Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 43,837)

Showing posts 876,721 - 876,740 of1,073,282
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar
Tenzing wrote:... "getting caught up in the moment? Looking for brownie points during campaign season? A government so arrogant they don't think the public will notice? I don't reallyblame Obama himsel f, its so easy in the ivory tower with all that  precedent to losesight. However, this is over the line and he just happens to be the one who did it."
Wow, I can see how reading that would make you think I said "he was my hero".

I can see it 'cause your such a childish 'tard.

Yes, I said "childish 'tard" but hey, I don't make the rules, just have to play by 'em.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Gawd, can't you stay on topic for one minute?
Galt has no further interest in the Zimmerman trial.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Camaro is a very nice car, I could see myself driving one when I hit my mid life crisis. lol
But you are right, they screwed it up prior to 2002 (when they ceased producing the Camaro, and since then...
"GM has stopped both production and shipments of the new 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 due to a potential issue with the vehicles"
I can see your sorry azz driving around in an old Subaru Brat with mismatched tires and a lot of duct tape showing.

Oh and by the way scumbag, I am an expert on a few subjects and unlike your dumbazz self avoid posting on subjects that I don't understand or care about.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's how Chapter 9 works.
Let the fun begin. Wait till the Mayor and City Council find out that they have almost no authority to do anything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop all the yinging and yanging about the trial. You agreed with the verdict. The prosecution did not present the evidence to convict for second-degree murder.
But have no idea what you're talking about with "one member of the minority party in both houses..."
I do know that a 2004 Congressional hearing tried to rein in Fannie and Freddie that led nowhere because democrats refused to admit there was a problem.
I do know that Barney Frank tried to convince America Fannie and Freddie were "doing just fine" right up to the very end.
And I do know far more democrats resisted regulating Fannie and Freddie than republicans after Bush's numerous warnings.
That's what I'm convinced about.
Again, for the thinking impaired: Its NOT about the trial, its about the lie you were so certain of.

See? You got around to Frank all on your own.

There was NOT ONE THING House Democrats could have done to prevent the House Majority Republicans from enacting ANY reform they wanted to.

And one member of the minority Party (B. Frank) sure as hell couldn't do anything to stop them.

So, back to the original question. Do you not know you're telling these lies? Is it just programming?

What is it?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
Duma$$
Liberals approved the Iraq/Afghan operations!
Cons don't sanction abortion...real ones don't...
lol! awwww... poor little twinkie. I bet you didn't know there's only one commander in chief? And that he makes the military decisions based on the 'intel' he has?

awwww... I guess you're not that smart at all, eh?
Wax Man

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Camaro is a very nice car, I could see myself driving one when I hit my mid life crisis. lol
I can see you driving one when you hit the oak tree at the end of the driveway.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have missed this part of the post, or did you not understand the words?
"I don't think income should be taxed at all but I sure as hell don't like getting screwed because I don't contribute to Demopublican re-election campaign funds."
Here, get less stupid or did you not understand the words you typed.

"Do you think its right for you to pay 28% when you're earning $60k a year while they make millions and pay a flat 15%? Capital gains are income and need to be taxed the same rate as earned income." - dumbass tensing

Why not say that earned income should be taxed at the same rate as capital gains?- Cause you're a libturd!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I, myself, don't think he's your "hero". But because you have condemned only one side ever since you've been on here and defended this president at every opportunity, it's pretty clear to most of us you aren't clear exactly where you stand.
Yes, this is part of y'all's problem (not that this isn't the umpteenth time I've had to explain it).

You think that because I call you people and your handlers on the propaganda and just general BS you think I must therefore be defending Obama or the Democrats.

It is not a binary proposition, there's more than two possibilities.

I don't have to love Democrats to despise the lying, morally bankrupt right.

You dopes see everything in from that perspective, even members of your own Party, if they're not foaming-at-the-mouth right wing idiots y'all call them "Democrats".

I'm not a foaming-at-the-mouth right wing idiot so y'all assume I must be a democrat.

Get it?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I can see how reading that would make you think I said "he was my hero".
I can see it 'cause your such a childish 'tard.
Yes, I said "childish 'tard" but hey, I don't make the rules, just have to play by 'em.
Stay on the subject lubturd. I said you were lying when you said Obama should be executed, when you had already given him a pass for killing Americans.

The post where you called him your hero will come when you provide the post where I said Martin threw the first punch.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

The Obama Project and the Politics of Race

Obama has across his presidency done essentially nothing on behalf of black Civil Rights.”
Obama, I remarked, has across his presidency done essentially nothing on behalf of black Civil Rights. Worse, I added, he has been actively hostile to the notion that the government ought to do anything to correct or even acknowledge racial oppression and inequality in the U.S.– consistent with numerous “post-racial” and post-Civil Rights comments he made as a presidential candidate in 2007 and 2008 – and has actually spent more time chiding blacks for their own supposed personal and cultural failures to take advantage of America’s supposedly great opportunities than he has on addressing any of the many ways in which racism still deeply permeates American life and institutions.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between dumb and stupid?
"silly"
In as much as "dumos" is a coward and will not answer, I will ask you. What is the difference between innocent and not guilty? With your gift of gab you must have an answer. The fact remains;
- Innocent = Not guilty
- Not guilty = Innocent
Webster Dumb - destitute of the power of speech, stoopid, foolish, inane. So stoopid and dumb are much the same.
You are a enigma, on one had you are not dumb you have the power of speech, on the other hand you can be dumb in as much as you can be stoopid, foolish and inane.
Peace

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I can see your sorry azz driving around in an old Subaru Brat with mismatched tires and a lot of duct tape showing.
Oh and by the way scumbag, I am an expert on a few subjects and unlike your dumbazz self avoid posting on subjects that I don't understand or care about.
What idiot admits to drinking before 10am? A drunk idiot, that's what. LMAO!

As far as the brat, sounds like you owned one, pal.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm not a foaming-at-the-mouth right wing idiot so y'all assume I must be a democrat.
Get it?
...or we read your posts.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Cha-ching! Not only did you scare the sht out of topix, but emoron also. I love it. You're nothing but a big poosy dumbass dave.
Nice mix of hypocrisy and pure cluelessness!
Waxman

Riga, Latvia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Wax Man, I've been looking for a suitable villain for my new book and I think you're perfect. You and Naomi, the ever faithful, long-suffering wife masturbating herself with a lit candle as tears stream down her face and wax streams down her thighs and into her anus. You, wandering the stalling corn crop with no rain (moisture,) in your deerskin breeches and filthy loincloth... beating your breats for the strength to stop kidnapping and murdering little girls... little 15 year old girls... in Virginia and other places... trying to exorcise the death of your own like a talentless, modern day Mark Twain. This is likely to be horrible don't you think? Can you imagine? And right here in front of God and everybody.... FOR FREE!It's like hell on earth, isn't it?
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Obama doesn’t really support black Civil Rights and the broader struggle for black equality? No, not really. The record on this is quite substantial. I’ve delved into it many times before [2] and won’t rehearse it here.

Many Americans find this easily documentable and harsh reality odd and counter-intuitive for two reasons. The first reason is simply that Obama is African-American. There is in the United States’ heavily identity-obsessed political culture a frankly childish but deeply ingrained assumption that a technically black politician and policymakers must inherently identify with and advance the interests of those who share his official race classification.

In reality, Obama’s technically black identity has tended in his case to work in precisely the opposite direction. It has helped make him even less inclined to confront the nation’s deep racial injustices than he already is thanks to his deeply conservative, bourgeois-neoliberal world view, which preposterously sees the United States as a great land of opportunity and freedom for all of those who are willing to shed bad habits and culture to work hard and honestly. Obama has always known that his technical blackness already, in and of itself, triggers the racial fears and resentments of the nation’s majority Caucasian electorate. As a result, he has felt compelled to be far more careful than a white candidate or politician would ever have to be about questioning the deeply false national conventional wisdom that racism is largely over as a serious barrier to black advancement and equality – a pervasive fallacious white belief that was richly reinforced by Obama’s ascendency to the presidency.

“The preposterous claims of the neo-John Bircher right have long helped Obama appear to be far more progressive on all issues (race obviously included) than he really is.”

The second reason that people have a hard time processing Obama’s racial conservatism is that the nation’s powerful neo-McCarthyite FOX News hard right talk radio Teapublican noise machine keeps up a steady multi-channel drumbeat of propaganda claiming that the president is some kind of racial reparations-demanding Black Nationalist radical Marxist enemy of virtuous white America. Along with the silly “left-leaning Obama” dreams and projections of many liberals and progressives, the preposterous claims of the neo-John Bircher right have long helped Obama appear to be far more progressive on all issues (race obviously included) than he really is. This is of course nothing new in American politics. The Liberty League smeared as a communist Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who boasted with some justice that was the savior of the profits system.

For what it’s worth, let’s have a look at Obama’s thoroughly predictable conservative statement to the whitewashed Zimmerman verdict:

“The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.”[3]

This is pretty much what candidate Obama said when in April 2008 a jury acquitted New York City detectives of manslaughter and reckless endangerment for killing the unarmed black American Sean Bell with a 50-bullet assault on the morning of his wedding in November of 2006:
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this is part of y'all's problem (not that this isn't the umpteenth time I've had to explain it).
You think that because I call you people and your handlers on the propaganda and just general BS you think I must therefore be defending Obama or the Democrats.
It is not a binary proposition, there's more than two possibilities.
I don't have to love Democrats to despise the lying, morally bankrupt right.
You dopes see everything in from that perspective, even members of your own Party, if they're not foaming-at-the-mouth right wing idiots y'all call them "Democrats".
Get it?
lol! As I've said before, those right wing idiots have to TELL YOU where you stand on issues in order to make their case.

That's the only way their system works since reality and facts won't cooperate with them!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Galts first car.
"silly"
If that was "John Galt's" first car, I would bet he wished he still owned it.
My first car a 57 Plymouth Fury 3, black, lakers, 4 on the floor, overhead cam and two 4 barrels. When all 4 barrels were used gas mileage about 5 miles per gallon. Course gas only cost 23.9 cents per gallon.
Sure wish I still had the car.
Peace
KMA
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

19th century DEMOCRAT Tom metzger. He was a former Klan member, currently the leader of the white aryan resistance. He is a democrat, and believes Republicans are more traitorous than democrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 876,721 - 876,740 of1,073,282
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,787
Woman shot dead on Chicago expressway 59 min Susan 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Independent1 4,489
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 48,702
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr the plain truth 1,833
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 5 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr No Warming 45,601
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••