Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278487 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955096 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security and Medicare are already means-tested, reducing so-called "guaranteed" benefits for some recipients.
I say eliminate Social Security & Medicare now since the Pseudo Liberal Warren SCOTUS ruled in 1960 in the case of Flemming V Nestor that Individuals have no rights to Social Security and it is the same Medicare which are based on a tax besides the 1937 SCOTUS ruling stated that the Social Security Tax is just a tax like any other Tax and the Federal Government is free to spend it anyway the Federal Government wishes which why there has never been a Social Security Trust Fund just on paper as an accounting practice which Clinton admitted in his 2000 Budget which is one thing I will give Bill Clinton Credit for and he wasnt lying.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#955097 Jul 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I must have missed that con bit.....
... Apple's been producing in China because Obamacare has been in existence for years?!?!?!
... and yet I hear Apple is talking about bringing manufacturing jobs back?!?!?!
Talk about cons being a mixed up bunch!
"The opinions that are held with passion are always those for which no good ground exists; in deed, the passion is is the measure of the holders lack of rational conviction. Opinions in politics and religion are always held passionately." Bertrand Russell

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCN Llin

United States

#955098 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I say eliminate Social Security & Medicare now since the Pseudo Liberal Warren SCOTUS ruled in 1960 in the case of Flemming V Nestor that Individuals have no rights to Social Security and it is the same Medicare which are based on a tax besides the 1937 SCOTUS ruling stated that the Social Security Tax is just a tax like any other Tax and the Federal Government is free to spend it anyway the Federal Government wishes which why there has never been a Social Security Trust Fund just on paper as an accounting practice which Clinton admitted in his 2000 Budget which is one thing I will give Bill Clinton Credit for and he wasnt lying.
LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955099 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Why has He abandoned you and you Him?
I know son. You enjoy using Him at your leisure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955100 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Peeping Tom?
You're on the Tennis Court wearing a dress w/no undies, fer crissake!
lol! Oh no son! That's not me on the tennis court! Obviously you're peeping at someone else.

Is it time for you to invoke God's name again son? Or for you to swear like a drunken sailor?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955101 Jul 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The voters elected another Democrat and she decided to stab them in the backs by not serving her community. The Democrats loss to farmer whatshisname because they didn't pick a better candidate. Being a Dumbo, you should be familiar with that scenario.
They're so party centric, they prefer a bad con over a good democrat...

... requires no thinking on their part!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955102 Jul 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's an opportunist who has no regard for no regard for principles or consequences, plain an simple.
Seems to be the norm for right wing crazies....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#955103 Jul 27, 2013
Hope and change has been scrubbed from Obama's website...

Change.gov scrubbed...bye bye transparency...

"Amid the Obama administration’s crackdown against whistleblowers, Change.gov , the 2008 website of the Obama transition team laying out the candidate’s promises, has disappeared from the internet...."

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/07/26/change-is-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Hustontown, PA

#955104 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I say eliminate Social Security & Medicare now since the Pseudo Liberal Warren SCOTUS ruled in 1960 in the case of Flemming V Nestor that Individuals have no rights to Social Security and it is the same Medicare which are based on a tax besides the 1937 SCOTUS ruling stated that the Social Security Tax is just a tax like any other Tax and the Federal Government is free to spend it anyway the Federal Government wishes which why there has never been a Social Security Trust Fund just on paper as an accounting practice which Clinton admitted in his 2000 Budget which is one thing I will give Bill Clinton Credit for and he wasnt lying.
There is a SS Trust Fund.

I guess you think that there is a box in the bank that hold's your money. When you buy something using a check or debit card, a man goes to that box, pulls the correct amount of money & sends it to the recipient.

Location hidden

#955105 Jul 27, 2013
Looking at shiny objects, Killer Zimmerman and fwee insurance...

"Wonkblog: Obamacare Will Raise Premiums…a Lot"

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/20...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Hustontown, PA

#955106 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't someone on the SCOTUS say that Obamacare is a tax?
WTF that Obamacare have to do with the free phones? You really get dumber eery day.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#955107 Jul 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know we'll never hear the truth from you. Your above statement was a prime example. You're just a pathological liar who can't recognize the truth, even when there is solid proof to the contrary.
Right. The "solid proof to the contrary" that you just posted.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#955108 Jul 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know we'll never hear the truth from you. Your above statement was a prime example. You're just a pathological liar who can't recognize the truth, even when there is solid proof to the contrary.
Dumb Dave. I posted that remark about three weeks ago.

You save them up?

Weirdo.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#955109 Jul 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> WTF that Obamacare have to do with the free phones? You really get dumber eery day.

Obama phones...

Lapeer, MI

#955110 Jul 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Oh no son! That's not me on the tennis court! Obviously you're peeping at someone else.
Is it time for you to invoke God's name again son? Or for you to swear like a drunken sailor?
OK. Times up. You back to the institution now.

Dress, hi-heels and all.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#955111 Jul 27, 2013
Oh Boy!

Illegal Immigration is now

>“irregular immigration” <

http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/24506-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#955112 Jul 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a SS Trust Fund.
I guess you think that there is a box in the bank that hold's your money. When you buy something using a check or debit card, a man goes to that box, pulls the correct amount of money & sends it to the recipient.
Hi Dummy. What does the word "Abandon" mean, moron?

Was Clinton Impeached?

Baaawaahh!!!

You are an old idiot.

Hustontown, PA

#955113 Jul 27, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well good for you. The question however is what are you paying for now as to what were you paying then. If you are and were paying for prepaid medical care then you are a sucker.
Flack put his family's heath & financial well being at risk to save a few bucks.

If you or one of your kids got a catastrophic illness that lasted years, your catastrophic insurer would drop you like a hot potato within a year. Coverage through your employer would likely continue.

Lapeer, MI

#955114 Jul 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> WTF that Obamacare have to do with the free phones? You really get dumber eery day.
DumbDave, you need a Reality Refresher.

Calm down. Take a bottle of aspirin and call me in the morning.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#955115 Jul 27, 2013
Clueless fk:
RealDave wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Ferrerman unplugg... 100,675
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 8 min Pennie Lane 457
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Earthling-1 54,605
last post wins! (Apr '13) 11 min Pennie Lane 525
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 24 min Pennie Lane 6,445
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min woodtick57 197,168
abby 9-4-15 40 min Mrs Gladys Kravitz 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages