Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
879,921 - 879,940 of 1,078,994 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
This is why today's Republicans can't admit the real reason why they oppose Obamacare: The middle-class tax breaks in Obamacare are paid for almost entirely by taxes on the richest 2 percent of Americans and corporations.
This is the big lie of ObamaKKKare.

The subsidies benefit only the poor and are paid for by higher taxes and higher insurance premiums paid by both the middle class and the wealthy.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The tyranny of local government is often more direct and personal, but federal tyranny is even more oppressive.
Galt finds it interesting that the same non-liberal leftwingers who scream about climate change try to block innovative solutions like ride-sharing because of ripoff cab driver union pressure.
Like the Detroit airport bus.
Non-liberal - and liberal - leftwingers like to complain about school vouchers and then blame the "white culture" for the high dropout rates and poverty in the inner cities too.

If republicans were the party obstructing school vouchers, then they'd have a reason to complain.

But that's not the case.

Morning, Galt.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Meant to serve as a tool for presidents to eliminate "pork-barrel" spending in bills without having to veto the legislation entirely, presidents have been coveting line-item veto power since before the civil war: Everyone from Ulysses S. Grant
to **Ronald Reagan** entreated Congress to give them line-item veto
authority, but to date, Clinton is the only one to have that wish granted.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57490325/...
Let's take a look at your reference....

"Everyone from Ulysses S. Grant to Ronald Reagan entreated Congress to give them line-item veto authority...."

And you call that proof Ronald Reagan used the office of president to influence Congress to write a line item veto bill?

CBS News... hmmmmmmmm...... Doesn't CBS News have a history of lying to you about other-than-Democrat politicians, anyway?
Help

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Holder is gonna be the death for the dems, bommie is letting him take all the blame bommie is laying low, don't know nothing about all the problems we have.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Vietnam today is a peaceful country & we have diplomatic relations with them.
Vietnam is undercutting China with even cheaper labor and coal-fired power to flood the US with low-cost products.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Does a University exist in your hamlet?
Libraries open?
You can take history courses on line for free.
The advanced high school that you frequently reference is a disgrace to the word "university."

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

I'm going to take a week of vacation starting about now. I want this post to be my reference when I get back.

Let me know when this lying treasonous coxucking fraud gets here....

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Johnson lied I went__Nixon lied and I went back and I survived the experience. Fifty eight thousand Americans did not survive all those lies and if it
interests you the amount of enemy and S. Vietnam civilian dead remains unknown but it's well over one million.
The numbers of injured and maimed are astronomical___the US VA hospitals are still treating Vietnam vets after thirty five years. The enemy and civilian injured and maimed run well into the millions.
And for what?

Play nice.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Tits Magee wrote:
I just can't understand how conservatives in several different time zones always manage to hurry off into the sunset at exactly the same time? It's like MAGIC!
Meanwhile, Ghost the draft-dodging scumbag is like a vampire who never sleeps, regardless of the name and location.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Let's not forget, President LCN, that strict sanctions had already been placed on Iraq by the UN Security Counsel and President Clinton resulting in the deaths of thousands of Iraqi children.

So now pretend your the UN. Saddam has been evasive after 15 different resolutions to give him a chance to come clean and you have now threatened him with "serious consequences".

What would those "serious consequences" be?

Strict sanctions killing more Iraqi children?

It's not easy making the really tough decisions when you're not bloviating on a topix forum, is it?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
It ranks right down there with your 2nd Coming. Its my hope that technology will kill off these mythologies. We'll all be a lot better off when we quit following the superstitions of Bronze Age goatherders.
Well, no.

The second coming is nothing like a caliphate. No one will be forced to submit through political or violent dominance.

See the difference there?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-liberal - and liberal - leftwingers like to complain about school vouchers and then blame the "white culture" for the high dropout rates and poverty in the inner cities too.
If republicans were the party obstructing school vouchers, then they'd have a reason to complain.
But that's not the case.
Morning, Galt.
The leftwingers who post here are not liberals, being opposed to individual rights in favor of government tyranny.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mission was to topple Saddam's regime which we did and destroy his ability to rebuild his biological, chemical and nuclear weapons program which we did.
After the Mission Accomplished speech, the attacks by insurgents began. They had been supplied with hundreds of weapons by the Iraqi army and were joined by religious radicals, al-Qaeda, who claimed Iraq the frontlines. They used guerrilla tactics. The enemy could have been anywhere or anyone.
Now, President LCN, what would you have done? Even if you should have expected this kind of unexpected resistance?
You had two choices:
1. Tuck your tail between your legs and high-tail it out of there.
2. Stay and fight.
(Can't use the excuse "I wouldn't have been there in the first place" because, after 9/11, you would have believed - like Hillary Clinton - that Saddam would find a way to rebuild and use his chemical and biological weapons. So just assume you, the President, wouldn't want to take the risk of having millions of deaths on your hands somewhere down the road if Saddam were allowed to keep thumbing up his nose at you and the rest of the world.)
Now, what would President LCN do?
Another comment....

The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to undertake a mission to remove Saddam Hussein from power.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

So-called "liberals" will say and do anything to insult and slander the Armed Forces of the United States.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mission was to topple Saddam's regime which we did and destroy his ability to rebuild his biological, chemical and nuclear weapons program which we did.
After the Mission Accomplished speech, the attacks by insurgents began. They had been supplied with hundreds of weapons by the Iraqi army and were joined by religious radicals, al-Qaeda, who claimed Iraq the frontlines. They used guerrilla tactics. The enemy could have been anywhere or anyone.
.... yada yada

"After the Mission Accomplished speech, the attacks by insurgents began."

Since friends and family were in the Green Zone watching the total screwup brought on by the Bush disaster. No preparation for the occupation.

Saddam was Iran's major enemy, removed with 4000 dead and treasure wasted. Iran now has great influence in Iraq thanks to President Bush's screw up.:-)

UCF has courses on 20th and 21st century history and government.
Keep posting

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is Obama's position, then Congress should just pass their own legislation and let Obama either sign or veto same.
You still don't get it. Congress does not want to pass anything)only 15 bills passed and hundreds of thousands of filibusters to shut-down Government altogether(The GOP has become the party of political Luddites)--the republican-controlled House is anti-government / pro-Corporate licentiousness .

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Tits Magee Testing wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't appear to be an illusion, Father, looks like the real deal to me. Maybe you picked the wrong kids for your team?
You called it magic, do you believe in magic?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Democratic USA wrote:
<quoted text> Really? What about all the stupid decisions bush made to go to war that only tripled the debt ?
<quoted text> you don't have to go that far, we have that problem here in the major cities.

Well, let's see. First, there was 9/11. Then there was the UN who considered Saddam a threat. Then there were the Democrats who considered Saddam a threat as far back as the Clinton administration. Of course, 111 Democrats gave Bush permission to use military force to take Saddam down and unanimously gave Bush permission to attack Afghanistan. And most Democrats supported the funding of the wars they agreed were worth fighting.

Did I leave anything out?

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there's no record in history of Reagan pushing for a line item veto, moron.
"And tonight I ask you to give me what 43 Governors have: Give me a line-item veto this year."

1986 State of the Union.

"Reagan Plea Fails To Budge Line-item Veto"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1985-07-1...

And since you have trouble reading, listen to Reagan at the 1992 National Republican Convention 34th minute 26 seconds.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/31259-1

How could anyone say there is no evidence? Well, unless they be ignorant.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why are you following a candidate for the biggest fraud ever forced on human society in the history of civilization?
Please explain, is this Rand Paul or Christie?

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny in a tragic sort of way is the FBI already identified five suspects since last May who were involved in the attack but no arrests have been made...but yet Libyan authorities arrested 50 people in connection with the attack within a week of the attack...and Turkey arrested two men suspected of involvement in the attack three weeks later...and Egypt arrested a terror suspect linked to the Consulate attack three months later.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-196171...
http://www.inquisitr.com/429810/egypt-arrests...
It was Americans who were killed and our own FBI hasn't made one arrest 10 months later.
I'm just sayin'...somethin' stinks.
Americans killed on foreign soil does not give the FBI authority to arrest the perpetrators. I'm sure if these suspects were on our soil they would be arrested but they aren't....use common sense for a change.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
unsupported over-simplifications roll on and on.
Another example of why an essay like this, receives an F in a tenth grade high school class.
Your snobby elitism is getting kind of old. Maybe you should try some new material. Avoiding posting anything relevant with snarky comments shouldn't be that difficult.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a word drop 6 words! 6 min Anonymous42 6
Detroit man shoots black women in his front yar... 10 min Skyler 1
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 27 min NITiN 7
Saving Catholic Schools 30 min larry 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min JOEL 68,366
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 459
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guy 174,508
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••