Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
879,701 - 879,720 of 1,100,373 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#957782 Jul 31, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama was in Chatanooga yesterday; did you see him?
No, didn't even see any indication he was in town, traffic all normal. Do you remember when W. Bush flew into Boca airport?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#957783 Jul 31, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>President Barack Obama hasn't 'ignored the U S Constitution' when he campaigns for support from the American people --many U S Presidents before him have done the same thing , Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan just to name four.
If that is Obama's position, then Congress should just pass their own legislation and let Obama either sign or veto same.

Location hidden

#957785 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
"Something we did in Iran in the 1950's".!!
You don't have a clue, do you? Countless times this has been discussed, yet you continue to try to recreate history
I think she feels she would be ignored if she didn't drop these little turds around the house.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#957787 Jul 31, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>George Zimmerman couldn't even make it all the way without braking the law--he was stopped in Texas for speeding and possessed a loaded fire arm in the truck's glove compartment. Only in Texas do cops laugh at reckless speeders and just wish them to have a nice trip. Texas isn't thought of as the biggest stupid state for nothin':-D
"braking the law"?

Jean from Queens having another stroke?

Location hidden

#957788 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the countries I listed was Sweden.
In 2010, a bombing in Stockholm was described as an act of terrorism.
Taimour Abdulwahab al-Abdaly was suspected of the first suicide attack linked to Islamic terrorism in the Nordic countries.
Another country I listed was India.
Since 2010, India has lost 1,120 innocent lives in 60 ‘Islamic’ terrorist attacks. Between January of 2004 and March of 2007, the death toll in India from all terrorist attacks has been 3,674.
Just one more. The Philippines.
Most terrorism in the Philippines is conducted by Islamic terrorist groups. Since January 2000, radical Islamist groups and Islamist separatist forces in the Philippines have carried out over 40 major bombings against civilians and civilian property.
Look it up. If you don't believe me.
Shall I look up the attacks linked to Islamic terrorism in the other countries that were listed?
Again, what did any of these countries do to interfere with Middle Eastern affairs?
India's and the Phillipine's terrorism is nationalistic nitwit. Sweden's was for their involvement in Afghanistan.

Wow, its playing out exactly as I said isn't it? The overwhelming majority of countries who do not meddle in ME affairs don't get attacked by them.

Location hidden

#957789 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Sweden, India and the Philippines have been victims of terrorism by radical Islamist groups.
In Thailand, nine Buddhists were killed by Islamic jihadists and randomly kill Buddhists, school teachers, Buddhist priests, Muslims who work for institutions in southern Thailand, and members of the armed forces.
Tenzing, what did these countries do to interfere with Middle Eastern affairs - seeing that Islamic terrorism has occurred in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia, South Asia - and not just North America?
Do you suppose radical Islamists might just desire a global Islamic state?
That's what I think anyway - and probably most of these other countries.
What say you?
Again, those are nationalistic, internal rivalries not originating in Arab Muslim countries as a response to interfering with ME affairs.

Break your Google and read a book.

Location hidden

#957790 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
It's odd to me that devout Muslims would choose to live in liberal societies like US Canada, Europe. If I were a devout Muslim, I'd rather live in a Muslim country.
Just like any religion, some don't want their government married to their religion. There are a lot of Christians who don't want to live under Carol's American Taliban.

Location hidden

#957791 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Islamic terrorism has occurred in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia, South Asia and North America.
Do you suppose radical Islamists might just desire a global Islamic state?
Tenzing? Hello?
No, no more that proselytizing Christians.

Location hidden

#957792 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Tenzing said.
I tried to remind him time and time again that we rescued Kuwaitis from Saddam's thugs who were raping and pillaging anything that moved there and provided training and arms to help the Afghanis after the Russian invasion to run them off. There was no Russian 9/11 or anything.
But he still thinks we made them real mad for protecting our best interests against Russia's influence in the 50s by maneuvering the Shah into power.
He also keeps forgetting about the strict sanctions during the Clinton administration that killed thousands of Iraqi children through starvation after Saddam invaded Kuwait
But I don't blame Clinton. I blame Saddam.
That's the difference between you and me. You blame Bush instead of the bad guys.
This will be the third time in two days I've mentioned Clinton's sanctions in a reply to you.

Liar.

Location hidden

#957793 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? And so? That was more than a half century ago.
What about rescuing the Kuwaitis and helping the Afghanis run off a Russian invasion?
What about global terrorism?
Are these facts just inconvenient truths to you and Tenzing?
You see everything through the eyes of a middle-class white woman in Orlando.

Believe it or not, not all Muslims consider themselves Afghani or Kuwaiti. Believe it or not there are Muslim populations throughout South and Southeast Asia who want to play in national politics within their own countries and don't think of themselves as Afghani OR Kuwaiti.

If you were Kuwaiti you'd probably be wondering why all Americans eat polar bear enchiladas.

Location hidden

#957794 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The clearly stated goals of radical Islam is the reestablishment of a caliphate.
Probably something else you, Tenzing and LCN should read up on.
I'm not a retard, I don't swallow Beck's swill.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#957795 Jul 31, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#957796 Jul 31, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no. It has nothing to do with swallowing anything but a lot to do with educating yourself.

The caliphate has been around since Muhammad but not recently since the 1920s.

Muslims believe the Caliphate is the continuation of the Islamic Caliphate and that the next Caliphate will endure to the end of time depending on their righteousness and faith in God.

Islamist political parties and mujahideen have called for the restoration of the caliphate by uniting Muslim nations, either through political action or through force.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

The Muslim Brotherhood advocates pan-Islamic unity and implementing Islamic law. Hassan al-Banna, its Founder, wrote about the restoration of the Caliphate.

http://www.mideastweb.org/Middle-East-Encyclo...

Now you've learned something.

You're welcome.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#957797 Jul 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that trashing the US Constitution is a good thing, so be it, no point in discussion.
Checks and balances are there for a reason
Presidents have been issuing Executive Orders since George Washington. Get over it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#957798 Jul 31, 2013
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
Timing is everything. No harm no foul. Where, exactly, would you like me to bite you, and forgive me, but I'm ending a sentence with a proposition.
Thanks for the smile.

Orlando, FL

#957799 Jul 31, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You see everything through the eyes of a middle-class white woman in Orlando.
Believe it or not, not all Muslims consider themselves Afghani or Kuwaiti. Believe it or not there are Muslim populations throughout South and Southeast Asia who want to play in national politics within their own countries and don't think of themselves as Afghani OR Kuwaiti.
If you were Kuwaiti you'd probably be wondering why all Americans eat polar bear enchiladas.
You see everything through the eyes of a confused libertarian.

There are many Muslims who want to live their lives in peace. But Islam and its traditions and beliefs goes very deep within all Muslims. And dominance through politics or force is the objective of a vast majority of Muslims.

Just because some are taking the avenue of politics instead of force doesn't mean the objective isn't still there.

Look it up.

Orlando, FL

#957800 Jul 31, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
India's and the Phillipine's terrorism is nationalistic nitwit. Sweden's was for their involvement in Afghanistan.
Wow, its playing out exactly as I said isn't it? The overwhelming majority of countries who do not meddle in ME affairs don't get attacked by them.
Well, no. If you took a moment educate yourself, you'd learn that terrorism in these two countries were also by Islamic terrorists.

Which was the whole point of my looking it up and posting it just for your benefit.

But I can't keep doing your work for you.

Orlando, FL

#957801 Jul 31, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no more that proselytizing Christians.
I've got to move on and mingle with other people now.

Perhaps we can chat again later.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957802 Jul 31, 2013
Reza Aslan:‘I Feel Really Bad’ For Fox News Anchor Who Grilled Me

The religious scholar who was grilled last week during an interview with Fox News said Wednesday that he actually has sympathy for the anchor who couldn't stop questioning him over why he had the temerity to write a book about Jesus even though he's a Muslim.

Reza Aslan said that while the conservative cable news empire has an "inherent anti-Muslim bias," he actually feels bad for FoxNews.com anchor Lauren Green, who he suggested was simply relaying questions that were fed to her from a producer.

"Well, look, I watch Fox News, anyone who watches Fox News knows that they have an inherent anti-Muslim bias in their reporting and has been for quite some time," Aslan told MSNBC's Alex Wagner. "It's very successful for them. I don't actually blame them for it. They're a commercial enterprise. They know how to sell a product and, frankly, fear sells a product. I do want to say one quick thing though. Look, I feel really bad for Lauren Green. You know this, Alex, anybody on your show knows this that Lauren was sitting there being yelled at by some producer in her ear."

Aslan later said that he has anecdotal evidence that the interview, which has been widely circulated on the Internet, actually alienated Fox's own audience.

"And one of the things that's most satisfying about this is that I'm getting a lot of emails from conservatives, Fox News watchers, who are saying that this has turned them away," Aslan said. "In a sense, this is kind of Fox News''jump the shark' moment."

As he said in an interview earlier this week, Aslan said he knew what to expect when he agreed to a Fox News interview.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...

Orlando, FL

#957803 Jul 31, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? In September, the Libyan interior minister announced that authorities had arrested four men "suspected of helping instigate the events at the US consulate".
Just because the FBI hasn't been able to arrest anyone doesn't mean they aren't being arrested.
"A senior administration official said the FBI has identified a number of individuals that it believes have information or may have been involved, and is considering options to bring those responsible to justice. But taking action in remote eastern Libya would be difficult."
"The U.S. has decided that the evidence it has now would be enough for an operation to seize the men for questioning, but not enough for a civilian arrest or a drone strike against them, the officials said."
Funny how Republicans believe that we have the right to invade sovereign countries and arrest their citizens at will. That's what got us in this mess to begin with.(I know, I know..I ended a sentence with a preposition...bite me.)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/...
What's funny in a tragic sort of way is the FBI already identified five suspects since last May who were involved in the attack but no arrests have been made...but yet Libyan authorities arrested 50 people in connection with the attack within a week of the attack...and Turkey arrested two men suspected of involvement in the attack three weeks later...and Egypt arrested a terror suspect linked to the Consulate attack three months later.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-196171...

http://www.inquisitr.com/429810/egypt-arrests...

It was Americans who were killed and our own FBI hasn't made one arrest 10 months later.

I'm just sayin'...somethin' stinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min Posted Response 49,530
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 27 min andet1987 573
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 29 min andet1987 1,258
Word (Dec '08) 34 min andet1987 4,654
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 36 min andet1987 1,455
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,401
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 1 hr ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000