Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276641 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#957931 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He's lying. He's already made up his mind. In fact, it was obvious what kind of president he likes in 1996 when he co-authored the obviously unconstitutional Line Item Veto legislation. Besides, the treasonous son of a bitch just met with Al Qaeda and he wants US forces to fight shoulder-to-shoulder with Al Qaeda.
McCain is a just another big brother big government RINO. He should actually belong to the party he supports.
Reagan wanted the Line Item Veto. I guess he was a Rino too.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#957932 Aug 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
my poll?
rotflmao
you're a real hoot birther boy.
Obama's approval rating is so low, Kenyans are now claiming he was born in the US.
LCN Llin

United States

#957933 Aug 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The GOP Is Now Against Tax Breaks -- If They Help the Middle Class Buy Health Care
....Republican promises to "Lower your tax burden!" and "Increase your take-home pay!" suddenly become "Get everyone addicted to the sugar!" when tax breaks help middle-class Americans pay for health insurance.
This is why today's Republicans can't admit the real reason why they oppose Obamacare: The middle-class tax breaks in Obamacare are paid for almost entirely by taxes on the richest 2 percent of Americans and corporations.
Obamacare's subsidies are like another government program that subsidizes working families, which Republicans conceived and used to support: the earned income tax credit. But today's GOP is funded by billionaires who are jealous of the people on food stamps, and millionaires who get massive tax breaks and rant against the 47 percent of Americans who "don't pay income taxes."
The Bush tax cuts were sold as a tax cut for all Americans. But while a middle-class family could take their tax break and buy a new hood for their car at a salvage yard, the richest Americans could buy a new factory with their breaks. And the worst part is they didn't buy or build a factory, they kept their money or sent it overseas.
What if I told you about a government program that cuts the deficit by billions and already is covering millions of Americans while saving kids' lives? A program that will soon help millions Americans pay for insurance they need anyway with unexpected tax breaks funded by those who can afford it? A modest, fully funded compromise solution that will keep hundreds of thousands of Americans from going bankrupt?
You should say, "Sign me up."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-sattler/t...
Republicans hope to prevent American people from voting.
This tends to backfire.

Some Republicans seem abandoning the attempt to repeal Obamacare..
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957934 Aug 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Even media can no longer ignore black violence: http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/even-media-can-no-...
The Magic Negro's boys need some whuppin'.
Black on Black and White on White Violence: An American Story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/khary-lazarrewh...
LCN Llin

United States

#957935 Aug 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
my poll?
rotflmao
you're a real hoot birther boy.
Sad that republicans abandoned the birther movement as it discredited them as a party.

Hustontown, PA

#957936 Aug 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever I hear the Magic Negro talk about how our medical records and other personal information won't be shared between Federal agencies and departments, I want to throw my shoe at him.
NSA, IRS, Obamacare....who in the hell does he think he's lying to? His dog?
"OMG OMG keeping records of illnesses, etc OMG OMG OMG"

You people get dumber every f*cking day of your miserable whiny little lives.

We improve our medical system by tracking certain medical conditions, treatments & outcomes. We track outbreaks & note when certain conditions increase or decrease among the population and search for causes.

All to help lower medical costs.

But hey, dumbass, run screaming through the streets like the little girl you are.
LCN Llin

United States

#957937 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan, Bush 41. Bush 43. Christie, all RINOs.

Tea Party is too good to be true.
LCN Llin

United States

#957938 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, in my poll of the Obamabots I know, and I know more than a few, my sister being one, and her husband, and all their friends, and the black motorcycle club I have a relationship with, and the black engineers I work with, and the black security officers that guard my building, and any black person I happen to meet and we just happen to begin to discuss something like politics, unanimously all of them think Carter was a fool. We disagree on many other things, but Carter being a fool is unanimously agreed to.
So, just who did those polsters call?
family fiction ... amusing
LOL

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#957939 Aug 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
another one of your 'polls'?
margin of error 100%?
Let's poll the Democrats in Congress and see how much they like ObamaKare, moron. If you recall, they don't want it anywhere near their little piece of heaven.
LCN Llin

United States

#957940 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"OMG OMG keeping records of illnesses, etc OMG OMG OMG"
You people get dumber every f*cking day of your miserable whiny little lives.
We improve our medical system by tracking certain medical conditions, treatments & outcomes. We track outbreaks & note when certain conditions increase or decrease among the population and search for causes.
All to help lower medical costs.
But hey, dumbass, run screaming through the streets like the little girl you are.
on the thread conservatives can pretend they are not in the welfare lines posting ..
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957941 Aug 1, 2013
Coburn On Erick Erickson’s Criticism:‘You Can’t Respond To The Bloggers’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...
LCN Llin

United States

#957942 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's poll the Democrats in Congress and see how much they like ObamaKare, moron. If you recall, they don't want it anywhere near their little piece of heaven.
Republican Ideas in Africa :-)

HARARE, Zimbabwe - The main challenger to Zimbabwe's longtime president, Robert Mugabe, said Thursday the election is "null and void" due to alleged violations in the voting process, but Mugabe has denied vote rigging.

Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai said Wednesday's election was heavily manipulated and did not meet regional or African election standards. A poll monitoring group that is not affiliated with the state also said the poll

was compromised by a campaign to
stop voters from casting ballots.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957943 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's approval rating is so low, Kenyans are now claiming he was born in the US.
there was a time when Texans claimed Bush was born in NYC.

a 22% approval rating will sometimes have that effect.

Hustontown, PA

#957944 Aug 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Korean War was no picnic either. But South Koreans are free people today.
We didn't have the right strategy to fight a jungle war in Vietnam and Johnson called the shots from the White House instead of relying on his generals and didn't know when it became a hopeless cause. It was up to Nixon to end it. But I don't have anything nice to say about him either.
Iraqis risked life and limb to vote for their elected leaders after 40 years of oppression and tyranny.
They had a long way to go but, now that Obama has removed all troops too soon, Iraq will probably become another Vietnam.
Too sad but true.
Vietnam today is a peaceful country & we have diplomatic relations with them.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#957945 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting....
I guess if it's the middle of the Cold War and the Democratic Party has spent the past 30 years sabotaging the United States during a time of war, and were currently sabotaging the United States and assisting the communist front in Central America, and some-fucking-how the party that had a history of sabotage of the United States also had a majority in Congress, I can understand why a president trying to win the Cold War and save the country would want a line item veto.
Regardless, the line item veto is very obviously unconstitutional.
If you noticed, Reagan never pushed for any line item veto legislation to be written. Wanting it, and using the office of president to influence Congress to write it into law is very, very, very different.
Sometimes I want to kill my kids. But, I don't. Now, why do you think I don't? Do you think it's because it's diametrically opposed to everything I believe in? Do you think it's because whatever they did to make me feel like that is just a temporary thing?
So, why didn't Reagan use the office of president to influence Congress to write a line item veto bill?

Hustontown, PA

#957947 Aug 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no. It has nothing to do with swallowing anything but a lot to do with educating yourself.
The caliphate has been around since Muhammad but not recently since the 1920s.
Muslims believe the Caliphate is the continuation of the Islamic Caliphate and that the next Caliphate will endure to the end of time depending on their righteousness and faith in God.
Islamist political parties and mujahideen have called for the restoration of the caliphate by uniting Muslim nations, either through political action or through force.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
The Muslim Brotherhood advocates pan-Islamic unity and implementing Islamic law. Hassan al-Banna, its Founder, wrote about the restoration of the Caliphate.
http://www.mideastweb.org/Middle-East-Encyclo...
Now you've learned something.
You're welcome.
Thaank you Glenn Beck for making people this stupid.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#957950 Aug 1, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
family fiction ... amusing
LOL
Not only a history scholar, but clarvoyant, too.

How about that history lesson your bullshit claims to know so much about.

Let's start with Ho Chi Minh going to Paris and asked the French to return to Vietnam to make the Chinese army leave who refused to leave after they monitored the removal of the Japanese army.

Take it from there, dupe.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#957953 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Vietnam today is a peaceful country & we have diplomatic relations with them.
Vietnam today is a country with manifest poverty who's economic outlet to the world can be summed up by counting the sweatshops making cheap shirts, dumbass, instead of having a thriving middle class working in an economic system that includes automobile manufacturing, shipbuilding, applliance manufacturing, computer manufacturing, etc., etc., etc., like South Korea.
There is no reason to believe South Vietnam would be any different than South Korea today if the Democrats had not sabotaged them in 1973 after they beat the single largest communist invasion of the entire war without help from US ground forces in 1972.
What you idiots did was subject them to statistically the worst mass murderer in the history of civilization, Ho Chi Minh.
Today, they are just another poverty-ridden remnant of the Cold War your fucking side lost.
LCN Llin

United States

#957954 Aug 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only a history scholar, but clarvoyant, too.
How about that history lesson your bullshit claims to know so much about.
Let's start with Ho Chi Minh going to Paris and asked the French to return to Vietnam to make the Chinese army leave who refused to leave after they monitored the removal of the Japanese army.
Take it from there, dupe.
Does a University exist in your hamlet?

Libraries open?

You can take history courses on line for free.
LCN Llin

United States

#957956 Aug 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thaank you Glenn Beck for making people this stupid.
It’s been a rough couple of month for those who adopt

the Ron Paul/Glenn Beck school of portfolio management.

Gold, the prized investment of those who wish to guard against a looming hyperinflation or breakdown in society, has been falling sharply, and on Thursday afternoon briefly passed below the $1,200 an ounce level for the first time since 2010. The reasons why are actually somewhat promising for the economic outlook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Coffee Party 196,921
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min IBdaMann 54,537
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 8 hr mila123 407
ask amy 8-29-15 8 hr Mister Tonka 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr Perrie Winkle 6,424
How to get into the USA. 11 hr New Beach Boys Song 3
a teachers lament. 11 hr Flubadub 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages