Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,980)

Showing posts 879,581 - 879,600 of1,078,592
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BIg Bob Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Q: How many southerners does it take to screw in a lightbulb? A: Just one, but it takes the entire trailer park to run around in the wire wheel fast enough to get it lit.
Waxman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe CNN can explain it better.
The gross domestic product rose at a 1.7% annual rate in April through June, slightly faster than the 1.1% rate in the first quarter...[and just 0.1% the quarter before that].
Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had predicted GDP would grow at a 1.2% annual pace, so the report was better than expected and seen as an encouraging sign for the recovery.
That said, 1.7% growth is STILL CONSIDERED WEAK historically.
Since 1929, the U.S. economy has grown an average of 3.3% per year.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/31/news/economy/...
Which is the increase we have to see again if we're ever going to get anywhere.
I've decided you're a primate that can type flap-jaw. Incompetent dweeb.
BIg Bob Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Q: How can you tell the U.S. Marine at a Halloween party? A: He's the guy who shows up dressed like a clown with a gun.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Texas Tom Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
"Banned" huh? That's some mighty tough talk, pard'ner. But I'm sorta use to tough talk from little men (when I say 'little', well, you know what I mean.) Yes, I know "the wolf" doesn't have kids, I was just checkin' to see if you did. It is a tough shot though, those little hydro-encephalitic, walnut sized brain pans. It's kind of amazing we Yankees were able to win the civil war. Maybe it was because southerners never figured out that hiding behind a rail fence might not be the best source of cover? But here's the thing, coward, you just said one thing and did another. Never a good idea when the other guy is sooooooo much smarter than you.
Don't mess with Texas ,Fenris.
BIg Bob Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Q: How can you tell the wife of a U.S. Marine at a Halloween party? A: She's the one the Marine clown is holdin' under the water in the apple dunking tank.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your comparison is Reagan was a two-term successful governor of one of the largest states in the union after he left the acting profession.
Obama was a community organizer who dreamed of becoming a celebrity president.
See the difference there?
Reagan was a B actor in Hollywood, a failed governor of California, and it took him 12 years in the political wilderness of republican campaign politics to finally ring from Trent Lott endorsement to be the 1980 GOP Presidential nominee in exchange for Reagan support for states rights efforts in the Deep South to overturn the Civil Rights , Voting and Open Housing Rights of the Kennedy-Johnson Administrations.
BIg Bob Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

So, a southerner, A Navy Seal, and a pig are walkin' along a dirt road in Mississippi. The Navy Seal says, "Man, I'ym hun-gry. Iff'n I was back home I'd have my mama fix me some mashed taters, collard greens and hog jowls." The pig says, "Man if I was back home I'd ask farmer Bob to fill me up a big ol' bucket of slops an' stick my face down in there until the whole trough was empty. The southerner just stared blankly ahead and said nuthin'. They're not too smart ya know.
Waxman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your comparison is Reagan was a two-term successful governor of one of the largest states in the union after he left the acting profession.
Obama was a community organizer who dreamed of becoming a celebrity president.
See the difference there?
Odd. Let me guess... you're lonely and overweight? Anyone who spends this much time sitting on their ass must have a rather large one. Do you do this grandiose delusional pontification routine everyday?
BIg Bob Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Ok, ok, serious question. Raise your hand if you think the U.S. military can ever actually win anything no matter how much money we waste on them.
Wreckless Blogging

Forest, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Florida is the "New" Palestine.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The key commander in Benghazi? ROFLMMFAO
There was a Benghazi "mission" which was supposedly staffed by state department employees, six or perhaps seven on the evening of the attack. There was also a nearby CIA compound which was said to house +/- two dozen CIA agents-operatives-contractors take your pick.
So you're saying that this mystery commander who's been abroad and could not be reached via cell phone or subpoena has finally decided to drop in on a congressional hearing.
You've lost you mind lady___give it a rest! You've become a bigger embarrassment to this thread than the codpiece from Sring TX.
Marine Corps Col. George Bristol was in a key position in the U.S. Africa Command leadership.

But I'll cede your point and call him a "key player" or "key witness" in testifying to what actually happened.

The Pentagon told CBS News on July 5 that Bristol, the commander of the Joint Special Forces Task Force-Trans Sahara, could not testify because he was retired.

But the Marine Corps Times first reported two weeks ago that Bristol had not yet retired and was actually on active duty, preparing for retirement through the end of the month.

So hope that clears up any confusion on your part.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop. Look. Listen.
There has never been an answer to this question, other than the most recent post I just responded to.
What do you think of their response?
As I said, not something you'll accept anyway son.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the majority of blacks and Hispanics are anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage.
Society dictates its moral standards. The abolitionists brought attention to slavery and ending it. The majority joined the cause for civil rights because it was the right thing to do.
But who looks out for the rights of human beings who are unborn?
And why must society redefine something as timeless and enduring as marriage to keep those who are having temper tantrums to get their way happy?
The government should respect the will of the people. The people know what's best for the people.
If anyone tried to dictate the will of the people, it was southern democrats who tried to dictate racism. Not the other way around.
Carol hard at work again to drive voters to the DemoKKKrat party.
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan was a B actor in Hollywood, a failed governor of California, and it took him 12 years in the political wilderness of republican campaign politics to finally ring from Trent Lott endorsement to be the 1980 GOP Presidential nominee in exchange for Reagan support for states rights efforts in the Deep South to overturn the Civil Rights , Voting and Open Housing Rights of the Kennedy-Johnson Administrations.
I'm an actor too, kinda, sorta. And I get so upset when those nasty rightwingers say Reagan brought prosperity and pride to America while Obama is known as the food stamp president who blames and vacations while more Americans slip into poverty.

Its all true, but I don't like when they say it and thank God the media doesn't report it.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Cosby is not ostracized from the black community and Juan Wlliams is not the spokesperson for it either.
Blacks are not a monolithic group. Jesse Jackson is a jackass to many in the black community.
Now see!
You have introduced reality into her life.
Time to see Woody Allen's new film
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

BIg Bob Magee wrote:
Q: How can you tell the wife of a U.S. Marine at a Halloween party? A: She's the one the Marine clown is holdin' under the water in the apple dunking tank.
Q: How can you tell who the poor pencil neck feminine liberal nerd is? A: He's the one that makes posts like you do.
BIg Bob Magee

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Here's another thought: After the Romans beat the livin' shit outta Jesus, then forced marched him up the street while the locals threw shit all over him, then nailed him up on a scaffold and made him drink vinegar, maybe broke his legs, etc., why, after all that, did they give him a nice clean white loincloth to wear like in all the pictures? I'll bet you that that l'il Jewish fella hung up there with his dick hangin' out - Jewish guys bein' what they are it probably wasn't THAT embarassing - with shit runnin' down his legs like he was visitin' Hershey Pennsylvania on the express bus. Whaddya think? One thing's for sure, if there was a loincloth, nobody saved it afterwards.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the majority of blacks and Hispanics are anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage.
Society dictates its moral standards. The abolitionists brought attention to slavery and ending it. The majority joined the cause for civil rights because it was the right thing to do.
But who looks out for the rights of human beings who are unborn?
And why must society redefine something as timeless and enduring as marriage to keep those who are having temper tantrums to get their way happy?
The government should respect the will of the people. The people know what's best for the people.
If anyone tried to dictate the will of the people, it was southern democrats who tried to dictate racism. Not the other way around.
"Once again, the majority of blacks and Hispanics are anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage."

And yet they still vote for Democrats over Republicans by sizable margins.

Wow.

What does that say about the Republican Party??

And Carol, you have been told a gazillion times that racism in the South was done by Whites, not just Democrats. When will you idiots ever get that. Nearly all in Congress from the South voted against the Civil Rights Act & Nearly all from outside the South voted for it. When you try to paste racism to just Democrats, you are either a liar or dumber than sh*t.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you now? LCN's echo?
Like I told him, do some reading on liberating Europe and rebuilding Japan and Germany. And providing help to those in need around the world.
And then contrast that to books about Lenin and Mao.
(Am I going to have to repeat all my responses to LCN to you too from now on?)
"Groucho" Marx and John Lennon.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, and they know that. That's why they never want to answer that question.
...and the Republicans lack the courage to be blunt about the goal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 879,581 - 879,600 of1,078,592
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

100 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 31 min 75 Scorpio 456
Emanuel's Mayoral Fortunes Rapidly Declining in... 31 min bensleys thoughts 1
Victim in Tuesday's Skokie Shooting is Identified 38 min bensleys thoughts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min Rose of Tralee 97,515
Abby 7-23 1 hr RACE 10
Amy 7-23 1 hr Kuuipo 8
No, Global Warming Did Not Create Chicago's Agi... 1 hr Guest 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT