Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277388 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#955055 Jul 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, really I think the blame rests squarely on Alexander Graham Bell.
Even better we should blame the guy that invented Fire. If he hadn't invented Fire we wouldn't need 911.
And we can blame the guy who invented the wheel for your talking in circles, too.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955056 Jul 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like Carol or whatever her name is today.
So, did you say you were a Democrat? Why would you say that I am a pseudo liberal Democrat? I am a liberal Democrat, proudly so.
Liberals champion the rights of the individual over the rights of the state. That's not you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#955057 Jul 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And Hillary is too fkn old dummy, have you already forgotten the fuss about Ronnie's age.
Being POTUS requires energy, lot's of it, I watched Newt nearly fall asleep while speaking to a group in my area.
IMO Christie has a little over a year to get down to a 42-44 waist or the rigors of campaigning will kill him.
The first and some say best test of a POTUS is getting elected.
DaBammy did it twice___with great ease.
Didn't you like Perry? LMAO
William Howard Taft

Lapeer, MI

#955058 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Talk about run-on sentences, geez. Are you Sarah Palin? You just throw a bunch of words together and hope they stick? This is all jibberish.
This is all jibberish.

Lapeer, MI

#955059 Jul 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't fool yourself, Republicans are the Daddy government.
Its time to put mommy and daddy in the retirement home dontcha think?
If you can uproot the entire Family Tree then do it.

I'll watch.

Otherwise, don't bore us with your Utopian Dreams.

Lapeer, MI

#955060 Jul 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Another point of agreement!
"If you wanted a cup of Milky Way why not just break out a bar instead of making me assemble it every morning dear?"
Ode To A Democrat:

Would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar?
And be better off than you are?
Or would you rather be a mule?

A mule is an animal with long, funny ears
He kicks up at anything he hears
His back is brawny and his brain is weak
He's just plain stupid with a stubborn streak
And, by the way, if you hate to go to school
You may grow up to be a mule

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#955061 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Right Flo, so, if you call me a pseudo Democrat; then, you are in effect calling me a republican, n'cest pas?
what do you think a Neo Conservative is, it sure isnt a conservative that is for sure.

Location hidden

#955062 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Great image.
Substance is not there.
I had to ask.
Help

Jonesboro, AR

#955063 Jul 27, 2013
WOW wrote:
IT'S OKAY TO BE A HOMOSEXUAL no PROBLEM EVERYONE HAS AN EQUAL RIGHT TO LIVE AND BE FREE BUT NOT FREE TO DECIEVE OR TRICK PEOPLE INTO YOUR LIFESTYLE Angry Mob Violently Stabs And Shoots Cross-Dressing Teenage Boy To Death After Finding Out That He Was A Male, BE AS HONSET WITH PEOPLE AS YOU ARE TRUE TO WHAT YOU ARE NOT EVERYONE IS A HOMOSEXUAL OR WANTS TO ENGAGE IN HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOUR IF THEY WERE NOT BORN HOMOSEXUAL BEING HETEROSEXUAL IS NOT A CHOICE WE ARE BORN THIS WAY GET OVER IT wow
Don't believe a word of that, someone murders another, sorry I was just born that way, see how silly all that sounds. You have to dwell on being gay, not natural.

Lapeer, MI

#955064 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Beat Weiner! Good one. No doubt eman will glom onto that catchy phrase in a jiffy; along with that other freak who types magin negro 100 times a day.
Are they toll highways? If not, then what is the advantage?
Each time I read lily's tripe, I temper my thoughts with Jesus' explanation that the Stupid will always be among us.

Location hidden

#955065 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A healthy ego is essential to anyone engaged in public life. That ego protects and feeds the individual's self-worth without which they could not function effectively. It supplies oxygen to those who inhabit thin-air environments.
But when job function is superseded by the need to feed a hungry ego first and foremost, then we have problems where politicians are celebrities first, public servants second and human beings last.
This problem is seen with the Clintons, The Magic Negros, the Weiners, Spitzers and that flake in San Diego.
Your exactly right about the problems seen with the Pseudo Liberal Democrats like the Clintons, The Magic Negros, the Weiners, Spitzers and that flake in San Diego

Lapeer, MI

#955066 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I know you would pass for Sarah Palin.
lily would pass for what Sarah Palin can pass:)

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#955067 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
William Howard Taft
It figures that you'd like "Taft" .:-D

Lapeer, MI

#955068 Jul 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
Gotta run, grandson's first ride on a train this morning. I'm so excited.
Be sure he never sees you pulling a train.

Lapeer, MI

#955069 Jul 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I can't son....
... it never gets over to me in the first place!
Look ...we know you don't have any balls over there but keep your eyes on my balls, capiche?

Lapeer, MI

#955070 Jul 27, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>What obama says about race shouldn't matter to anyone because weather he leans black or white you are only getting half of an opinion .
A half-assed opinion at that.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955071 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You DemoKKKrats have no concept of basic economics, supply and demand.
Really? Funny. It's cons who in many cases act like that....

Ala... drill, baby, drill.

Location hidden

#955072 Jul 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, like Carol or whatever her name is today.
So, did you say you were a Democrat? Why would you say that I am a pseudo liberal Democrat? I am a liberal Democrat, proudly so.
that is right, I am a Conservative Democrat but not a Pseudo Liberal Democrat which most are proud of being Bigots that they are with there ill progressive agenda that I reject and alot of us that dont like the change the Pseudo Liberal Progressive Democrats have implemented like places like Chicago & Detroit and I want nothing to do with because both have failed socially & economoically.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955073 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Palin returned to Foxnews on June 17.
wow.

they lowered their standards... again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#955074 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Pseudo-Christian Religion
a group of people gathered around an individual (a group of individuals or an organization), who, while claiming to be the true Christian Church and teach true Christianity, actually distorts and denies the foundational and distinctive doctrines of the Christian faith.
So.... which one is the 'real' one then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby9-2-15 17 min Mister Tonka 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min IB DaMann 54,562
Ask amy 9-2-15 48 min Stina 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 56 min Ferrerman unplugg... 100,659
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 196,978
2000 Chevy astro dies after I take off on a com... 2 hr AAvila 1
129Steps- Steps to a brighter future 3 hr 129Steps 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages