Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#957145 Jul 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Very few people under the age of 40 believe they will ever receive any Social Security benefits and they resent paying the tax.
Understandable, especially with the givverment being so lax these days aligning itself with repetitive welfare/social dependency programs, rather than job markets.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#957146 Jul 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security numbers are geographical (and time sequenced), but based on wherever one happens to walk into a SSA office to apply for a card.
Yup.

(I always heard the 60's were something for hippie types, but geez).

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#957147 Jul 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a handful of 'black conservatives' does not make for 'a lot'.
a handful of black conservatives who only have a voice whenever the right wing media are on a 'black people are bad' tear who don't even start to make a dent in the black psyche.
and why are they on the tear.....the Zimmerman apology tour.
"somic"
What apology tour? What is their to apologize for? Zimmerman was judge not guilty.
"sonic" this something you will never understand. All black folks are not good. All white folks are not bad. Folks are what they are. Color does not determine , good and/or bad is not determined by color.
Peace
KMA

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#957148 Jul 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The Presidents of the United States controlled the local municipalities...do tell. How come Detroit went bankrupt under the O'bama? mmm mmm mmm.
Detroit remains one of the richest cities in America as the greater Detroit metropolitan neighborhood of Bloomfield Hills has an average median income of $900,000 --so, under Obama some of Detroiters have made out very well indeed.

Spokane, WA

#957149 Jul 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not counting that nearly every state that is run by Republicans are trying to take away their right to vote.
"real dumb"
Put up or shut up. List the states run by Republicans that are trying to take away the right of any one to vote. List examples of these restrictions. If they are doing so why is holder not holding wieners weeneie and going to court? Examples? Requiring a picture Id? Requiring proof of age? Requiring proof of citizenship? Requiring proof of residency? Shit none of those restrictions should apply, let all the illegals vote, they are after all nobama voters.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#957150 Jul 30, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Detroit remains one of the richest cities in America as the greater Detroit metropolitan neighborhood of Bloomfield Hills has an average median income of $900,000 --so, under Obama some of Detroiters have made out very well indeed.
Yeah, I have a friend who is very wealthy and lives in Bloomfield Hills. You know WHY its wealthy and affluent?

"No burnt toast"....:-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#957151 Jul 30, 2013
<quoted text> Detroit remains one of the richest cities in America as the greater Detroit metropolitan neighborhood of Bloomfield Hills has an average median income of $900,000 --so, under Obama some of Detroiters have made out very well indeed.
Anyone living in Bloomfield Hills would throttle you for lumping them in with the Urban Reservation south of them. Shame on you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#957152 Jul 30, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
Manning acquitted on aiding the enemy charge. For those of you who don't realize the implications of this verdict stay tuned.
"Folks"
You just heard the "dumos" mantra, the more information the haters of America has the better. After all the deaths of the patriots will just lead to more American deaths.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#957153 Jul 30, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul hit back at New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the two Republicans’
ongoing spat
over national security.
Republicans eating republicans
no vegetarians here
...and no brains in your post....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#957154 Jul 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That isn't what you said birdbrain!
"flack"
"real dumb" has not a clue as to what he says. He just opens his mouth and the crap spews out.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#957155 Jul 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly is NOT heath insurance which is what I was talking about.
As for the other, I'm still laughing my ass off.
"real dumb"
You do not have an ass. Only men have them, you have a nice soft tushie, you are a wimp, you would not make a wart on a man's ass.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#957156 Jul 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I have a friend who is very wealthy and lives in Bloomfield Hills. You know WHY its wealthy and affluent?
"No burnt toast"....:-)
I see what you mean:
White alone - 3,334 (86.2%)
Asian alone - 260 (6.7%)
Black alone - 155 (4.0%)
Two or more races - 57 (1.5%)
Hispanic - 59 (1.5%)
American Indian alone - 3 (0.08%)
Other race alone - 1 (0.03%)

And look at the marriage rate--another fact that democrats hate and the graduation rate, another fact democrats hate. Are there any democrats living there? OK there are three--three democrat sex offenders.
For population 25 years and over in Bloomfield Hills:
High school or higher: 95.4%
Bachelor's degree or higher: 66.7%
Graduate or professional degree: 36.2%
Unemployed: 2.3%
Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bloomfield Hills city:
Never married: 19.8%
Now married: 69.2%
Separated: 0.6%
Widowed: 6.4%
Divorced: 4.0%

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Bloomfield-Hill...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#957157 Jul 30, 2013
It is 20 miles away from the crap of Detroit. What a moron you are. Have you ever visited a metropolitan city...in your life time? It is a suburb, not Detroit proper. You are a liberal that's for sure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Prevented this

#957158 Jul 30, 2013
Former Ambassador: Benghazi “Stand Down” Order Came from Obama
July 30, 2013

Was there ever any doubt?

Ann Wagner, a former US ambassador and current congresswoman from Missouri, was interviewed about what the protocol would be for a “stand down” order in the event of a consulate being under attack, and she answered what many have suspected already: that’s an order that would come from Obama himself.

This is one of the reasons that the Obama administration has essentially refused to provide details about where Obama was at or what he was doing during the attack. This is because we know exactly what he was doing — ignoring the cries for help for political reasons.

Being wrong about policy is one thing. But ignoring the screams of those who work for you because you’d rather them die than accept that your foreign policy is creating more terrorists is a level of treason rare, even for the most despotic tyrants.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#957161 Jul 30, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
They waited for the week end, squeezed them out real quick naturally..and went back to their JOBS in the tax paying work force after a few days.
That's still pretty modern-times though lol.
Some liberals think malpractice insurance for physicians doesn't play a major role in the costs of health care.

Depending on the state, OB/GYNs can pay more than $55,000 per year. General surgeons between $22,000 and $34,000 per year.

Juries are easily swayed to award those who file malpractice lawsuits because it's a big company and not hurting anybody.

But if the insurance company has a million customers and jurors give $300,000,000 awards, then everybody's rate goes up by $300 to pay for it.

The health care system is broken but Obamacare is anything but the solution.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#957162 Jul 30, 2013
Why do you keep repeating irrelevant bullshit about another city?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#957165 Jul 30, 2013
<quoted text> The question is why the wealthiest Americans keep getting richer despite their cries that higher taxes are making them poorer. Why are the rich lying?
Hard work and intelligence always triumphs over sloth and loud demands.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#957168 Jul 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rs used to be the liberal party.
Ds used to be the conservative party.
now quit acting like a FOXbot and prove me wrong.
but if you want i can once again post MLK talking about the radical right if that would put things into perspective.
It wouldn't help or make any difference to prove you wrong. You're much too confused to accept the truth.

MLK's fight was against southern Democrat oppression in the south.

How old are you anyway?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#957172 Jul 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
MLK: Another indication that progress is being made was found in the recent presidential election in the United States. The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...
(why does that never get old.)
so what black person would want to vote for the party of "extremism, racism, and retrogression"?
From your source, excerpt from MLK's Nobel Prize acceptance speech:

"I accept the Nobel Prize for Peace at a moment when 22 million Negroes of the United States of America are engaged in a creative battle to end the long night of racial injustice...I am mindful that only yesterday in Birmingham, Alabama, our children, crying out for brotherhood, were answered with fire hoses, snarling dogs and even death. I am mindful that only yesterday in Philadelphia, Mississippi, young people seeking to secure the right to vote were brutalized and murdered. And only yesterday more than 40 houses of worship in the State of Mississippi alone were bombed or burned because they offered a sanctuary to those who would not accept segregation. I am mindful that debilitating and grinding poverty afflicts my people and chains them to the lowest rung of the economic ladder."

He wasn't talking about Republicans in Alabama and Mississippi.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#957173 Jul 30, 2013
<quoted text>The Obama stimulus 'tax relief' was a middle class(where 40% of African-Americans finally arrived before Reagan was elected) tax cut that Ronald Reagan and George W Bush promised ,but never delivered.
There were no tax rate reductions in Porkulus.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Earthling-1 46,971
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min edogxxx 98,321
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Scrutiny 178,561
Abby 9-30 18 min edogxxx 1
Amy 9-30 20 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min Eric 69,458
Abia State polytechnic, Direct entry admission ... 1 hr prof vicktor 1

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]