Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496976 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#959184 Aug 3, 2013
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the difference between stupid and ignorant is that one goes through life afraid of death and the other goes through life afraid of life. Pretty clear you're straddling the fence.
When it comes to Stupid and Ignorant, there is no difference where you are concerned.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#959185 Aug 3, 2013
More of what makes Chicago...Chicago...

Driver education teacher drives drunk..

"The Naperville Central website lists him as a driver education teacher and district documents show his fiscal year 2013 salary was $115,960..."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-06-28...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#959186 Aug 3, 2013
Googling pressure cookers and backpacks might not be such a good idea...

"Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists..."

http://classicalvalues.com/2013/08/this-shoul...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#959187 Aug 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to Stupid and Ignorant, there is no difference where you are concerned.
A rather in common plague these days!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#959188 Aug 3, 2013
When 6K is actually only 1K

"A Long Beach hospital charged Jo Ann Snyder $6,707 for a CT scan of her abdomen and pelvis after colon surgery. But because she had health insurance with Blue Shield of California, her share was much less:$2,336.

Then Snyder tripped across one of the little-known secrets of healthcare: If she hadn't used her insurance, her bill would have been even lower, just $1,054."

or...

"Los Alamitos Medical Center, for instance, lists a CT scan of the abdomen on a state website for $4,423. Blue Shield says its negotiated rate at the hospital is about $2,400.

When The Times called for a cash price, the hospital said it was $250..."

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/27/busin...
Patriot

Denver, CO

#959189 Aug 3, 2013
‘Friendly visit’: Russian warships dock in Cuba (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

Published time: August 03, 2013

http://rt.com/news/russian-warships-visit-cub...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959190 Aug 3, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
FHA loans are 3 to 5 percent down.
How can a loan be a bad loan?
The bank raises the payments so it is impossible
to pay it back.(Balloon)
Fixed rate only. The payments go up
with the rise in taxes and insurance only.
They were called NO DOC loans. You didn't need a damn thing to get a loan, just sign your name.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959191 Aug 3, 2013
killtaker wrote:
When 6K is actually only 1K
"A Long Beach hospital charged Jo Ann Snyder $6,707 for a CT scan of her abdomen and pelvis after colon surgery. But because she had health insurance with Blue Shield of California, her share was much less:$2,336.
Then Snyder tripped across one of the little-known secrets of healthcare: If she hadn't used her insurance, her bill would have been even lower, just $1,054."
or...
"Los Alamitos Medical Center, for instance, lists a CT scan of the abdomen on a state website for $4,423. Blue Shield says its negotiated rate at the hospital is about $2,400.
When The Times called for a cash price, the hospital said it was $250..."
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/27/busin...
O'bama care is going to make it illegal for people to pay cash for treatment. It's in the bill that no one read.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959192 Aug 3, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>financial & housing crisis confirmed it.
They by your logic, the financial and housing crisis should be worse today since nothing has changed.

All you've provided so far is your word against the facts.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959193 Aug 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Egypt's top general to U.S.: You turned your back on the Egyptians.
Dammit, we need a full-grown man in the White House and not some Boy Messiah created by a Hollywood PAC.
We have lost our world stature because of the bungling Magic Negro and we may never get it back.
Seriously, folks. Benghazi, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Fast n Furious....we are laughed at from Moscow to Beijing to Somalia to the Chicago hood....
lol! poor baby. if romney/ryan got in, you'd have less than what we have now!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959194 Aug 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to Stupid and Ignorant, there is no difference where you are concerned.
lol! Are you back to that again son? I told you, you excel in those areas and keep setting a lower bar!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#959195 Aug 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama care is going to make it illegal for people to pay cash for treatment. It's in the bill that no one read.
So I can't tip the nurse for warming up my bedpan for me?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#959196 Aug 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Are you back to that again son? I told you, you excel in those areas and keep setting a lower bar!
That ain't the Honey Jar you've got stuck on your head again, Pooh Bear.

It's the Chamber Pot.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#959197 Aug 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>They by your logic, the financial and housing crisis should be worse today since nothing has changed.
All you've provided so far is your word against the facts.
You get dizzy watching shithouse flies walking on the walls, don't you?

You left home too early.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959198 Aug 3, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I was trying to show that not all banks had to adhere to Community Reinvestment Act.
I already knew this.

In fact, I believe I made a point of it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959199 Aug 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You get dizzy watching shithouse flies walking on the walls, don't you?
You left home too early.
Sorry. I'm just not as devoted to practicing this as you are.

No need to stop though. Please continue.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959200 Aug 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That ain't the Honey Jar you've got stuck on your head again, Pooh Bear.
It's the Chamber Pot.
Why is your name on the bottom? And a warning not to touch your meals?

it's empty btw!
Moobs and a Murse

Meridian, MS

#959201 Aug 3, 2013
"Some folks call it a Sling-blade... I call it a Kaiser Blade. Mm-hmm..."

- 1996 film "Sling Blade"

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959202 Aug 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! poor baby. if romney/ryan got in, you'd have less than what we have now!
Yeah, less scandals, less money taken out of our checks, less confusion about Obamacare, less costs paying for Obamacare, less fear and uncertainty about our health care, less concern about the government becoming Big Brother, less poverty, less unemployment, less pretending like the opposition doesn't exist, less power grabbing.

Yes, we would have less than what we have now.

So thanks a lot.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#959203 Aug 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, less scandals, less money taken out of our checks, less confusion about Obamacare, less costs paying for Obamacare, less fear and uncertainty about our health care, less concern about the government becoming Big Brother, less poverty, less unemployment, less pretending like the opposition doesn't exist, less power grabbing.
Yes, we would have less than what we have now.
So thanks a lot.
Good guess. Especially since even Romney didn't know what he was saying......

... and the Ryan blueprint for funds has taken a beating.

Clearly reality is hitting cons now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min JRB 237,303
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 71,375
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr CrunchyBacon 104,986
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr honeymylove 2,288
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 2,973
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr honeymylove 2,457
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr RACE 10,337

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages