Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954890 Jul 27, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> 'Government debt' has never proved to be the cause of recessions---for example Ronald Reagan claimed that government deficits were not the problem, the growth and expansion of government bureaucracy was a problem --and what drove that unprecedented growth in government bureaucracy was the unregulated growth and expansion of globalization --Rein in the disastrous effects of globalization , like President Barack Obama has wanted to do by reducing our global military over reach and rewarding American companies who stayed loyal to their social obligations at home , follow the rules against off-shoring capital and labor costs,refuse to do business with countries who subsidize businesses that exploit the cheap poorer labor pool in third world countries, make safe, environmentally beneficent products , and protect their American labor force with livable wages and benefits .
Recessions are a natural part of the business cycle, unavoidable and best left to resolve themselves.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#954891 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most companies do not offer that choice.
More than you think if you ask.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954892 Jul 27, 2013
Maher: No matter what Obama says on race, Republicans hear ‘Kill Whitey!’
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954893 Jul 27, 2013
Crime, Race and the Politics of White Deflection

...the mere fact that the term “black-on-black crime” is used (while “white-on-white crime” is never used the same way), suggests that the phrase is more about reinforcing stereotypes of black people as inherently dangerous, than actually addressing the phenomenon of intra-group violence. The term is not benign or merely descriptive, for if it were intended as such, we would use “white-on-white” crime to describe the crime that mostly affects white people, but we don’t. And not because it’s a minor occurrence. According to the most recent comprehensive data from the Justice Department (in that it tallies crime estimates by race, for offenders and victims, and not merely for crimes reported to police, but also those that are not reported):

In 2008:

There were 2,788,600 white victims of violent crime involving a single offender.

In 67.4 percent of these cases, the offender was known to be white.

So, in 2008 there were at least 1.9 million white-on-white single offender violent crimes.

This, compared to roughly 369,000 black-on-black single offender violent crimes.

So, in 2008 there were more than five times as many white-on-white violent crimes involving a single offender as there were black-on-black violent crimes involving a single offender.

Oh, and, importantly: the rates of white-on-black and black-on-white violent offending here were virtually identical, contrary to common perception. 15.4 percent of white victims were victimized by blacks, while 15.9 percent of black victims were victimized by whites.

Additionally in 2008, there were 726,530 white victims of violent crime involving multiple offenders. Although large numbers of these crimes involve offenders with indeterminate racial identities, or a mix of such identities, in 42.4 percent of such incidents the offenders were both (or all) known to be white. Meaning there were at least 308,000 white-on-white multiple offender violent crimes.

This, compared to about 117,500 black-on-black multiple offender violent crimes.

So, in all, there are roughly 2.2 million white-on-white violent crimes annually, compared to fewer than 500,000 black-on-black violent crimes, meaning that there are about four times as many of the former as the latter.

http://www.timwise.org/2013/07/crime-race-and...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954894 Jul 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Galt has no earthly idea why Mexicans first came to the US for seasonal work or why the were able to move along with the harvests while the nations traditional farm workers, blacks and Southern whites were not.
Galt has no understanding of contract growers, or contract harvesting crews. Galt doesn't get that 10,000 completely unknown, undocumented persons are welcome to harvest tomatoes, apples and such but a black guy showing up with an ID has no prayer of being hired and might end up being quizzed by the police.
Realtime has a racist viewpoint of the work performed by Mexicans.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954895 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have no proof?
you have no proof that the Affordable Healthcare Act is a job killer.

i'm far from worried about proving anything to you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#954896 Jul 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the welfare statistics for Parke County, Indiana,(pop. 17,000), far less than for one block in a major city. Make your point, if you have one.

http://www.stats.indiana.edu/fssa_m/index.htm...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#954897 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most companies do not offer that choice.
But then you have to remember the last time I worked the economy was booming, at least around here. Companies were begging for good employees.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#954898 Jul 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
there are only 3 million FOXbots. 60,932,152 Republicans voted for Mitt.
4.9%.
very impressive.
so it's eating me alive why?
Obama 26 states.
Romney 24 states.

Obama 65,899,000.
Romney 60,932,000.

Obama 51.1%.
Romney 47.2%.

Obama won the liberal states with the larger populations by the biggest margins - by approximately 2 million in New York and 3 million in California.

He barely won Florida and other states by a slim margin.

So I wouldn't call it a mandate or anything like that.

Guess if you keep promising everybody everything even if you don't deliver and lie enough about your opponent and run enough smear campaign ads, you're bound to win over a lot of liberals.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#954899 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
African-Americans are either unable or unwilling to perform the work performed by Mexicans.
I know it and its the same everywhere I have been and it was the Blacks that were unwilling to perform the work that destroyed Detroit too since most of them refuse to work besides the Blacks are the Majority of Detroit and have been for years and that is what they called Black Power and I agree with Rand Paul that the Federal Government shouldnt bailout Detroit either, let them learn to work & provide for themselves first.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#954900 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keep hitting the ball back over the net.
lol! I can't son....

... it never gets over to me in the first place!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#954901 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the welfare statistics for Parke County, Indiana,(pop. 17,000), far less than for one block in a major city. Make your point, if you have one.
Exactly.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#954902 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You took the bag off of your head and I'm STILL dim?
Hmmmm....
Your head is screwed on backwards. Turn around!
Never had one on, son.

Perhaps if you opened your eyes, you'd be able to see for once!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#954903 Jul 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Maher: No matter what Obama says on race, Republicans hear ‘Kill Whitey!’
What obama says about race shouldn't matter to anyone because weather he leans black or white you are only getting half of an opinion .
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#954904 Jul 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord Obamacare is cited repeatedly by small business owners as a consideration when hiring new employees. Businesses close to the 50-employee threshold frequently AVOID hiring because of the penalties incurred when crossing the threshold.

Anecdotally I can tell you that most of the small business owners I deal with are actively searching for ways to avoid the cost and headaches of Lord Obamacare. I expect to see a new industry emerging, if the morass of Obamacare isn't repealed: service companies offering advice on how to avoid Obamacare penalties.

We are already seeing an increase in part time employment, which is one of the loopholes that small businesses will try to exploit. Here's the link with the numbers:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...

Everytime new numbers come out on the unemployment rate, the administration touts how "325,000 new jobs created!". What they don't tell you is most were part time jobs created by liquidating a smaller number of full time jobs.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954906 Jul 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama 26 states.
Romney 24 states.
Obama 65,899,000.
Romney 60,932,000.
Obama 51.1%.
Romney 47.2%.
Obama won the liberal states with the larger populations by the biggest margins - by approximately 2 million in New York and 3 million in California.
He barely won Florida and other states by a slim margin.
So I wouldn't call it a mandate or anything like that.
Guess if you keep promising everybody everything even if you don't deliver and lie enough about your opponent and run enough smear campaign ads, you're bound to win over a lot of liberals.
not sure what point you're trying make, but mine was....FOX ratings are not that big a deal when only 4.9% of those who voted for Mitt are watching it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954907 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you're on top of it. run the numbers.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#954908 Jul 27, 2013
The American People needs a Morning After Pill to protect Us from Obamacare and this administration!!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#954909 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaKKKare is a job-killer.
Obamacare keeps jobs in America. Apple drives more good jobs overseas by expanding their trade and production into foreign Third World countries .

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#954910 Jul 27, 2013
In 2012, Obama disingenuously accused Romney of being anti-education and not wanting to invest in the future while ridiculing Romney’s personal wealth. An Obama aide, Stephanie Cutter, made unsubstantiated and off-the-wall claims that Romney could be a felon for allegedly not paying his taxes, and Vice President Joe Biden tried to convince voters that Romney wanted to return to the days of slavery. A pro-Obama Super PAC, Priorities USA, released an ad that accused Romney of causing a women’s death by shutting down a steel plant. Add to that the spurious and invisible “war on women.”

According to an NBC/WSJ poll conducted in late July, Obama had the most “very negative” ads at 32% compared to Romney's 24%.

But liberals will believe anything and Romney didn't have an urgent enough message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min truth-facts 46,666
Amy 9-18 35 min Kuuipo 23
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Loser GOP 178,052
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 49,838
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 2 hr MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 2 hr ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
FLOOD of illegal alien kids explained. 2 hr YaGottaWatchAndReply 2
Amy 9-16 2 hr ralph 58
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••