Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233746 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#957331 Jul 31, 2013
When elected leaders are expected to answer to the people but, instead, protect their own party; when they refuse to address or take responsibility of having any knowledge of wrongdoing or failures or incompetence by members of their own party to protect their own and, instead, plead the Fifth or feign innocence or ignorance of having any knowledge when their job is to be knowledgeable; when they grandstand and deflect blame instead of satisfying ongoing unanswered questions on the part of the people based on accusations of unconstitutionality by members of their own party; when they silence and demote whistleblowers and reward their own; we have to assume our elected leaders seek power and self-immunity and a desire to control the outcome of any given situation whether it's through blatant dishonesty or self-preservation and the people be damned.

We also have to assume half of us want that kind of leadership and, therefore, the other half no longer matters and are at the mercy of the whims of the power hungry who desire control at the expense of the Constitution and the best interests and will of all the people.

We then have to assume we are no longer Americans but a one-party system who has the power of the media behind them ensuring their mutual self-serving goals.

This is where we are. The outcome will determine if this where we will continue to be.

No one expects both parties to be perfect. We all expect both parties to serve and protect the Constitution of the United States before serving and protecting their own kind with the goal being one-party dominance.

Can't say it any plainer than that. Either those on the left want a one-party system led by leaders who are dishonest and who serve only themselves protected by a dishonest and biased media or they don't.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957333 Jul 31, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, yes the black & brown hoard we confine primarily to ghettos is a real threat. People of ALL races that act like humans with respect and dignity are welcome to thrive in the US. The others we just beat down, send to prison, kill, or isolate.
This WILL continue, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.....:-)
you've evidently never spent any time with some FWT.

floriduh? little help please.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957334 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Has anyone noticed the post numbers haven't gone any higher in a long time?
Guess there isn't enough for 7 digits.
Good morning everyone.
good morning!?

white punks are rioting! there is nothing good about that!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#957335 Jul 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me proof of districts with over 100% turnout.
As for 100% of the vote? It's called gerrymandering.
You know, where Republicans in PA have altered the districts to push as many Democrats in a district so Republicans can win the surrounding districts.
In same divisions in Philadelphia, the population is nearly 100% Democrat & Obama had their support from 97-98%. So really.
Your idea that Democrats stole the identities of Romney voters & these Romney voters didn't care is really dumb, Dumbwaiter.
Republicans are just mad their PA voter photo ID failed for the 2012 election & gerrymandering couldn't help Romney.
Republicans need to cheat to win by alienating millions of voters while Republicans cry about a black man standing outside a polling place.
Wow
Just one example that came up:

“The vote count is 175,554 registered voters 247,713 vote cards cast (141.10%). The National SEAL Museum, a St. Lucie county polling place, had 158.85% voter turn out, the highest in the county.
The Supervisor of Elections, Gertrude Walker, had this to say concerning the 141% voter turnout:'They may have had something like that in Palm Beach County, but we’ve never seen that here.'”

So, it's routine for this to happen in Palm Beach County. It came as a shock to see it happen in St Lucie County.

I'd suggest you actually look into these things before you run your ignorant mouth about something you haven't got a clue about.

How about we look at Philadelphia?
How about we just discount all votes from precincts that have more than 100% turnout?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#957336 Jul 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
white punks rioting!!!
Just when you thought that the surfing crowd was generally a laid back one, a riot broke out in Huntington Beach, Calif., Sunday evening following the close of the Vans U.S. Open of Surfing contest. And there’s video showing the chaos.
It took local law enforcement officials a few hours to put the riot down, according to KTLA-TV.
“The unrest occurred while officers were attempting to disperse crowds following the close of the Vans U.S. Open of Surfing,” the report notes.
Lt. Mitchell O’Brien told KTLA5.com the Huntington Beach Police Department was forced to request backup from other law-enforcement agencies.
“The area was declared an unlawful assembly and police moved in to make arrests,” a Huntington Beach Police Department press release notes.
One witness said the unrest led to property damage, including several overturned portable toilets and damaged police cruisers.
Officers dispersed crowds with pepper spray, the witness said.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/29/se...
the epidemic of white violence must be stopped!!! we can't have white punks rioting in the streets of America!! we need to lock all of them up and throw away the key!!
and btw..... white punks are the leading cause of vandalism in the country. and rape. and assaults. and....well damn, they're the leading cause of every crime!!
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
still waiting for an explanation for the 9 to 1 DUI stat. are all you white folks alcoholics or something??
that is just demostrates just how the White Pseudo Liberals in California along with the Black & Hispanics in California behave & think which the Blacks are no differnet in that Pseudo Liberal Utopia of California which the blacks proved that when the Rodney King verdict was issued.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#957337 Jul 31, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all the corpses in cemeteries across the country that are current registered dumocrats?
Back out onto the lawn, boy.....
Fenris your post reminded me why we need Voter ID! When my dad was a live he voted Republican after he died he vote Democrat!!
LCN Llin

United States

#957339 Jul 31, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't on Fox; did President Obama unlock the gates?
Obama caused World War I (1914 to 1918)

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#957340 Jul 31, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all the corpses in cemeteries across the country that are current registered dumocrats?
Back out onto the lawn, boy.....
There are dead people on both Republican & Democrat voting rools. Show me the statistics on how many voted.
LCN Llin

United States

#957341 Jul 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
with the declining number of white people in this country there will soon come a point where if white men want a wife to abuse they'll have to look at a female of the minority persuasion.
so do you think the tanning bed industry will try to get it's GOP backers to legislate whiteness?
White vote solid for Obama as republicans in disarray.
Republicans led by fat talking head on drugs :-)

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#957342 Jul 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but the warehouses are owned by republicans!
it's like you've never heard of the GOP owned voting machines that somehow gave Bush the 2004 election.
Spam
Nuts
Clueless

Kerry lost the election because he was proved to be a white treasonous fraud.
If he had been a black treasonous fraud, he would have won the election. Case proven in 2008.
LCN Llin

United States

#957343 Jul 31, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he certainly effed up his life! Wonder if he regrets it? Same with Snowden. Assange is still in the Ecuadorian embassy? Snowden is still in the Moscow airport!
What fools
Bush in support of Obama on this!

NSA leaker Edward Snowden damaged the “security of the country,” former President George W. Bush said in an interview.

Bush did not directly say whether he thinks Snowden can be labeled a “traitor” but said he knows the country has been hurt as a result of the leaks.“I think he damaged the security of the country,” Bush said on CNN while visiting Africa, adding that President Barack Obama will deal with the situation.

Bush also defended the surveillance program, which began during his administration after Sept. 11, saying the programs guarantee civil liberties are protected.“I put the program in place to protect the country and one of the certainties is civil liberties were guaranteed,” Bush said. He went on to say there needs to be a balance between security and privacy when protecting the country.“I think there needs to be a balance, and I think as the president explained there’s a proper balance,” he said.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#957344 Jul 31, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fenris your post reminded me why we need Voter ID! When my dad was a live he voted Republican after he died he vote Democrat!!
. I have news. You father only wanted you to think he was dead to get away from your sorry excuse of a son.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#957345 Jul 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
white punks rioting!!!
Just when you thought that the surfing crowd was generally a laid back one, a riot broke out in Huntington Beach, Calif., Sunday evening following the close of the Vans U.S. Open of Surfing contest. And there’s video showing the chaos.
It took local law enforcement officials a few hours to put the riot down, according to KTLA-TV.
“The unrest occurred while officers were attempting to disperse crowds following the close of the Vans U.S. Open of Surfing,” the report notes.
Lt. Mitchell O’Brien told KTLA5.com the Huntington Beach Police Department was forced to request backup from other law-enforcement agencies.
“The area was declared an unlawful assembly and police moved in to make arrests,” a Huntington Beach Police Department press release notes.
One witness said the unrest led to property damage, including several overturned portable toilets and damaged police cruisers.
Officers dispersed crowds with pepper spray, the witness said.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/29/se...
the epidemic of white violence must be stopped!!! we can't have white punks rioting in the streets of America!! we need to lock all of them up and throw away the key!!
and btw..... white punks are the leading cause of vandalism in the country. and rape. and assaults. and....well damn, they're the leading cause of every crime!!
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
still waiting for an explanation for the 9 to 1 DUI stat. are all you white folks alcoholics or something??
This is quite newsworthy. If it was in a black community, it would be..well, Wednesday.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#957346 Jul 31, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doubles down on low-ball Keystone jobs claim despite fact-check criticism
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/30/ob...
Republicans and FoxNews are either stupid or treasonous when they think that the United States should depend on Canada to create new jobs for Americans. Republicans have lost the old American belief in self-reliance.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957347 Jul 31, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is just demostrates just how the White Pseudo Liberals in California along with the Black & Hispanics in California behave & think which the Blacks are no differnet in that Pseudo Liberal Utopia of California which the blacks proved that when the Rodney King verdict was issued.
Video of Violent, Rioting Surfers Shows White Culture of Lawlessness



what is wrong with you people!? you'd think that parents who are overly concerned with abortion would at least make the effort to teach their children, after they are born of course, that their whiteness is not a license to commit acts of civil disobedience!
LCN Llin

United States

#957348 Jul 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Has anyone noticed the post numbers haven't gone any higher in a long time?
Guess there isn't enough for 7 digits.
Good morning everyone.
Good Morning!

Martin Luther King, Jr. evolving political beliefs an interesting subject for research.

Did not see Martin Luther King, Jr.'s children at the 2012 republican convention.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#957349 Jul 31, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have no clue do you?
Except for Spain (a member of the "coalition of the willing") you list nationalist terrorism having nothing to do with the Middle East. Remember, we (me) were talking about interfering with Middle Eastern affairs?
One of the countries I listed was Sweden.

In 2010, a bombing in Stockholm was described as an act of terrorism.

Taimour Abdulwahab al-Abdaly was suspected of the first suicide attack linked to Islamic terrorism in the Nordic countries.

Another country I listed was India.

Since 2010, India has lost 1,120 innocent lives in 60 ‘Islamic’ terrorist attacks. Between January of 2004 and March of 2007, the death toll in India from all terrorist attacks has been 3,674.

Just one more. The Philippines.

Most terrorism in the Philippines is conducted by Islamic terrorist groups. Since January 2000, radical Islamist groups and Islamist separatist forces in the Philippines have carried out over 40 major bombings against civilians and civilian property.

Look it up. If you don't believe me.

Shall I look up the attacks linked to Islamic terrorism in the other countries that were listed?

Again, what did any of these countries do to interfere with Middle Eastern affairs?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957351 Jul 31, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>This is quite newsworthy. If it was in a black community, it would be..well, Wednesday.
so can you steer us to the video of blacks rioting after the Zimmerman verdict?

i thought not.

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#957352 Jul 31, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one example that came up:
“The vote count is 175,554 registered voters 247,713 vote cards cast (141.10%). The National SEAL Museum, a St. Lucie county polling place, had 158.85% voter turn out, the highest in the county.
The Supervisor of Elections, Gertrude Walker, had this to say concerning the 141% voter turnout:'They may have had something like that in Palm Beach County, but we’ve never seen that here.'”
So, it's routine for this to happen in Palm Beach County. It came as a shock to see it happen in St Lucie County.
I'd suggest you actually look into these things before you run your ignorant mouth about something you haven't got a clue about.
How about we look at Philadelphia?
How about we just discount all votes from precincts that have more than 100% turnout?
Your problem here is that you don't know what a
"card" is.

When you find that out, let me know & you wont be such a dumbass.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#957353 Jul 31, 2013
U.S. Open of Surfing Turns Into Riot

Burt Etheredge, a store employee of the HB Easyrider Shop, the store that was looted, had this to say to NBC Los Angeles:

“We were all huddled inside the building and we had the lights off because all the people were up here mobbing around, and I was inside and I saw them tearing down the stop sign,” he said.“As soon as that stop sign came down, I knew that stop sign was coming through the window. And sure enough, two seconds later, it did.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07...

OMG looting! bikes no less!

only white people would loot bikes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Pookie Bear 190,103
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min litesong 53,483
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,006
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,247
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ratloder 70,034
Ask Amy 5-27-15 14 hr RACE 15
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 hr RACE 1,389
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]