Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,857)

Showing posts 877,121 - 877,140 of1,078,434
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
Gotta run, grandson's first ride on a train this morning. I'm so excited.
"Run"? Won't they let you ride?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, really I think the blame rests squarely on Alexander Graham Bell.
Even better we should blame the guy that invented Fire. If he hadn't invented Fire we wouldn't need 911.
What is wrong with correcting a mistake, regardless of the origin?

Free phones should be for emergency use only.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Its a DOUBLE_GOOD day, as 120 of the muslim brotherhood bought the farm too. Now if we could just kill the shooters too, it would be a win-win....

Brotherhood accuses Egyptian security forces of shooting dead dozens

By Tom Perry and Noah Browning | Reuters 15 minutes ago

CAIRO (Reuters)- Egyptian security forces shot dead dozens of supporters of ousted Islamist President Mohamed Mursi on Saturday, witnesses said, days after the army chief called for a popular mandate to wipe out "violence and terrorism".

Men in helmets and black police fatigues fired on crowds gathered before dawn on the fringes of a round-the-clock sit-in near a mosque in northeast Cairo, Mursi's Muslim Brotherhood movement said.

"They are not shooting to wound, they are shooting to kill," said Brotherhood spokesman Gehad El-Haddad. "The bullet wounds are in the head and chest."

The bloodshed, near the military parade ground where President Anwar Sadat was assassinated in 1981, has rocked a country already struggling with the transition to democracy two years after Hosni Mubarak was swept from power.

A Muslim Brotherhood website said 120 people had been killed and some 4,500 injured. A Reuters reporter counted 36 bodies at one morgue, while health officials said there were a further 21 corpses in two nearby hospitals.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Dave is either a teenage girl or an old fart on Medicare.
Negro lawn jockey, and that sod bitch is late for work.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
House GOP To Hold 40th Obamacare Repeal Vote
"It is only fitting that Republicans would waste the last week at work this summer voting for the 40th time to repeal the Affordable Care Act and continue their record of no jobs bills, no budget agreement, and no solutions for the middle class," said Pelosi.
"Every day wasted on yet another repeal bill that will never be taken up by the Senate, much less survive a presidential veto, is another day that could have been spent advancing legislation to create jobs for the middle class, negotiating a balanced and bipartisan approach to deficits that can end the painful budget sequester, or debating a path forward on immigration reform," added Hoyer.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/26/40th...
Repeal of ObamaKKKare is a jobs bill and help from higher insurance premiums for the middle class.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"GENEROUS taxpayer subsidies of more than $100 million helped drive Ford Australia to a $24.9 million after-tax profit for 2010.
It is a $12.2 million profit increase over 2009's $12.7 million profit, and contrasts with a loss of $274 million in 2008.
The bulk of the $100.8 million government subsidy came as credits from the federal government's Automotive Competitiveness and Investment Scheme (ACIS), as well as grants from the now-halted Green Car Innovation Fund, and the Victorian government.
''It's a pretty pleasing set of results from our perspective,'' Ford Australia chief financial Frank Lazzaro said."
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/subsidies-driv...
The Australian government looks pretty good at 'picking winners over losers'.
So, a good and reliable ally of the United States, Australia, lured a multinational American Ford Motor Company with tax money to expand and produce cars there rather than in the Ford parent company home base of auto factories in Detroit. Why did Ford Motor Company stop caring and just shuck off their traditional obligations to American auto workers and communities here that made them the huge , multi-national auto giant that they are now?
But, When President Barack Obama tries this same economic plan to reward U S companies for staying home , taking better care of their American labor force with livable wages and benefits, stopped off-shoring jobs and capital to foreign countries , and following the rules in manufacturing a safer , environmentally beneficent product then republicans claim that 'government can not successfully pick winners and losers '. Go figure.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother adul? FOX is still the #1 network by a country mile.
Eating you alive inside, huh (LOL).......
there are only 3 million FOXbots. 60,932,152 Republicans voted for Mitt.

4.9%.

very impressive.

so it's eating me alive why?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
African-Americans are either unable or unwilling to perform the work performed by Mexicans.
African -American auto workers helped BUILD the American powerhouse multi-national auto industry giants, Ford Motor Company, GM, and Chrysler!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
don't you find it funny that the county i live in has the highest per capita payout of welfare, of any sort, in the state?
and nary a minority to be found.
Parke.
i'm pretty sure the Amish don't count as a minority and they wouldn't be on the dole anyway.
and hey...if the Republican leadership says we're operating in the black...i wouldn't believe one word of it if i were you.
A new audit of Indiana's job creation programs confirms what WTHR has been reporting for the past year: tens of thousands of new jobs promoted by state leaders have never come. The actual number of jobs created is far less than expected.
Only a fraction of job commitments announced by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation have resulted in actual Indiana jobs, according to an independent IEDC program review obtained by Eyewitness News.
The review, presented to the IEDC audit committee earlier this month, is part of an audit that examines how state job numbers are collected, tracked and announced by IEDC. The numbers presented in the audit offer a stark contrast between the job realization figures cited by Governor Mitch Daniels and his job creation agency and those reported by auditors and WTHR. It also presents statistics in a manner that allows state leaders to still cite high levels of job creation, even though the realization figures suggest otherwise.
http://www.wthr.com/story/13870940/where-are-...
i was just reading a story about how the cost of health insurance is coming in much lower in some states while Indiana is claiming the cost will go up.
yeah right.
A tiny rural county signifying nothing and a claim lacking any proof.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, consumption tax. I can't think of any way it can be twisted to political advantage the way income and corporate taxes are so its a non-starter with our government.
The entire IRS Code is what it is primarily to control behavior, not to raise money.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

LCN Llin wrote:
Good News
Over the past several years, as the Republican party has slid deeper into ideological dogmatism, naked legislative obstructionism, mindless partisanship and increasingly heartless social policy, it has largely spoken with one voice. Whether you're the Senate majority leader, the governor of Texas or a state senator in Florida, the message and the madness have been remarkably similar.
But immigration reform has proven to an exception to this general rule.
Throughout the 2012 presidential campaign, Republican candidates practically tried to outdo themselves in hurling invective at the nation's 11 million undocumented immigrants and the very idea of treating them with dignity. But after the 2012 election, a prominent party elite began singing a very different tune.
Unable to accept the reality that the electorate rejected their conservative vision for America in re-electing Barack Obama, many Republicans have convinced themselves that their problem in 2012 was one of demographics namely, the overwhelming loss of the Hispanic vote.
You partisan fascists care about power, others care about the future of the USA and issues such as the debt which is going way up and standard of living for the middle class which is going way down thanks to you morons.

Your propaganda is nothing more than propaganda, little frustrated libtard.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I have never taken insurance from any employer, except for when I worked for me. I have found it always cheaper. the brainwashing of the American people into believing health insurance should be tied to employment is one of the biggest scams every run.
That is a little extreme when the employer is paying most of the cost and offering nothing in return if you decline the insurance.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
there are only 3 million FOXbots. 60,932,152 Republicans voted for Mitt.
4.9%.
very impressive.
so it's eating me alive why?
Like I said yesterday, most people in the know knew Romney was a doomed-to-failure Massachussets RINO. Once the Republican party gets straightened out, it will be back on track.

Its eating you alive because you:

a)post about FOX all day long

b)know that phag news networks like CNN & MSNBC are on the brink of bankruptcy.

Good times.....

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Tits Magee wrote:
When is the last time you were in Paris?
Sorry it took me so long to reply but I didn't have much time for Topix. I'm not overly fond Paris but my son is a professor at a university in Madrid and it really is a short flight away. Always seems like a MUST to fly there...if for not other reason than to have brunch at a little place called Koff's.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeal of ObamaKKKare is a jobs bill and help from higher insurance premiums for the middle class.
they're never going to repeal it as long as Obama is in office.

so no, it's not a jobs bill beyond the House GOP hiring more aides to help with the propaganda campaign.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The flaw in your counter-argument is that the jumper is not acting recklessly, the driver was and that recklessness resulted in the deaths of others.
Jumping from a highway bridge is illegal in most places and parking one's car in the middle of the bridge would be reckless.

The larger point is that you cannot be held responsible for that which someone unknown to you does voluntarily.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
African-Americans are either unable or unwilling to perform the work performed by Mexicans.
and Caucasians are?

what's your point?

That only non whites should be happy to do those jobs
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so per capita only applies when some racist wants to talk about black on black violence while i'm explaining to said racist that 84% of whites who are murdered are killed by whites?'But, but, per capita!!'
deal with it. per 100 in CA: 3.005 IN: 2.241.
to set it in context...IL: 0.783.
http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco_wel_cas_...
plenty of jobs? then why is our unemployment rate 0.8% higher than the national average?
http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/ind...
Still trying to fraudulently deny negroes kill at a rate SEVEN TIMES higher than anglos & hispanics combined?

You might have had a shot at that fraud if you hadnt posted the very chart from DOJ that stated that clear fact.

Typical leftist retard.....:-)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A tiny rural county signifying nothing and a claim lacking any proof.
like i'm worried about proving anything to someone who ignores proof on a daily basis. oh, excuse me, on an hourly basis. no wait, on a minute by minute basis.

and here we go with another who wants to talk about per capita when it suits their narrative, but when it doesn't....

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You partisan fascists care about power, others care about the future of the USA and issues such as the debt which is going way up and standard of living for the middle class which is going way down thanks to you morons.
Your propaganda is nothing more than propaganda, little frustrated libtard.
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

another example of putting country first over politics

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 877,121 - 877,140 of1,078,434
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min loose cannon 174,461
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min Hate troublemaking arabs 67,866
Amy 7-23 22 min RACE 3
Abby 7-23 29 min RACE 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min Terry rigsby 48,843
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,512
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Stuart Cudahy 45,764
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••