Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433706 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Waxman

Windsor, CT

#956244 Jul 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
considering the way some of these wingnuts seem to always be overcompensating, i would imagine they'd like to be big enough to fit into a vagina.
Yes, you are sick too, and dumb as a box of rocks.

Big enough?

Baawwaaahhh!!!

Dumbass.
Tits Magee

Rodange, Luxembourg

#956245 Jul 29, 2013
I hate to say this but I begin to think men hate women on some deeply, visceral level. They like using them like whores, of course, as long as they're not menstruating, and they like looking at them naked and all made up for the ball - for them, not some other guy. But the truth, I think, is that men hate women. Oh well, more for me.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#956246 Jul 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>this is from 1955 and people knew then that Social Security was a SCAM being promoted by FDR & his Pseudo Liberal Democrats.
The Social Security Tax
NOVEMBER 01, 1955
by CLARENCE MANION
Dr. Manion, formerly Dean of the Law School at Notre Dame, now practices law in South Bend, Indiana.
The promoters Of the great social security deception never advertised it to the people as a slick, easily collectible form of constantly increasing taxation, Nevertheless, when the original Federal Social Security Act was passed upon by the United States Supreme Court in 1937, it was validated by that Court merely as an exercise of the Constitutional taxing power of Congress for the benefit of the general fund of the United States Treasury. In substance, the Supreme Court held that if and when the government needs money, Congress can tax payments and earnings of employers and employees in the same way that it can tax a bottle of whiskey or a ticket to the ball game.
Having thus raised the money, the Supreme Court said that Congress could, in its future discretion, spend that money for whatever Congress then judged to be the general welfare of the country. The Court held that Congress has no constitutional power to earmark or segregate certain kinds of tax proceeds for certain purposes, whether the purposes be farm-price supports, foreign aid or social security payments.*
----------
* U.S. vs. Butler, 297 U.S. 1; Stewart Machine Company vs. Davis, 301 U.S, 548; Helvering vs. Davis, 301 U.S. 619.
All federal taxes, income taxes, estate taxes, gasoline taxes, and social security taxes, go indiscriminately into the same general fund of the federal treasury. From that general fund, Congress makes periodic appropriations for all the purposes of the federal government, including payments for social security benefits.
Congress could continue to collect the so-called social security pay roll taxes even though Congress discontinued all social security benefit payments. Congress could wipe out the social security pay roll taxes and yet continue to pay all present social security benefits out of the general tax receipts of the federal treasury.
----Click Link below to finish reading the Article----
http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/the-soc...
A con's political agenda.

So what else is new?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#956247 Jul 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt's map shows that Bloomfield Hills does not even border on Detroit.
As far as Detroit being segregated, that was intentional strategy by black separatists like Coleman Young who wanted to consolidate black political power by driving out white residents.
Here's another fkd up post by know nothing Galt.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#956248 Jul 29, 2013
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
My time? My time? I live in the moment Wax Man, haven't you noticed? In fact in about... 1 hour and 45 of them I'm going to test your theory... bye-ee. At least something will be cured. Say, um, how's the car today?
My car is not important. I'm more interested in your serious mental illness. Have you sought treatment?
Tits Magee

Rodange, Luxembourg

#956249 Jul 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
considering the way some of these wingnuts seem to always be overcompensating, i would imagine they'd like to be big enough to fit into a vagina.
As long as they could drive there.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#956251 Jul 29, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she waits for you that way. You might be in for a surprise when your time comes though. Yes, you are. The good news is your mental illness will be cured for sure.
Things are different in your country, eh son?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#956252 Jul 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you'd like to see some of the footage of me after I was an extra in the Wizard of Oz and had to take a job in Tijuana as a stand-in for the donkey when he went for a smoke break.... B-)

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

#956253 Jul 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Nixon.
(I actually voted against Gerald Ford because he was part of the Warren Commission Report that a sixth grader could take apart. I hate to admit this, but it's true. But, without the Carter lunacy, we probably would never have had Reagan, who saved the country.)
Reagan (both times).
Bush41 (the first time. I voted for Perot because I opposed NAFTA).
Bush43 both times.
Yes, I've voted for many winning candidates.
But hey, you're not a Republican, you just vote for them.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#956254 Jul 29, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Big enough?
Baawwaaahhh!!!
Dumbass.
lol! You might be considered 'normal' in your country son...

... but not in America!
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#956255 Jul 29, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Big enough?
Baawwaaahhh!!!
Dumbass.
i suspect your denial is a product of your overcompensation.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#956256 Jul 29, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
My car is not important. I'm more interested in your serious mental illness. Have you sought treatment?
Is mental illness one of your country's biggest export product son?
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#956257 Jul 29, 2013
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as they could drive there.
there is that i suppose.

but do they know how to drive?
LCN Llin

United States

#956258 Jul 29, 2013
President Obama begins the week Monday by lunching with an old rival-turned-ally,basking in the glow of baseball's world champions, and speaking with lawmakers about updating the Voting Rights Act.

After a string of meetings in the morning, Obama has a private lunch with former secretary of State -- and 2008 Democratic primary rival -- Hillary Rodham Clinton. The White House did not provide an agenda, but many people wonder if Clinton will seek to replace Obama after the 2016 presidential election.

Following lunch, Obama gets to do one of the fun things about being president, greeting sports champions. The San Francisco Giants, the reigning World Series champions of baseball, visit the White House for a presidential ceremony.

Obama gets back to more serious work in the late afternoon, meeting with civil rights leaders as well as state and local officials about the fate of the U.S. Voting Rights Act.

Congress is pondering changes to the Voting Rights Act after the Supreme Court last month struck down a key provision, one that had required federal pre-clearance of changes to the voting systems in certain Southern states.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#956259 Jul 29, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like shinningerection was playing with himself all weekend as usual. He should change his name to Magic Moran.
"silly
"shinningelectr0n" is;
M indful
O fay
R ealist
A rtistic
N ice
MORAN your word. In another words a real American.
Peace
KMA

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#956260 Jul 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Nixon.
(I actually voted against Gerald Ford because he was part of the Warren Commission Report that a sixth grader could take apart. I hate to admit this, but it's true. But, without the Carter lunacy, we probably would never have had Reagan, who saved the country.)
Reagan (both times).
Bush41 (the first time. I voted for Perot because I opposed NAFTA).
Bush43 both times.
Yes, I've voted for many winning candidates.
No wonder you're so sour on politics! I'd be to if had supported that group of losers.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

#956261 Jul 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming that you mean median, not average, the median household income is approximately $50K, the dividing line between those who pay taxes and those who do not.
Do you know the difference between median and average?
Galt thinks average automatically refers to the arithmetic mean. The term average can refer to the mean, median or mode.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#956262 Jul 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps she was speaking "generally" as it is a FACT that some CRO's have, indeed, seen their earnings increase by 800%.
http://kotaku.com/activisions-boss-got-an-800...
However, you can't argue that there hasn't been income inequality.
Fact: During the term 1979-2007, the top 1% saw an after tax gain as much as 304%(averaged out over that time to 155%) compared to only a 45% gain for the middle 60% of tax payers.
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...
How quaint, you don't talk about the data after Democrats and Obama took power.

Why don't you want to talk about the last few years, partisan propagandist?

I know why.

It's because it exposes the fact the top 1% real annual wages went up a whopping 8.2% from 2009-2011 while the middle class saw a decrease in income.

You are such an ignorant partisan.

You see only what you want to see, Democrat. People like you screw everyone else with your stupidity. The top 1% laugh at you and Obama, just like other world leader laugh at Obama, idiot.

This will go right over your head, but here it is anyways.

http://www.epi.org/publication/ib347-earnings...

You will find some propaganda to dispute this I'm sure, but I already know you are an idiot.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#956263 Jul 29, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Accepting Galt figure of 'The average annual income of the top 1% of the American population is $717,000' then compare it to the average American that has remained at $27,000 for the last 30 years. Hmmm... Who got the best of the American deal here?
Compare that with the average level of education being on a continual decline without a single year of improvement during the time you referenced, then tell us why you think they are worth more than that.
The truth is, the so-called "progressives" have fucked the middle class by making them the worst educated workforce in the industrialized world.
It's a fact that the higher the education level of a country, the more evenly the wealth will be spread.
Now, tell me why you pretend to be suprised and upset that the money is migrating to a smaller percentage of the people here while the so-called "progressives" are making them the worst educated people in the industrialized world.
Want to spread the wealth more evenly? Become more educated, dumbass. Your only other option is to steal it from the people who make themselves more educated.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#956264 Jul 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>A con's political agenda.
So what else is new?
the Conservatives were speaking & telling the Truth How Social Security works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 min RACE 9,554
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 12 min RACE 2,086
Word (Dec '08) 14 min RACE 6,760
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 15 min RACE 3,205
Trump for President, He will win. watch 30 min Scotty Steiner 26
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Jacques in Ottawa 225,468
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,522

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages