Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#956191 Jul 29, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh, a non-Republican using "RINO", I retract my apology, you are a party hack.
Not so fast.
I like a lot about what Republicans are doing. I recognize frauds, too. It's obvious there are people like McCain that are Democrats, but pretend to be Republican.
I've also used the acronym DINO, but Democrats have done a lot better job as indoctrinating their horde and eliminating any independent thought.
Leiberman was a DINO.
I called Moynihan a DINO when he said Bill Clinton was an idiot.
I can't think of any other Democrat that thought for themselves and went against the party line.
And, I've never, ever been a Democrat. I was a Republican until 1992.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#956192 Jul 29, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Hey goof, American median income has been stagnant for the last 30 years while CEO and upper social class of Americans (the small 1% owners of capital) have seen their average median income rise by 800 times .
Jean from Queens is full of shit as usual.

The average annual income of the top 1% of the American population is $717,000 per year. Using your "800 times" factor means those same folks would have earned $896.25 in 1983. Absolute BS.

(Qualifier: Bocajew Jean uses the term "average median" which is meaningless. Galt assumed Jean intended average and does not understand median. The results would be similar.)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneywisewomen/20...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#956193 Jul 29, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Investors are inflating the stock market. Regardless of underlying effectors real investors have to be willing to invest real money for it to go up and its been doing it since his second month in office.
If y'all missed the boat too fckn bad you let your emotions make your decisions.
That could be a headline in 2007, if you recall.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#956194 Jul 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit now has a population the size of El Paso, TX and needs to restructure to that model.
Detroit's budget is $1.1 billion.
El Paso's budet is $756 million.
Sounds like a 30% budget cut for starters.
Nonsense! Detroit is a rich city. Bloomfield Hills and Birmingham , 2 Detroit suburban enclaves , are some of the most affluent communities in America . And these Detroit towns got rich on the hard working , strong back of the inner city Detroit auto workers, tradesmen, journeymen craftsmen, and general factory laborers. Now the wealthy want to break all their promises to the peoiple who made them rich and powerful in the first place.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#956195 Jul 29, 2013
BLACKS HAD SLOWLY BEEN DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE DEMOCRATS democrats knew they had to take drastic action so in came the fraud so they could maintain power with things to come obama was a ringer and it worked obamas blackness is only symbolic no change and we always had hope obama was not needed for hope it was HOPE AND ACTION FROM THE PREVIOUS GENERATIONS OF BLACKS WHO DID NOT HAVE LIBERALS RUNNING THEIR LIVES THAT MADE A BLACK PRESIDENT POSSIBLE ITS A SHAME WE GOT BAM BOOZLED BY BAMA

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#956197 Jul 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Directly thereatened... directly involved... small difference.
There was no "domino theory" when the United States became involved in Vietnam. The policy being executed was called "containment".
However, the "domino theory" seemed to be proved when the communists swept through the remaining parts of Laos and Cambodia after the Democrat-controlled Congress of 1973 sabotaged South Vietnam and the United States, wouldn't you say? Laos and Cambodia fell immediately, didn't they? Malaysia stayed afloat only because Thialand was viable enough to resist the communist wave that swept Laos and Cambodia away, and Singapore was not going anywhere or bowing to anyone.
Or, were you ignorant that Laos and Cambodia were overtaken by the communists after the Democrat-controlled congress sabotaged South Vietnam?
So, you just repeated one lie the Democrats invented, and in your very first post.
Or, explain to us how the fact of history that Cambodia and Laos fell immediately after Vietnam didn't really happen.
And, you did dodge. We were discussing how the United States became involved in Vietnam, and you ignored that part of the discussion and jumped way down the road to after the point in time where US ground combat units had already arrived in Vietnam.
I knew you'd repeat one of the lies the Democrats invented. However, I really thought you'd last past the first goddam post.
I'm not discussing it, you're talking it at me.

Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Cuba, Angola, Albania, N. Korea, and Nicaragua does not constitute a worldwide spread of communism. How many of those are still communist?

That's why the theory has been discredited.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#956198 Jul 29, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"peoples grammer"??? Well, "peoples" like you could be one reason. Beyonce has completed her GED, I believe, and your concept of white sharecroppers, aka Crackers or Rednecks, says a lot about why those poor folks went to fight in a rich man's war and still cling to their Confederate flags and racism.
THATS RIGHT *RACKER SHOW THOSE STARS AND BARS *ITCH FU yea TEACH YOUR CHILDREN EBONICS FU OAR where is ebonics what a waist of tyme

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#956199 Jul 29, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
He posted this:
"dem wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality of Obamacare will hit when your daughter needs surgery and her bank account reads zero."
You replied with this:
"No one is turned away from medical treatment even if they have no insurance and no money."
Why the fck do you think health care is SO expensive?
Why do you idiots think people without medical insurance can't pay their medical bills?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#956200 Jul 29, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Investors are inflating the stock market. Regardless of underlying effectors real investors have to be willing to invest real money for it to go up and its been doing it since his second month in office.
If y'all missed the boat too fckn bad you let your emotions make your decisions.
So, you think the Fed pumping has nothing to do with it?

Sure, investors will pour in money as long as the Fed is priming, but will pull out just as quickly when the priming stops.

Corporate profits are decent, not great, often on declining revenues, not sustainable for long.

Location hidden

#956201 Jul 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not jump so far ahead. The events and decisions which led to the US becoming involved in Vietnam are very interesting.
I'd be interested in where you would cease involvement in the Cold War. After all, Ho chi Minh and the Soviet Union made the decision to involve Vietnam in the Cold War. South Vietnam asked for our help.
Should our policy have been run away everywhere he communists show up instead of containment?
Where would be have run away from next?
How long do you think it would have been before we had run away from everywhere and the communists had secured all of our allies and on our immediate border? After all, that was their end game. That's why they moved the front from Southeast Asia to Central America immediately after Vietnam.
Communism filled some of the post-colonial power vacuums, how'd it work out for the communists in Indonesia? We didn't do a thing to confront the "communist threat" there.

In the end, communism destroyed itself without ever really existing.

Location hidden

#956202 Jul 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be a headline in 2007, if you recall.
Yes, and if you can't see these things coming you're better off keeping your money in a mattress. Of course there it will deflate to nothing over time.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#956203 Jul 29, 2013
WOW wrote:
THE COUNTRY IS NO BETTER WITH OBAMA AND THE dEMOCRATS WHAT IS HILLARY CLINTON GOING TO DO DIFFERENT really what are you voting for BLACK PEOPLE YOUR VOTE MEANS NOTHING really it means nothing if BLACKS VOTE OR NOT IT MEANS NOTHING IF NOoNE VOTE IT MEANS NOTHING JUST AN EXERCISE in nothingness what have changed since NIXON NOTHING THE SAME SCANDALS NIXON HAD WATERGATE OBAMA HAS AMERICAGATE NOW THE POLITICIANS ARE ALL IN BED TOGETHER THE VOTER HAS NO CHANCE BLACKS CANNOT ADMIT THEY ARE AT THE MERCY OF lolololol OBAMA WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE WITH OUT lolololol he sure would be able to be PRESIDENT IF NOT FOR lolololololol BLACKS lolololololololol FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT lololololololol WELL YOU ALL MUST BE KENYAN NO BLACK AMERICAN GAVE BIRTH TO OBAMA WHY WASNT HIS FATHER A BLACK AMERICAN FORMER GI WHY IS IT OBAMAS BLACKNESS IS NOT AMERICAN HE HAS NO BLACK AMERICAN UPBRINGING lolololololhahaha NOTHING FROM BLACKS IN HIS UP BRINGING lolololol REAL NON RACIAL WHEN TOLD BY SUBURBAN LIBERAL DEMOCRATS LIKE TRAINED PETS and then told when to BARK BY THEIR MASTERS lolol FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM
Obama's digging the grave, Hillary will throw in the dirt.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#956204 Jul 29, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"peoples grammer"??? Well, "peoples" like you could be one reason. Beyonce has completed her GED, I believe, and your concept of white sharecroppers, aka Crackers or Rednecks, says a lot about why those poor folks went to fight in a rich man's war and still cling to their Confederate flags and racism.
NASTY OAR *ITCH WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE BLACK WOMAN WHO GRADUATED WITH HER PHD IN COMPUTER SCIENCE THE FIRST IN THE STATE OF michigan it was only in the last few years whats her name *ITCH you know trayvons name what has he done what he is a martyr killed by OBAMAS INACTION ON RACIAL PROFILING the NO NOTHING #44 PRESIDENT THE FRAUD we should vote for HILLARY because she will stop RACIAL PROFILING lolololol these LIBERAL WHITES GOT BLACK PEOPLE AND THE POOR AS FOOLS WE STILL HAVE MORE WORK TO DO WILL BE THE BIG SPEECH lololo and the dummies that gained nothing from OBAMA will VOTE FOR HILLARY BECAUSE lololo

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#956205 Jul 29, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>THATS RIGHT *RACKER SHOW THOSE STARS AND BARS *ITCH FU yea TEACH YOUR CHILDREN EBONICS FU OAR where is ebonics what a waist of tyme
"a waist of tyme"??? WOW = a panty waaist for all time.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#956206 Jul 29, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense! Detroit is a rich city. Bloomfield Hills and Birmingham , 2 Detroit suburban enclaves , are some of the most affluent communities in America . And these Detroit towns got rich on the hard working , strong back of the inner city Detroit auto workers, tradesmen, journeymen craftsmen, and general factory laborers. Now the wealthy want to break all their promises to the peoiple who made them rich and powerful in the first place.
Bloomfield Hills and other suburbs are not part of the city and have no obligation to the city.

Most residents of these towns were driven out of the city, including the workers that you refer to.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#956207 Jul 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Weinerman has nothing to lose, has no real opponent, and is clearly not ashamed of anything, including his penis. Why should he pull out?
I dont think Weiner will pull out hes narcissistic like Obama he never had a real Job if he fails in NY his next opportunity is MSNBC!!
WOW

Bronx, NY

#956208 Jul 29, 2013
MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON TOPIX THAT ARE SOOOOOO PRO OBAMA ARE WHITE and they defend him because he has no BLACK AGENDA never did and whites LOVE him FOR THAT

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#956209 Jul 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>

The average annual income of the top 1% of the American population is $717,000 per year. Using your "800 times" factor means those same folks would have earned $896.25 in 1983. Absolute BS.
(
http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneywisewomen/20...
Accepting Galt figure of 'The average annual income of the top 1% of the American population is $717,000' then compare it to the average American that has remained at $27,000 for the last 30 years. Hmmm... Who got the best of the American deal here?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#956210 Jul 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast.
I like a lot about what Republicans are doing. I recognize frauds, too. It's obvious there are people like McCain that are Democrats, but pretend to be Republican.
I've also used the acronym DINO, but Democrats have done a lot better job as indoctrinating their horde and eliminating any independent thought.
Leiberman was a DINO.
I called Moynihan a DINO when he said Bill Clinton was an idiot.
I can't think of any other Democrat that thought for themselves and went against the party line.
And, I've never, ever been a Democrat. I was a Republican until 1992.
Have you ever voted for someone that won an election? You're just a whiny harmless fool barking in the wind.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#956211 Jul 29, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think Weiner will pull out hes narcissistic like Obama he never had a real Job if he fails in NY his next opportunity is MSNBC!!
Good point!

Weinerman could easily draw better ratings than any of the limp losers they have at present, shafting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Guru 182,119
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 49,334
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 3 hr Reddog 6
delhi female 6 hr yatharth 1
Fight at Navy Pier 6 hr joey 1
abby 12-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago