Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#954897 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most companies do not offer that choice.
But then you have to remember the last time I worked the economy was booming, at least around here. Companies were begging for good employees.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#954898 Jul 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
there are only 3 million FOXbots. 60,932,152 Republicans voted for Mitt.
4.9%.
very impressive.
so it's eating me alive why?
Obama 26 states.
Romney 24 states.

Obama 65,899,000.
Romney 60,932,000.

Obama 51.1%.
Romney 47.2%.

Obama won the liberal states with the larger populations by the biggest margins - by approximately 2 million in New York and 3 million in California.

He barely won Florida and other states by a slim margin.

So I wouldn't call it a mandate or anything like that.

Guess if you keep promising everybody everything even if you don't deliver and lie enough about your opponent and run enough smear campaign ads, you're bound to win over a lot of liberals.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#954899 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
African-Americans are either unable or unwilling to perform the work performed by Mexicans.
I know it and its the same everywhere I have been and it was the Blacks that were unwilling to perform the work that destroyed Detroit too since most of them refuse to work besides the Blacks are the Majority of Detroit and have been for years and that is what they called Black Power and I agree with Rand Paul that the Federal Government shouldnt bailout Detroit either, let them learn to work & provide for themselves first.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#954900 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keep hitting the ball back over the net.
lol! I can't son....

... it never gets over to me in the first place!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#954901 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the welfare statistics for Parke County, Indiana,(pop. 17,000), far less than for one block in a major city. Make your point, if you have one.
http://www.stats.indiana.edu/fssa_m/index.htm...
Exactly.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#954902 Jul 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You took the bag off of your head and I'm STILL dim?
Hmmmm....
Your head is screwed on backwards. Turn around!
Never had one on, son.

Perhaps if you opened your eyes, you'd be able to see for once!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#954903 Jul 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Maher: No matter what Obama says on race, Republicans hear ‘Kill Whitey!’
What obama says about race shouldn't matter to anyone because weather he leans black or white you are only getting half of an opinion .
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#954904 Jul 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no proof that the Affordable Healthcare Act is a job killer.
i'm far from worried about proving anything to you.
Lord Obamacare is cited repeatedly by small business owners as a consideration when hiring new employees. Businesses close to the 50-employee threshold frequently AVOID hiring because of the penalties incurred when crossing the threshold.

Anecdotally I can tell you that most of the small business owners I deal with are actively searching for ways to avoid the cost and headaches of Lord Obamacare. I expect to see a new industry emerging, if the morass of Obamacare isn't repealed: service companies offering advice on how to avoid Obamacare penalties.

We are already seeing an increase in part time employment, which is one of the loopholes that small businesses will try to exploit. Here's the link with the numbers:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...

Everytime new numbers come out on the unemployment rate, the administration touts how "325,000 new jobs created!". What they don't tell you is most were part time jobs created by liquidating a smaller number of full time jobs.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954906 Jul 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama 26 states.
Romney 24 states.
Obama 65,899,000.
Romney 60,932,000.
Obama 51.1%.
Romney 47.2%.
Obama won the liberal states with the larger populations by the biggest margins - by approximately 2 million in New York and 3 million in California.
He barely won Florida and other states by a slim margin.
So I wouldn't call it a mandate or anything like that.
Guess if you keep promising everybody everything even if you don't deliver and lie enough about your opponent and run enough smear campaign ads, you're bound to win over a lot of liberals.
not sure what point you're trying make, but mine was....FOX ratings are not that big a deal when only 4.9% of those who voted for Mitt are watching it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954907 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the welfare statistics for Parke County, Indiana,(pop. 17,000), far less than for one block in a major city. Make your point, if you have one.
http://www.stats.indiana.edu/fssa_m/index.htm...
you're on top of it. run the numbers.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#954908 Jul 27, 2013
The American People needs a Morning After Pill to protect Us from Obamacare and this administration!!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#954909 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaKKKare is a job-killer.
Obamacare keeps jobs in America. Apple drives more good jobs overseas by expanding their trade and production into foreign Third World countries .

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#954910 Jul 27, 2013
In 2012, Obama disingenuously accused Romney of being anti-education and not wanting to invest in the future while ridiculing Romney’s personal wealth. An Obama aide, Stephanie Cutter, made unsubstantiated and off-the-wall claims that Romney could be a felon for allegedly not paying his taxes, and Vice President Joe Biden tried to convince voters that Romney wanted to return to the days of slavery. A pro-Obama Super PAC, Priorities USA, released an ad that accused Romney of causing a women’s death by shutting down a steel plant. Add to that the spurious and invisible “war on women.”

According to an NBC/WSJ poll conducted in late July, Obama had the most “very negative” ads at 32% compared to Romney's 24%.

But liberals will believe anything and Romney didn't have an urgent enough message.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954911 Jul 27, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Imbecile,, the subject is the massive amount of black on white crime and the hypocrisy from self loathing crackers like you on the subject.
Black on "white" like the dead , racist, criminal thug Traygone on Zman.
there is no massive amount.

and i'm half American Indian.

so GTH cracker. preferably in another country.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#954913 Jul 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime has a racist viewpoint of the work performed by Mexicans.
Silly azz ill informed response as usual.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#954915 Jul 27, 2013
Tits Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, carol! what about pissing on the dead, killing a million innocents? When does your vision of right and wrong begin to waver? Who are "our enemies?" Are you sure? you can't just lash out and hope you hit the right people, dear.
Protection of American business interests seems to be the only justification needed for us to wage war against innocents. Sorry I missed your posts last night. You were on a roll.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#954916 Jul 27, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord Obamacare is cited repeatedly by small business owners as a consideration when hiring new employees. Businesses close to the 50-employee threshold frequently AVOID hiring because of the penalties incurred when crossing the threshold.
Anecdotally I can tell you that most of the small business owners I deal with are actively searching for ways to avoid the cost and headaches of Lord Obamacare. I expect to see a new industry emerging, if the morass of Obamacare isn't repealed: service companies offering advice on how to avoid Obamacare penalties.
We are already seeing an increase in part time employment, which is one of the loopholes that small businesses will try to exploit. Here's the link with the numbers:
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...
Everytime new numbers come out on the unemployment rate, the administration touts how "325,000 new jobs created!". What they don't tell you is most were part time jobs created by liquidating a smaller number of full time jobs.
are you dealing with any liberal small time business owners?

right wing media marketing techniques don't equate to the truth.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#954917 Jul 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I know it and its the same everywhere I have been and it was the Blacks that were unwilling to perform the work that destroyed Detroit too since most of them refuse to work besides the Blacks are the Majority of Detroit and have been for years and that is what they called Black Power and I agree with Rand Paul that the Federal Government shouldnt bailout Detroit either, let them learn to work & provide for themselves first.
Didn't they teach you punctuation in school? If you're an American and English is your first language; something is definitely wrong with you.
Do you ever re-read your posts? It's almost painful. Are you Sarah Palin?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#954918 Jul 27, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You partisan fascists care about power, others care about the future of the USA and issues such as the debt which is going way up and standard of living for the middle class which is going way down thanks to you morons.
Your propaganda is nothing more than propaganda, little frustrated libtard.
Don't worry about the US Mr for-eign-er!

Worry about your own country!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#954920 Jul 27, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said yesterday, most people in the know knew Romney was a doomed-to-failure Massachussets RINO. Once the Republican party gets straightened out, it will be back on track.
Its eating you alive because you:
a)post about FOX all day long
b)know that phag news networks like CNN & MSNBC are on the brink of bankruptcy.
Good times.....
lol! You mean hijacked by the t-p don't you son? Talk about an uncouth radical bunch trying to steal from others and pushing their agenda!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min Analog man 5,905
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min ritedownthemiddle 52,848
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min TRD 69,685
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Jacques in Orleans 187,300
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,202
Ask Amy 4-25-15 7 hr Kuuipo 2
Dear Abby 4-25-15 10 hr PEllen 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]