Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#957588 Jul 31, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think you would be. I'm a Liberal. I don't want the government to control women's bodies, or gay marriage. Yes, evangelical Christian fanatics are much like Muslims
Once again, the majority of blacks and Hispanics are anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage.

Society dictates its moral standards. The abolitionists brought attention to slavery and ending it. The majority joined the cause for civil rights because it was the right thing to do.

But who looks out for the rights of human beings who are unborn?

And why must society redefine something as timeless and enduring as marriage to keep those who are having temper tantrums to get their way happy?

The government should respect the will of the people. The people know what's best for the people.

If anyone tried to dictate the will of the people, it was southern democrats who tried to dictate racism. Not the other way around.
Waxman

United States

#957589 Jul 31, 2013
Texas Tom Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd and weird. Coincidentally those are the two words that pop into my mind each time I see your name, Wax Man. Get any girls yet with your car yet?
Not yet but I'll keep trying. Most chicks don't get too excited over a 1972 Pinto station wagon. Sad fact of my life.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#957590 Jul 31, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
World nut daily!!! Bwwwaaaaahhhhhh
Media Matters!!! Bwwwaaaaahhhhhh

Joe Scarface!!! Bwwwaaaaahhhhhh

lily!!! Bwwwaaaaahhhhhh
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#957591 Jul 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...Obama's spiritual mentor...
You mean like how the Church allows pedophilia?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#957592 Jul 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The assets of Americans, the only possible source.
yes, and they know that. That's why they never want to answer that question.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#957593 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Just heard something really important so have to post it.
A new Benghazi hearing is underway behind closed doors by the key commander in Benghazi who has been abroad and unable to testify until now but, hopefully, will sing like a bird.
Also, the promise that the killers of those four Americans would be "hunted down" and warned "if you mess with us, we'll mess with you" - again rings hollow by this administration.
Not one person has been arrested.
Republicans are going to pursue this additional lack of competency.
But liberals don't care if their leaders lie to them or not. As long as they keep believing them.
Marine Col. George Bristol who is testifying on his last day of active duty.

The longer this nonsense goes on, the more embarrassing it becomes for good and decent Republicans.

Closed doors___LMAO.

Subpoena Paula Broadwell and let her tell the American people how she learned that the Benghazi CIA annex was being used as a prison.

Speaking of Libya, one of Gaddafi's ministers has been convicted and sentenced to death.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#957594 Jul 31, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There has never been an answer to this question, other than the most recent post I just responded to.
What do you think of their response?
Not something you'll accept anyway.

That's not a surprise.

But keep shouting. It's about all you have to offer...
Waxman

United States

#957595 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the majority of blacks and Hispanics are anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage.
Society dictates its moral standards. The abolitionists brought attention to slavery and ending it. The majority joined the cause for civil rights because it was the right thing to do.
But who looks out for the rights of human beings who are unborn?
And why must society redefine something as timeless and enduring as marriage to keep those who are having temper tantrums to get their way happy?
The government should respect the will of the people. The people know what's best for the people.
If anyone tried to dictate the will of the people, it was southern democrats who tried to dictate racism. Not the other way around.
bizarre.
Same Song

Waynesboro, MS

#957596 Jul 31, 2013
"Roy Middleton"... "Unarmed Black Man"... "Police Shooting"..."His own driveway"..."15 shots fired"...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#957597 Jul 31, 2013
Nice childish antics libs. You have Yeah, Magee & Waxman, or about half of your side posting as morons without restraint. It's a very good indication of the caliber of disingenuous clowns you all are on the left.

LMAO!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#957598 Jul 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not something you'll accept anyway.
That's not a surprise.
But keep shouting. It's about all you have to offer...
Stop. Look. Listen.

There has never been an answer to this question, other than the most recent post I just responded to.
What do you think of their response?

Orlando, FL

#957599 Jul 31, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
weird and odd.
Maybe CNN can explain it better.

The gross domestic product rose at a 1.7% annual rate in April through June, slightly faster than the 1.1% rate in the first quarter...[and just 0.1% the quarter before that].

Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had predicted GDP would grow at a 1.2% annual pace, so the report was better than expected and seen as an encouraging sign for the recovery.

That said, 1.7% growth is STILL CONSIDERED WEAK historically.

Since 1929, the U.S. economy has grown an average of 3.3% per year.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/31/news/economy/...

Which is the increase we have to see again if we're ever going to get anywhere.
Waxman

United States

#957600 Jul 31, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Nice childish antics libs. You have Yeah, Magee & Waxman, or about half of your side posting as morons without restraint. It's a very good indication of the caliber of disingenuous clowns you all are on the left.
LMAO!
you left yourself out! You and me are the same person!! Bwaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaa!!
Waxman

United States

#957601 Jul 31, 2013
LMAO!
odd. Did you feed your unicorn today apeman?

Orlando, FL

#957602 Jul 31, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Marine Col. George Bristol who is testifying on his last day of active duty.
The longer this nonsense goes on, the more embarrassing it becomes for good and decent Republicans.
Closed doors___LMAO.
Subpoena Paula Broadwell and let her tell the American people how she learned that the Benghazi CIA annex was being used as a prison.
Speaking of Libya, one of Gaddafi's ministers has been convicted and sentenced to death.

Some are trying to make it an open hearing.

I hope, I hope, I hope...wouldn't it be great to see and hear the key commander in Benghazi telling the truth about what really happened?

The truth about what really happened - for the first time in 10 months?
BIg Bob Magee

Paris, France

#957603 Jul 31, 2013
LMAO!
Damn, Wax Man, must be harsh bein' lumped in with the likes of us, huh? But you gotta take into consideration the idiocy of capitalism, Benghazi, Jesus comin' back to earth inna space ship. You got a few chinks in the ol' mental armor yourself.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#957604 Jul 31, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Marine Col. George Bristol who is testifying on his last day of active duty.
Closed doors___LMAO.
Closed doors would be Boehner's decision.
Boehner doesn't want something really bad said in an environment he can't control.
Boehner is a Democrat wearing a RINO costume.
You are right. That is rediculous.

Open the doors and let everyone hear what's said. That's the only way we'll know. Obama doesn't have any credibility. RINOs don't have any credibility. We need to hear for ourselves what is said.
Waxman

United States

#957605 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe CNN can explain it better.
The gross domestic product rose at a 1.7% annual rate in April through June, slightly faster than the 1.1% rate in the first quarter...[and just 0.1% the quarter before that].
Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had predicted GDP would grow at a 1.2% annual pace, so the report was better than expected and seen as an encouraging sign for the recovery.
That said, 1.7% growth is STILL CONSIDERED WEAK historically.
Since 1929, the U.S. economy has grown an average of 3.3% per year.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/31/news/economy/...
Which is the increase we have to see again if we're ever going to get anywhere.
quaint.
Waxman

United States

#957606 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some are trying to make it an open hearing.
I hope, I hope, I hope...wouldn't it be great to see and hear the key commander in Benghazi telling the truth about what really happened?
The truth about what really happened - for the first time in 10 months?
kooky.
Waxman

United States

#957608 Jul 31, 2013
BIg Bob Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, Wax Man, must be harsh bein' lumped in with the likes of us, huh? But you gotta take into consideration the idiocy of capitalism, Benghazi, Jesus comin' back to earth inna space ship. You got a few chinks in the ol' mental armor yourself.
oink!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min Frijoles 71,136
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,923
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 10 min dango64 6
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min TRD 68,896
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 40 min PEllen 98,858
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 44 min barefoot2626 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min Cali Girl 2014 51,266
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:13 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:13PM