Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#957430 Jul 31, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>A women could be 'stoned or beheaded' soon in Texas too if Texans allow their government to keep down the path to restricting the rights of women and minorities.
....hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Can you explain why the very people stoning and beheading women are in the White House every day?

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#957431 Jul 31, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, stupid. Snopes is owned by George Soros and has been discredited so many times, only the most ignorant and/or stupid people still reference it.
Got something with some credibility?
You even use rumors & lies to defend your rumors & lies.

"CLAIM: Snopes.com is 'owned by a flaming liberal' with a partisan bias.

First off, it's clear that whoever wrote this piece made it up as they went along. Anyone who has spent even a few minutes browsing Snopes.com knows that the website is owned by two people, not one. They are husband and wife David and Barbara Mikkelson of southern California. This is stated on the website and has been common knowledge for quite some time.

Second, the charge of partisanship is laid without evidence. At no time have the Mikkelsons publicly stated a political preference or affiliation, or expressed support for any particular party or candidate.

Moreover, Barbara Mikkelson is a Canadian citizen, and as such cannot vote in U.S. elections or contribute to political campaigns. In a statement to FactCheck.org , David Mikkelson said his "sole involvement in politics" is voting on election day. In 2000 he registered as a Republican, documents provided to FactCheck.org show, and in 2008 Mikkelson didn't declare a party affiliation at all. Says Mikkelson: "I've never joined a party, worked for a campaign, or donated money to a candidate" (source: FactCheck.org ).

Anyone who claims proof to the contrary needs to come out with it.

A NOTE ON GEORGE SOROS: A later variant of this rumor alleges, without evidence, that Snopes.com is owned and/or financed by liberal philanthropist and hedge fund tycoon George Soros. This is false. The website is entirely self-supporting through advertising sales. "

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/internet/a/s...

The Snopes website clearly states the ownership of the site - a husband & wife team. The wife is a Canadian & the husband last registered as aRepublican. Now he lists no party on his registration.

They have never supported any candidate on their site.

You are caught again in yet another lie..

Does your employer know how GD stupid you are?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#957433 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be beheaded or stoned in a Muslim country. Can't picture you as an oppressed submissive wife who is at the mercy of her husband if you made him angry.
Better stay here. It's probably why the majority of peaceful Muslims stay here too.
But you're wrong about our being a "liberal society". Independents and conservatives far outnumber self-proclaimed liberals. Independents just got confused in the last election and too many others believed there was some kind of war going on with everyone. Of course, Romney's Mormonism probably had a lot to do with Obama winning s reelection and too many believing the smears and lies about him.
But, yes, you'd do better here if you were a Muslim. Definitely.
lol! Son, the GOP is confused. And the attempted theft of a party by the t-p only makes it more confusing.

No one wants radicals in charges..... except the right wingers!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#957434 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Islamic terrorism has occurred in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia, South Asia and North America.
Do you suppose radical Islamists might just desire a global Islamic state?
Tenzing? Hello?
Do some reading on Western Colonialism

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#957435 Jul 31, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Something we did in Iran in the 1950's".!!
That's what Tenzing said.

I tried to remind him time and time again that we rescued Kuwaitis from Saddam's thugs who were raping and pillaging anything that moved there and provided training and arms to help the Afghanis after the Russian invasion to run them off. There was no Russian 9/11 or anything.

But he still thinks we made them real mad for protecting our best interests against Russia's influence in the 50s by maneuvering the Shah into power.

He also keeps forgetting about the strict sanctions during the Clinton administration that killed thousands of Iraqi children through starvation after Saddam invaded Kuwait

But I don't blame Clinton. I blame Saddam.

That's the difference between you and me. You blame Bush instead of the bad guys.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#957436 Jul 31, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
they omit the largest Islamic country, Indonesia ...which they most likely place in the Middle East
Perhaps Lois has suffered from amnesia.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#957437 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's more of a centrist conservative. I'd take a centrist Democrat or a centrist Republican over a far left radical liberal any day.
I wouldn't have even had a problem with Clinton had he kept his pants zipped in the Oval Office and hadn't been such a liar. He was smart moving center when Congress became Republican during the last six years of his two terms and going along with them.
lol! Obama has moved towards the middle. That's because the t-p and right wing crazies have pushed the radical bar so far over to the right, you can't tell.
LCN Llin

United States

#957438 Jul 31, 2013
Honor killing Red Neck style
sadly
C*sey A*thony- Orlando, Florida
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#957439 Jul 31, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Most common f*xite fallacy of hasty generalization.
Second fallacy is generalizing from the particular
Common among high school dropouts a national problem.
Funny they hang themselves with their own posts and often clueless of their historical mistakes
LOL
lol! They're so intent on pushing their politics, they forget about the facts.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#957440 Jul 31, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
World nut daily diverted the nuts to question the birth certificate for a rather long time.
President Obama played them like a violin.
Same people back post more historical malarky.
It's The Lion Kings birthday August 6th, stay tuned for renewed birfer comments....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#957441 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, your scenario is nothing but irrational bantering.
Reality, on the other hand, is an American Muslim father killed his two teenage daughters for becoming "westernized" and not one peep of condemnation was heard from other American Muslims.
There have been several "honor killings" of wives by their American Muslim husbands here as well with little or no outcry from other American Muslims.
They probably don't want to be killed either.
Are they not prosecuted?
LCN Llin

United States

#957442 Jul 31, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some reading on Western Colonialism
The web is a valid source of information for those who have not dropped out of high school.
As a primary source, the internet is confusing, as illustrated by f^xite posts.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#957443 Jul 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What's funny is your claims of what you 'know' son. Just like Lois, you idiots take the position of assuming you're right and demanding others prove you wrong when the best thing to do is simply prove you're right.
The problem is, facts keep getting in your way. Or in this case as in most cases, the lack of them!
Right wing crazies are such idiots and love to prove it!
Here's the Democrat explanation:

“We have always had these dense urban corridors that are extremely Democratic,” Jonathan Rodden, a Stanford University political science professor, told the Philadelphia Inquirer.“It’s kind of an urban fact, and you are looking at the extreme end of it.”

There's a specific name to look up, dufus, something George Soros seldom gives in his so-called "proof" on his Snopes site.

What Jonathan Rodden is saying is not one crackhead, not one stoned junkie, not one illiterate dropout, not one confused elderly, not one person at all pressed the wrong button by mistake.

That is an impossibility among that many thousands of votes cast.

That there was not one, not one single individual like every one of us knows who voted one way solely because everyone else voted the other way. But, I can understand how that naturally occurring individuality could nave been completely eradicated in those areas. How it could have been, but not likely to have been, considering how much of a naturally occurring characteristic it is among humans.

Why don't you tell us why not one person pressed the wrong button by mistake, and why individuality has been completely eliminated in those regions.

This looks identical to those show elections third world dictators put on when they get 95 percent of the vote. They would get 100 percent of the vote, but about 5 percent of those voting there check the wrong box by mistake.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#957444 Jul 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the US had a parliamentary government, then John Boehner (or whomever was the Republican Party leader in the House) would be the Prime Minister.
Exactly, and he could more easily removed for not doing his job , even crowing that he doesn't want to do his job if it helps the President make the country better off.
Impeach

West Covina, CA

#957445 Jul 31, 2013
When will we impeach?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#957446 Jul 31, 2013
When elected leaders are expected to answer to the people but, instead, protect their own party; when they refuse to address or take responsibility of having any knowledge of wrongdoing or failures or incompetence by members of their own party to protect their own and, instead, plead the Fifth or feign innocence or ignorance of having any knowledge when their job is to be knowledgeable; when they grandstand and deflect blame instead of satisfying ongoing unanswered questions on the part of the people based on accusations of unconstitutionality by members of their own party; when they silence and demote whistleblowers and reward their own; we have to assume our elected leaders seek power and self-immunity and a desire to control the outcome of any given situation whether it's through blatant dishonesty or self-preservation and the people be damned.

(I like this if I do say so myself. Think I'll post it every now and then just because I do.)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#957447 Jul 31, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
nuts
lol! You're not a Gen. McAuliffe...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#957448 Jul 31, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
clueless
On this topic? Yep. So I can't understand why you believe non cons are afraid of this man.

I guess you don't know either, eh?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#957449 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Tenzing said.
I tried to remind him time and time again that we rescued Kuwaitis from Saddam's thugs who were raping and pillaging anything that moved there and provided training and arms to help the Afghanis after the Russian invasion to run them off. There was no Russian 9/11 or anything.
But he still thinks we made them real mad for protecting our best interests against Russia's influence in the 50s by maneuvering the Shah into power.
He also keeps forgetting about the strict sanctions during the Clinton administration that killed thousands of Iraqi children through starvation after Saddam invaded Kuwait
But I don't blame Clinton. I blame Saddam.
That's the difference between you and me. You blame Bush instead of the bad guys.
Iraq had a good case against Kuwait 's aggression in stealing from Iraqi oil fields and when Iraq tried to get a fair hearing in the U N the George H W Bush Administration unfairly supported Kuwait (a monarchy and regional ally) over Iraq (an independent republic). The Founding Fathers would have flipped over the decision of Bush 43 to choose to favor a monarch over a democracy.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#957450 Jul 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Discredited? Really?
Where is your source for this Lucie County?
I get it, you only demand sources not provide them. Silly me. To think you actually had anything reliable to back up the crap you post.
But hey, I tale this opportunity to provide another source:
"According to Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Kathy Dent,“Cards are pages, ballots are the full ballot consisting of both pages.”"
http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2012/11/10/up...
At least this guy had the balls to admit when he was wrong. Unlike you.
But just for the fun of making you look stupider yet:
http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/...
The Reagan Coalition. I know how you EWhiners love Reagan.
Even Reagan's spirit says you are a liar.
Now what?
I gave you the name of the government official, you dumbass.
How about you take that name, use the subject, search, and you will see a plethora of links to read. You won't be reading just one biased to one side. You will see all links. That's how you read both sides of the story.
Or, you can just copy the quote I gave you in the search box and it will put a link with that exact quote first in your search.

Just like a Democrat. Expecting everyone else to do everything for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,304
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 21 min RIP Jahziel 44
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min Frijoles 70,032
Abby 10-22 31 min PEllen 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min Belle Sexton 50,609
Abby 10-20 52 min Mister Tonka 21
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr David 98,501
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]