know that he sponsored legislation in the Senate that would prohibit the federal government from enforcing child labor, employee safety and wage and hour laws? That's going to play well with the folks. Fortunately unlike the House the Senate is run by the sane and this piece of garbage will never see the light of day.
So you really want Rand Paul to head the Republican ticket in 2016? I think I can safely speak for all Democrats and say we really, really, really, oh please God want him there.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>we know how you dumbass left whiners used the CRA to redistribute US Tax Dollars and everyone knows how you Pseudo Liberals opperate here in the US especially when it comes to someone elses wealth & money.
Please.
Banks loaned their funds. There was no redistribution of squat.
Do yourself a favor, become better informed.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> We had a family of 5. My mother & her four kids.
WTF is your problem with that?
He hates for the sake of hating...

... he knows of no other way.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks loaned their funds. There was no redistribution of squat.
Do yourself a favor, become better informed.
and post as a republican ;-) not likely

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're countering numbers and facts with the likes of Ayn Rand political hacks.
Here, have another.....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
"Bank of America settles loan dispute with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
Network News
X Profile
View More Activity
TOOLBOX
Resize
Print
Reprints
By David S. Hilzenrath
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, January 3, 2011; 7:13 PM
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the financial giants whose failed mortgage investments made them wards of the government, have accepted $2.8 billion from Bank of America to largely put to rest claims that the bank sold them faulty loans.
This Story
Bank of America settles loan dispute with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
Bank stocks fall again
Bank of America hit with setback in MBIA Insurance mortgage liability lawsuit
The cost to Bank of America was less than the potential blow some investors had expected, and the bank's stock rose 6.4 percent on the news Monday.
For Bank of America, the settlements eliminate "a doomsday scenario," said analyst Paul Miller of FBR Capital Markets.
ad_icon
"This is a gift" from the government to the bank, said Christopher Whalen of Institutional Risk Analytics. "We're all paying for this because it will show up in the losses from Fannie and Freddie," he said.
The deal with Fannie Mae is not airtight; it leaves open the possibility that Fannie could pursue additional claims against Bank of America. In contrast, the settlement with Freddie Mac essentially closes the book on pending and potential claims.
The Federal Housing Finance Agency, which oversees Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, approved the settlements. In a statement, the agency said the deals were "consistent with market practice and FHFA's conservatorship responsibilities."
Fannie spokeswoman Janis Smith called it a "fair and responsible resolution."
At issue is one of the biggest threats facing Bank of America and other major lenders that weathered the financial crisis with help from the government.
During the housing bubble, the banks typically sold mortgages to investors around the world, including Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. But those investors were generally entitled to repayment by the lenders if the loans were sold on the basis of false assurances..."
No I am not the one countering with numbers and facts with the likes of Ayn Rand political hacks but the facts are true and you know it and we have known for years that Pseudo Liberalism is an economical failure without other peoples work & money and it was the Pseudo Liberal Democrats & the Clinton Adminstration who created the housing mess by allowing loans to people that couldnt repay them or afford the houses they were buying.
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As one Congressman said on the Senate floor today, "There's a 'Gone Campaigning' sign outside the Oval Office."
He's back today to high five his peeps in the Democratic Party and made a big to do out of snubbing Republicans because they won't let him have his way. As usual. Reminds me of a 5-year-old.
It goes both ways stupid, John Boehner isn't even returning calls from the White House. That's totally disrespectful to the elected head of this country.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes both ways stupid, John Boehner isn't even returning calls from the White House. That's totally disrespectful to the elected head of this country.
John Boehner isn't receiving calls from the tea party.
He has little power but yet to marry three wives.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
If I had a dime for all the dumb rightwing posts I've read, I'd only have maybe 10 bucks.
Homer doesn't read too many rightwing posts.
If you were offered a penny for your thoughts during your entire lifetime, you'd be flat broke.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Emoron wrote:
This quote sums it up:
"When you look at the facts rationally and digest exactly what they stand for, the issue becomes crystal clear. Simply put, tea party Republicans are giving hate groups a voice in mainstream politics."
Hee, Hee.

You're ashamed to post the author as the Magic Negro.

He has said a lot of stupid things.
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He hates for the sake of hating...
... he knows of no other way.
It's the Republican way.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
John Boehner isn't receiving calls from the tea party.
He has little power but yet to marry three wives.
Boehner is a Modern Liberal too within the Republican Party which most of his congressional district is Welfare Society and they keep re-electing him too.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 by The Nation

Poverty in John Boehner's District

by Greg Kaufmann

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/04/12-...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>No I am not the one countering with numbers and facts with the likes of Ayn Rand political hacks but the facts are true and you know it and we have known for years that Pseudo Liberalism is an economical failure without other peoples work & money and it was the Pseudo Liberal Democrats & the Clinton Adminstration who created the housing mess by allowing loans to people that couldnt repay them or afford the houses they were buying.
Here's what I know... the FRB has the statistics and numbers to show CRA played, at most, a small, insignificant role. FRB data also shows many of the so called CRA loans didn't qualify as such.

And FRB is charged with enforcement.

This versus your outsiders who give their analysis of what they BELIEVE is problems, minus the numbers because they're using their form of 'logic'... in many cases in support of their politics.

Clinton didn't create the housing mess. Corporations in conjunction with capitalism did (as noted by the Bank of America article I presented).

This is what I KNOW for a fact.

Whether you choose to accept reality or not is up to you.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> We had a family of 5. My mother & her four kids.
WTF is your problem with that?
You never had someone to teach you how to act like a man.
shrimp_on_a_trea dmill

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you're having way too much fun, how many sacks have you washed today?
Ima shrimp...
I have a teeny brain and teeny balls...
I live in the ocean...it cleans my balls so I don't need Liberal to clean them!
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Boehner is a Modern Liberal too within the Republican Party which most of his congressional district is Welfare Society and they keep re-electing him too.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 by The Nation
Poverty in John Boehner's District
by Greg Kaufmann
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/04/12-...
interesting

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
If I had a dime for all the dumb rightwing posts I've read, I'd only have maybe 10 bucks.
Homer doesn't read too many rightwing posts.
Correction: Homer CAN'T read too many rightwing posts.

Level is too high.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were offered a penny for your thoughts during your entire lifetime, you'd be flat broke.
If you offered a penny to give your thoughts to others, it's still not enough to cover the overhead!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Flo, you almost seemed sane in your first paragraph! Then quickly deteriorated back to tic ville
Did you get it from your mama?
Take your pick on your usual lame question derived of ignorance loserTic- one is the simplified, duhmed down version for the abjectly ignorant, while the other is more detailed, for the abjectly ignorant.

1. Stay away from my posts you ignorant stalker, lunaTic freak!

OR

2. "Stay away from my posts because I do NOT like Anything(!) about Any(!) of your posts, and want NOthing to do with parasites like you" you ignorant stalker, lunaTic, freak.
Yeah you are FOS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Here's what I know... the FRB has the statistics and numbers to show CRA played, at most, a small, insignificant role. FRB data also shows many of the so called CRA loans didn't qualify as such.
And FRB is charged with enforcement.
This versus your outsiders who give their analysis of what they BELIEVE is problems, minus the numbers because they're using their form of 'logic'... in many cases in support of their politics.
Clinton didn't create the housing mess. Corporations in conjunction with capitalism did (as noted by the Bank of America article I presented).
This is what I KNOW for a fact.
Whether you choose to accept reality or not is up to you.
Corporations in conjunction with capitalism did?

Why let's all just go to North Korea with you and then see how well you eat, fat dipshit.

Flucking moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dale 176,872
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min BigRabbit 68,860
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 46 min Sinatra 291
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min gcaveman1 46,243
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Valerie 97,845
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,303
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr _Zoey_ 7,738
Amy 8-22 6 hr Kuuipo 12

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••