Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417173 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

#956898 Jul 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Care to back your bullshit up? Tell us the history of SPEs being used to get fraudulent ratings applied to real estate traunches.
You haven't told us what a Special Purpose Vehicle is yet, dumbass.
Tell us what it is.
Evidently you don't know. Why don't you study up & come back when you know what one is.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#956899 Jul 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything of the kind. Go back to sleep. Or drink some more coffee before posting again.
Liar.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#956900 Jul 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not counting that nearly every state that is run by Republicans are trying to take away their right to vote.
and since no one can prove voter fraud.....or one of the other myriad of excuses they try to use.

Location hidden

#956901 Jul 30, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
DB need to open a book or take a post high school class in history?
Maybe he should start by repeating Middle School, if that works out ok we can consider High School.

Location hidden

#956903 Jul 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that has been my criticism of liberals - a lack of perspective - for the past few years now.
Come up with your own material.
Remember when people used to say, "I may disagree with what you say but I will fight till the death to defend your right to say it"?
Liberals now say, "If I disagree with what you say, I will assassinate your character, call you a racist and act like I'm superior because you haven't evolved to my level of elitism."
That's you.
Liar.
LCN Llin

United States

#956904 Jul 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you don't know. Why don't you study up & come back when you know what one is.
May take months...
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#956905 Jul 30, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Bradley Manning acquitted of aiding the enemy for giving secrets to WikiLeaks
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57596093/...
the part you had to leave out....

Bradley Manning Convicted Of Espionage

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/bradley-man...

Location hidden

#956906 Jul 30, 2013
Manning acquitted on aiding the enemy charge. For those of you who don't realize the implications of this verdict stay tuned.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#956907 Jul 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain sealed his defeat when he became an obvious liberal.
Constitutionalists never liked him.
Social conservatives never liked him.
He was doomed to lose from the beginning. Everyone knew that. Palin drew more people out than otherwise would have been. Nobody wanted him. How he got the nomination is still a mystery.
lol! Then he shouldn't have gotten the nomination, son!

McCain lost because he catered to the people who were already going to vote for him. Picking Palin simply solidified that point.

It also turned off those who were undecided... especially when the comical antics of her handlers to keep her under control was a 30 hour a day job!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#956908 Jul 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> We went into Afghanistan to get Bin Laden & then Bush declared him irrelevant, abandoning the effort.
We went into Afghanistan to take over the country because that's where the attack came from, dumbass.
Mission Accomplished.
Now, Obama is giving it back to the Taliban.

By the way, you never gave us any reason why we need to talk to the Taliban, anyway. If Obama wants to surrender and leave, justp pack up and go. We could be completely out of Afghanistan in less than a month. Why are we staying longer?
... unless it's to sabotage the Karzai government and put the Taliban back in control of the Afghan government.

Why are there engaging in talks with the Taliban? Karzai don't want it. The Taliban attacked us on 9/11(2001). They're not surrendering to the Armed Forces of the United States.
Why are we even talking with them?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#956909 Jul 30, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
May take months...
Aren't you late for class? You were going to teach us some history. Remember?

Don't make me pull my belt off and wear your ass out.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#956910 Jul 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bill Gates owns a ton of permanent Life insurance as well as Donald Trump."
Lol...so, instead of parroting what you read, why don't you tell us exactly how much whole life insursnce he has.
GFY dummy, it's well known that sports figures, captains of industry and entertainment figures purchase life insurance or negotiate for it in their contracts/accept it in a compensation package.

Point is that damn near every wealthy person has life insurance in spite of what Galt say's and your stupid azz echos.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#956911 Jul 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Then he shouldn't have gotten the nomination, son!
McCain lost because he catered to the people who were already going to vote for him. Picking Palin simply solidified that point.
It also turned off those who were undecided... especially when the comical antics of her handlers to keep her under control was a 30 hour a day job!
Like Biden, right?
Do you listen to yourself?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#956912 Jul 30, 2013
What a mess! Lol

"Under a wrinkle that dates back to enactment of the law, members of Congress and thousands of their aides are required to get their coverage through new state-based markets known as insurance exchanges.But the law does not provide any obvious way for the federal government to continue paying its share of the premiums for the comprehensive coverage.If the government cannot do so, it could mean an additional expense of $5,000 a year for individuals and $11,000 for families under some of the most popular plans.Not surprisingly, that idea is unpopular on Capitol Hill.“It’s a very serious concern,” said Representative Billy Long, a Missouri Republican who said staff members were “freaked out” at the prospect of paying the full cost of insurance out of their own pockets.“They’re thinking about leaving government service,” "
WOW

New York, NY

#956913 Jul 30, 2013
OBAMA WANTS THE BEST TO TAKE OVER NATIONAL CITIZEN PROFILING lolololhahahah
Assassins Creed

Spring, TX

#956915 Jul 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
I want a Big Gulp.
No. You can't decide for yourself how much soda you can drink.
I want a beer.
No. You're not old enough to be responsible when you drink alcohol.
I want a gun.
No. You are not responsible enough to have a gun.
I want to choose the most powerful person in the world.
Ok.
This does sound like a joke, doesn't it?
Sarah Palin looked like an imbecile with her Big Gulp soda float. Can we agree she is one big reason McCain didn't have a chance? If something happened to him, the country would be run by a soccer mom who didn't know basic geography or even who world leaders were.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#956916 Jul 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Teach us something, dupe. Tell us what a Special Purpose Vehicle is.
Tell us the history of SPVs being used to get fraudulent ratings applied to real estate traunches.
You haven't told us what a Special Purpose Vehicle is yet, dumbass.
Tell us what it is.

Or, you can go back through my posts to read a very clear description of what they are, and how they were used to get fraudulent ratings applied to the real estate traunches comprised of worthless CRA mortgages.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

#956917 Jul 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Dave hits a new low in studipity considering that baby boomers range in age from 47 to 67.
Boomers born between 1946 & 1964. In 25 years, that would be 74 to 92. Average life expectancy for a boomer is 83. Half would be dead in 25 years.

Galt proved wrong yet again.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#956918 Jul 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Actually he did have four more; however, the question rose from an assertion that Obama had reached dictator level with his excessively high number of executive orders. "Mr. Obama has averaged 37 executive orders p.a., which is below the long-term average of 44 p.a., and lower also than the rate of five GOP presidents – including Gerald Ford (84 p.a.), Dwight Eisenhower (60 p.a.), Richard Nixon (58 p.a.), Ronald Reagan (48 p.a.), and George H.W. Bush (41 p.a.)." (Forbes, 2013) You have a right to your opinion, but you don't have the right to make up facts.
What were they for?
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#956920 Jul 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha; putting on airs are we injun joe?
I've had Glenn Livett; its either for the pretentious, or hard-core drunks that swill the bottle and then eat half an onion to hide the smell from their employer....
one shot a week. neat. ice water on the side.

and i'm the pretentious employer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 222,242
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Hillarys devil 60,992
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,404
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 1,924
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 6,684
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 3,017
News Former Mayor Daley responds to question about C... 5 hr grounded in reality 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 103,417

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages