Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#957487 Jul 31, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead and keep believing that you are okay with Christian fundamentalist 'Sharia law' too. Or , get down on your knees and admit that you are glad that the American Founders were not Christian fundamentalists , but pragmatic enough to separate Church and State.
The only thing pragmatic about "separation of church and state" was the Church of England had dictated everyone's religion.

The idea was to let people worship whoever and whenever they wanted without the state interfering or the government mandating a state religion in the new republic.

The phrase was only mentioned in writings and letters by the Founders. It is nowhere in the Constitution.

Please tell me you already knew that.
LCN Llin

United States

#957488 Jul 31, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Devout Muslims choose to live in a non-Muslim country for the same reason non-Muslims choose to immigrate from countries like Russia, China, Japan, etc. or the same reason Jews immigrate to the United States instead of Israel. They want to live in a peaceful country where they have basic freedoms and economic opportunities not available in their homeland. They don't like the radicals anymore than you do.
America has freedoms which make tea-flakes uncomfortable with their narrative of victimization.

Republicans only hope is the attempt to keep American from voting.
Justice Department is looking into this

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#957489 Jul 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO! This coming from a foreigner!!!
Stick to your own country son.
Good morning Yeah. Did you see the post to you from our resident psycho claiming that Obama is the one responsible for Hawaii's practice of shipping their homeless to the mainland? Not only does she believe that Obama is in charge of the legislative branch of the federal government, she also believes he is in charge of state legislatures as well!!! Seems to be no limit to her stupidity.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#957490 Jul 31, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Devout Muslims choose to live in a non-Muslim country for the same reason non-Muslims choose to immigrate from countries like Russia, China, Japan, etc. or the same reason Jews immigrate to the United States instead of Israel. They want to live in a peaceful country where they have basic freedoms and economic opportunities not available in their homeland. They don't like the radicals anymore than you do.
Do you think the hajib should be prohibited?

Location hidden

#957491 Jul 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What is an Andrew Napolitano?
A Foxbot.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#957492 Jul 31, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some reading on Western Colonialism .
Watch 2016. It covers this issue and insight how Obama thinks/hates and is warped.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#957493 Jul 31, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Good News for America !
Private sector job creation surged in July to 200,000 as small businesses and services led the way, according to the latest report from ADP and Moody's Analytics.
Economists surveyed by Reuters expected the report from ADP and Moody's Analytics to show the private sector created 180,000 jobs in July.
Not nearly enough.

Meanwhile, the Q1 GDP was revised downward to to make the Q2 GDP look better.

Fun with numbers.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#957494 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you forgot to mention one tiny little detail. Jesse Jackson was overheard on a hot mic to have said to another black leader sitting beside him that Obama should be neutered for "talking down" to black people.
So kudos to Obama for trying to get out the right message five years ago just as Bill Cosby tried in 2006 in front of the NAACP.
But there's a good reason no one has heard another peep out of either of them since.
Only now are more and more black men with influence expressing genuine outrage because blacks not addressing the real problems and saying what should have been said a long time ago.
Juan Williams is, perhaps, the most vocal since he wrote a book about just such outrage in 2006 after Cosby's speech. Juan also worked for Jesse Jackson and saw firsthand how these "so-called" black leaders are simply hucksters and literally blackmail corporations into giving them money to keep them from labeling them racists and destroying their businesses.
Cosby was ultimately ostracized from the black community.
The Grievance Industry does not want traitors - especially men who are their own color - messing up this good thing they've found.
Bill Cosby is not ostracized from the black community and Juan Wlliams is not the spokesperson for it either.
Blacks are not a monolithic group. Jesse Jackson is a jackass to many in the black community.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#957495 Jul 31, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Yeah. Did you see the post to you from our resident psycho claiming that Obama is the one responsible for Hawaii's practice of shipping their homeless to the mainland? Not only does she believe that Obama is in charge of the legislative branch of the federal government, she also believes he is in charge of state legislatures as well!!! Seems to be no limit to her stupidity.
Nor yours.

Orlando, FL

#957496 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Do some reading on Western Colonialism .
What are you now? LCN's echo?

Like I told him, do some reading on liberating Europe and rebuilding Japan and Germany. And providing help to those in need around the world.

And then contrast that to books about Lenin and Mao.

(Am I going to have to repeat all my responses to LCN to you too from now on?)

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#957497 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>So, you're saying that we should just accept our Third World status that the Bush Administration and Republicans put us in. That's too self-defeatist for me. I'll stand with the President Barack Obama and his more American belief in our own innate abilities to adapt and change and improve when we work together.
Ahhh, that sounds so....bubbly and marvelous. The only innate ability Obama has exhibited is to exacerbate a worsening situation. 5 years in, 90% of our states showed an INCREASE in unemployment last month. Is that what you mean by working together?

Location hidden

#957498 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>Republicans 'mocking President Barack Obama who they need to 'do the business of government with' for having no American birth certificate ' wasn't a 'good strategy' too.
Yea, and Rep Kevin McCarthy announcing on inauguration day that
"We've gotta challenge them on every single bill....and
show united and unyielding opposition to the president’s economic policies" hasn't worked out to be a "good strategy" either.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#957500 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>A women could be 'stoned or beheaded' soon in Texas too if Texans allow their government to keep down the path to restricting the rights of women and minorities.
There are a lot of stoned women in America. Look at lily.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#957501 Jul 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Obama Has a New 'No Congress' Plan
He's promised a slew of executive orders
4 mins ago
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/7271-obama-...

About time since Republicans are only interested in doing nothing to help us. It didn't work in 2012 but they somehow think doing nothing except obstructing will win them the votes of Independents who typically have no love of partisan baloney.

Republicans will be forced to offer alternatives (beyond repealing Obamacare & restricting abortions & gay marriage)

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#957502 Jul 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Another right whnier running from the effects of the Bush recession by trying to blame Obama.
Come one Mighty Dumb Builder, man up, admit your party's immense failure under Bush, Boehner, McConnell, Hassert, Cantor & Ryan.
You know what Wimpy, my 7 year old grandson is more creative than you. "It's not my fault.", " I didn't know.", Hey, look over there.", "I didn't do it." are really getting old and they make you sound like a fawning teenaged groupie.

Orlando, FL

#957503 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you think the hajib should be prohibited?
The problem, of course, is the UK and other countries in Europe are beginning to realize Muslims are becoming more dominant by remaining separate from the mainstream while growing in numbers and demanding Sharia Law be implemented into their own governments' laws.

It's just going to be a little harder to do that here. But we probably shouldn't think it can never happen.

At least one city in this country has already granted Muslims the right to say their prayers over loudspeakers.

We should all be keeping an eye on Europe and if this problem is contained there or continues to grow.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#957504 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Bill Cosby is not ostracized from the black community and Juan Wlliams is not the spokesperson for it either.
Blacks are not a monolithic group. Jesse Jackson is a jackass to many in the black community.
So True.

Location hidden

#957505 Jul 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>On this topic? Yep. So I can't understand why you believe non cons are afraid of this man.
I guess you don't know either, eh?
They thought we were afraid of Romney, too. They are the ones running scared because they have nobody in the wings capable of winning.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957506 Jul 31, 2013
A ‘Groundswell’ Of Republican Distortion and Misinformation Puts Our Nation in Peril

Americans cannot take groups like Groundswell lightly because they are having a measure of success in implementing their extreme agenda in Congress and particularly states saturated with low information voters. In fact in one memo to Groundswell members and influential conservative journalists, the group said,“we must reclaim the language and put ‘a face’ on our messages; tell stories. Write articles on 4th grade level!” It is no coincidence that red and Southern states enact voter suppression, anti-women’s choice, and right to work for less laws that inflict harm on liberals and conservatives alike with little opposition, and it is only because of ignorance inherent in their constituents. The problem with low information voters with the comprehension level of a fourth-grader is they are easily swayed by fear mongers preaching that President Obama is coming for their guns, stripping their religious freedom, and transforming America into a communist nation.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/31/ground...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#957507 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you now? LCN's echo?
Like I told him, do some reading on liberating Europe and rebuilding Japan and Germany. And providing help to those in need around the world.
And then contrast that to books about Lenin and Mao.
(Am I going to have to repeat all my responses to LCN to you too from now on?)
No, but you seem puzzled on the reasons for Islamic extremism. It didnt just happen overnight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 22 min NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min Cali Girl 2014 51,233
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr jacques Ottawa 180,587
Need a business partner. 1 hr bulbul 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Always Smile 4,858
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 48,357
Ferguson authorities seem to be waiting 1 hr hands on AR 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr author author 98,673
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says