Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#955696 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not on the res. i'm in the middle of tea party hell.
You are in the middle of a checkerboard and enjoying being used by Poverty Pimps and Magic Negros..
LCN Llin

United States

#955697 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've never watched it. ever. i don't even have cable or a sat dish.
all i have to do is keep an eye on carol to see what lies FOX told on any given day. then it's simply a matter of hitting one of dozen sites that do FOX take-downs to find the truth.
though i could probably just hit any MSM news site to find the truth.
not on fx
Some Republicans, like Bob Goodlatte, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, have spoken out recently in favor of Section 3 as a method of protecting voting rights after Shelby. But Republican support for any amendment is uncertain at best, and some party members have vowed to oppose any fixes to the Voting Rights Act in light of the Justice Department’s filing.

Texas remains a hothouse of voter discrimination, where laws of dubious legality seem to sprout every day. The Justice Department’s brief cited four instances in the last three years alone in which local jurisdictions failed to show that proposed voting changes did not have a discriminatory purpose. That’s not including either the redistricting case or a separate suit filed over Texas’s new voter ID law, which will also be put on hold if the Section 3 request is successful.

Gov. Rick Perry has complained that the Justice Department’s action was an “end run” around the Supreme Court and cast “unfair aspersions” on his state. He should be more concerned with reversing Texas’s long run of discriminatory voting laws.

Lapeer, MI

#955698 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Inside Groundswell: Read the Memos of the New Right-Wing Strategy Group Planning a "30 Front War"
Notes from a February 28 Groundswell gathering reflected both their collective sense of pessimism and desire for aggressive tactics: "We are failing the propaganda battle with minorities. Terms like,'GOP,''Tea Party,''Conservative' communicate 'racism.'"
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/07/g...
ouch!
Mother Jones is the Hog Trough where Liberals get their daily Swill.

Why do you keep returning to it day after day? Habit?

Try Pravda or the Beijing Peoples Daily once in awhile.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955699 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News Continues To Push The Lie That Only Conservatives Were Targeted By The IRS
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/28/fox-ne...
If the IRS is "targeting" any group, then we have a huge problem.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#955700 Jul 28, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
CBS News/ July 18, 2013, 2:01 PM
Liberal groups may have been targeted by IRS as well
New documents provided to the Treasury Department's inspector general indicate that progressive groups, in addition to conservative groups, may have been targeted by the IRS for additional scrutiny, according to testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee by J. Russell George, the inspector general. The revelation bolsters the case of congressional Democrats who have argued that IRS targeting was not politically motivated, and that the groups targeted were more ideologically diverse than originally believed.
In his prepared testimony, George described documents from July 2010 that included the term "progressive" within a discussion of the types of groups that should be scrutinized by the IRS. Those documents were provided to George's office on July 9, but were not provided prior to the inspector general's original audit that initially jump-started the targeting scandal and the resultant committee hearings.
FOX won't even mention that.

so all we're doing is riling up the FOX zombies by pointing out something they haven't heard on FOX.

they hate that stuff.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955701 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've never watched it. ever. i don't even have cable or a sat dish.
all i have to do is keep an eye on carol to see what lies FOX told on any given day. then it's simply a matter of hitting one of dozen sites that do FOX take-downs to find the truth.
though i could probably just hit any MSM news site to find the truth.
Absolutely.

Those sites are guaranteed to accurately report what happens on Fox.

What a f*cking idiot you are!

Lapeer, MI

#955702 Jul 28, 2013
WERE IS NAACP OBAMA wrote:
http://homicides.redeyechicago .com/
Now do you see the Dog and Pony show the Black Leaders
are putting on??????????
These people have love ones too that have got Killed too,God Bless their Love Ones.
Isn't Chicago famous for its Animal Stockyards Slaughterhouses?

How ironic in this day and age of black politics, eh?

Lapeer, MI

#955704 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just curious...how many white kids died this week from picking up dad's gun and 'playing' with it?
no doubt dad is another wuss who's scared of black people, so....he bought a handgun so his kids would feel 'safe'.
You are no more curious than a lawn ornament.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#955705 Jul 28, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in the middle of a checkerboard and enjoying being used by Poverty Pimps and Magic Negros..
Poverty Pimps? like red states who take more from the government than they pay in in taxes?

Magic Negroes?'black conservatives' who call into right wing radio shows??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955706 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Is anyone concerned this nation is going the way of Detroit? How concerned should we be?
Not much, unless we are forced to bail out the greedy pigs.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955708 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Is anyone concerned this nation is going the way of Detroit? How concerned should we be?
Find the cities with the highest percentage of minority population and you will find the candidates.

Detroit tops the list.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955709 Jul 28, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
So not only did Barack Huessein O'bama leave Americans to die, but then his administration did nothing to send medical care in immediately to help those who were wounded. Again, this is a clear dereliction of duty on Obama, Clinton, and Panetta’s part.
But we all know how Hillary felt. WHAT difference does it make?
Did you expect anything else?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955713 Jul 28, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
George Will Schools Katrina Vanden Heuvel and Steve Rattner on Detroit's Collapse
ABC This Week viewers on Sunday were treated to a classic socio-economic debate between liberals and a lone conservative.
With the issue at hand being Detroit's announced bankruptcy and whether the federal government should bail it out, the liberal view was championed by the Nation's Katrina Vanden Heuvel and MSNBC's Steve Rattner. On the right was George Will who clearly won the scrum despite being tag-teamed :
GEORGE WILL: Can't solve the problems, because their problems are cultural. You have a city, 139 square miles, you can graze cattle in vast portions of it, dangerous herds of feral dogs roam in there. 3 percent of fourth graders reading at the national math standards, 47 percent of Detroit residents are functionally illiterate, 79 percent of Detroit children are born to unmarried mothers. They don't have a fiscal problem, Steve, they have a cultural collapse.
KRISTINA VANDEN HEUVEL, THE NATION: I find that really insulting to the people of Detroit. I think there is a serious discussion about the future of cities in a time of deindustrialization. But in many ways, Detroit has been a victim of market forces, and I think that what Steve said is so critical, that retirees and workers should not bear this. And this story should not be hijacked as one of about greedy, fiscal, public unions.
WILL: But Steve said he...
VANDEN HEUVEL: And fiscally responsibility.
Don't fret, conservatives. Will was up to the tag team:
WILL: But Steve said in his op-ed was the people of Detroit are no more to blame than the victims of Hurricane Sandy, because apart from voting, he said. Well, what did they vote for? For 60 years of incompetence, malcontents, and in some cases criminals.
Indeed.
Sadly, what we were once again witnessing was liberal media members refusing to acknowledge that decades of Democratic politicians and policies are what destroyed this once great city.
As the Media Research Center's Scott Whitlock observed in his fabulous piece Friday, our media just can't bring themselves to admit this.
Fortunately, Will was there Sunday to give This Week viewers the inconvenient truth most of America's press want to ignore.
Bravo, George! Bravo!
Remember O'bama said Detroit was not going to go bankrupt. O'bama lied...again.
Bailing out Detroit to allow the government to continue to fail to serve the residents would be criminal.

Nothing in it for Obama and the DemoKKKrats. They already have all the Detroit votes.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#955715 Jul 28, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Jones is the Hog Trough where Liberals get their daily Swill.
Why do you keep returning to it day after day? Habit?
Try Pravda or the Beijing Peoples Daily once in awhile.
unlike most right wing nutjob sites....the source was cited.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org...

"We are failing the propaganda battle with minorities. Terms like,'GOP,''Tea Party,''Conservative' communicate 'racism.'"

page 2. deal with it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955716 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What truth? That Detroit went bankrupt because of excess in government spending and corruption on the part of the democratic leadership? Or that Chicago is a disaster area because of the democratic leadership? Or that we have the same corrupt big spending politicians from Chicago in D.C. right now?
It would seem truth is in the eye of the beholder and not in the brain of the brainwashed.
The primary reason for the failure of Detroit is race...a race war against whites that drove them out of the city.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#955717 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a tangible concern that if the economy goes after the Feds turn off the printing presses next year and after Obamacare hits the fan after the first of next year, 401k's could also be in jeopardy.
I will personally blame Obama if that happens.
Very perceptive. That's exactly what's going to happen, and soon...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955718 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a tangible concern that if the economy goes after the Feds turn off the printing presses next year and after Obamacare hits the fan after the first of next year, 401k's could also be in jeopardy.
I will personally blame Obama if that happens.
Why would you object to a plan that would protect your retirement funds from the greedy Wall Street banksters by turning it over to the government for safekeeping?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#955719 Jul 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
Those sites are guaranteed to accurately report what happens on Fox.
What a f*cking idiot you are!
so you hate fact checking sites?

seems to be the right wing trend around here.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955720 Jul 28, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
not on fx
Some Republicans, like Bob Goodlatte, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, have spoken out recently in favor of Section 3 as a method of protecting voting rights after Shelby. But Republican support for any amendment is uncertain at best, and some party members have vowed to oppose any fixes to the Voting Rights Act in light of the Justice Department’s filing.
Texas remains a hothouse of voter discrimination, where laws of dubious legality seem to sprout every day. The Justice Department’s brief cited four instances in the last three years alone in which local jurisdictions failed to show that proposed voting changes did not have a discriminatory purpose. That’s not including either the redistricting case or a separate suit filed over Texas’s new voter ID law, which will also be put on hold if the Section 3 request is successful.
Gov. Rick Perry has complained that the Justice Department’s action was an “end run” around the Supreme Court and cast “unfair aspersions” on his state. He should be more concerned with reversing Texas’s long run of discriminatory voting laws.
Why are voter ID laws discriminatory?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955721 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Inside Groundswell: Read the Memos of the New Right-Wing Strategy Group Planning a "30 Front War"
Notes from a February 28 Groundswell gathering reflected both their collective sense of pessimism and desire for aggressive tactics: "We are failing the propaganda battle with minorities. Terms like,'GOP,''Tea Party,''Conservative' communicate 'racism.'"
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/07/g...
ouch!
Druggie news.

Nobody cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,823
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min mdbuilder 49,199
New Beach Boys song. 58 min The Beach Boys 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,015
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
sex 3 hr rahul 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia