Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#954793 Jul 27, 2013
vote out evil 2014 wrote:
Hello, I’m Wayne Allyn Root for Personal Liberty. President Barack Obama can’t stop comparing himself, or the son he never had, to Trayvon Martin. And he can
I see the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case very differently. For me, it was never about black or white. It was always about life or death — for Zimmerman. You see, 36 years ago, I was Zimmerman. Thirty-six years ago, I almost died in a life or death struggle eerily similar to Zimmerman’s confrontation. Let me tell you the story.
In 1977, at the age of 15, I attended Mount Vernon High School in Mount Vernon, N.Y., one of the most dangerous and violent urban schools in America. Guns and knives were rampant. Assaults were a daily occurrence. Every walk through the hallway was an opportunity to be beaten or robbed. Lunchtime was an opportunity to have your lunch extorted by someone threatening your life. And worst of all were the bathrooms. All the decent kids at Mount Vernon High School knew we were taking our lives in our hands if we went to the bathroom, so we didn’t. We learned to hold it in all day until we got home — for fear of being robbed or beaten in the filthy, dangerous bathrooms where hoods, gang members and drug dealers hung out.
The school was about 85 percent black. I was white. But being white wasn’t the problem. Being a good kid was the problem. It’s wasn’t black versus white. It was good versus bad. The good black kids were as readily beaten up and intimidated as the good white kids.
Like Zimmerman, I decided I wanted to make a difference — for white and black kids. I was sick of the crime violence, intimidation and fear. I spent the summer lifting weights and taking boxing lessons, bulked up and, upon my return to school, volunteered to become a marshal. That meant I was part of our volunteer school police force. We were unarmed, but carried badges and walkie-talkies. Our job was to police the halls and prevent crime, drug dealing and cutting classes.
Like Zimmerman, we weren’t supposed to engage, only observe and call for help. But, as you might surmise, it doesn’t always work out that way.
In the late spring of 1977, I faced a “George Zimmerman moment.” As I patrolled an empty hallway in my high school, I spotted a gangbanger smoking and listening to loud music when he was supposed to be in class. I confronted and told him,“You’re coming with me.” The kid wheeled around and pulled a gigantic knife. In court it was classified as a machete (with a blade longer than 8.5 inches). He lunged at me, and I grabbed his wrist. We wrestled to the ground, with him on top. A much bigger kid than me, he was soon winning the struggle and was about to stick the machete into my head.
If I had had a gun, I certainly would have used it to save my life. That was the choice Zimmerman faced. What Obama and the race-baiters call murder is self-defense. Those who make the race-baiters happy by not fighting back are… dead. After the fact, they’re called “victims.”
I got lucky. As my life was about to be extinguished, a principal emerged from his office to check on the commotion. Like Zimmerman, I’m sure no one knew which of us was screaming in my life-or-death struggle, but my screams saved my life. The principal shouted:“Hey, you! Drop that knife.” The kid ran. The principal raced to my side. I told him what happened. Together, we chased down my assailant in the school courtyard. I lived to tell this story.
Zimmerman’s critics call him “a police wannabe.” I guess you could say I was a “police wannabe,” too. How rude. You know what that means? Zimmerman and I cared about our community. I cared about my fellow classmates. He cared about his fellow homeowners. We both cared about right and wrong. Interesting interpretation.http://personal liberty.com/2013/07/25/my-geor ge-zimmerman-moment/
According to Root's own extensive biography he attended a private high school.

Whatever, the man is a professional scumbag.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#954794 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most places have separate sewer systems and don't treat the storm runoff at all, so there are no costs other than maintenance. No different than streets, parks, etc.
I pay $72 a year for the rain to land on my house and yard, run off into the street, and down the road into the river. It's called Storm Water Management Fee. You are right though. Sewage and storm water are separate.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#954795 Jul 27, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
On June 19th the "Communications Act of 1934" was passed.
"The stated purposes of the Act are "regulating interstate and foreign commerce in communication by wire and radio so as to make available, so far as possible, to all the people of the United States a rapid, efficient, nationwide, and worldwide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_A...
this led to the fwee phones of today....
Well, really I think the blame rests squarely on Alexander Graham Bell.

Even better we should blame the guy that invented Fire. If he hadn't invented Fire we wouldn't need 911.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954796 Jul 27, 2013
House GOP To Hold 40th Obamacare Repeal Vote

"It is only fitting that Republicans would waste the last week at work this summer voting for the 40th time to repeal the Affordable Care Act and continue their record of no jobs bills, no budget agreement, and no solutions for the middle class," said Pelosi.

"Every day wasted on yet another repeal bill that will never be taken up by the Senate, much less survive a presidential veto, is another day that could have been spent advancing legislation to create jobs for the middle class, negotiating a balanced and bipartisan approach to deficits that can end the painful budget sequester, or debating a path forward on immigration reform," added Hoyer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/26/40th...

Location hidden

#954797 Jul 27, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Libertarians...
and Detroit...
"Important update from MSNBC: Detroit is fast becoming America’s most “libertarian city"
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/26/importa...
Figures they would exploit the collapse of big, corrupt government to paint it as libertarian. Notice, the city has only just declared bankruptcy, cheap shot.

However, as I've been discussing with Galt this does present a unique opportunity for a libertarian experiment. The mayor has already talked about selling the sewer system off to the private sector.

Location hidden

#954798 Jul 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
This doesn't happen very often but here goes. I'm retracting what I said about Obama being responsible for the unraveling in Iraq.
After doing a lot of research, I learned the Iraqis welcomed a small force to stay behind but not without conditions. Iraqi leaders adamantly refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts still angry over incidents such as Abu Ghraib and Iraqi civilians killed in Anbar - and wanted American troops subject to Iraqi law.
The issue of legal protection for the Americans was the deal-breaker.
Unless I find this is inaccurate, I was wrong. Dead wrong. But only about this.
There you go.
Good for you Carol.

I skipped the earlier post you're referring to 'cause it was just over the top ridiculous.

This post fixed it.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#954799 Jul 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme help you out here. 8 tracks were similar to cassette tapes (you know what those are right?) except they played on a continuous loop with the recording split into four tracks. They were supposed to be higher fidelity than cassettes and not suffer some of cassette's issues like unreeling but in reality they stretched easily which grossly distorted the sound. And those four tracks? They were evidently at fixed intervals so you'd be listening to a song and it would fade to silence then it would advance to the next track then the song would fade back to resume. Very annoying.
Ask your mom, she probably remembers them.
8 tracks came long before cassettes. You had to but a matchbox under them after a while to get them to play right. I had plenty of the old great country bands on them. The first three rock ones were J Geils Band, Black Sabbath, and Jethro Tull. Then came Led Zeppelin Two.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#954800 Jul 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
don't you find it funny that the county i live in has the highest per capita payout of welfare, of any sort, in the state?
and nary a minority to be found.
Parke.
i'm pretty sure the Amish don't count as a minority and they wouldn't be on the dole anyway.
and hey...if the Republican leadership says we're operating in the black...i wouldn't believe one word of it if i were you.
A new audit of Indiana's job creation programs confirms what WTHR has been reporting for the past year: tens of thousands of new jobs promoted by state leaders have never come. The actual number of jobs created is far less than expected.
Only a fraction of job commitments announced by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation have resulted in actual Indiana jobs, according to an independent IEDC program review obtained by Eyewitness News.
The review, presented to the IEDC audit committee earlier this month, is part of an audit that examines how state job numbers are collected, tracked and announced by IEDC. The numbers presented in the audit offer a stark contrast between the job realization figures cited by Governor Mitch Daniels and his job creation agency and those reported by auditors and WTHR. It also presents statistics in a manner that allows state leaders to still cite high levels of job creation, even though the realization figures suggest otherwise.
http://www.wthr.com/story/13870940/where-are-...
i was just reading a story about how the cost of health insurance is coming in much lower in some states while Indiana is claiming the cost will go up.
yeah right.
I dont know about Parke County Indiana or heard that and we dont have that problem where I live but I just know Indiana is not a Death Spiral State or where more people are on welfare and out number the people working like California.

The Number Of People On Welfare Exceeds The Number Of People With Jobs In 11 States

http://michaelsnyder.mensnewsdaily.com/2012/1...

Location hidden

#954801 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the largest and best companies in the field of managing and operating water systems is Veolia Water. However, the parent company is French, which might send some of the leftists into orbit.
Galt is betting that Veolia could operate the Detroit water system at lower cost than the city and still make a nice profit.
http://www.veoliawater.com/
Hey, the other day when you said I should run for Mayor of NYC were you suggesting I could beat weiner?

Anyway, private highways are pretty common in Europe and Asia and one German-Australian company owns some here in Illinois and Indiana.

Location hidden

#954802 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When the net dividends are reduced by higher taxation, the stock and the entire business will be worth less.
Just so that is clear.
But the better solution is to ditch income taxes and move to a consumption tax.
Yes, consumption tax. I can't think of any way it can be twisted to political advantage the way income and corporate taxes are so its a non-starter with our government.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954803 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know about Parke County Indiana or heard that and we dont have that problem where I live but I just know Indiana is not a Death Spiral State or where more people are on welfare and out number the people working like California.
The Number Of People On Welfare Exceeds The Number Of People With Jobs In 11 States
http://michaelsnyder.mensnewsdaily.com/2012/1...
ok, explain this....

http://www.stats.indiana.edu/stats_dpage/dpag...

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco_wel_cas_...

so whites make up 86.6% of the population of this state.

but if you look at the latter you'll see that California is #5 on the list while Indiana is #9.

with what you're saying i'd think we'd be well down the list, don't you?

and with the GOP leadership of this state lying about job numbers, why would you even go back to that source you cite?

Location hidden

#954804 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Old story.
Who polices the police?
While Liberals treat Washington as Mother, Mother is a Welfare Mother sleeping around with everyone, rents her kids to pedophiles and let's boyfriends have fun with her daughters.
But Liberals are convinced that Mother knows best.
Haven't seen a Daddy in Washington since before The Great Society.
Don't fool yourself, Republicans are the Daddy government.

Its time to put mommy and daddy in the retirement home dontcha think?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954805 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Personally I dont care for any of them that you mentioned but their actions tell alot about their true characters which is not good but during Clinton Sleeze was in which I never voted for him and the one that set the financial crisis in motion on his watch or should I say not on Clinton's watch since preoccupied with Extracurricular activity with Monica Lewinksky and who knows who else and not focused on what was importmant to Country instead which is the Typical behavior of a Modern Pseudo Liberal Democrat.
Talk about run-on sentences, geez. Are you Sarah Palin? You just throw a bunch of words together and hope they stick? This is all jibberish.

Location hidden

#954806 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any coffee polluted by milk sucks.
Another point of agreement!

"If you wanted a cup of Milky Way why not just break out a bar instead of making me assemble it every morning dear?"

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#954807 Jul 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Obamacare. I look forward to the exchanges. Both as a family & also as an employer. You see, I am not a Cheapass employer who did not offer good healthcare benefits. You know, the type of employers you right whiners support. Yep you support employers that offer no healthcare benefits buy I F*ckig guarantee you have healthcare benefits at your place of employment or demand healthcare benefits when you look for work.
This is the hypocrisy of you & your right whiner buddies posting here.
"OMG OMG companies have to offer heath care OMG OMG"
I have never taken insurance from any employer, except for when I worked for me. I have found it always cheaper. the brainwashing of the American people into believing health insurance should be tied to employment is one of the biggest scams every run.

Location hidden

#954808 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most jumper suicides are perfectly sane and could certainly expect rescue efforts. Otherwise they would blow their brains out.
You have no case.
The flaw in your counter-argument is that the jumper is not acting recklessly, the driver was and that recklessness resulted in the deaths of others.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954810 Jul 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, the other day when you said I should run for Mayor of NYC were you suggesting I could beat weiner?
Anyway, private highways are pretty common in Europe and Asia and one German-Australian company owns some here in Illinois and Indiana.
Beat Weiner! Good one. No doubt eman will glom onto that catchy phrase in a jiffy; along with that other freak who types magin negro 100 times a day.
Are they toll highways? If not, then what is the advantage?

Location hidden

#954811 Jul 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in Indiana they do and they Leased it for how many years and have all the rights to the Indiana Toll Road(I80) in the northern part of Indiana and people in the northern part were really complaining when that Pseudo Liberal Republican Mitch Daniels made that deal which Daniels knew dam well that the only people that would be paying would be the people from northern part of Indiana and travelers that use I80 to commute daily besides then the Goof Ball Mitch Daniels took the money the state got from the Lease to build an extension of I69 from Indianapolis to Evansville and last I knew that new portion of I69 was going be the New Indiana Toll Road which wasnt suppose to be originally since we already had a toll road that was collecting tolls.

Location hidden

#954812 Jul 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about run-on sentences, geez. Are you Sarah Palin? You just throw a bunch of words together and hope they stick? This is all jibberish.
I know you would pass for Sarah Palin.
The Debil

Paris, France

#954813 Jul 27, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> 8 tracks came long before cassettes. You had to but a matchbox under them after a while to get them to play right. I had plenty of the old great country bands on them. The first three rock ones were J Geils Band, Black Sabbath, and Jethro Tull. Then came Led Zeppelin Two.
You missed one or two... but I didn't, rocker. Say, you still got you bellbottoms, cracker?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min D-U-H 50,041
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Earthling-1 47,007
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,586
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 98,345
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr RACE 639

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]