Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,880)

Showing posts 877,581 - 877,600 of1,078,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a new show on television about how the brain plays tricks on us. Last night something was said about how it's too hard to make our brains believe something it doesn't want to see.
I had to pause it and look at my husband and say, "Liberals...that explains it."
So true about the the Modern Day Bigots that call themselves Liberals.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
I should feel sorry for you, you don't exist anywhere, you're invisible. But I don't..
invisible?

like all of those folks i listed?

no one pays attention to right wing nutjobs except right wing nutjobs.

example: Obama still in the WH.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the unemployed darkies[many on here] are starting to ask " where's them jobs you promised, Zebra boy?"
Another right whiners slinging racial slurs. Typical.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, we are discussing government employees. It makes absolutely no difference that "most business employees are 'employees at will'. In government, people have a contract that sets out what constitutes "wrongful termination" and the employee has rights that other "employees at will" do not have. Job security is one of the very reasons people choose to work for a government agency rather than for a private employer where they are at the mercy of the "boss".
I think you are jealous because you don't have the same job security.
Time to change all that.

No reason from government employees to have any special protection.

Galt once worked for the government and hated it because there was no real work and nothing to accomplish, just show up (most days) and collect a paycheck.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
'speaking of stats, I'm sure the dead , racist thug Tragone fits in somewhere:
After researching the FBI numbers for "Suicide of a Superpower," this writer concluded: "An analysis of 'single offender victimization figures' from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study."
Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse.
Better watch your pasty white butt, some darkie is targetting you.
I guess it never occurred to you that those crime statistics might be the result of economics than of racial basis. As in blacks are statistically more likely to be poor, out of work and living in ghettos.

second I just can't imagine that there is not one case of a white male raping a black female, not in a population of 330 million people
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, "darkies"...I haven't heard that since my racist grandmother days
he/she/it voted for Warren Harding
LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chris Hayes who's married with children?
You're partisanship is ridiculous at times. Hayes, although misguided in his politics IMO, is a very intelligent man who makes very good arguments. When I've watched him I counter his arguments to myself so I don't feel the need to make up stupid sht about him.
Rock Hudson was married as well.

Tough to get beyond Hayes' overt femininity (even if he is straight) to get the message.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
San José State University
Department of Economics
The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
There has been a long term American policy of promoting home ownership. This entailed making the financing of home purchases as easy as possible. Various financial institutions were set up over time to make the securing of a mortgage quick and convenient. There once were Savings and Loan Associations that were savings institutions which could only invest in home mortgages. Fannie Mae (the Federal Nation Mortgage Association FNMA) was set up in 1938 to provide a secondary market for home mortgages. This meant that if a bank granted a mortgage to someone and later the bank needed funds the bank could readily sell the mortgage to Fannie Mae. However, in order for lending institutions to have access to the secondary mortgage market of Fannie Mae they had to abide by Fannie Mae's rules.
In the past Fannie Mae prohibited the lenders it was dealing with to engage in the practice of red lining. Red Lining meant that a bank would refuse to finance a home purchase in neighborhoods it consider high risk even if the prospective borrowers were themselves good credit risks. In part, this was because the bank did not want, in the event of default and foreclosure, to become the owner of property in a risky neighborhood. The deeper roots of the problem go back to the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977.
lol! It's a good thing you don't give your source son.

You may find he's a hired gun and is an 'out and out' liar. Then you won't be able to stand yourself!

OTOH, that's a good thing!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
FDR :-)
Next we move on to President Madison
LOL
FDR is Responsible for Pseudo Liberalism not Madison at least during Madison's time as President people were providing for themselves and not depending on Federal Social Programs by the Federal Government to provide for them like we see today.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Seven Dead After South Florida Shootout

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...

i thought for sure the guy would be white.

but then i always assume that any mass shooting involves a white guy.

but you right wingers will still give him a pass....he's not black.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
President Obama will spend part of Monday paying tribute to one of his Republican predecessors.
The president and first lady Michelle Obama welcome ex-president George H.W. Bush and former first lady Barbara Bush to a White House ceremony to recognize the Points of Light volunteer program.
"Points of Light — the world's largest organization dedicated to volunteer service — mobilizes millions of people to take action that is changing the world and recognizes individuals who are making a difference through service and volunteerism," the White House schedule says.
The first President Bush established the program in 1989.
While honoring Bush, President Obama plans to announce the creation of a federal task force "to identify additional ways that the public and private sectors can partner together to support national service as a strategy for tackling national priorities."
Monday's ceremony at the White House includes recipients of the 5,000th Daily Point of Light Award: Floyd Hammer and Kathy Hamilton, a retired couple of farm owners from Union, Iowa, whose non-profit organization delivers free meals to children suffering from hunger in more than 15 countries, including the USA.
The Obamas will have lunch with the Bushes and members of their family.
Bush's visit comes two weeks after Obama met with former president George W. Bush during a trip to Africa.
Old news.

Patrick is drooling in his oatmeal.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
The DemocRAT Weener's campaign manager just went limp.
Baaawwwaaaaa!!!!!!!
Just like you, mr for-eign-er!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Explanation, the draft, that was simple.
Correct, plus massive drug abuse in Vietnam.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a link to your aged data?
Sounds like Vietnam veterans were 36-39% of the veterans in prison, not 36-39% of the total prison population. Not surprising considering the huge number of draftees forced into slavery in LBJ's war.
Bet most of it was for minor drug type offenses. They threw the book at everybody for drugs back then.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Tits Magee wrote:
Nous étions les premiers et only alliés, rappelez-vous ...
Je ne me souviens pas de cette façon.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
-2-
When is a scandal not a scandal? Here's a good rule: Whenever Fox News and Rep. Darrell Issa say it IS a scandal, you can be pretty sure it's NOT one. Take the so-called IRS scandal.
For weeks, starting in May, Fox fanned the flames. Based on what we now know to be a flawed audit by Inspector General J. Russell George, Fox reported that the IRS had deliberately targeted right-wing groups seeking tax-exempt status.
According to breathless Fox News anchors, the IRS first singled out conservative organizations by drawing up a "Be on the Lookout," or BOLO, list using keywords like "patriot" and "Tea Party."
Then they picked on those same organizations by asking them for tons of irrelevant information and dragging their applications out for months. And, if you can believe Fox News, all of this was carried out by the IRS on direct orders from the Obama White House.
Meanwhile, Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has held four congressional hearings so far, accusing the IRS of conducting a Tea Party witch hunt. In typical Issa fashion, he ratcheted the rhetoric up even higher, tying the IRS to the White House and comparing President Obama to Richard Nixon. Issa said on "CBS This Morning": "This was targeting of the president's political enemies, effectively, and lies about it during the election year so that it wasn't discovered until afterwards.... This process was deliberate, and it was repeated."
Shamefully, most of the mainstream media merely echoed charges made by Fox and Issa, leaving the American people with the impression of a giant Washington scandal where Democrats were using government bureaucrats to crucify Republicans. But now the truth comes out: It was all one big fat lie.
Independent investigations by both Yahoo News and Politico reveal that the IRS, in fact,
investigated both conservative and liberal groups
applying for tax-exempt status. And, indeed, it's important that the IRS do so. The law clearly states that only organizations devoted to "social welfare" can receive a coveted tax exemption because we taxpayers should not be subsidizing any purely political groups on the right or left. IRS officials were merely trying to enforce the law, perhaps clumsily, when faced with a flood of new political organizations filing for tax-exempt status after the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision in January 2010.
Carol watched a show on TV last night that explains why she'll continue to rant about "phony" scandals.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Tits Magee wrote:
When I seduce a beautiful woman I do not seduce the schlubby critic beside her.
"shits magoo"
The only woman you have ever seduced is a blow up doll. You are all mouth, no cock.
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The outcome of the case would have been quite different had the appellee resided in the United States.
In their decision in Fleming v. Nestor, the Supreme Court further stated:
WE MUST CONCLUDE THAT A PERSON COVERED BY THE ACT HAS NOT SUCH A
RIGHT IN BENEFIT PAYMENTS AS WOULD MAKE EVERY DEFEASANCE OF "ACCRUED" INTERESTS VIOLATIVE OF THE DUE PROCESS CLAUSE OF THE FIFTH AMENDMENT.
II.
THIS IS NOT TO SAY, HOWEVER, THAT CONGRESS MAY EXERCISE ITS POWER TO
MODIFY THE STATUTORY SCHEME FREE OF ALL CONSTITUTIONAL RESTRAINT. THE INTEREST OF A COVERED EMPLOYEE UNDER THE ACT IS OF SUFFICIENT SUBSTANCE TO FALL WITHIN THE PROTECTION FROM ARBITRARY GOVERNMENTAL ACTION AFFORDED BY THE DUE PROCESS CLAUSE....
"WHETHER WISDOM OR UNWISDOM RESIDES IN THE SCHEME OF BENEFITS SET FORTH IN TITLE II, IT IS NOT FOR US TO SAY. THE ANSWER TO SUCH INQUIRIES MUST COME FROM CONGRESS, NOT THE COURTS. OUR CONCERN HERE, AS OFTEN, IS WITH POWER, NOT WITH WISDOM...PARTICULARLY WHEN WE DEAL WITH A WITHHOLDING OF A NONCONTRACTUAL BENEFIT UNDER A SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAM SUCH AS THIS, WE MUST RECOGNIZE THAT THE DUE PROCESS CLAUSE CAN BE THOUGHT TO INTERPOSE A BAR ONLY IF THE STATUTE MANIFESTS A PATENTLY ARBITRARY CLASSIFICATION, UTTERLY LACKING IN RATIONAL JUSTIFICATION.
SUCH IS NOT THE CASE HERE. THE FACT OF A BENEFICIARY'S RESIDENCE
ABROAD - IN THE CASE OF A DEPORTEE, A PRESUMABLY PERMANENT RESIDENCE
CAN BE OF OBVIOUS RELEVANCE TO THE QUESTION OF ELIGIBILITY."
"NOR, APART FROM THIS, CAN IT BE DEEMED IRRATIONAL FOR CONGRESS TO HAVE CONCLUDED THAT THE PUBLIC PURSE SHOULD NOT BE UTILIZED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUPPORT OF THOSE DEPORTED ON THE GROUNDS SPECIFIED IN THE STATUTE. WE NEED GO NO FURTHER TO FIND SUPPORT FOR OUR CONCLUSION THAT THIS PROVISION OF THE ACT CANNOT BE CONDEMNED AS SO LACKING IN RATIONAL JUSTIFICATION AS TO OFFEND DUE PROCESS."
http://www.ssa.gov/history/nestor.html
Nestor did reside in the United States and immigrated here legally like alot of them at the time did besides worked here for 19 years in the United States and was a victim of Pseudo Liberalism & the Warren Court that Held a Pseudo Liberal Majority in 1960 on the SCOTUS.

Warren Court(1953 - 1969, Pseudo Liberal Majority)

The Warren Court refers to the Supreme Court of the United States between 1953 and 1969, when Earl Warren served as Chief Justice. Warren led a liberal majority that used judicial power in dramatic fashion, to the consternation of conservative opponents. The Warren Court expanded civil rights, civil liberties, judicial power, and the federal power in dramatic ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Court
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>FDR is Responsible for Pseudo Liberalism not Madison at least during Madison's time as President people were providing for themselves and not depending on Federal Social Programs by the Federal Government to provide for them like we see today.
President Roosevelt beat the republicans four times

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying coward, show where they tried, especially when dems controlled both houses and the oval office. Show where Oblama has shreiked for cuts. You're such an easy poseur.
You're kidding right?

Somebody else spoon-feed the dolt, I don't feel like it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 877,581 - 877,600 of1,078,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,418
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 31 min APPRECIATIATATER SPUD 8
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 42 min Taeb 67,839
Is Ebay's 21-Day Hold on Sellers' PAYPAL Funds ... (Apr '13) 43 min hold this 25
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 51 min Chief49 3,825
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 1 hr Skyler 6
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 1 hr Ben Carson video 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••