Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#955299 Jul 28, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>New word - "dictate" now lets see Leo use it in a sentence , massa obama your dictate good.
How about azzhole, Troll? Rush10me thinks he presents his sock azzhole man, but he doesn't know the difference between compounds and adjectivals.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#955300 Jul 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Where'd you get the list, Batty? Pseudo-journalists on Faux. Breitbart, or The Blaze? carol = pseudo-human being.
Technically, there's no hyphen following the prefix. Just FYI.
Waxman

United States

#955301 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure wasn't phony when he said this:
"I have now had the opportunity to review the Treasury Department watchdog’s report on its investigation of IRS personnel who improperly targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. And the report’s findings are intolerable and inexcusable. The federal government must conduct itself in a way that’s worthy of the public’s trust, and that’s especially true for the IRS. The IRS must apply the law in a fair and impartial way, and its employees must act with utmost integrity. This report shows that some of its employees failed that test.
I’ve directed Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to hold those responsible for these failures accountable, and to make sure that each of the Inspector General’s recommendations are implemented quickly, so that such conduct never happens again. But regardless of how this conduct was allowed to take place, the bottom line is, it was wrong. Public service is a solemn privilege. I expect everyone who serves in the federal government to hold themselves to the highest ethical and moral standards. So do the American people. And as President, I intend to make sure our public servants live up to those standards every day."
...How dare anyone think his strong words of condemnation wouldn't make this go away and all would be well in paradise - especially since no one was held accountable and some rewarded instead.
Did you happen to see Piers Morgan interviewing Jay Carney defending Obama concerning his handling of the IRS? He tried to convince the easily convinced Obama didn't become involved initially because presidents don't get involved with investigations underway by the Justice Department. Even though the DOJ was busy breaking other laws to investigate anything and Obama admitted he first heard about it on the news.
Incredible.
Good morning.
Don't fret, we have a lot of time to listen to your problems.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955302 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
On Friday night’s edition of “All In with Chris Hayes,” host Chris Hayes broke down the real math behind the statistics that Fox News Commentator Bill O’Reilly has been spouting in his racist rants in the wake of the verdict of the George Zimmerman trial.
“For people like Bill O’Reilly,” Hayes said,“there is a zero sum of concern, here. For him, this really isn’t about his interest in helping the actual human beings being killed on Chicago’s South Side. No. It’s about making a point. A point about the propensity of black people to commit violence, and then tossing them aside as violent people with ‘little discipline’ who are ‘unsupervised’ and ‘prone to imitate bad behavior.’”
Hayes said,“There are about 200 million white people in America, making up about 63% of the population. In 2010, 1,179 white people were killed by black people. Compare that number to the roughly 20,000 white people who died from accidental poisoning, 16,000 who died from accidental falls that year, or the 2,000 or so white people estimated who died from accidental drowning. In other words, Bill O’Reilly, you have more reason to be afraid of your own swimming pool than any young black man you see in a hoodie.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/27/chris-h...
Chris Hayes is a sweet girl, but unaware of reality. Chris is just waiting for the black man of her dreams to come along.
Waxman

United States

#955303 Jul 28, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
OK leftist phags, its time for the morning edition of "learnin ta spell wit jeantel".
The word for this morning is "COATROOM".
Now lets have lil rachel use it in a sentence:
"judge say, "one mo outbursts like that an you be thrown outs the coatroom"..........
Far out man. Have another toke. Very wierd.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#955304 Jul 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see my post and link to Veolia Water with respect to Detroit?
Many gas turbine power generators no longer purchase and operate their own demineralized water systems, but contract this out to more efficient operators.
Yes I did, thanks.

Orlando, FL

#955305 Jul 28, 2013
President Obama's reaction to the IRS in May:

"I have now had the opportunity to review the Treasury Department watchdog’s report on its investigation of IRS personnel who improperly targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. And the report’s findings are INTOLERABLE and INEXCUSABLE. The federal government must conduct itself in a way that’s worthy of the public’s trust, and that’s especially true for the IRS. The IRS must apply the law in a fair and impartial way, and its employees must act with utmost integrity. This report shows that some of its employees failed that test.

"I’ve directed Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to HOLD THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE FAILURES ACCOUNTABLE, and to make sure that each of the Inspector General’s recommendations are implemented quickly, so that such conduct never happens again. But regardless of how this conduct was allowed to take place, the bottom line is, IT WAS WRONG. Public service is a solemn privilege. I expect everyone who serves in the federal government to hold themselves to the highest ethical and moral standards. So do the American people. And as President, I intend to make sure our public servants live up to those standards every day."

...Two months later it's a distraction and a phony.

Can someone please explain this discrepancy? Leosnana? Lily? Sonic? Anyone?

And can someone please name those who were held accountable?

Thanks so much.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#955306 Jul 28, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Make reasonable cuts to Defense spending that the Pentagon does not want and doesn't need like reducing nuclear weapon arsenals to 700 or less missiles(more than enough to obliterate everyone on the planet) and there will be plenty money for making social security, medicare ,and medicaid solvent for years and even expand those programs. Do it for the sake of improving Americans quality of life at home which is the real goal of government.
No it's not BOB! But nice try!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#955307 Jul 28, 2013
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
je t'aime. Je fais cela pour vous. M'aimes-tu aussi?
J'aime votre philosophie de la vie et vos tentatives pour nous faire voir que nous nous trompons.
Waxman

United States

#955308 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, there's no hyphen following the prefix. Just FYI.
Only a zombie would say such a thing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955309 Jul 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that at one time one out of five people in prison was a Vietnam veteran.
Highly unlikely.

Prove it.

Location hidden

#955310 Jul 28, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure he never sees you pulling a train.
You ARE 12 ... maybe 14 but that's a stretch.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955311 Jul 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
A New Defense of Voting Rights
On Thursday, Attorney General Eric Holder Jr. took an important step toward repairing the damage from last month’s Supreme Court ruling striking down a central element of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. He is right to adopt an aggressive approach to defending the most fundamental right in our democracy.
In a federal lawsuit first brought by black and Hispanic voters against Texas over its redistricting maps, the Justice Department relied on a rarely used provision of the act, Section 3, to ask a federal court to require Texas to get permission before making any voting changes in the state.
Until last month, Texas already had to get such permission under the act’s “preclearance” process. This process had long been the most effective means of preventing racial bias in voting laws in states with histories of discrimination. It required state and local governments that wanted to change the laws to first show there would be no discriminatory effect. In Shelby County v. Holder, the Supreme Court struck down Section 4 of the act as unconstitutional; that provision laid out the formula that determined which jurisdictions had to get permission.
In theory, the court’s ruling allows Congress to update the list of nine states and parts of six others identified by Section 4. But given the dysfunction of Congress, that will not happen anytime soon.
This is why Mr. Holder’s decision to rely on Section 3 in the Texas case is so significant. Section 3 — also known as the “bail-in” provision — may be the most promising tool we have to protect voting rights after Shelby. It allows courts to identify jurisdictions that are passing intentionally discriminatory voting laws and then “bail” them in as needed — that is, require them to get permission before establishing new voting rules.
This is functionally similar to the system the court struck down last month, but Section 3 has several distinguishing features. It does not contain a preset list of jurisdictions, and it is forward-looking: instead of relying primarily on historical evidence of discrimination, it allows individual voters or the government to ask courts to zero in on any jurisdiction, like Texas, that continues to try to impose racially discriminatory voting laws.
Section 3 is also flexible. The period of coverage for preclearance under Section 3 is determined by court order, and may last for only as long as a federal judge deems it necessary to overcome voting discrimination in that jurisdiction.
These features make Section 3 a useful provision, but it has its weaknesses. The preclearance may be imposed only if a federal judge determines that the jurisdiction’s laws are intentionally discriminatory. When the Voting Rights Act was passed, such laws were much easier to identify. But lawmakers have since discovered countless ways to discriminate on the basis of race without saying so explicitly, and will continue to do so.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/opinion/sun...
seems simple enough; don't act like a racist and you're good.
but we all know that's a pipe dream. so it's no wonder the right wing media are having a fit.
Holder will be bitch-slapped for defying the SCOTUS decision.

Location hidden

#955312 Jul 28, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why haven't the scumbag dems cut defense spending?
...'cause the scumbag Republicans won't let them.

Aren't you aware of anything?

Location hidden

#955313 Jul 28, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not guiulty, which of these 2 words does Mrs. Fartsack[lily] have to explain to you?
Care to explain how POS scumbag Traygone wasn't a racist? I know you're an intellectual coward, but make an effort.
Why are you so angry?

Permanent PMS?

Orlando, FL

#955314 Jul 28, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You just proved you are not too smart.
Pseudoliberal
Pseudoliberals are people that say that they are Liberal but really aren't. In some rare cases, they are Conservatives in denial. Because Liberal ideas and being Liberal is a growing trend, people have become quick to adopt being Liberal without actually understanding what Liberalism is
http://liberapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudoliber...
Reminds me of a new show on television about how the brain plays tricks on us. Last night something was said about how it's too hard to make our brains believe something it doesn't want to see.

I had to pause it and look at my husband and say, "Liberals...that explains it."
Waxman

United States

#955315 Jul 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
President Obama's reaction to the IRS in May:
"I have now had the opportunity to review the Treasury Department watchdog’s report on its investigation of IRS personnel who improperly targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. And the report’s findings are INTOLERABLE and INEXCUSABLE. The federal government must conduct itself in a way that’s worthy of the public’s trust, and that’s especially true for the IRS. The IRS must apply the law in a fair and impartial way, and its employees must act with utmost integrity. This report shows that some of its employees failed that test.
"I’ve directed Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to HOLD THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE FAILURES ACCOUNTABLE, and to make sure that each of the Inspector General’s recommendations are implemented quickly, so that such conduct never happens again. But regardless of how this conduct was allowed to take place, the bottom line is, IT WAS WRONG. Public service is a solemn privilege. I expect everyone who serves in the federal government to hold themselves to the highest ethical and moral standards. So do the American people. And as President, I intend to make sure our public servants live up to those standards every day."
...Two months later it's a distraction and a phony.
Can someone please explain this discrepancy? Leosnana? Lily? Sonic? Anyone?
And can someone please name those who were held accountable?
Thanks so much.
You're talking like a "fart cushion." Showing your age gramma?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#955316 Jul 28, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Oh Boy!
Illegal Immigration is now
>“irregular immigration” <
http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/24506-...

Well, when you stop and think about it from an international perspective, it makes sense. Not all those who are in legal limbo with immigration authorities are illegals and they should not be labeled as such. Those seeking asylum are "legal defined refugees." That is the issue addressed by the U.N. and completely ignored by the "chick on the right". People on the right have an inability to see the whole picture.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#955317 Jul 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Holder will be bitch-slapped for defying the SCOTUS decision.
by who?

so let's see...who's the #1 law enforcement official in the land...oh yeah, Holder.

so....bitched-slapped by the right wing media?

LMAO

bitched slapped by the Tea Party?

LMAO

bitch slapped by the GOP in Congress?

LMAO

bitch slapped by right wing nutjobs on internet forums??

ROTFLMAO

Location hidden

#955318 Jul 28, 2013
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
In the same way your troubled husband climbing on top of you like a giant white oaf to perform his husbandly duties is a sweaty waste of time. You'd rather be somewhere else wouldn't you dear? After all you're going to have to shower after this persistent debasement which produces no children but seems to pacify him into thinking that his tiny glans touches your soul somewhere... night after night... but he sells insurance and brings in a good living and you're safe and secure and can play golf with your friends... and life goes on... But you know there's more don't you, sweetie... somewhere there's more, surely...
Bottom line: if ever there was someone in desperate need of getting laid its Endeavor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min loose cannon 184,774
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr GayleWood 51,325
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 51,334
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,698
Dear Abby 2-26-15 7 hr PEllen 1
Amy 2-26-15 7 hr PEllen 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 11 hr Red_Forman 502
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News