Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
877,741 - 877,760 of 1,079,689 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
Good News
A New Defense of Voting Rights
By THE EDITORIAL BOARD
On Thursday, Attorney General Eric Holder Jr. took an important step toward repairing the damage from last month’s Supreme Court ruling striking down a central element of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. He is right to adopt an aggressive approach to defending the most fundamental right in our democracy.
In a federal lawsuit first brought by black and Hispanic voters against Texas over its redistricting maps, the Justice Department relied on a rarely used provision of the act, Section 3, to ask a federal court to require Texas to get permission before making any voting changes in the state.
Section 3 requires specific findings on specific issues by a federal court and cannot be used as a blanket requirement against all changes by a state.

Holder will get bitch-slapped on this issue.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked you so much better when you were sitting naked and cross-legged thumbs on middle fingers, although a lemon yellow vagina is not unbecoming...
Put a sock in it, fairyboy.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizen legislators were what the Founding Fathers envisioned, not professional politicians who never worked an honest day in their lives.
People like Obama and Biden, who have never worked a day in their lives.
We need real men on Capitol Hill, not sneaky, lying, subversive twits like the ones occupying it now.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party fight democracy
The same day, last month, that the Supreme Court struck down a key section of the Voting Rights Act, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott declared that Texas laws that had been stopped by the Act—because courts found them to be discriminatory—would immediately go into effect. On Friday, Attorney General Eric Holder struck back.
In the color-blind wish-world of Chief Justice Roberts and his four conservative colleagues on the Supreme Court, Jim Crow-era restrictions on minority voting represent a sad, historical curiosity, unrelated to modern reality. Surveying the landscape from their marble aerie, these five Justices decided in Shelby County v. Holder that requiring the pre-clearance of election-law changes in certain jurisdictions, a provision of Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act, was now unconstitutional. Congress had passed the Act in 1965 in response to the broad denial of the right to vote; as recently as 2006, an overwhelming majority of Congress found that it was still necessary. The Court simply disagreed:“Nearly 50 years later, things have changed dramatically.”
Which Texas voting laws does Patrick consider discriminatory?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
trayvon undoubtedly would have benefited from military service. One big problem as a high school drop out, trayvon, would never be able to join the military.
Peace
Minorities get all kinds of other preferences and exceptions, why not that?

In fact, the military is practicing racial discrimination by requiring high school graduation.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
He really should have addressed his questions to the Republican controlled Congress. After all, that is what they are supposed to do...legislate. No body by con is buying this "blame Obama" crapolla.
The House tried to legislate common sense cuts to eliminate the waste and duplication in government spending but it takes two to tango in Congress. The Democratic Senate wouldn't hear of it.

The Democratic Senate wouldn't pass Obama's massive spending proposed budgets either.

They much prefer sitting on the fence. They don't make waves that way and upset their base. It might cost them votes.

You're being fed a line of bull.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 19 progressive groups compared to 292 conservative groups. The former didn't have near the same level of scrutiny or length of delays.
Pretty big discrepancy. Many of those conservative groups had small memberships and only wanted to participate in the political process.
Doesn't occur to you that more teabagger organizations tried to game the system?

What happened to Ms. "Waste, Fraud, and Abuse"???

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The government doesn't create jobs. It encourages hiring by getting out of the way or becomes an obstruction by not doing so and passing legislation like Obamacare.
Have a good weekend?
I had an excellent weekend, you?

How many jobs weren't created to build Hoover Dam?

How many jobs aren't created building Stinger Missiles?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Section 3 requires specific findings on specific issues by a federal court and cannot be used as a blanket requirement against all changes by a state.
Holder will get bitch-slapped on this issue.
Nah, he's an appointee of a man who should, by law, have been sent to jail instead of the White House.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/...

Holder makes it quite clear that he thinks he is above the law as long as he has Obama's back. That's a cherry deal if I ever saw one.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Minorities get all kinds of other preferences and exceptions, why not that?
In fact, the military is practicing racial discrimination by requiring high school graduation.
lol

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem properly unhappy.
the Pseudo Liberal Democrats are the unhappy ones and cry about it all the time and the reason is because the Pseudo Liberal Democrats know that it takes work to create wealth which is why the Peudo Liberals have always gone after anyone who has wealth or created their own wealth and has worked for it and look for any means possible to confiscate & redistribute someone elses wealth through any means possible and is the real reason why Pseudo Liberal Democrats are unhappy with themselves because they know that it takes work to create wealth something the majority want nothing to do with.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't occur to you that more teabagger organizations tried to game the system?
What happened to Ms. "Waste, Fraud, and Abuse"???
Game the system? Is that what progressive groups have been doing all this time?

How is a lawful tax exemption to participate in the political process waste, fraud and abuse?

Is that what liberal groups have also been doing?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good weekend, thanks.

How many jobs aren't being created by Obama refusing to build the pipeline? It would be great if he actually created jobs that would benefit all of us and the country.

But remember those shovel ready jobs he promised? And remember how that ended up being a private joke between him and Emmelt when Obama admitted they never really existed?

Obama wants more government workers than private sector workers. So either he thinks the money for all those salaries and benefits grows on trees or it's by design since, obviously, there isn't going to be enough money from taxpayers in the private sector when everyone is working part-time jobs and that, of course, is where the money actually comes from.

Take your pick. I choose the latter.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
I can just picture the pudgy Moochele with her jowls stuffed with lobster and the finest Beluga caviar, butter running down her triple chin. LMAO
As I recall, there WAS lobster on the menu that night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

...and Moochelle couldn't wait for one bite to go down before wolfing down another. She looked like a pitbull at a free all-you-can-eat trough. Funny how she's not ashamed to be an American when she's eating at the taxpayers' expense, isn't it. I suspect she doesn't know the true meaning of shame after watching that video. ;)
The people sitting next to her certainly look embarrassed and are probably thinking they're grateful she's not a relative. I would be.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Game the system? Is that what progressive groups have been doing all this time?
How is a lawful tax exemption to participate in the political process waste, fraud and abuse?
Is that what liberal groups have also been doing?
Liberals are more impressed by the intricacies of a scandal and the ensuing cover-up than any legal or ethical misconduct.
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No one works for the government?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Tits Magee wrote:
I am the Devil. I will take whatever I wish from you and you will have no say in the matter. Just watch.
I always thought that Sleeping With The Enemy should have been titled Sleeping With The Devil, so show me what ya got, loser.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
No one works for the government?
Many are on the payroll, but few actually work.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me , is it true that all French males over the age of 18 are required to have a white flag ready to go at a moments notice?
...snickering....

They prolly have a wide variety of embroidered and frilled hankies in their back pockets...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_cod... ;

...depending on who they are submitting to, the wussies.

xD

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hows your psuedofolicilitus, buckwheat?
xD

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search