Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#956861 Jul 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>You are so obviously confused it's difficult to respond sometimes.
"Uncle Tom" is a derogatory term used only by black liberals to describe black conservatives or any black person they deem a traitor to keep the race issue alive and well by blaming whites.
black liberals?

you do know why most black folks are liberals, don't you?

So why don’t blacks vote Republican? The answer is simple. Black people are not crazy. Being not crazy, they understand a simple truth about conservatives: They have never stood with, or up for, black people. Never.

Forget modern controversies like mass incarceration. Social conservatives, then based largely in the Democratic Party of the early to mid 20th century, opposed the Voting Rights Act. They opposed the Civil Rights Act. They opposed school integration. They opposed the Montgomery Bus Boycott. They opposed a law to crack down on lynching.

These are the people for whom African Americans are now supposed to vote? To make the argument is to betray a stunning contempt for the intelligence — and memory — of black voters.

In talking about race, conservatives have all the moral authority of a pimp talking about women’s rights. Granted,“their” blacks might disagree.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/05/2487580...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#956863 Jul 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You and LCN should look up the interview with Harris Zafar, the national spokesperson for Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA. He said the greater majority of Islamists who agree with violence "those countries have high illiteracy rates and economies that were extremely low."
Take it up with the national spokesman for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
And you should look up the bio's of the 911 hijackers.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#956864 Jul 30, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>WITH ALL THE SUCCESSFUL MINSTRELS in the BLACK COMMUNITy why are AMERICAN IDOLS contestants speaking about racism get your own why dont you if a AUDIENCE doesnt want to see you BRAND OF JIG A BOO MINSTREL SHOW MAKE YOUR OWn YOU HAVE QUEEN JAY Z AND KING BEYONCE THEY SHOULD BE TAKING CARE OF YOU ALSO START YOUR OWN FOX NEWS AND YOUR OWN CNN SO YOU CAN CONTROL CONTENT and your image SO YOU CAN BLACKWASH your STORIES no DON LEMON NEEDED,THEY TALK OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF THEIR MOUTH FOX DONT OWE BLACKS NOTHING BOYCOTT DISNEY HOW IS THAT WORKING OUT LOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHAHAh you are not INDIEPENDENT you are DEPENDENT ON YOU KNOW WHO lolololhahahaha OBAMA B.E.T COULD HIRE BLACK CONS. lolololhahahaha
caps all the time??

so you're like the wimp who found the internet and became a big man? sure looks like your trying to compensate.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#956865 Jul 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's true___you're full of shit.
If you would simply think your way through the whys, you wouldn't post so must nonsense.
If he does, it's simply to avoid taxes.

"Wealthy people take out life insurance in order to reduce estate taxes because when you die, your life insurance payout doesn't count as part of your estate."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#956867 Jul 30, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why Sarah Palin placed gun site targets on the campaign poster faces of her political opponents like Gaby Giffords because Palin respected her 'right to disagree'?
Where the fck do you get Sarah Palin from Carol's post?

If they bring a knife, we bring a gun.

Punish our enimies.

Ring a bell you fckn emoron.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#956868 Jul 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
black liberals?
So why don’t blacks vote Republican? The answer is simple. Black people are not crazy. Being not crazy, they understand a simple truth about conservatives: They have never stood with, or up for, black people. Never.
Forget modern controversies like mass incarceration. Social conservatives, then based largely in the Democratic Party of the early to mid 20th century, opposed the Voting Rights Act. They opposed the Civil Rights Act. They opposed school integration. They opposed the Montgomery Bus Boycott. They opposed a law to crack down on lynching.
These are the people for whom African Americans are now supposed to vote? To make the argument is to betray a stunning contempt for the intelligence — and memory — of black voters.
In talking about race, conservatives have all the moral authority of a pimp talking about women’s rights. Granted,“their” blacks might disagree.
THIS fool is RACISTS lololololololhahahahahahahahah ahalolololololCLOWN hahahaha OBAMA AINT DOING NOTHING ABOUT MASS OF PEOPLE BEING PUT IN PRISON BECAUSE THE COMPANIES THAT OWN THE YES OWN AND RUNS THE PRISONS DONATED HEAVY TO OBAMA OK MONEY TALKS

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#956869 Jul 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your so-called "tax relief" was nothing more than subsidies to non-viable industries.
http://www.propublica.org/special/stimulus-pl...

250 billion for individuals

Galt is proven to be wrong yet again.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#956871 Jul 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
caps all the time??
so you're like the wimp who found the internet and became a big man? sure looks like your trying to compensate.
MY EYES ARE BAD FROM BEING A FORMER LIBERAL I used to take in the rear and it made me squint a lot so i need to keep my font in caps so I CAN SEE BETTER OH I FORGOT F U MF A0 feel better now

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#956872 Jul 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Actually he did have four more; however, the question rose from an assertion that Obama had reached dictator level with his excessively high number of executive orders. "Mr. Obama has averaged 37 executive orders p.a., which is below the long-term average of 44 p.a., and lower also than the rate of five GOP presidents – including Gerald Ford (84 p.a.), Dwight Eisenhower (60 p.a.), Richard Nixon (58 p.a.), Ronald Reagan (48 p.a.), and George H.W. Bush (41 p.a.)." (Forbes, 2013) You have a right to your opinion, but you don't have the right to make up facts.
Leosanus endorses lies. Nothing new here, move along.
LCN Llin

United States

#956873 Jul 30, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why Sarah Palin placed gun site targets on the campaign poster faces of her political opponents like Gaby Giffords because Palin respected her 'right to disagree'?

Palin tried to talk her way out of this.

Palin may have been the deciding factor in President Obama's victory in 2008

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#956874 Jul 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
What "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" Can Teach Us About Don Lemon's Suggestion That Black People Should Pull Up Their Pants and Pick Up Litter
To much condemnation by "Black Twitter" and other social media, CNN's Don Lemon said that black people could improve their lot in life by following his suggestions and guidelines about their personal comportment and behavior.
Given that the context and prompt for his advice was the murder of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman, Lemon's suggestions are especially noxious.
As an African-American, Lemon is recycling the politics of "black respectability", what is a very old tradition in black life and social thought. He is dead center in the centuries-long tradition of black political thought.
But, he has no appreciation for its nuances.
Lemon's argument, that black folks should pick up litter, pull up their pants, and stop making babies everywhere out of wedlock, reveals a piss poor understanding of the relationship between life chances, institutional racism, political economy, and race in post civil rights America. Lemon is also factually challenged.
Not all of us are properly trained social scientists. That does not render one mute in speaking about issues of American politics, society, and public/private life.
But, given his national and high-profile position, I would expect a bit more from Don Lemon. Maybe he should read a few books and articles by serious people such as William Julius Wilson, Sudhir Venkatesh, Cathy Cohen, Mary Patillo, John Jackson, Joseph Stiglitz, Michelle Alexander, Elijah Anderson, Mario Small, and others before offering up his half-processed folksy wisdom from the barbershop tailor made for public (white) consumption about black poverty, race, and upward mobility? I dare to dream.
Alas, Don Lemon is part of a long tradition of public scolding by African-Americans against "deviants" in their own community, one which recycles white racism under the guise of "black tough love". History suggests that Don Lemon has much good company in this very profitable public performance: a book is no doubt forthcoming; there will be a speaking tour too.
Don Lemon proudly proclaimed that he is going to be an Uncle Tom. Who am I to interfere with a man's dreams?
http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2013/07/what-it...
The truth always makes a black racist's skin crawl.

We're not surprised.

The Hoodieman's across America need more George Zimmermans.

But more Michael Jordans would suffice.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#956875 Jul 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
They carry billions in term life, just not on themselves
"“Berkshire purchases life insurance policies from individuals and corporations who would otherwise surrender them for cash. As the new holder of the policies, we pay any premiums that become due and ultimately – when the original holder dies – collect the face value of the policies. The original policyholder is usually in good health when we purchase the policy. Still, the price we pay for it is always well above its cash surrender value.”
— Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway 2004 Annual Report"
Dumbass dave is an idiot.
Bill Gate's has a ton of "whole life" LMAO, you can google this stuff__you and Galt are like dumb and dumber.

Speaking of Dumb & Dumber, the sequel is due out soon.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#956876 Jul 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
caps all the time??
Silly sonic, that's not nuculur.

Hustontown, PA

#956880 Jul 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
black liberals?
Not counting that nearly every state that is run by Republicans are trying to take away their right to vote.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#956881 Jul 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hold your breath. LCN pretends to be smart by asking what books you've read.
He's probably scouring the Internet looking for a title of a book about the Cold War to tell you he's read it at least two or three times.
And then acts all superior and everything.
I know from experience.
Yeah. He tried that last time. He's an ignorant dupe.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#956882 Jul 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does, it's simply to avoid taxes.
"Wealthy people take out life insurance in order to reduce estate taxes because when you die, your life insurance payout doesn't count as part of your estate."
Stoooopid.

Do you think a wealthy person might take out term life as a way to cover/offset a liability? Do you think that an investor might require such an arrangement?

Thinking comes hard for fks like you doesn't it?

Hustontown, PA

#956883 Jul 30, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Palin tried to talk her way out of this.
Palin may have been the deciding factor in President Obama's victory in 2008
McCain sealed his defeat with the pick of Pain just as Romney did when he picked Ryan.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#956884 Jul 30, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
University of Central Florida is located in your town and offers course for free to those over 60...so when you hit sixty in 15 years you may take advantage
Aren't you late for class? You were going to teach history. Remember?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#956885 Jul 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bill Gate's has a ton of "whole life" LMAO, you can google this stuff__you and Galt are like dumb and dumber.
Speaking of Dumb & Dumber, the sequel is due out soon.
"Bill Gates owns a ton of permanent Life insurance as well as Donald Trump."

Lol...so, instead of parroting what you read, why don't you tell us exactly how much whole life insursnce he has.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#956886 Jul 30, 2013
Nanny Bloomberg Ban struck down:‘Appeals court rules against NYC soda ban’ puts a smile on my face!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 25 min andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 34 min andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 47 min andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 2 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE