Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1265113 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#955656 Jul 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Whatever. You just go ahead believing what ever you want...
Great Response!

I've heard the same from behind public restroom stalls.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#955657 Jul 28, 2013
So not only did Barack Huessein O'bama leave Americans to die, but then his administration did nothing to send medical care in immediately to help those who were wounded. Again, this is a clear dereliction of duty on Obama, Clinton, and Panetta’s part.

But we all know how Hillary felt. WHAT difference does it make?

Lapeer, MI

#955658 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Is anyone concerned this nation is going the way of Detroit? How concerned should we be?
The past is prologue.

Lapeer, MI

#955659 Jul 28, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
In another demonstration of the not so “phony” scandal called Benghazi, we are discovering that Diplomatic Security Agent David Ubben fought alongside former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty to protect the diplomatic mission that came under attack on September 11, 2012 in Benghazi, Libya. As he did, he was injured and said he had to wait 20 hours for help with a shredded leg.
*The only phony thing going on is O'bama and his administration. 20 hours this guy lay waiting for the O'bama administration to do anything...something. And YET no one knows where O'bama the crack head was.
The Boy Messiah, too, wonders often where the hell he is....

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#955660 Jul 28, 2013
George Will Schools Katrina Vanden Heuvel and Steve Rattner on Detroit's Collapse

ABC This Week viewers on Sunday were treated to a classic socio-economic debate between liberals and a lone conservative.

With the issue at hand being Detroit's announced bankruptcy and whether the federal government should bail it out, the liberal view was championed by the Nation's Katrina Vanden Heuvel and MSNBC's Steve Rattner. On the right was George Will who clearly won the scrum despite being tag-teamed :

GEORGE WILL: Can't solve the problems, because their problems are cultural. You have a city, 139 square miles, you can graze cattle in vast portions of it, dangerous herds of feral dogs roam in there. 3 percent of fourth graders reading at the national math standards, 47 percent of Detroit residents are functionally illiterate, 79 percent of Detroit children are born to unmarried mothers. They don't have a fiscal problem, Steve, they have a cultural collapse.
KRISTINA VANDEN HEUVEL, THE NATION: I find that really insulting to the people of Detroit. I think there is a serious discussion about the future of cities in a time of deindustrialization. But in many ways, Detroit has been a victim of market forces, and I think that what Steve said is so critical, that retirees and workers should not bear this. And this story should not be hijacked as one of about greedy, fiscal, public unions.
WILL: But Steve said he...
VANDEN HEUVEL: And fiscally responsibility.

Don't fret, conservatives. Will was up to the tag team:

WILL: But Steve said in his op-ed was the people of Detroit are no more to blame than the victims of Hurricane Sandy, because apart from voting, he said. Well, what did they vote for? For 60 years of incompetence, malcontents, and in some cases criminals.
Indeed.

Sadly, what we were once again witnessing was liberal media members refusing to acknowledge that decades of Democratic politicians and policies are what destroyed this once great city.

As the Media Research Center's Scott Whitlock observed in his fabulous piece Friday, our media just can't bring themselves to admit this.

Fortunately, Will was there Sunday to give This Week viewers the inconvenient truth most of America's press want to ignore.

Bravo, George! Bravo!

Remember O'bama said Detroit was not going to go bankrupt. O'bama lied...again.
Loose Meat Sandwiches

Waynesboro, MS

#955661 Jul 28, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
So not only did Barack Huessein O'bama leave Americans to die, but then his administration did nothing to send medical care in immediately to help those who were wounded. Again, this is a clear dereliction of duty on Obama, Clinton, and Panetta’s part.
But we all know how Hillary felt. WHAT difference does it make?
Sounds "similar" to the "LBJ", "USS Liberty" incident involving "Israel" and a "cover up". Do the math...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955662 Jul 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Whatever. You just go ahead believing what ever you want...
Whatever everybody knows it, it is has been done and proven by the US Federal Government is the point and the Federal Government can do whatever they want with that Social Security tax and with your thinking that meant that Carter couldnt reduce social security benefits, Reagan couldnt change the age requriement for Social Security and Federal Government couldnt deny nestor of his Social Security benefits that he paid while he worked for 19 years and the Federal Government was in the right according to the Pseudo Liberal SCOTUS that he was entitled to nothing because there is no property rights to taxes because taxes collected by the Federal Government belong to the Federal Government which the writing is all over the walls and proves that Ephram Nestor just like everyone else that has been forced to participate in the Pseudo Liberal Democrats Scam will be victims too of Pseudoliberalism if they didnt or dont plan without Social Security.

Flemming v. Nestor

Opinion of the Court

The Court ruled that no such contract exists, and that there is no contractual right to receive Social Security payments. Payments due under Social Security are not “property” rights and are not protected by the Takings Clause of the Fifth Amendment. The interest of a beneficiary of Social Security is protected only by the Due Process Clause.

Under Due Process Clause analysis, government action is valid unless it is patently arbitrary and utterly lacking in rational justification. This provision of §202(n) is not irrational; it could have been justified by the desire to increase the purchasing power of those living in America, because those living abroad would not spend their payments here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flemming_v._Nest...

Remember this ruling was handed down by the Pseudo Liberal Warren Court too meaning the Liberals as they call themselves today that we have no rights to Social Security but keep promoting their scam which proves that Psuedo Liberals say one thing and do & mean the opposite just like what FDR did with Social Security too.

Warren Court(Pseduo Liberal Majority, 1953-1969)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Court

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#955663 Jul 28, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! It's too had for your brain to comprehend the truth! Did your husband say, " time for a stiff one"?
What truth? That Detroit went bankrupt because of excess in government spending and corruption on the part of the democratic leadership? Or that Chicago is a disaster area because of the democratic leadership? Or that we have the same corrupt big spending politicians from Chicago in D.C. right now?

It would seem truth is in the eye of the beholder and not in the brain of the brainwashed.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#955664 Jul 28, 2013
Another major chimpout in an urban area. Remember to carry a concealed weapon if you live in one of these East Coast zoos, and open fire with as many rounds as you can if beset upon by rampaging chimps......

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/07/26/mob-...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955665 Jul 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
here is another Article for you and like it say Deal with it.

6/03/2012 @ 12:41PM |30,480 views

The Ugly Truth About Social Security Is Revealed

Forget about “lockboxes” and other rhetorical devices used by politicians to perpetuate the unconstitutional falsehood that is Social Security, the unhappier reality is that the minute your employer withholds your Social Security taxes, the money is no longer yours. Deal with it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2012/06...

Orlando, FL

#955666 Jul 28, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama doesn't take that from us too"? So, he took your home of 25 years?
You're truly "crazy"
There is a tangible concern that if the economy goes after the Feds turn off the printing presses next year and after Obamacare hits the fan after the first of next year, 401k's could also be in jeopardy.

I will personally blame Obama if that happens.

Orlando, FL

#955667 Jul 28, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers aren't that bright:
http://markc1.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451bb2969...
Its no stretch to my imagination that they didn't understand that to qualify for tax exemption their principle purpose could NOT be electioneering.
Of course, you're joking.

Lapeer, MI

#955668 Jul 28, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
George Will Schools Katrina Vanden Heuvel and Steve Rattner on Detroit's Collapse
ABC This Week viewers on Sunday were treated to a classic socio-economic debate between liberals and a lone conservative.
With the issue at hand being Detroit's announced bankruptcy and whether the federal government should bail it out, the liberal view was championed by the Nation's Katrina Vanden Heuvel and MSNBC's Steve Rattner. On the right was George Will who clearly won the scrum despite being tag-teamed :
GEORGE WILL: Can't solve the problems, because their problems are cultural. You have a city, 139 square miles, you can graze cattle in vast portions of it, dangerous herds of feral dogs roam in there. 3 percent of fourth graders reading at the national math standards, 47 percent of Detroit residents are functionally illiterate, 79 percent of Detroit children are born to unmarried mothers. They don't have a fiscal problem, Steve, they have a cultural collapse.
KRISTINA VANDEN HEUVEL, THE NATION: I find that really insulting to the people of Detroit. I think there is a serious discussion about the future of cities in a time of deindustrialization. But in many ways, Detroit has been a victim of market forces, and I think that what Steve said is so critical, that retirees and workers should not bear this. And this story should not be hijacked as one of about greedy, fiscal, public unions.
WILL: But Steve said in his op-ed was the people of Detroit are no more to blame than the victims of Hurricane Sandy, because apart from voting, he said. Well, what did they vote for? For 60 years of incompetence, malcontents, and in some cases criminals.
Indeed.
Sadly, what we were once again witnessing was liberal media members refusing to acknowledge that decades of Democratic politicians and policies are what destroyed this once great city.
As the Media Research Center's Scott Whitlock observed in his fabulous piece Friday, our media just can't bring themselves to admit this.
Fortunately, Will was there Sunday to give This Week viewers the inconvenient truth most of America's press want to ignore.
Bravo, George! Bravo!
Heuvel says "...Detroit has been a victim of market forces,..."

This is classic Liberalism Tripe. IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT

60 years of electing black con-men/con-women and now the collapse is into full swing but Liberal propaganda will claim that "market forces" did them in? Why not say what the sonics here and the other losers claim: white people did it!

Why? Because non-black America is about to puke if they hear this excuse one more time. Heuvel knows it, too, and that's why she reaches for the 'market forces' sham.

Lapeer, MI

#955669 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What truth? That Detroit went bankrupt because of excess in government spending and corruption on the part of the democratic leadership? Or that Chicago is a disaster area because of the democratic leadership? Or that we have the same corrupt big spending politicians from Chicago in D.C. right now?
It would seem truth is in the eye of the beholder and not in the brain of the brainwashed.
Yes, truth is in the eye of the beholder but Selective Blindness enters into the equation here, too.

Sargent Schultz Syndrome.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#955670 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Endless distractions...phony scandals."
He keeps acting like someone else needs to keep their eye on the ball.
He sometimes forgets he's the one who's the president.
That's right. He talks like he's an innocent bystander casually observing the workings of government. He says "Washington has taken it's eye off the ball.." For crying out loud, he IS Washington. He's the Leader of the Free World....Come on!

Orlando, FL

#955671 Jul 28, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, government employment is down during the Obama administration while the private sector has added over 7 million.
Due to the automatic cuts, government workers have, in fact, dropped off.

But just wait until next year. IRS employees and paper pushers will be hired by the droves just to manage Obamacare.

A lot of those 7 million jobs are part-time.

Lapeer, MI

#955672 Jul 28, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Another major chimpout in an urban area. Remember to carry a concealed weapon if you live in one of these East Coast zoos, and open fire with as many rounds as you can if beset upon by rampaging chimps......
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/07/26/mob-...
The Magic Negro's big racist mouth has now emboldened every piece of black Trayvon sh it to come alive, slither out from the urban reservation sewer and wantonly kill without fear of reprisal or legal consequence.

"You Are Somebody!"

---- Jesse Jackson

Thanks, Liberal Media. Up yours. I hope your editors get hit by Trayvon when you leave for home tonight.

Orlando, FL

#955673 Jul 28, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Indeed.
Bravo, George! Bravo!
It's not the elected but those who elect them.

And the Al Sharptons who convince the electorate to elect them.

Orlando, FL

#955674 Jul 28, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Disparaging our troops again?
(- ;
Think Galt was talking about 20 government workers and paper pushers doing a one-person job.

I am anyway.

Orlando, FL

#955675 Jul 28, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Are your ears ready for the mealy-mouthed cawing to come?
I'm keeping my radar up for the evidence to be revealed in the three separate investigations - reportedly in another month or so.

The cawing has just become background noise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who want my boobs 45 min treatmelikeshakew... 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru MD CEO CF... 194,837
abby8-4-15 4 hr Kuuipo 13
amy 8-4 5 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Sublime1 100,326
CDXC Johnson George Opens New Chicago Area Center 9 hr mike blaine 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr Red_Forman 6,264
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages