Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,983)

Showing posts 879,641 - 879,660 of1,034,571
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know it's too hard for your brain to believe something it doesn't want to see?
I didn't either until last night. But it sure explains a lot.
You see, it's easy to find this out for yourself on any medical website but it'd be too hard for your brain to believe it.
Ah! But it's easy to believe what you're brain wants to believe.

Which is why you can't explain CRA today.

I guess it must mean my brain doesn't care one way or the other, but yours does!
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
President Obama's reaction to the IRS in May:
"I have now had the opportunity to review the Treasury Department watchdog’s report on its investigation of IRS personnel who improperly targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. And the report’s findings are INTOLERABLE and INEXCUSABLE. The federal government must conduct itself in a way that’s worthy of the public’s trust, and that’s especially true for the IRS. The IRS must apply the law in a fair and impartial way, and its employees must act with utmost integrity. This report shows that some of its employees failed that test.
"I’ve directed Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to HOLD THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE FAILURES ACCOUNTABLE, and to make sure that each of the Inspector General’s recommendations are implemented quickly, so that such conduct never happens again. But regardless of how this conduct was allowed to take place, the bottom line is, IT WAS WRONG. Public service is a solemn privilege. I expect everyone who serves in the federal government to hold themselves to the highest ethical and moral standards. So do the American people. And as President, I intend to make sure our public servants live up to those standards every day."
...Two months later it's a distraction and a phony.
Can someone please explain this discrepancy? Leosnana? Lily? Sonic? Anyone?
And can someone please name those who were held accountable?
Thanks so much.
-2-
When is a scandal not a scandal? Here's a good rule: Whenever Fox News and Rep. Darrell Issa say it IS a scandal, you can be pretty sure it's NOT one. Take the so-called IRS scandal.

For weeks, starting in May, Fox fanned the flames. Based on what we now know to be a flawed audit by Inspector General J. Russell George, Fox reported that the IRS had deliberately targeted right-wing groups seeking tax-exempt status.

According to breathless Fox News anchors, the IRS first singled out conservative organizations by drawing up a "Be on the Lookout," or BOLO, list using keywords like "patriot" and "Tea Party."

Then they picked on those same organizations by asking them for tons of irrelevant information and dragging their applications out for months. And, if you can believe Fox News, all of this was carried out by the IRS on direct orders from the Obama White House.

Meanwhile, Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has held four congressional hearings so far, accusing the IRS of conducting a Tea Party witch hunt. In typical Issa fashion, he ratcheted the rhetoric up even higher, tying the IRS to the White House and comparing President Obama to Richard Nixon. Issa said on "CBS This Morning": "This was targeting of the president's political enemies, effectively, and lies about it during the election year so that it wasn't discovered until afterwards.... This process was deliberate, and it was repeated."

Shamefully, most of the mainstream media merely echoed charges made by Fox and Issa, leaving the American people with the impression of a giant Washington scandal where Democrats were using government bureaucrats to crucify Republicans. But now the truth comes out: It was all one big fat lie.

Independent investigations by both Yahoo News and Politico reveal that the IRS, in fact,

investigated both conservative and liberal groups

applying for tax-exempt status. And, indeed, it's important that the IRS do so. The law clearly states that only organizations devoted to "social welfare" can receive a coveted tax exemption because we taxpayers should not be subsidizing any purely political groups on the right or left. IRS officials were merely trying to enforce the law, perhaps clumsily, when faced with a flood of new political organizations filing for tax-exempt status after the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision in January 2010.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were Obama's words. Word-for-word.
But you're right. Your beloved was talking like a "fart cushion".
47% talk is what does one in :-)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your willfil ignorance and denial continue to astound. I'll grant you it's not your fault you were born stupid.
lol! You choose to be stupid.

.... so it IS your fault son!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know it's too hard for your brain to believe something it doesn't want to see?
Go tell that to climate denier Republicans in Congress then boot them out.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying coward, show where they tried, especially when dems controlled both houses and the oval office. Show where Oblama has shreiked for cuts. You're such an easy poseur.
Why?
Cuts are tea party yarns
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Fourteen years? So if any of us were so naive as to believe your often altered bio, you chose to leave a profession that wouldn't have had your living in a rented condo in order to become a full-time mom when your taxpayer funded daughter turn ten??? Oh, do please tell us another one while high fiving the other most vile, reprehensible pseudo-human trolls on the planet.
'If you fail to locate the polling place in your district you will not be able to keep your vagina!"

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a new show on television about how the brain plays tricks on us. Last night something was said about how it's too hard to make our brains believe something it doesn't want to see.
I had to pause it and look at my husband and say, "Liberals...that explains it."
Your alleged brain plays tricks on you all the time.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>for those who paid the Social Security tax were forced to be Useful Idiots which is what FDR did and why people were against him to begin with and its the Pseudo Liberal Democrats that want to keep the Social Security Scam going which needs to end Now & Immediately and Welfare Society can fall to the Side that way here in US Society.
FDR :-)
Next we move on to President Madison
LOL
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Tea Party Repubs tried that yarn on the voters in November 2012.
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
I confess, my ability to suffer fools like you gladly is non existent. Something about out and out liars just sets me off, like the liar in chief Oblama. Sadly, virtually every lib on here fits those qualifications, not an honest one anywhere.
Like a latter day Diogenes
I continue my search for an honest liberal
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

The DemocRAT Weener's campaign manager just went limp.

Baaawwwaaaaa!!!!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Federal Government owes nothing to people is the point and it has been that way since 1960 when Pseudo Liberal SCOTUS ruled in the case of Flemming V Nestor and it is legal.
Is There a Right to Social Security?
By Michael D. Tanner
November 25, 1998
You worked hard your whole life and paid thousands of dollars in Social Security taxes. Now it’s time to retire. You’re legally entitled to Social Security benefits, right? Wrong. There is no legal right to Social Security, and that is one of the considerations that may decide the coming debate over Social Security reform.
Many people believe that Social Security is an “earned right.” That is, they think that because they have paid Social Security taxes, they are entitled to receive Social Security benefits. The government encourages that belief by referring to Social Security taxes as “contributions,” as in the Federal Insurance Contribution Act. However, in the 1960 case of Fleming v. Nestor, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that workers have no legally binding contractual rights to their Social Security benefits, and that those benefits can be cut or even eliminated at any time.
Ephram Nestor was a Bulgarian immigrant who came to the United States in 1918 and paid Social Security taxes from 1936, the year the system began operating, until he retired in 1955. A year after he retired, Nestor was deported for having been a member of the Communist Party in the 1930s. In 1954 Congress had passed a law saying that any person deported from the United States should lose his Social Security benefits. Accordingly, Nestor’s $55.60 per month Social Security checks were stopped. Nestor sued, claiming that because he had paid Social Security taxes, he had a right to Social Security benefits.
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/i...
The outcome of the case would have been quite different had the appellee resided in the United States.
In their decision in Fleming v. Nestor, the Supreme Court further stated:

WE MUST CONCLUDE THAT A PERSON COVERED BY THE ACT HAS NOT SUCH A
RIGHT IN BENEFIT PAYMENTS AS WOULD MAKE EVERY DEFEASANCE OF "ACCRUED" INTERESTS VIOLATIVE OF THE DUE PROCESS CLAUSE OF THE FIFTH AMENDMENT.

II.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY, HOWEVER, THAT CONGRESS MAY EXERCISE ITS POWER TO
MODIFY THE STATUTORY SCHEME FREE OF ALL CONSTITUTIONAL RESTRAINT. THE INTEREST OF A COVERED EMPLOYEE UNDER THE ACT IS OF SUFFICIENT SUBSTANCE TO FALL WITHIN THE PROTECTION FROM ARBITRARY GOVERNMENTAL ACTION AFFORDED BY THE DUE PROCESS CLAUSE....

"WHETHER WISDOM OR UNWISDOM RESIDES IN THE SCHEME OF BENEFITS SET FORTH IN TITLE II, IT IS NOT FOR US TO SAY. THE ANSWER TO SUCH INQUIRIES MUST COME FROM CONGRESS, NOT THE COURTS. OUR CONCERN HERE, AS OFTEN, IS WITH POWER, NOT WITH WISDOM...PARTICULARLY WHEN WE DEAL WITH A WITHHOLDING OF A NONCONTRACTUAL BENEFIT UNDER A SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAM SUCH AS THIS, WE MUST RECOGNIZE THAT THE DUE PROCESS CLAUSE CAN BE THOUGHT TO INTERPOSE A BAR ONLY IF THE STATUTE MANIFESTS A PATENTLY ARBITRARY CLASSIFICATION, UTTERLY LACKING IN RATIONAL JUSTIFICATION.

SUCH IS NOT THE CASE HERE. THE FACT OF A BENEFICIARY'S RESIDENCE
ABROAD - IN THE CASE OF A DEPORTEE, A PRESUMABLY PERMANENT RESIDENCE
CAN BE OF OBVIOUS RELEVANCE TO THE QUESTION OF ELIGIBILITY."

"NOR, APART FROM THIS, CAN IT BE DEEMED IRRATIONAL FOR CONGRESS TO HAVE CONCLUDED THAT THE PUBLIC PURSE SHOULD NOT BE UTILIZED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUPPORT OF THOSE DEPORTED ON THE GROUNDS SPECIFIED IN THE STATUTE. WE NEED GO NO FURTHER TO FIND SUPPORT FOR OUR CONCLUSION THAT THIS PROVISION OF THE ACT CANNOT BE CONDEMNED AS SO LACKING IN RATIONAL JUSTIFICATION AS TO OFFEND DUE PROCESS."

http://www.ssa.gov/history/nestor.html

tell_it_like_it_ IS

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Obviously you have a comprehension problem son.
... or, you're upset that I wasn't talking about one of your favorite body parts!
oh no you didn't....

'if you fail to locate the polling place in your voter prencint you will not get your ball sack washed next year!'

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
I confess, my ability to suffer fools like you gladly is non existent. Something about out and out liars just sets me off, like the liar in chief Oblama. Sadly, virtually every lib on here fits those qualifications, not an honest one anywhere.
Like a latter day Diogenes
I continue my search for an honest liberal
obviously your search will be a long one, since the searcher is dishonest himself. Honesty has nothing to do with political standing. There are just as many dishonest conservatives as there are dishonest liberal. To think otherwise is either foolish, stupid or just plain blind

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the unemployed darkies[many on here] are starting to ask " where's them jobs you promised, Zebra boy?"
wow, "darkies"...I haven't heard that since my racist grandmother days

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying coward, show where they tried, especially when dems controlled both houses and the oval office. Show where Oblama has shreiked for cuts. You're such an easy poseur.
In the first two years in office, the most important thing was to end the job losses & put us on a path to recovery.

Cutting government spending during a recession is a f*cking stupid thing to do.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"Vi
etnam War-era veterans were
the most common wartime veterans in both State (36%) and
Federal (39%) prison. Veterans of the Iraq-Afghanistan eras
comprised 4% of veterans in both State and Federal prison.
The average length of
military service of veterans in prison
was about 4 years. An estimated 62% of veterans received
an honorable discharge and 38% received various types of
other discharges." (Bureau of Justice, 2004)
How about a link to your aged data?

Sounds like Vietnam veterans were 36-39% of the veterans in prison, not 36-39% of the total prison population. Not surprising considering the huge number of draftees forced into slavery in LBJ's war.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
The DemocRAT Weener's campaign manager just went limp.
Baaawwwaaaaa!!!!!!!
"Pulled out" ;-)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a new show on television about how the brain plays tricks on us. Last night something was said about how it's too hard to make our brains believe something it doesn't want to see.
I had to pause it and look at my husband and say, "Liberals...that explains it."
So true about the the Modern Day Bigots that call themselves Liberals.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
I should feel sorry for you, you don't exist anywhere, you're invisible. But I don't..
invisible?

like all of those folks i listed?

no one pays attention to right wing nutjobs except right wing nutjobs.

example: Obama still in the WH.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 879,641 - 879,660 of1,034,571
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min wojar 167,674
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min Frijoles 65,181
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min ScarletandOlive 96,151
Abby 4-20 45 min cheluzal 10
Obama and Hillary's Just Dessert? 1 hr Buckeye 4
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,784
Amy 4-20 1 hr RACE 4
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance